Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Tricia N. Adams > Reviews

Browse

Tricia N. Adams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tricia N. Adams "Trish" RSS Feed (Granger, IN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
100 Pack Maxtek Premium Thick White Paper CD DVD Sleeves Envelope with Window Cut Out and Flap, 100g Heavy Weight.
Offered by YoKool
Price: $5.99
6 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for my needs, June 21, 2016
I purchased some taller plastic sleeves to hold cover art and DVD's so I could get rid of all my bulky DVD cases, but I realized pretty quickly that I didn't just want loose DVD's getting tossed around. After some research I settled on these paper sleeves, and I'm so happy I did. The price was right, and they are just about perfect for what I need them for. The DVD's slip in and out easily and they fit nicely into the larger plastic sleeve that I previously purchased.

They are paper so I don't expect them to last forever, but for the price and ease of use that's something I'm not concerned about.

100 CPP Clear Plastic Sleeve with Flap (Fits 14mm DVD Case Artwork)
100 CPP Clear Plastic Sleeve with Flap (Fits 14mm DVD Case Artwork)
Offered by Best Sellers Web
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for storing DVD's, June 21, 2016
I got so fed up with how much space my movies were taking up, so I decided action was order. My first thought was to just get a CD binder to stick them in, but I had a feeling I'd regret getting rid of the cover artwork. Especially with a toddler in the house that likes to pick out movies by sight, i knew he'd have a hard time with that.

A little investigation led me to these clear plastic sleeves. The price was right, so I ordered some to see if they'd work. Turns out, they're practically perfect. The artwork from the DVD cases fits into these sleeves very nicely, but I didn't want the actual DVD's getting tossed around unprotected so I put those into individual paper sleeves and put them in behind the artwork. It worked perfectly. Even for TV series that had 4 or 5 discs, they all fit in the plastic sleeve quite nicely.

Now all our movies fit into a small box and the whole family can easily find what they want to watch.

My only small complaint is that the plastic ripped on a couple of the sleeves as I was putting stuff in them. I wouldn't consider it a major issue. We've been taking DVD's in and out of the sleeves for a few weeks now and they're holding up well. At this price point you can afford to have a few duds.

Stainless Steel Watermelon Slicer Corer Cutter & Server melon knife fruit knives with Black Safety Handle in Home & Kitchen (Black)
Offered by home nice seller
Price: $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, June 21, 2016
I rarely buy melons because I'm just so tragically bad at cutting them. It turns into a total fruit massacre in my kitchen. I figured it couldn't hurt to give this little gadget a try to see if it could help me and the poor melons out.

The first thing I noticed is how sturdy and well-made the melon slicer is. You can tell it was built to last. A welcome feature given how flimsy some kitchen items can be, especially when you're ordering them online and can't handle them before buying.

The second thing I noticed is that no instructions were included. I know, it should probably be self-explanatory. But, melon murderer over here really could have benefited from a brief overview before trying to use it. I got the hang of it pretty quick though and was soon slicing up a watermelon like a boss. My melon didn't look quite as clean-cut as the one shown in the product description when all was said and done, but I was still pretty happy with the result. I had big, juicy slices of watermelon with little effort.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone like me who has a hard time cutting melons, or just anyone who likes different kitchen gadgets.

*I received this product at a discount in exchange for an honest review*

Ls: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan
Ls: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan
DVD ~ Leslie Sansone
Price: $8.31
40 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good workout with Leslie, March 23, 2016
This review is from: Ls: Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan (DVD)
I've gone through each of the miles on this DVD at least once now, and I must say I'm really pleased with the workouts. All the classic walk moves (side steps, kicks, knee lifts, kick backs) are included, but she throws in a bit of variety too. Nothing too crazy, but it makes the workouts a little more interesting.

The DVD includes 5 different miles, identified by color. The red, blue, green, purple, and yellow miles. Leslie and her walk partners are all wearing the coordinating color for the mile they're on. There is also a warm up and a cool down segment. It also includes strength and toning sessions for abs, arms, legs, chest & back, as well as a stretching segment. Typically the strength and toning sessions in Leslie's workouts are brief, and this DVD is no exception. The focus is more on the walking, with some light strength training thrown in.

In the DVD menu you can create your own workout from the options listed above, or there are 5 pre-made workouts for each day of the week to choose from if you don't want to come up with your own combination.

It is important to note that each mile is it's own individual workout, so when you combine miles into one workout, there's a bit of a transition from mile to mile. This did not bother me though. The miles start out more brisk than a warm-up and don't get all the way down to a true cool down, so you still keep a good pace no matter what. Plus, if you're not super fit (like me!) then it can be nice to get a bit of a slower pace while you transition from mile to mile.

Leslie was cheery and talkative like normal! I always find her personality to be fun and genuine. It's why I always gravitate toward her workouts over others.

Leslie's walking buddies in this DVD are cheery and fun young women. The might just be really good actors, but they did seem to genuinely be enjoying themselves during the workout segments. You know how the exuberance can seem forced in a lot of workouts? I didn't feel that here.

I would definitely recommend this DVD to anyone who enjoys walking, needs a low impact workout, or wants a workout they can customize. I love that I can pop it in and do one mile if I'm pressed for time, or do 5 and some strength training if my schedule is open.

Stride Rite SRT Prescott Sneaker (Toddler)
Stride Rite SRT Prescott Sneaker (Toddler)
Price: $32.20 - $70.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but should have got an extra-wide, February 13, 2016
I purchased these shoes in a Stride Rite store after having my son's foot measured to make sure I was getting the right size and width. Their charts indicated he's a wide, so that's the size shoe we bought, but this particular style runs a little narrow. It's not terrible. It just take an extra push or two to get the shoe on. I maybe should have gone back for an extra-wide, but I couldn't stomach another trip into the mall.

They seem comfortable on his feet though. He's a full-blown threenager, so he'd definitely let me know if they weren't up to his stringent footwear specifications.

The width issue aside, I really like these shoes. They're cute and my toddler will actually wear them. Pants, not so much.

Cuisipro Snap Fit Cookie Cutters Set of 5, Round Shapes
Cuisipro Snap Fit Cookie Cutters Set of 5, Round Shapes
Price: $9.95
24 used & new from $7.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for cutting sandwiches, February 13, 2016
So, I have a toddler with very specific food demands. He's basically a little tyrant who makes me provide him with fun and nutritious meals everyday. You give him a sandwich cut the "regular" way and he'll shun it all day long. You cut it into circles though, and it's game on at the dinner table baby. We had been using a set of metal cutters, but they weren't holding up well and decided to go with something plastic. I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure how they'd do cutting through a sandwich, but so far they've worked perfectly. They clean up very easily too, which is great for those days when the tyrant only wants to eat sandwiches. Tiny circle sandwiches. They also very conveniently nest into each other, which makes storing them really easy.

One of these days I might even use these to, I don't know, cut out cookies or something. Maybe some salt dough Christmas ornaments? I know, I'm thinking big here.

Bottom line, these things are worth the money and they work great. If you need some round cookie cutters, I think you'll be pleased.

Olay Professional Pro-X Age Repair Lotion With Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 2.5 Fl Oz
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $31.99
19 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite moisturizer, January 13, 2016
I tried this moisturizer on a whim a few years ago, and I've used nothing else since. I LOVE it.

After the first use I noticed a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. It's not a miracle product or anything, but it keeps my dry face moisturized, and leaves my skin looking a lot more youthful and luminous. Over time, it does seem to have reduced the appearance of some fine lines around my eyes.

I highly recommend for anyone who wants to get some of their glow back!

Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 3.6x Zoom
Sony DSC-RX100/B 20.2 MP Exmor CMOS Sensor Digital Camera with 3.6x Zoom
Price: $498.00
41 used & new from $299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great high-end point and shoot, January 13, 2016
I'm a photographer, but sometimes it isn't feasible to take my camera with me. Or sometimes, I just don't want the hassle. This camera seemed like a viable alternative, but I was still hesitant just based on the price point. I didn't want to fork over $400 and end up with a camera that wasn't going to deliver. So far though, I'm super happy with this camera. There are really too many features to get into here, but I'll list a few of my favorites:

1. The flash! Love the pop-up flash and that it's adjustable so I can bounce light off the ceiling

2. The battery. You don't have to remove the battery to charge the camera. It's a small thing, but I love that I never have to worry about forgetting to put the battery back in. Not that I've ever done that before.

3. Build quality. The camera feels nice and sturdy, but isn't overly heavy. Great for throwing in my purse before leaving the house.

4. Robust manual mode that's easy to use. I'm used to a DSLR and having many of the controls right on the camera back, so I was wondering what it was going to be like to have to get to many of those from this camera's menu. There was a little bit of a learning curve, but after half an hour of playing, shooting in manual was a cinch. You obviously can't change your settings as quickly, but that's a trade-off I can live with.

5. Even though I think it'd be a shame if you only shot in auto on this camera, it's still the best auto mode I've used on a point and shoot. Don't tell anyone, but I use it quite a lot when I just want to get some really quick shots.

Disney/Pixar Cars The King Diecast Vehicle, 1:55 Scale
Disney/Pixar Cars The King Diecast Vehicle, 1:55 Scale
21 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Cars lover needs The King!, December 18, 2015
This toy is really well made! It's not the cheaper plastic kind, so it'll hold up to some abuse. I mean, it's a race car, so you know it's going to get a little beat up!

My son loves his new toy. I think his Cars collection is finally complete.

Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Take-n-Play Ryan Engine
Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Take-n-Play Ryan Engine
30 used & new from $4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy for a Thomas the Train addict, December 18, 2015
Guys, you should never leave your kid alone to watch PBS while you sneak into the kitchen to eat candy alone in the pantry. Chances are they will get horribly addicted to Thomas the Train and you'll be forced to hear all about that freaking Island of Sodor and it's creepy anthropomorphic trains 24/7. Don't dismiss the warning. It's important for your future survival.

But if you do find yourself in the unenviable position of rearing a child that is addicted to talking trains, these toys will be a nice treat for your tiny addict.

The first plus is, they don't actually talk. They don't make any noise at all, unless you count the sound of them crashing into a lamp after your small addict throws one across the room. The second plus is, they're a manageable size. They're not tiny, so they won't get lost easily. But they aren't so big that storing them will be a challenge. The third plus is, your Thomas fiend is going to love it. They'll be so distracted by the fun, you'll have many more opportunities to eat ice cream out of a coffee mug (obviously so your kids think you're drinking coffee) while you hide in the laundry room. The fourth plus is, they're really well made. Your kid probably isn't going to break it and then have a 5-alarm meltdown about it.

Just a side note, these trains are NOT the correct size for the wooden railway sets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8