Profile for John Thomas... > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 88

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Thomas... "New England...USA" RSS Feed (New England.....USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lenovo C260 19.5-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (57327041) Black
Lenovo C260 19.5-Inch All-in-One Touchscreen Desktop (57327041) Black
Price: $479.99
29 used & new from $479.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Decent Compact System...But I'm Replacing 8.1.., October 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit this is a big step in computers in one sense. It's really a neat system to go just about anywhere with it being so compact. And it is accomplished with little in the way of bulk. This system is not that thick, nor heavy. And I also like the size of the screen a lot. Although I work from home on my computer, I am not one to just buy something new when something old still does the job nicely. I still do all my work on a 5 year old 15" lap top...This 19" even though nothing special by today's standards is still something to me The screen is very bright and clear and the colors are great. Personally I really like the sound on it. For such a compact system, it really sounds good and has some real power to it. Setting it up was pretty easy, as it is with most computers these days. And although I was disappointed in the mouse and keyboard being wired, that was quickly taken care of by replacing both with wireless units...I am really just glad that it arrived with any mouse at all for I was afraid this would be a touch screen only system that would eliminate it with me... As far as its speed that seems to be cut down the middle in the reviews, once again it seems more than satisfactory to me. I have excellent internet here and even my old lap top has some decent speed to it... All in all I find this a really nice piece that is very compact, and comes with some pretty good specs for the money...

The only real thing I don't like about this has nothing to do with the computer. I hate 8.0, and its evil offspring, 8.1. They are both horrible systems that I won't have anything to do with. (Don't take my word, go read the reviews on here of them both). This machine has done nothing to quell that feeling, and I am fortunate that I have a good friend that can easily install 7.0 over it. Nothing about touch screen technology in a computer interests me at all, and I never will see the sense in it. Windows 8.0 is the salt in an already open wound that is just made worse by the touch screen system. I have taken a star off of this machine not because of 8.0, but because if you are willing to spend his much money in a lap top, I think you can do better with a more well known brand, even a regular desktop. Decent specs and performance on this aside, you are still paying a premium for the all in one compact convenience that some will love, and others won't care about. Recommended for those with limited space that still like a desktop model, and either don't mind 8.0, or can easily have it removed... : )

Ispeed Microfiber Ultra-compact Ultra Absorbent Quick-drying Towel
Ispeed Microfiber Ultra-compact Ultra Absorbent Quick-drying Towel
Offered by Outlet Warehouse
Price: $6.99 - $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...This Really Works. And It Even Looks Real Nice..., October 17, 2014
This towel is really quite amazing. Its something that should be well advertised for its super absorption and quick drying ability. For if you just picked it up and felt it you would probably never believe it is a good towel of any kind. It has this slick, satin like look and feel to it that doesn't exactly inspire absorption like a nice thick cotton one. But that doubt certainly is dashed quickly when you start using it. I'm not really big into exercise, and I use this in my kitchen. It not only very quickly sops up lots of water or any other kind of liquid quick and easy, but just keeps going after it feels very wet. Nothing really rolls off or gets past it. And, yes it is very quick drying and ready to use in half the time a regular towel is. Finally, its even handsome enough with its semi gloss look to pass as fancy decorative towels. There really isn't any place that these wouldn't work. Kitchen, gym, along on a walk on a hot day, bathroom, you name it. Anyplace where you have a lot of water that can gather and you don't want to keep 3 or 4 towels where this can do it all... Highly recommended... : )

Free sample provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review..

C2G / Cables to Go 03130 18 AWG Universal Power Cord for NEMA 5-15P to IEC320C13, Black (6 Feet/1.82 Meters)
Price: Click here to see our price
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal And Price...Works Perfectly..., October 17, 2014
I recently had to use my old monitor power cord for another computer elsewhere and needed a new one. Being that I wanted it that day I did something rare and attempted to buy it locally. I took a trip to the local Radio Shack where he cheapest 6 footer they had cost $14. So I tried Walmart, and they were a little better at $12. Then I figured I would stop wasting gas and check online and found this for the perfect price of just over $5. And it being offered on Amazon prime with free shipping and came within 3 days. It fits perfectly with a great picture and there is no overheating or any other problems. Awesome deal as to the price and convenience as far as I am concerned. Highly recommended...

Crazy Tackz  The Tack with a Round Clear Utility Hook
Crazy Tackz The Tack with a Round Clear Utility Hook
Price: $4.66
4 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really User Frieindly...Not Made For Anything Heavy, October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Push pins and screw in hooks have always been a staple in every home, and office. As easy and convenient as they are, they have remained unchanged for decades. Just what you need many times over, but never very easy on the fingers. These new space age hooks are much improved over the old style with the nylon backing that makes it much easier to push the pin in, and, keep it from caving in or falling out. At least for a while anyway. My experiments with these shows me that even though they look much nicer than regular old hooks or push pins, they don't really stay in and get any better secured in the wall than their prototypes. Unless you are using the lightest of weight with them they will eventually slip and loosen up just like any other hook similar to it. Especially with dry wall, which is not surprising. Time and technology has still not seen anything decent come along that can be secured to drywall. One thing I will say for them is they seem to secure just about as well as the old time screw type hooks. Those can be a real pain to get going, and my experience with them is that they loosen up just as fast as these do. Just remember not to trust anything too heavy unless its not handled much that can loosen it. In solid walls I believe these are a far better choice than either old style push pins, or regular screw in hooks. I really like the size and quality of them and the nylon back is a real plus... Recommended..

Hanes Men's 10 Pack Crew Socks, White, 10-13 (Shoe Size 6-12)
Hanes Men's 10 Pack Crew Socks, White, 10-13 (Shoe Size 6-12)
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Thin, But Reinforced Where They Have To Be..Great Price, October 15, 2014
These sucks are definitely a little on the thin side. Everywhere except the toes and heels that is. But even there I have seen heavier socks, but not for this price.. You just can't beat it, especially when bought with Prime and free shipping. Though thin for a 10 pack they are a steal. Hopefully they will hold up enough to make it worth it. I will update this review should they fall apart too soon...

WAYCOM® LED Flashing Light Mini Bluetooth Speaker/Versatile Rechargeable Rugged High Power Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with Built-in Battery and built in Microphone, FM Radio,Voice Navigation, LED Colorful Lights Flashing (Black)
Offered by WAYCOM
Price: $35.99
2 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Nice Sounding Speaker, With Built In FM Radio.., October 15, 2014
This little gem is a little on the heavy side price wise as far as small blue tooth speakers go, but in my opinion it is worth the extra cost. It's a satisfyingly heavy, very well made speaker that really delivers what it promises. Very clear highs and a bass that is the best I have heard yet out of one of these devices. I had it configured in minutes and up and running. I like the fact that it has an FM radio built in which none of the other of these speakers I have tried have. Once in a while I just like to tune into the local sports station, or hear the news. It's just a switch away on this baby. Of course it has all the features of most other speakers like this in that you can answer calls and talk hands free, smart voice prompt, etc. I also like the fact that it can be positioned either horizontally or vertical, depending on your favor. As for the light show, I found it mostly distracting since I use it while I am working here from home. But it's not all that bright and can be adjusted, or defeated all together. I am sure that many would find it extremely cool and enjoy seeing the lights dance off walls and such in a dark room.

In conclusion, this speaker is certainly one of the best of these I have evaluated as of late. Its very solid, loud enough to satisfy anyone, and has an excellent sound. Definitely a cut above your average device of these kind. The controls on it are easy to get to and use no matter how you place it, and it has all the convenience you could ask for included.. The price is a little on the top side, but I still recommend it for its sound, looks, and quality.. : )

Sample unit was offered to me in return for a fair and honest review...

100% Organic Vanilla Bean Powder, 4.23 Oz - Raw Ground Vanilla Bean - Unsweetened, Gluten-Free - EXTREMELY FRESH - Ground Moments Before Packaging!
Offered by Sunny Day Organics
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fresh Taste, A Little Goes A Long Way, But Doesn't Dissolve Well..., October 13, 2014
This organic vanilla powder smells pretty much like vanilla extract, except not as strong. Also, like vanilla extract, it doesn't taste that good at all sprinkling it on your tongue.. Where the men really get separated by the boys is in the taste when used. The freshness of it really comes front and center then, especially in the coffee I have tried it in. It really does remind me of the great rip off vanilla blends that you can buy in those fancy coffee shops. Despite the cost of this which is pretty heavy, I really think you would still come out ahead buying a regular blend of coffee at your market and adding this too it. The reason I say that is you need so very little of this in your brew to really make a difference. I mean just a smidgen of this does the trick of turning a regular cup of coffee into a nice flavorful vanilla java...I am really enjoying it in my coffee. As far as baking with it, I haven't tried that yet. But I have to say that baking with it would get pretty expensive, but just may be worth it with the strong, fresh flavor that it has. I'm not much of a baker, so I would suggest reading some of the other reviews, or trying it yourself... I think you will definitely taste the difference with this, just not sure of the cost of it would make it THAT much better...

In conclusion, the only thing I can say I don't like about this, (besides the price), is that it does not dissolve that easily at all in coffee. Not even in really hot coffee. Fortunately you don't have to use much of this in your cup so some vigorous stirring usually does the trick, But trust me, it still takes a lot more stirring than you are probably used too. For the flavor I get out of it, its a small defect that doesn't deserve my taking a star off the rating for. But still worth mentioning. All in all a really great, extra fresh tasting coffee additive that really spikes a good cup of coffee..: )

Sample pouch provided to me in exchange for a fair review...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2014 11:54 PM PDT

Premium Blood Pressure Support Supplement w/ European Standardized 1.8% Hawthorn Berry Extract, Forslean®, Taurine, Hops Strobiles And Magnesium - 100% Natural - Comprehensive Herbal Formula To Support Healthy Blood Pressure - 90 Tabs - Vegetarian Formula (90)
Offered by CulTao
Price: $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective Combo That You May Be Able To Get By On Less Of..., October 11, 2014
I've been on a regimen of naturals supplements for my HB for years now. I just got sick of my doctor and the insurance companies and all their money making BS. It took a while with a lot of trial and error to get a good formula going, but I have done it. In addition to Carditone that is available here on Amazon, I also take a supplement like this that has other herbs and such that have been proven to help in lowering blood pressure. I have been on this one now for about a week and feel it is working very well. The two sure fire ingredients in this are the hawthorn extract and the foreslean...Both are potent BP lowering herbs that some people take one or the other alone for natural control of their BP. Mine is pretty high and needs the extra addition that this carries. It's one of the best combos of ingredients that I have come across for the price, and it has been very effective for me. The only two things I would suggest is to start on the dose of 3 capsules as they suggest, and monitor your BP carefully. There is a good chance that if you are just borderline high, or just above the high BP threshold that you will not need the full dose. I also suggest that you add garlic to your regimen. It's missing from this formula, but has proven to be a good addition in my regimen. All in all this is a very effective supplement that comes at a fair price that I can recommend...: )

Free sample was provided to me for review...

Ivation Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Intelligent Dehumidifier w/Auto Humidistat - Quietly Gathers Up to 25 oz. of Water per Day - Great for Bath, Laundry and Bed Room, Basement, Attic, Stored Boat, RV, Antique Car etc. - For Spaces Up to 2,200 Cubic Feet
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $99.99
5 used & new from $92.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, But Does A Nice Job For An Average Muggy Day..., October 7, 2014
I received this dehumidifier free in exchange for a fair review. My first thoughts on receiving it was that it was rather small for what it claims it can handle, and it turned out I was right. It really all depends on what kind of humidity level we are talking about for the most part, but for your average summer day here in RI where the dew point can sometimes be awful, this will struggle to satisfy you. Even in an area smaller than what it claims, a really hot day will overtax it in no time. But as far as your average warm summer day that is just nominally humid, this does a very nice job and is a pleasure to have around... Thanks to an indian summer we have had in RI, I have the opportunity to try this out on some very typical left over summer weather here. It runs very silently, and is very easy to set up and maintain. The removable basin is a big plus, but one that is also present in all dehumidifiers these days. The one thing I don't like about this unit is the controls on the back. I would like to be able to just eye ball it across the room or passing by without having to move it. As for its accuracy as to the exact humidity level, I really don't care about that as long as I feel it much cooler in the room. I am NOT a summer lover and hate the heat. But I can't always afford to run an AC unit all summer. So on days that aren't oppressive this very nicely does the job of taking the edge off.

In conclusion, this dehumidifier is a little heavy in the price in my opinion, but does a nice job and is very portable. I really could feel the difference in using it and was saving money the whole time. Just as long as one remembers that sometimes the humidity is just out of site and those are the time to run an AC unit, or in conjunction with this as well. It does a good job on your average warm humid day. As for its capacity and how much water it removes as opposed to what it claims, I don't really care about that either. The unit is very quiet, saves money, easy to empty, and according the many of the reviews here seems to be quality built and durable. As far as I an concerned, I feel its a good thing to have around, and a fine alternative to the cost of an AC... Recommended.. : )

Luxury Aluminum Case Wireless Stick Anywhere Battery Powered Motion Sensor Lights/ Wall Sconce/ Spot Lights/ Hallway Night Light
Offered by Myfashion Era
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bright Light...A Good Design, October 4, 2014
Motion lights like this are pretty popular now, and for the most part a whole lot better than the the ones that were first out years back. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, and most at a fair price as well. This one here that is a sconce style I really like. It takes 4 AA batteries, (not included), but it really does cover some area with its brightness. So many of these lights are small, and can be concentrated in one area by moving it up and down, etc. They also seem to come in a strip design a lot too which in my opinion is good if you really have a place in mind that needs a concentrated light. What I like about this one is how big the light area is and how it tends to just spread out and really illuminate a larger area. It also has an extra 3 LED light that are on the bottom of the unit that can direct some light downward, (or upward if you so desire), for use on a staircase, or anyplace you would want to see where you are walking. Nice idea..) As for its features, it's pretty much the same thing as most of them. And on an off switch, and an auto which it will be on most of the time, and it shuts itself off if it detects no movement in about 15 seconds. I like the brightness of it a lot, and it comes at a very fair price. The only thing I don't like about is an old story, the battery cover. It's a slide type that can be tricky and aggravating. But at least it doesn't appear that it will break easily like so many others...

Altogether this is one of the best motion lights I have owned. It takes extra batteries, but its worth it for its brightness. Some of these detectors just stop working after an unreasonable amount of time. It's too early to tell with this one, but if it does fail in what I consider too short a time, I will be back to update this review. As for now, its 5 stars.. Well done.. : )

Free unit provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20