Profile for John Thomas... > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 115

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Thomas... "New England...USA" RSS Feed (New England.....USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cuisinart CSG-601 Professional Meat Thermometer
Cuisinart CSG-601 Professional Meat Thermometer
Price: $14.17
5 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, No Nonsense Accurate Thermometer At A Fair Price., June 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very simple no nonsense thermometer that I really like. Although I believe its really made for BBQs and outdoor cooking, it can be used on roasts and other oven meals as long as you remove them first and then insert it. It is not designed to stay in the oven with the meal. As for its use on BBQ meat, its as simple as it gets. You just stick it in and in about 10 to 15 seconds it reaches its top level. The length of it is perfect without it being over long and hard to store, and it comes with a plastic sleeve to protect it and you from its point when not in use. The face on it is very clear and easy to read. I found it to be fast and accurate on both chicken and pork, and a burger that I checked along the way as it was cooking proved the rare, medium, etc, settings to be very accurate as well. I also own a digital thermometer as well and like this simple one a lot better. In addition to the digital one needing batteries, it also has to be set each time to what you are taking a measurement on. For example if you are measuring a piece of chicken you have to first set the digital one to chicken, then insert it. (Most of them have that extra step built in unfortunately). This one takes no batteries and there is nothing to select. Just stick it in and read it. Personally I like it, the price on it is very reasonable, and its a cinch to clean up...I recommend it.. : )

The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
Price: $30.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Food That Took A While, But Is Now Much Enjoyed.., May 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my second time around trying a flavor of this cat food. The other one, the chicken was a big success here. But this time around the fish blend took a little time to get used to. I tried it out on 3 cats, my own, and two neighborhood ones that routinely come by here for handouts. My own cat took to it right away, but both the free loaders sniffed it and looked up to me for their old favorite. It wasn't coming, and after a couple of days of hemming and hawing, they dug in. It's been popular ever since. Knowing how finicky cats can be, I am sure that there are a select few that will totally reject this, especially if they are used to the common brands of 9-Lives or Friskies...But most in my experience with two flavors now tried have well come around to it and enjoyed it with much enthusiasm. This was no exception. This stuff may be more expensive, but the quality is definitely there. If you can get your cat to go for it, it makes for a much more nutritious feed for them, even if its just occasionally. About the only thing that I don't care for with these things is the serving size, and cup. There is actually very little food in each one, and though the directions on it imply that you can just peel back the cover and serve, the cups are very poor for feeding. The cats have to dig the food out and the light container just slides all over the floor. Its much better to empty it into a dish and serve it that way. Altogether this is a very high quality food that may take some getting used to by some kitty's, but overall I feel will become a favorite...Recommended.. : )

ONLY® Smart Cloth - Premium Microfiber, 5'' x 7'' (13 x 18cm) for iPad and Touch Screen Cleaning - cleaning face oil, fingerprints, and Dirt from smartphones, eyeglasses,tablets, cameras, hand held video games, sunglasses, electronics - Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, LG, Droid, Sony, HTC, etc. (5'' x 7'', White&Green Leaves + Orange Moire)
Price: $9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Towels, Well Worth The Price..., May 29, 2015
These are really super cloths that take care of smudges, dust and dirt with ease. They really are so much better than ordinary cloths or paper towels, and they don't scratch...Until these came along I never used anything before that worked so well without some kind of cleaner. I use them on my glasses, cell phone, and even for smudges on windows and glassware. Excellent and highly recommended...

ONLY® Microfiber Cleaning Cloth - For Cleaning Glasses, Spectacles, Camera Lenses, iPad, Tablets, Phones, iPhone, Android Phones, Silverware, LCD Screens and Other Delicate Surfaces, 11.8'' x 11.8'' (30x30cm) (Rounded Edge - Random 2PCS)
Price: $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Towels That Really Get Smudges And Dirt Out Without A Cleaner..., May 29, 2015
These cloths are super! ( I have two). I have reading glasses that have all glass lenses and I can be fanatical at times about keeping them clean. Before these came along I was using those little alcohol towelettes that work great, but dry up very quickly and are expensive. These towels are have a real different feel to them, and the fabric really rubs hard against any glass or stainless steel surface and really gets the smudges out. Regular towels and paper towels tend to spread out a smudge as much as it picks up, requiring a lot of pressure and frustration. The fabric that make up these towels really grab the surface and can rub out a stubborn smudge or spot with very little effort. I not only use these on my glasses, but on the chimneys of my hurricane lamps, glassware, stainless steel surfaces, and even windows in the house or doors that have smudges. It has a multitude of uses, including cell phone surfaces, or anything else made of steel, glass, and even plastic. Even small spots that are made up of dirt gets rubbed out with these without using any cleaner. And they stay clean for a very long time and are washable..All around a really great cloth that work fabulously, and that I highly recommend... : )

ONLY® Survival Pocket Chain Saw With Pouch, Commando Wire Saw Bulk, ideal for Survival Kits
Price: $19.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Budget Chain Saw That Works, But Straps On Each End Are Better..., May 29, 2015
Portable chain saws like this have had me sold over small camping saws for some time now. I still carry both into the wilderness with me on my hikes, but I prefer using one of these whenever I can. They are more versatile than hands saws, and cut faster as well once you get them going. This ONLY saw gets the job done, and it carries all the advantages of a chainsaw, but its a little on the cheaper side than most. Especially with the rings at each end instead of a strap like so many others like it. The rings only allow one finger inside to do your cutting with and it can become very tiresome in a short time. Most other models like this have a strap attached allowing a much better and less tiresome grip. I altered this by putting my own straps on it and it works better. All in all this saw is about as cheap as they come for something like this that actually works. It's compact, comes in its own little carrying pouch, and something that I recommend for hikes and camping trips...

Silicone Kitchen Utensil Set of 6. Sturdy, Hygienic, and Non-stick Silicone Bakeware & Cookware. Includes a Complimentary Paleo Cookbook! Tongs, Whisk, Spatula, Turner, Spaghetti
Offered by The Modern Chef
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Quality Utensils That Will Stay Looking New For Years..., May 29, 2015
I'm not a newbie to silicone in the kitchen. Its been quite some time since I started using a silicone oven mitt, and one of those covers with the holes and handles that you put over frying pans and such. I love them both and can't imagine going back to metal or glass covers for pans or regular oven mitts that burn. So when the offer of these silicone utensils came along I was quite excited about trying them. The color of them put me off a little at first, but I have come to appreciate how they stick out and are easy to spot. As for their use, once again silicone has proven to me to be the way to go. They don't burn, are easy to clean, and much more sanitary than wooden utensils. They ladle and spoon are a tad on the small side for me, but you get used to it very quickly. The tongs are by far the best I have ever used, and the silicone handles and tips are a real plus...In my experience there is nothing that gets more filthy than spatulas and tongs in regular use. Food drippings and sauces just have a way of making their way up the shaft of tongs and this set covers that nicely with silicone on each end, and a locking device on the handle secures then closed for easy storage. The whisk and the spaghetti server are both a nice size, and work just fine...If there is anything I would criticize about this set it is be that this set doesn't include a spoon with the holes in it. I find myself using one of those often with casseroles and such, and the spaghetti server is a little small and narrow to substitute as one. (And I would rather have one more than a spaghetti server). But all in all this is a really nice quality set of utensils that should last many years without looking dingy and burnt. The price is very reasonable and I highly recommend them..

Sample set provided in exchange for a fair and honest review...

Bracelet, Infinity® Paracord Survival Bracelet with Adjustable Stainless Steel D Shackle - Suitable for 7"-8" Wrists - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & LIFETIME WARRANTY(Green)
Offered by Infinity1212
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Measurements Off In Description...Not 9", And Doesn't Fit Up To An 8" Wrist At All..., May 28, 2015
These bracelets are well made and durable looking enough, but there is no way they fit a wrist up to 8"...My wrist is exactly 7 1/2 and I cannot get this on, even at the farthest hole...If I have someone help me, I can get it in the last hole, but its so tight I can't move it at all and uncomfortable. And it is not 9" long overall as advertised, but barely 8 1/2. If I had the other half inch I could probably get this in the last hole on my own. But as it is its a no go. I have some kids around here that they will fit so I will be keeping them, but a heads up to anyone that has a wrist bigger than 7". That's about the limit this thing can go, and that's in the last hole. Cheap enough and well made, but it doesn't live up to the numbers advertised at all...Way too small..

Cooligg CL-200 Ear Hook Bluetooth Sport Headset Sweatproof Skidproof Noise Cancellation Stereo Earphone Headphone Handsfree Earbud Earpiece Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 for Cell Phone iPhone 6 Plus 6 5s 5c 4s 4, iPad 2 3 4, iPod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices (Black and Red)
Offered by Cooligg NJ Store
Price: $23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Lightweight Ear Buds That Sound Excellent..., May 27, 2015
These Cooligg ear buds more than fit the bill for the price...They are very light weight, come with a number of customizations, and the sound is very loud and clear...I actually tried them out in my noisy truck with the window open and they more than made up for all the wind noise. I also tried them at home just relaxing and when cooking dinner and they sounded even better. Very clear highs and a respectable bass. Personally I prefer ear buds without the over the ear loop and fortunately these are removable. They pair effortlessly, and the loop is there if I need it for rougher things like mowing the lawn. They are also sweat proof that in summer time around these parts means a lot. For the price these are one of the best pair of ear buds I have experienced. You can do better of course, but not for the money..Highly recommended.. : )

Free set provided in exchange for a fair review..

OUTAD 2 in 1 Outdoor Wireless Bluetooth Speaker and LED Lamp with Built-In Mic, Adjustable Light and Broadcom 3.0
Offered by Bsyexcellent
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged Fine Sounding Speaker And Lantern..., May 25, 2015
This is a great little speaker that really packs a wallop..I charged this up and had it up and running for a BBQ on Memorial day weekend. It not only sounded great and performed perfectly, but when it got dark the lantern feature was a great touch to the sundown atmosphere...( I did not have to charge it in between either. It did run down by evenings end, but only after about 6 hours of music and lantern use.) Pairing this with my computer was a cinch, and it was really cool to have a radio going in the background of the BBQ playing my favorite music...The controls on it are very straight forward and easy to use. The speaker folds down into a very compact unit for carrying along or storing, and it has a fold up handle on top that is a nice touch when it is in the lantern mode. The light on it is not just something added to be cool. It really is bright and has two settings on it. It made a great night light for the BBQ here. As for the sound, I feel the volume on it is enough to satisfy anyone. You could easily set this up in a large room, deck outside, garage, etc, and have it easily fill the area with music. The clarity on it is excellent, the highs very clear, and the bass is enough to really rock the thing on high volumes.

In my opinion this is acceptable as a carry along for a camping trip, but it wouldn't be my first, or only choice. It's compact enough, and the lantern is a nice feature for a camp site, but it does not have an FM radio built in. The kind of hikes I have taken in the past I like to have something along that gets a radio signal for any news and weather bulletins.. But as something for an outdoor event like a party, BBQ, beach bash whatever, its a fine item indeed. It may cost a little more than some bluetooth speakers, but the quality and sound is there. This really does feel like something that will take a beating of being knocked about and keep on going. Personally I am very satisfied with it and very much recommend it.. : )

[PROMOTION!] JEBSENS - T10 Super Bright Smart Portable & Rechargeable Magnetic 4-Level Brightness LED Lantern / Lamp, Perfect for Camping / Hiking / Tent / Fishing/ Emergency / Car Cargo Room / Garage (Micro USB Charging) - Black, with SOS Flashing Mode!
Offered by JebsensDirect
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright, Great Magnet...Power Button Too Small, But Manageable.., May 23, 2015
I received this light just recently and am really enjoying it. It arrived already charged, but I decided to bring it to full strength by charging it by the directions. It plugs into any USB port and a red light blinks until it is fully charged. (Around 4 hrs). As for its brightness, it has 4 levels and a flash mode. (All these things have flash modes that are mostly just a pain). I have to say that the intensity levels on this thing are really something. The first and second are bright enough to lead the way under most any conditions, while the third setting is even better, and the fourth blinding. Since its bar shaped and flat on each end its excellent for lighting up a room when you need it. And this thing is capable of really putting out some light, even in a pretty good sized room. The run time on this varies depending on what level you choose. And the difference is quite big. From about 70 hrs on the lowest level to about 5 on the highest. Trust me, if you were ever in a situation where you needed this continuously, the lowest or medium setting would easily be enough. This cylinder is a nice brushed stainless on one side and the center of it is a strong magnet. I mean a very strong one. I wish all the things that I have owned that had magnets on them were as strong as this baby. A nice addition for both storing it somewhere, like on the refrigerator, or just sticking it on something metal when in use. Really nice..

As for any liabilities on it, I kinda wish this had a battery backup, but it doesn't. But one nice thing about is that the light fades on it very slowly when getting weak. It gives you plenty of time to get it charged again. Also, this does not make a good flashlight. It has such a wide dispersal on it that you can't really focus on anything. It's really designed for room filling light, or illuminating an entire campsite, more than anything concentrated. About the only thing I really don't like about this is its on and off switch. I'm not a fan of all the down sizing that goes on with things like this these days, and that includes the power button that is very small, and recessed. If you have any kind of big fingers at all you will find it aggravating being so small, and recessed. I'm getting more used to it but still don't like it. A real miss in my opinion on something that is otherwise very well designed. But all in all I really like this light and its brightness and magnet. It has a real quality feel to it and comes at a fair price...Recommended. : )

A free sample was provided in exchange for an honest review...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20