Profile for bz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 156

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bz RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
La Crosse Technology 308-146  Atomic Wireless Color Forecast Station with Dew Point, Heat Index,  USB charging port
La Crosse Technology 308-146 Atomic Wireless Color Forecast Station with Dew Point, Heat Index, USB charging port
Price: $48.38
72 used & new from $38.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard To Read, March 1, 2015
I have a Acurite regular LCD table top model for many year. That model use 3 AA batteries that I need to replace every month. It is very inconvenient. None of the bigger regular clock model has what I want. This La Crosse is the only model with outside temperature and has an AC adapter. I put this in the living room next to the TV. The letters are small and very difficult to read. It is very dim even with the backlight turned to high. The viewing angle is very bad. Bottom line, it does not remotely look like the picture. It is ok if I put this on my desk but not across the living room. It looks like they just tape some color tape over the letters to make the different colors. The outside sensor will lose connection to the unit very often. It will come back though. I try the USB charge port. It works. But I don't use this much. This unit will try to adjust the clock everyday close to midnight. But I don't think it works in my area. I expect the clock will change for daylight saving. But it does not change the clock.

This is a clock and this model is expensive. So, the 3 stars is for having an AC adapter.

Enter & The Dance
Enter & The Dance
Price: $10.00
30 used & new from $5.52

2.0 out of 5 stars Not loud enogh., January 31, 2015
This review is from: Enter & The Dance (Audio CD)
I like Hydra. But this CD is just too soft to me. Not loud enough.

My Cassette Player
My Cassette Player
Price: $10.99
36 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, January 31, 2015
This review is from: My Cassette Player (Audio CD)
Love it. The songs sound like a lot of Jazz and little bit of Pop.

Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Price: $300.55
44 used & new from $272.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitor, January 31, 2015
I have a Viewsonic VA2012wb for a long long time, and it is still working. So, I will compare this Dell U2415 with the Viewsonic.

Price wise, the Viewsonic cost more 9 years ago then this Dell today.

Size wise, the actual screen for the Viewsonic is 17x11 inches. The Dell is 21x13 inches. The Viewsonic has a thicker frame. The Dell is virtually frame-less. So, the Dell is actually just a little bit bigger.. Both take about the same space on my desk. Both have heavy base. They don't move or wobble. You can raise up and down, rotate the screen left and right with the Dell. But unlike the older Dell, this Dell will not automatically switch screen orientation in Windows.

Color wise, I want to say the Dell is better. Color looks great out of the box. But I just can't tell the different. Both look about the same to me. However, the Dell has much better contrast. I can see darker photo and movie much better with the Dell. I can see much better detail from hair, dark jacket, and night scene, etc. The Viewsonic is just fuzzy for anything dark. The Viewsonic is very very bright and not comfortable to look at. Lowering the brightness will just make the screen fuzzy. I have to leave it bright and put a 3M tinted filter on the screen to make the Viewsonic to be easier on my eyes. The Dell is also very bright but it looks much easier on my eyes. I can lower the brightness and the screen will remain sharp. Both the Viewsonic and the Dell are matte screen. I can't see any coating at all. I seat behind a window. No bad reflection from the screen for both monitors.

Viewing angle, the Dell is much better than the Viewsonic. However, the IPS glow is very bad. I have to seat back couple more inches away from the Dell to avoid the IPS glow. Otherwise, anything dark that is just a little bit off center will turn silver in color if I seat close to the screen. If I seat further, I won't see the IPS glow.

The Dell comes with a bunch of USB 3.0 ports. However, all the ports (except one) are covered and are in the back pointing down. No way I can reach them and use them for anything removable. So, they are pretty much useless.

Usability wise, the Dell is just bad.

The buttons are on the front but I just can't see or feel them easily. They are not physical buttons. They are just 4 very little gray dots. I need to touch any one of the dots to wake up the on-screen menu, and I need to touch the right spot to move the menu.

The major problem for me is that I constantly need to plug and unplug two computers to the monitor. The Viewsonic is much better. If I unplug one computer to the Viewsonic, it will automatically switch to the other computer. The Dell will not look for any signal from the other input. If I unplug one computer from the Dell, it will just turn itself off. That means I need to touch multiple buttons again to switch to the other computer.

On the other hand, The Dell comes with a software called Display Manager. I love this app. I can change all kind of setting from this app. I don't have to look for the on-screen menu or button hunting from the monitor.

Now the stupid feature of all. If the Dell goes to sleep, the white power led will start flashing. And the led is very bright. That tiny led can light up the room. I have to tape it with a piece of black electric tape to cover it.

Overall, the Dell U2415 is a very good monitor.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 9:50 PM PST

Holmes Heater with Programmable Timer & Bathroom Safe Plug, HFH436WGL-UM
Holmes Heater with Programmable Timer & Bathroom Safe Plug, HFH436WGL-UM
Price: $34.99
94 used & new from $26.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, December 27, 2014
I have this for 2 years. I need one to put in the bathroom and this one has the safety plug. It is working fine without any problem. This is not that hot but it is warm enough for me. I don't use the timer but I like that it has a clock. The control is very easy to use. Turning on and off is what I need. I also have the one-touch version. That one-touch version is very bad. I do trip it couple time when the moisture is too high in the bathroom. So, it is very good heater.

Returned
Returned
DVD ~ Kris Holden-Reid
Price: $11.99
25 used & new from $1.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Must See If You Like Walking Dead, August 10, 2014
This review is from: Returned (DVD)
This is a story about what happens after they find the cure from the zombie virus. People who are cured are called the returned. I like the story and I like the acting. The pace is very good. Not too fast. Not too chatty. This is not a Sci-Fi movie. This is a social drama movie. So, don't expect too much gun slinging and hammer smashing effect. Give this movie a try. You may like it.

KMASHI® S903 Soft Silicone Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Speaker Ultra-portable With Clear Audio Sound Built-in Mic and Rechargeable Battery(Orange)
Offered by Hoocate
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Speaker, August 4, 2014
Update:

After months of use, the Kmashi can last about 2hours at the default volume level easily. Which is very loud and very good for my use. The only problem I am having is that the Kmashi will repeat the same song without advancing to the next most of the time. If that happens, I will need to press the next button to move to the next song. Meanwhile, I bought yet another mini speaker. It is a EnerPlex that looks like a cube that is about the size of this Kmashi. I have to say the EnerPlex sounds 1000 times better than the Kmashi. The EnerPlex has a smaller speaker inside but it sounds clear and has ton of bass. However, The EnerPlex is bluetooth and line-in only. It does not take memory card.

So far, I have a Monster Clarty HD, the ball shaped speaker Gear4 Angry Birds Speaker (Red Bird), this Kmashi, the EnerPlex cube EnerPlex AC-SPEAK-GR Bluetooth Speaker, Green, and a very small mini pepper shaker shaped speaker DGL Mini Bluetooth Music Speaker - Black.

In term of usability, the Kmashi is the best. The Monster sounds the best but it is big. The EnerPlex and the HYPE sound equally good with ton of bass but they are bluetooth only.

----
I have another similar mini speaker that is shaped as a ball, and has different functionality. Maybe I can do a comparison.

My other one does not have Bluetooth but it comes with a FM radio. This Kmashi comes with Bluetooth but no FM radio.

If I put a memory card in the Kmashi, it will announce "Card Reader" and then it starts playing the songs. My ball shaped speaker has no announcement. If I remove the memory card from the Kmashi, it will announce "Connection" and ready to pair. My other one will just tune to the FM radio. If I disconnect the Bluetooth, it will say "Disconnection".

If I plug my ball shaped speaker to the computer, my computer sees a USB speaker and a USB drive and starts routing the sound to it. I can copy files directly to my ball shaped speaker. This Kmashi does not have any USB speaker/drive function.

Both sound about the same. But my other speaker has a better bass. The speaker is enclosed inside the ball. The whole ball shape really enhance the bass. This Kmashi has an exposed speaker on top. So, it does not use the body to reflex the bass. So, the bass from this Kmashi is a little bit weak.

My ball shaped speaker can last between 1 to 1 1/2 hours when I turn the volume all the way up. It says it can run for 3-4 hours on the box.

I haven't had a chance to check how long the battery will last for the Kmashi. However, the Amazon description may be wrong. It says the Kmashi has a 600mA battery. And this is the reason I buy this speaker hoping the run time will be longer than an hour. But the paperwork in the box says the Kmashi has a 300mA battery and can run for 2 hours. A 600mA battery may have the size of a AAA battery. This thing is very small. So, I guess the rating stated in the paperwork maybe more accurate.

So, here is my review. Pretty good bargain for 10 bucks.

RoboCop: Trilogy Collection [Blu-ray]
RoboCop: Trilogy Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Peter Weller
Price: $14.96
32 used & new from $10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, July 26, 2014
If you are a Sci Fri fan, this package is a bargain when it was on sale. It comes with 3 discs in one standard size blu-ray box. It does not take any space to put it away. The picture quality is 5 stars. It is crystal watching in my 19" TV. It is a little bit too sharp watching in my 55" IMO (need to turn off the Soap Opera thingie). The first disc comes with tons of extra. The second and the third are just the movies and the trailers. No extra. I like the first two movies. You can just trash the third disc to the garbage.

Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Honeywell TurboForce Fan, HT-900
Price: $15.99
96 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Fan Cheaply Made, July 26, 2014
This fan has a very good air flow but the fan is cheaply made. The fan ran very quiet at first for a month or two. The bearings began to wear out quickly. It started to vibrate more and more and got very noisy. And then the fan just stopped spinning. I need to take the fan apart and oil both the front and rear bearing to loosen them every couple months to keep the fan spinning. I think I can use a heavier oil but this will stink up the room. But the point is that I shouldn't have to oil this thing so often. It is just a cheaply made product.

Detachment
Detachment
DVD ~ Adrien Brody
Offered by Movies Movies
Price: $11.43
16 used & new from $10.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad Movie, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Detachment (DVD)
Very similar story to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The other movie gives you hope but this movie is just a dead end with no way out. Great movie. The only thing I don't like is Lucy Liu. She is not that good in this movie.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16