Profile for John Thomas... > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 71

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Thomas... "New England...USA" RSS Feed (New England.....USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brightech - BrightPlay Home HD™ Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver / Adapter with apt-X Technology for CD Quality Sound - Adds Bluetooth Functionality to Non-Bluetooth Sound Systems. Stream Music with Startling Clarity from your Mobile Device to Speakers and Stereos - Connect 2 Devices Simultaneously and Have A DJ Battle with a Friend!
Offered by Brightech™
Price: $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Reproduction At A Budget Price..., July 13, 2014
I agreed to receive and review this on a free basis for my son to enjoy. I don't even own a smart phone, but he does, and he is into all of the latest blue tooth gear. When we got this, we quickly hooked it up to my big home stereo through the empty phone, (turntable) plug outlets. It took only about 15 sec for it to beep and be recognized, and then we started listening to the music. At low volume the music coming over my big old fashioned speakers sounded great. But then when he turned it up, it got distorted quite easily. This only happened when he was turning up the volume on the phone. When we turned it up via the actual receiver, the music sounded fine. At that time my son said something about the way he streamed it onto his phone being part of the problem. I wish I could repeat what he was talking about, but very little of it escaped going over my head. In any event, the next day he showed up again with some other music he streamed in a better quality and it sounded great, even very loud. Maybe a more expensive adaptor would sound better, or at least mask the distortion better at high volumes. But this budget unit did an excellent job at reproducing the music for us with a better quality recording. In my opinion, this thing is easy to hook up and install, (in anyone's opinion actually), and sounds just great when used with an HD recording from an iphone or other device. And from what I can see browsing the other type adapters on Amazon, this comes at an excellent price as well. Very much recommended.. : )

Campbell's Go Soup Creamy Red Pepper with Smoked Gouda, 14 Ounce Pouch (Pack of 8)
Price: $19.84
2 used & new from $19.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Pepper And Gouda Blend A Winner, July 12, 2014
I bought a case of this for my son who can't seem to get enough of it. He likes all the flavors, but he is just crazy about the Red Pepper and Gouda blend. A single pouch of it goes for about $3.30 at the super market here. So with Amazon prime its a good deal here at less than $3.00 a pouch and free shipping. As for the taste of this, personally I think it is very good soup, but not all that special to buy in quantity for myself. But my son who has two jobs and seldom gets to enjoy time for a real home cooked mean, this has become one of his favorite mainstays. According to him its the most delicious soup that didn't come out of something home made. As long as Amazon keeps offering it for a price cheaper than the market here, and with free shipping, I will be ordering it for him.

In conclusion, I have read some of the other reviews here about some people complaining about the smell, consistency, and especially the sodium content in some of the flavors. Truthfully, I really don't care. If you are not partial to canned or prepared soup, there is a good chance you may not favor this either. And if you are sensitive to the sodium content, I can well understand that as well. This review if based on myself, and especially my sons opinion of the Red Pepper blend, and in this house it's a standout winner.. : )

FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad (Black)
FAVI FE01-BL Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard with Mouse Touchpad (Black)
Offered by Retail Ace
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $18.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair Price...Working Perfectly For Me, July 11, 2014
This is a very nicely desgined touchpad that was very easy to set up. I found the use of it, and the range to all be satisfactory. (Some things I get better range on than others, but it all averages out to about the 12-15 feet promised). And I dispite what some others here have said about its battery life, I am quite impressed with it. The wireless mouse touch pad is a really nice touch, and once used to it, it is very easy and handy to use. I found the keys to be a little small for my fingers. But with all the downsizing that is going on these days with electronics, I am not surprised by that.

My only two complaints with this unit is that the instructions that came with it were a little lacking in my opinion. Perhaps something was left out, but there was nothing included to explain all the key functions, and there was much to figure out on my own. Also, this thing is made of a shiny plastic with no grips of any kind on it, and it is very easy to have slip out of your hands. If it were a cell phone one would get a case for it immediately. But I doubt there are any for this. With my being clumsy at times with small smooth electronic devices, this can be a real pain. Other than those issues, I have been using this regularly for some time now and it powers up and has been working perfectly for me so far. The price is certainly right and I recommend it.. : )

A free unit was supplied to me in exchange for a fair and honest review.. : )

Nationite SA1 Universal Phone & Tablet Micro-Suction Stand (White)
Nationite SA1 Universal Phone & Tablet Micro-Suction Stand (White)
Offered by MP4NATION
Price: $11.50
3 used & new from $10.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Well Working Stand.., July 11, 2014
I received this as a free sample and I feel it really works very well. I have have owned a bunch of these in the past and always found them problematical...It always seemed to me to be something that is really a rather simple idea, but always seemed to harbor a glitch here and there that kept them from really being desirable. As for this Natonite model, I had no problem with it at all sticking it to the right surface, nor with it holding the phone either. I like keeping it on my desk where I can punch a button and then either pick it up or use it easily on speaker. It doesn't move around or wiggle much at all when you're using it. I easily trust it with my phone since its always got a case on it anyway, and it not going far if it falls off of this thing. The only thing I would probably do is make the phone sticky part a little bigger. But then again, some people may not have as much room on the back of their phone as I do. It would add some extra security to the unit, but in all fairness it works well enough as it is. A nice piece for a very reasonable price... Recommended.. : )

Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub with Power Switch for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC - Black (HB-U3P4)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $14.99
10 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Shaped, Price Is Right..But Short Cord, July 8, 2014
USB hubs are a pretty unremarkable thing to review actually. But for what they provide, they can be a life saver. I have a rather aged lap top that doesn't have any where near the number USB ports that's needed these days for all the gear and other what not that uses them. This hub with its extra ports does the job very nicely at a decent price. The power switch on it is a nice little bonus, and it hooks up in a jiffy and works perfectly for me. Personally, I like the design of it just being straight forward like a power strip. (These things can come in a variety of shapes and sizes..) The only thing I don't like on it is something mentioned often in the other reviews, as well as something that aggravatingly common these days. The cord on it is just too short. Another couple of inches would have been very much appreciated, and I hope the company considers it. Other than that, it works perfectly, has a nice design, and comes at a very fair price... Recommended...: )

A free sample was provided in exchange for a fair and honest review..

WOODLAND CAMO Monkey Fist Self Defense Keychain 1" Steel Ball Double Line 550lb Tensile Strentgh Military Paracord (Length 6 5/8")
Offered by Muzitao
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Made, Good Easy Protection..., July 8, 2014
This is a quality made monkey fist that can come in mighty handy in a bad situation. It's made with a good strong cord that is tied very well and will hold the entire thing together for a very respectable amount of time in my opinion. The ball in it seems very heavy at first and you have to be careful with it. But you get used to it quickly. To really test it I slammed it against a board several times hard, and on some asphalt a few times too. And even though it looked a little worn for the action after, it held up perfectly. And I really gave this a once over for sure. Much more than one would usually encounter in a true crisis situation. And you could really hurt someone with this if you really wanted too. You don't have to aim for someones head. Bang the hand, a shoulder, or across someone's chest or back and you will incapacitate them temporarily for sure.

As for it being something to carry on ones key chain, I have to say that would be out for most folks. Even though its short enough, its just too heavy and it wouldn't be either comfortable, or something good for your ignition either. I would suggest this for a ladies purse, in a coat pocket, or in an attache case maybe. A nice quality made, nicely designed monkey fist that offers good protection for little money that anyone can learn to use, and, takes up little space...: ) Recommended.. : )

Kirkland Signature Stool Softener Docusate Sodium 100 Mg, (400 Softgels) in One Bottle
Offered by America Anywhere
Price: $10.69
22 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Beat It...Buy It, July 5, 2014
I have used stool softeners on and off for years now... (Keep that quiet if you don't mind). They always do the trick when life gets "hard", and I have never seen any kind sold anywhere that doesn't contain the same active ingredient. In the past when in a hurry, I have paid the same price for 50 softgels as they are asking for this big bottle of 400.. It's a steal, and they work just as good as any name brand rip off. If you normally, (or even abnormally) use these regularly, or on occasion, I highly recommend them. Can't beat the price of effectiveness, trust me... : )

TERRO 19 oz. Wasp and Hornet Killer Spray T3300
TERRO 19 oz. Wasp and Hornet Killer Spray T3300
Price: $4.99
13 used & new from $4.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Effectively Killed Large Yellow Jacket Nest...Use Late At Night, Or Before Dawn.., July 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took me a while to really be able to test this spray. For right off the top I feel I must tell everyone, this is not a conventional flying insect killer. It does not come out as a fine mist, and it is not designed for just clearing an area of hornets horning in on your BBQ, nor for any kind of indoor use. It shoots a powerful jet stream of thick white foam at least a good 15 feet, and easily more. And it really is designed to be a nest killer. The powerful stream keeping you from having to get too close to any nest, and perhaps taking one down that is up in a tree from a short ladder, or maybe just from the ground. That being said, this stuff worked pretty well for me. I had to first locate a nest, and that took a while. I was finally successful when way in my back yard I found an old window box that had been taken over by a large nest of yellow jackets. They were actively meandering around the nest when I discovered it, so I waited till very late at night before I soaked it. The foam comes out thick and white, but quickly liquidates and penetrates. I used about half the can, and then checked it the next morning. Although a few bees still seemed to be hanging around, they neither went in nor even got at all close to the nest. It otherwise seemed very dead. I felt comfortable enough to take the nest apart and found a few living larvae inside, but nothing as to adults. They were all either dead, or dying. I sprayed again what was left and then threw it out...

The effectiveness of this seems somewhat mixed here as to some of the other reviews. But all I can tell you is that it was effective for me in destroying a large active nest, and they have not returned. It's very easy to use, and as noted, I only used half of a can on a nest that was buried in an old window box. It could very well be that this foam is more effective for some species of bees than others. And it could also be that some people are not using it at the best time. Just remember whenever you have a real active nest to take out, hit it with the poison either very late at night, or very early in the morning before sunrise. That's the only time that all the bees with be in the nest, and the only time you can be pretty sure to get them all. I did just that and this foam worked very well. It also comes at an excellent price here on Amazon, and I recommend it.. : )

Ace Elbow Strap with Adjustable Custom Dial System
Ace Elbow Strap with Adjustable Custom Dial System
Price: $26.70
7 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily Put On And Adjustable Per The Dial System...A Little Narrow However.., July 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tennis elbow is not really a problem just with the elbow, but the forearm as well. It's a stiffness and pain that radiates just in front of the elbow and down towards the wrist. (And occasionally in the upper arm). Personally I don't play tennis, but I have experienced the same pain in some weightlifting I have done in the past. This support strap wraps around the forearm in order to give some pressure and support to the area affected. On most straps of this kind, you wrap it tighter as needed for the pressure you desire. This one comes with a cool little dial that you turn to apply the pressure as desired. And it really does work. Due to a clip in the strap that holds it together, it slips over your arm quite easily, and readily can be attached with the Velcro without any real effort. Then you can adjust the pressure as needed with the dial that either presses down or releases a small paddle underneath that is attached to the dial by wires. It works very easily, and very well. And if you overdue the pressure the dial easily can be turned in reverse to loosen it...

I found this strap to be quite comfortable on, with no part of the irritating velcro coming in contact with my arm. And though I have not actually tried it with a sore forearm, I have used a few of these devices in the past and always found them to be of very good use in supporting the area and aiding in healing. The only couple of things about this strap that I didn't like is that its rather narrow. The thinness of it allows for it to cut into your forearm a little irritatingly when applying some real pressure. Personally I would prefer something that is at least a half inch wider. Also, even though the dial system on this really is not a gimmick, I still think its a little expensive for what it is. I guess it all depends on how much trouble you have with one of these getting them on and getting the preferred pressure applied. If you often suffer from tennis elbow, (or muscle strain, arthritis pain, etc), and have problems putting other straps on and adjusting them, this baby may be perfect for you... : )

Dasani DROPS, Pink Lemonade, 1.9 Fl Oz
Dasani DROPS, Pink Lemonade, 1.9 Fl Oz
Price: $3.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Convenient. But Artificial Tasting., July 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was really anxious to try this stuff... Some time ago I gave up drinking so much soda and have been keeping old time ice water in the fridge a lot more often. Water is the best for you, but lets face it, it's also very boring and you need a change on occasion. These Dasani Drops are really easy to use with anything from a single glass to a big jug of water. It mixes in an instant and the price is certainly cheap enough. I particularly like the fact that you can just pick it up and add it any time you feel like it, without making a whole bottle at once... That being said, this stuff really doesn't taste bad, but it doesn't taste much like lemonade either. And what flavor there is has a very noticeable artificial flavor to it. Once again, not really a bad taste when you are in the mood for something stronger then water. But at the same time you will not be able to add some ice and a straw and convince anyone that you went through all the trouble for the best either. Also, one thing I noted was that although they call this drops, I couldn't get it to come out as anything but a squirt no matter how careful I was. Not really a big deal, but this stuff is very concentrated. You have to be careful to just add a one second burst to a glass of water, or the artificial syrupy taste will be overwhelming.

In conclusion, a good thing to have around for its convenience and price, but still nothing like home made, nor a good quality powder either.. : )

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20