Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Stararisto > Reviews

Browse

Stararisto's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stararisto RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Koomus Air Vent Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder Cradle for all iPhone and Android devices - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $14.99
6 used & new from $13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Good solid mount with a few cons, October 3, 2015
I bought this car mount a few months back, and like it.

The good: It holds my smartphone (MotoX) with no problem. I can adjust the ball head so I can see the GPS directions in my phone. It is a solid car mount. A good thing about having a air vent mount is that when I have the AC on, it cools my phone. Haven't tried when I have the heat on, though...

The bad: The mount clip does bend one of the air vent plastic slats, just a bit though.
I also found out that the rubber over time gets loose. I just glued it back. But when I tried to take the whole car mount off, the clamp separated from the ball head, leaving the mount clip in the vent. Can't take that little piece off. It doesn't matter for me right now because I just leave it there, but what if I want to sell my car??

InsigniaTM - Ac Laptop Power Adapter
InsigniaTM - Ac Laptop Power Adapter
8 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good charger for different laptops with different plugs., July 9, 2015
It works. So far so good. AND cheaper than Best Buy. I have a 5-6 years old laptop, so I may get a new one some time within 1-2 years, hopefully after Windows 10 comes out and all bugs are fixed. But my charger died before that. So I needed one asap. I chose this one because then it won't matter what laptop I buy next, I will have the adapter for it.

Pandemic Board Game
Pandemic Board Game
Price: $24.99
124 used & new from $21.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cooperative game, July 9, 2015
This review is from: Pandemic Board Game (Toy)
First time playing a cooperative game and loved it. It was a bit confusing at first, but once you see 1-2 other people making through their turns, and the group deciding what is best. Then, it is easier to understand. We were 5 (4 newbies) and we were lucky that we won on our first time, but barely. We had to win on that last turn otherwise we could have lost in many ways (we had one outbreak left, the next card was an epidemic, etc). There are many ways to lose, one way to win. Everyone is engaged the whole time. there is no downtime. Great game. However, I'm not the owner, so I don't know how many times one could play this game before being bored.

Monopoly Deal Card Game
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Price: $6.88
66 used & new from $4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A 15 minute game can be not so quick if you include the # of rounds/day, July 9, 2015
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
I'm addicted to this game and I'm not the only one. The game is quick. 10-15 minutes. More if others take too long to decide. I usually play 4-5 rounds on the same day and then we move on to other games. But I'm always happy to play it the next time my friends and I meet.

[OLD MODEL] Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Drive (CT256MX100SSD1)
Offered by Just Guy Stuff
Price: $154.99
16 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It is all about SSD, July 9, 2015
It is all about SSD. My laptop is at least 5 years old with 2GB of RAM and Intel Core i3 (yes my cellphone has the same RAM as my computer). My laptop was failing me, and freezing all the time. I thought it was a RAM problem, and I was about to upgrade the RAM except that it was my hard drive that was failing me. I didn't want to buy a new laptop since all of them or most of them come in the very annoying Windows 8 and since they are slimmer/smaller it is more difficult to fix them or upgrade them. It is all about SSD and this one hasn't disappointed me yet. It feels better than when I just first bought it. Doesn't feel a laptop of 2GB RAM either. BTW, I have had this SSD since November 2014, so at least 6 months.

Just make sure there is no wiggle room when you fit the SSD because the first few times I was using the laptop with this SSD, my laptop would freeze. It turns out that the SSD was a bit loose. Press really well so it is attached securely.

Also when replacing your hard drive, make sure to read the how to replace a HDD to a SSD. And also google how to make the most of your SSD. There are also some customization that you'd need to do after you set it up. For example, setting it up so you never have to defrag again, or that the computer does not read the turning speed (SSD has no moving parts). Or enable TRIM.

And hopefully, anyone who's thinking about replacing their HDD knows to back up their files... Right?

Zojirushi SM-JTE46PX Stainless Steel Travel Mug with Tea Leaf Filter, 16-Ounce/0.46-Liter, Pink Champagne
Offered by PowerforApple
Price: $26.40
23 used & new from $20.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful it is STILL hot!, July 9, 2015
I like to drink warm tea, but warm water does not steep tea very well. So, I pour boiling water 1/2 - 3/4 way into this little travel mug and leave it overnight. After about 10-12 hours, it is still very hot. I burned my tongue a few times thinking it should be at most warm. Then pour room temperature water, and done. Nice very flavorful tea that does not burn my tongue.

CKITZE B-7 Grounded Universal Plug Adapter Type G for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & more - CE Certified
Offered by NiuBile
Price: $1.56
61 used & new from $1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Metallic third prong!, July 9, 2015
Good and cheap. Bought this plug for my travel to Kenya. My friend had a similar plug but with the third prong being plastic. Didn't work in Kenya (apparently in some countries, electricity does not flow through the third prong, but in Kenya it does). Lent it to my friend because she was staying in Kenya longer. Now I have to buy another one because never saw it again.

Cranium Wow Game
Cranium Wow Game
Offered by Nemean lion LLC
Price: $29.99
109 used & new from $5.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for limited amount of parties, July 9, 2015
This review is from: Cranium Wow Game (Toy)
I bought this game a long time ago. It is great for parties, but there is a limit of how many games you can play. It is not a good game if you have played 3-4 games, since you tend to remember some of the cards. And if you are the owner, then worse. It feels a bit like cheating, since you get faster at guessing correctly the card with one action or one word etc. My friends and I tried to expand the game by making some cards, but haven't played it for a long time now, it's gathering dust. I have moved on to other games.

Fenix E01 Flashlight, Black
Fenix E01 Flashlight, Black
Price: $10.95
124 used & new from $7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for emergencies and little things (like having the lights ..., March 28, 2015
Small, I can keep it with my keys in my pants pocket. Very useful for emergencies and little things (like having the lights cut off suddenly). Unfortunately, I keep forgetting which way to turn and get paranoid that I'd unscrew the top just to turn on the flashlight, I'd rather have a slider button to turn on and off.

Black 2 Sided Rigid Multi Card Holder by Specialist ID (1 Pack)
Black 2 Sided Rigid Multi Card Holder by Specialist ID (1 Pack)
Offered by Discount ID
Price: $1.99
2 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 28, 2015
Sturdy. Just what I needed. Takes 3 cards (2 on one side, 1 on another).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3