Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Learn more
Profile for John Thomas... > Reviews

Browse

John Thomas...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1464
Top Reviewer Ranking: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Thomas... "New England...USA" RSS Feed (New England.....USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GkGk® LED Night Light with Dual USB Wall Plate Charger,Sensor Nightlight with Dusk to Dawn Sensor Function in the Dark Good for a Hallway,Bathroom,Living Room,Kitchen etc. (0.3 Watts)
Offered by GkGk-Tech
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Versatile, And Great Having An AC And USB Outlets Built In..., August 30, 2015
This light is definitely a step above your average nightlight. It's very bright and the automatic sensor works perfectly. Most nightlights are good for keeping you from walking into a wall, but not really bright enough to keep you from stubbing your toe. This is well bright enough to double as a light in the middle of the night in a bathroom, pantry, etc...Personally, I like the AC outlet on it the best. Even though it also has USB receptors on it, my shaver, trimmer, and other bathroom accessories all need a regular old time outlet to recharge, and this allows you to get the job done without having to remove it. (That's a biggie for me. I hate pulling anything out of a socket to temporarily plug in something else). Although I have no real use for the USB connectors on it where it is in the small hallway bathroom, its nice to know they are there for those with phones and accessories that will benefit from it. (Come to think of it, there is a small rechargeable fan in the room that I can recharge with this still plugged in. Cool).

The only con I have noticed about this thing is not really a con, but an observation on it. If you use this as a hall way light, or in the middle of some room, the USB outlets won't be that much good to you since whatever device you are charging will just dangle there on the wall. The USB outlets are best served if you decide to put this in a room with a sink, counter, etc. But the good news is that the AC outlet will still be of fine use anywhere you decide to mount this thing. Very nice to have this lighting an entrance or hall and still have your outlet available. For this reason I am going with 5 stars on this baby, for its brightness, quality, and versatility..Much recommended..

Free unit supplied in exchange for an honest review...

KPTEC Multifunctional Intelligent LED Moving Emergency Lamp Camping Light with Built-in 2200mAh Lithium Battery,Stepless Fingerprint Touch Night Lights for Indoors and Outdoors -White
Offered by VIKER
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright And Versatile, With Touch Controls That Work Perfectly. But Controls Not Illuminated, And Hard To Find When Lit.., August 30, 2015
I received this light free in exchange for a fair review, and here it is: Rechargeable lights have come a long ways from the days of batteries that lasted just a couple of hours at best. The old ones used to have generally one intensity that wasn't adjustable, and they really were good for just emergencies. This KPTEC light is as modern as they come as to features, intensity, and adaptability. Its an attractive unit that even looks cool just sitting there...This one of those lights that operates by touch, no real on an off switch to slide, nor are there any tiny wheels of any kind. The touch system works very well by lightly tapping or running your finger over the on and off switch, and the intensity can be adjusted by either tapping the lightly repeatedly the up or down button, or just resting your finger on it. It has a minimum dim beam that it bottoms out with, and the high end is very bright indeed. Enough to fill a small room with light. There is also a charging light on the other side of the controls that is red when charging, and turns blue when full. A small USB charging cable is supplied, and kudos to the company for making it one that has a quality feel to it. Some lights and other rechargeables have arrived with some pretty cheap cables. This one feels like something you would pay extra for...

Now for a few cons I came across...Although this light has a built in retractable handle at the bottom for carrying around, it really doesn't make that good a lantern, or flashlight. The globe on it is on the bottom when carrying it and it tends to light where you are better than where you are going. It's far better than nothing, but would not be my first choice for a night time trip to the shed...On the other hand the built in handle/hanger is excellent for hanging on a hook, or some other place outside on a deck, pool side, etc. It makes a nice overhead lamp in that respect. In my opinion the biggest miss on this light for me is the fact that the touch controls aren't illuminated. They are in the dark when the light is on and you either have to feel your way around the base to find them, or pick it up since the light is right in your face. Whether its hanging or upright on a table makes no difference. I find it quite aggravating when you are ready to adjust its brightness, or turn it off. You just can't see them with the light coming straight up from it, or hanging in your face. It would be so much better if they had illuminated the controls like the charging light indicator is when charging. Just a little back light on them like the one built in to the charger would be all one needs to see them when its on. But they didn't, and it bothers me enough that I am taking one star off for that. But overall this is a very nice light that is well built and even attractive. The charging time is about 5 hours, and the running time is between 5 hours at its highest to a wide range 100 hrs at its dimmest. All together cool light that would come in handy for many a situations that comes at a fair price...Recommended..

HOSL Cotton Linen Square Decorative Throw Pillow Case Cushion Cover Owls with Birdcage 18 "X18 "
Offered by HappyELife
Price: $5.64
39 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good And Cheap As It Gets...Excellent..., August 29, 2015
This is as good a deal as it gets for a pillow cover. It's quality material, a small beaded type feel as opposed to a soft surface. Most of the other pillow covers I have are of the same type of a little rougher material, and they are all more expensive than this one. This simply is the same size, and quality as others I have paid and reviewed that cost more money. The zipper is small and not intrusive. The fabric of a high quality, and above all, the price is as reasonable as you're going to get. And I even like the design. Very much recommended...

Corel PaintShop Pro X8
Corel PaintShop Pro X8
Price: $76.34
24 used & new from $67.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Features, Great Layout...Very User Friendly For A Novice Like Myself..., August 29, 2015
This review is from: Corel PaintShop Pro X8 (CD-ROM)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have to admit that I am a bit overwhelmed with this software suite...Not by its installation which was much easier than I thought it would be, nor even by its at first ominous looking task bar which seems to be able to do just about anything. I am simply overwhelmed by its features and what it can do. I'm not someone that is graduating from some other former PaintShop or any other photo editing program. Even though I am a photographer by hobby and have used software in the past, before this came along its been restricted to whatever came with my windows program, and a few programs I found for free online. Nothing that compares to this baby for sure. I have taken to selecting some of my favorite pictures from the past and just playing with them. From someone that has never used something like this, or even anywhere near it, its simply amazing. I am still getting used to all the features and special effects that are available. And personally I love how I can simply hide or remove certain things in my pictures. Like telephone wires that are in the way of a beautiful beach sunset for example. I would have to go as far as to say that this program is so effective in every aspect of editing photography that its kind of destroys some faith I have had for others that seem to take glorious pictures all the time. Full of rich color and special effects, now I can see how easily they did it...

It's definitely going to take a while for me to get used to everything that you can do with this, but this much I can tell you. It may seem overwhelming now to me, for as I said before, this is not an upgrade from any other previous software, but something completely new to me. But overall so far I have found this software to be amazingly user friendly. At first thought, I was considering the idea of asking one of my more advanced photography friends to take a look at it with me and perhaps help me get my feet wet. But then I decided to dive right into it and its turned out to be something I can figure out on my own.. I'm like a kid that has never seen anything as to a video game since the days of the original Atari with this and I love it. From the standpoint of someone that is admittedly a tenderfoot in this area, I can highly recommend it. Easy, flawless install, wonderful layout, and a user friendly operation for both novice like myself, and for the more experienced... (_)D

Sparkle Mini Roll, 6 Count
Sparkle Mini Roll, 6 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars Passable Quality, No Discount Price...Some Use For Them In Smaller Places.., August 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These mini towels probably serve a good purpose somewhere, but so far I haven't really figured out where. They are the typical Sparkle quality that is passable, and the price on them are no real discount. But being mini roles has so far escaped me as to having a real purpose. The sheets are about the size of an average standard napkin you buy in a package. Perhaps they would find a good home in a tiny kitchen where every inch matters, or on a workshop bench where its that much smaller and easy to grab, store, etc...One thing I will say about these is they are perfect when you just have one of those little tiny spills and you feel bad having to use a whole towel for it. About half the time I have a spill in kitchen I could probably use one of these. The downside of them is that when it does come to cleaning a bigger spill or wiping down a counter, you will want to use the bigger towel or several of these at once. In my opinion most people won't have a real use for these and won't like paying the price for them. There is no real discount here for being smaller, just the convenience if you happen to find one. I am rating them 4 stars for the quality that is ok, (and they tear nice and easy), and the fact that I will be keeping a role in my bathroom where space is limited, and fit perfectly...(Yes I did find a place for them in the end ) : )

95% HCA Garcinia Cambogia Pure Extract Insanely Potent! Highest HCA Potency You Can Get! Decrease Appetite Increase Energy & Burn Fat Naturally. A WHOPPING 1400mg 95% HCA w/ Potassium 60 Capsules
Offered by Sarah's Source LLC
Price: $31.99
3 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff...Powerful, Effective...Success Story Here.., August 26, 2015
I've been using Garcinia Cambodia in some form now for about 2 years...It's been invaluable to me in keeping my weight down. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and, I have had success on an array of diets, only to gain much of it back again. Now that I am getting older, I am less concerned with losing weight, and more concentrating on not gaining any more...Although I can't say that GC has helped me lose any considerable weight, it has indeed seriously curbed my appetite, and I am happy to say that I have not gained anything in the last year. (Which for me is a real accomplishment). I don't exactly pig out and just take this stuff. None of these formulas are effective if you do that. But at the same time I have been enjoying take out, spaghetti dinners, pizza, etc., here and there whenever I get a real hankering' for it, and I have not gained anything. And with no side effects here. Gotta tell ya I am really liking this stuff..

Although I have tried a lot of difference GC formulas, this one by Pinnacle Nutrition is the very best I have come across in quite some time. And, it is by far the purest and most potent formula I have found. GC purity is measured by its HCA rating, simply put, breaking down the dose to its standardizes potency in just what gets delivered and is effective. Most GC formulas land somewhere between 65% and 75% potency. This Pinnacle brand with its 95% HCA really is the most powerful I have found so far. And its certainly proven itself to be that powerful as to its effectiveness. One thing I have learned about any GC is to give it plenty of time to allow it to work. Although this brand like most suggest 45 to an hour before a meal, I say it should be one hour minimum...When I remember to take it one hour before a meal, I have found myself feeling full after just half of what I usually eat. In fact this stuffs effectiveness can be a little scary until you get used to it since feeling full on little food can be a symptom of something serious going on. Trust me when I tell you its just this stuff working, and working well. Personally I take one of these capsules before my breakfast or lunch each day, whichever is the biggest meal, and save to the two two capsule dose for dinner. I save some money and it works just as good being so potent. All in all this is one of the very best, most effective formulas of I have tried in a long time. And, it is by far the most potent. It comes at a very fair price for how powerful it is, and I highly recommend it for either losing weight, or maintaining ones weight as I have been doing. Really good stuff indeed...

Free sample provided in exchange for an honest review..

Wolverine Men's Basic Milled Leather Strap Belt, Brown, 44
Wolverine Men's Basic Milled Leather Strap Belt, Brown, 44

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, Great Fit..., August 26, 2015
This is a fine leather belt that feels and looks like real quality. I was impressed immediately with its feel upon opening it, and now after wearing it a couple of days, I can attest to it being of a fine make and very comfortable. Some leather belts have a way of bending at the loops, or just getting wrinkle lines in them way too prematurely, and this is not happening with this belt. I think it has something to do with keeping the leather soft, but not so soft that it bends and wrinkles. It's particularly important with this belt for at 1 3/4" wide, it takes up most of the loop on a pair of khakis or other dress pants...The buckle on it is big enough to look very handsome without overdoing it, and is also very quality made. As for the sizing that so many others have mentioned here, I ordered a size 44 and that's just what I got. It fits me perfectly with plenty of holes before and after in case my waistline changes over the years...(Which unfortunately seems likely). Overall a nice quality belt at a good price that I can highly recommended..

Free sample provided in return for an honest review..

DBPOWER 5-in-1 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge With Multi Emergency Tool-Window Breaker, Seatbelt Cutter and Flashlight for Automotive (Tools 5 in 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality User Friendly Gauge With Extras At A Fair Price..., August 25, 2015
First up I have to say that there appears to be two of these models out there. One, the older ones has a set of tools built in and runs on button batteries. The other updated one which I received has no tools on it, rather a seat belt cutter, and, it (thankfully) runs on two AAs. Just had to make sure that is understood before I go any further...

This is overall one of the best things one can keep in their glove compartment. Its not only a very accurate tire gauge, but has a couple of extras on it including a window breaker that could save ones life...As for its operation of each, the tire gauge works like a charm. It instantly reads and holds the pressure reading so you can see it easily. (It has a nice dark contrast on it). Also, a back light comes on when it is applied and stays on for over 15 seconds, where at that time it reverts back to its zero reading. (It also immediately reads the next tires pressure without having to wait till it goes back to zero. Just move from tire to tire, press it, and the new reading moves with you.) As for its 4 ranges of measuring stats, (PSI, BAR, etc), sometimes I found I had to cycle through the others to get it back to the PSI reading when first turning it on, which is a pain, but when measuring your tire pressure, more than enough time is given in between for you to check all your tires before the light goes out and it has to be reset. I measured the length of the back light being lit several times, and each time it was close to 20 seconds in duration, twice what another reviewer here claimed on theirs. That is easily more than enough time to get around to each tire on your vehicle without it turning off and having to reset it. Also, this is the only tire gauge I have ever used that effortlessly takes a reading without it bleeding, belching out a little air if its not securely fitted on the valve stem. This one is so quiet and never spits out any air that at first I didn't even realize it had take a reading. But it does take one immediately when it is pressed, and as mentioned before, there is a handy back light on it that stays on a very generous amount of time in between tires. I have no problem or complaints at all as to the operation of this when taking tire readings.

As for the seat belt cutter and glass breaker, I didn't test either, but I have no doubt both would work with ease. Both the cutter on it and glass breaker are very well constructed. Very tough and solid. (The glass breaker can also double as a valve bleeder very easily). There is a flashlight built into it that is not super bright, but well enough to see your way, work on your car, or find something should you need it. (It also has a red light on it that I have yet to figure out why its there). This whole instrument has an overall quality feel to it that for the price makes it the best digital tire gauge I have tested in some time. About the only thing I can say I don't like about it is its not arriving with the two AAA batteries required. I really hate when they do that, but it is what it is. Overall this is a nicely designed, quality built gauge that has some excellent features, and I consider it one of the best of its kind for the price you pay...Highly recommended.

Free unit supplied in exchange for an honest review...

Organic Ceremonial Matcha (Emerald Class 100g) Chef's Choice Quality Japanese Matcha Powder For Beverages, Baking and Beginner Brew, Kosher, Vegan, USDA
Offered by Life & Food
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich Soothing Taste...Fine Energy Boost With Stress Relief..., August 25, 2015
I received this Matcha free in exchange for an honest review, and here it is: This review is pretty much from the viewpoint of my son, for I am not much of a tea drinker. He is, and he really has taken to this stuff. Even though the directions for using this came with the can, my son looked up some preparation tips and videos online...They really helped. And although we don't possess a ceremonial kit with the whisk, etc, we were able to make do with what we had here with good results. Even though its a little more work as to its preparation, it not only is easy but its somewhat a pleasure for what you get. With its hands on preparation, one is able to control the amount and consistency of the beverage which is something my son likes. The real place where this stuff shines is in its taste, and effectiveness. He was so enthused by his boost in energy and general well being that he insisted I try some to reduce stress. I agree that it not only tasted very good, but also acted as natural stress reducer that I found very comforting,. Since excess consumption of caffeine has in the past caused me some heart palpitations, whenever I drink this I avoid my morning or evening coffee. (Mostly in the evening, I have really come to enjoy this at days end to help me detox from the stress of the day). I have also taken to an occasional cup of this for its energy boost that seems far above the usual caffeine high. It may not become a constant in the house for me, but for my son he is more than sold on it. He really enjoys the energy boost, the antioxidant effects, as well as the rich soothing taste. It may be a little costly, but this is top of the line quality stuff and a little of goes a long ways. Highly recommended for sure...

#1 Respiratory Essential Oil & Sinus Relief Blend by Living Pure Essential Oils - Promotes Breathing, Congestion Relief, & Respiratory Function - 100% Organic Therapeutic & Aromatherapy Grade - 15ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Effective Oil...Wonderful Scent, And Medicinal As Well, August 23, 2015
My fiance' is a massage therapist. She often uses an oil diffuser as part of her regimen. It helps people relax and the gentle scent of whatever she decides to use is a nice touch to a relaxing massage. This Living Pure oil is definitely a cut above most oils in it being very pure and concentrated, as well as being far more medicinal than most oils. My fiance' usually asks her customers what they like as far as oil, if any. She has scents on hand like lavender, fresh linen, jasmine, etc. But to really try this stuff out for me she decided to just ask them if they minded her using it and all accepted it. She used it in her diffuser for 2 days, through about 8 massages and the overall opinion of it was excellent. Even some of them asking what it was, and where they could buy it. It's scent to me is more like peppermint than anything else, but its not overly sweet at all. And, you can tell that there are other ingredients in there working as well. But what really separates his stuff from the others is its effectiveness. It really does penetrate your sinuses and clear them up. Although there are a host of other oils out there that promise to be therapeutic, this is one that really is. And its just as pleasant in its scent as it is effective. It may be a little more expensive for what you get, but in my experience, you definitely get what you pay for as to this oils...This has one of those tops on it like some liquor bottles that allows one to just used a couple of drops, which is all you need. A little of this goes a long ways and its well worth the price... In conclusion, this is one of the best oils my fiance' has ever used, and she is even considering keeping some on hand to sell to clients. A great smelling, effective formula that is as pleasant as it is medicinal, and I highly recommend it...

Free sample provided in exchange for a fair review..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20