Profile for C. Bayne > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2049

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Bayne "katluvr_1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oxiclean White Revive Powder, 5 Pound
Oxiclean White Revive Powder, 5 Pound

3.0 out of 5 stars Cleans well, but the scent is a little heavy., August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried this on a load of whites, and they came out just fine. I didn't use any bleach. I also tried this on a load of different colored clothes, and the colors came out bright. Nothing bled, though all of the clothes have been washed a few times before and probably wouldn't have bled anyway. The only thing I really don't care for is the scent. I used the right amount of powder and a bit of detergent, and after washing, the clothes smelled like the Oxi Clean. I washed them again with a bit of white vinegar and they didn't smell as much. They smelled clean after drying, but I could still smell the Oxi Clean.

I use the regular Oxi Clean when I do laundry, so I don't mind the scent usually, and I don't have a problem with the scents after everything is dried.

As a laundry booster, this seems to be just fine. But I can't handle the scent, which is why I gave it only 3 stars.

Case Logic Samsung Galaxy S4 EXTREME 2-Piece Case - Retail Packaging - Black/Red
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, a little bulky, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This looks nice, and all the holes line up with my Galaxy 4, but the case is kind of bulky. Also, it's very hard to get the phone into the case. The red rubber part goes on easily, but getting the black plastic piece around it is harder than it looks. Since the power button is on one side of the phone and the volume controls are on the other, they all stick out, and the plastic does not bend very well. My phone is in there now, and all the buttons work, but I might never get the phone out again.

And while I'm sure this will protect against knocks, there is no way I'm going to drop my phone on the concrete just for the review. But if I accidentally drop it, I'll update this review. :)

Slim-Fast Meal Bars, Have Your Cake, 5 Count
Slim-Fast Meal Bars, Have Your Cake, 5 Count
Price: $6.19
5 used & new from $6.19

5.0 out of 5 stars And Eat It, Too!, August 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really good! It does taste a lot like cake. Of course, it's a protein bar, so it's got a kind of chewy consistency. It doesn't FEEL like cake at all. But it tastes good. The bar has 180 calories, 8g of protein, 6g of fiber, and 5g of fat. It's a small bar, but it kept me full for several hours.

OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
OXO Good Grips Twist & Pop Strawberry Huller
Price: $7.99
7 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the directions - then it's great!, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't going to like this because the blades don't retract after you push them down. Then I actually read the directions. If you use this correctly (poke into the strawberry & twist) this works great! And you can take it apart to clean! It fits just fine in the silverware bin in the dishwasher. Be careful though - the blades are kind of sharp! Not touch-it-and-bleed-all-over sharp, but you notice it when you pick it up wrong.

LiquiSeal Travel Mug in Silver by OXO
LiquiSeal Travel Mug in Silver by OXO
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars "Thermal Retention" - not so much, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to like this, but when I put my coffee in it this morning, the sides get hot, which means that heat is leaking out. I like taking thermal mugs to work because I don't always drink my coffee quickly, and it's nice to know that my coffee will still be hot in a couple hours. That's not the case with this mug.

On the other hand, it doesn't leak. I pressed the button on the top and coffee came out. I pressed the button again, turned the mug upside down, and nothing came out. The lid screws in smoothly, so no fumbling with the mug while sleepily making my starter fluid, I mean, coffee, in the morning.

Technically, this should be hand washed, but I don't believe in hand washing anything - I have a dishwasher, darn it, so I don't have to hand wash anything. But I do keep the drying heat off so my plastic stuff doesn't melt. That seems to work. I washed this and it didn't melt, so that's good.

But, the heat retention thing is kind of important.

Pure Protein Greek Yogurt Nutrition Bar, Strawberry, 6 Count
Pure Protein Greek Yogurt Nutrition Bar, Strawberry, 6 Count
Offered by Empire Depot
Price: $9.54
6 used & new from $9.54

3.0 out of 5 stars High Protein but too sweet for me, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is a lot to like about these bars - there are 20g of protein to keep you full, and only 4 g of sugar (19g of carbs) & 4g of fat. There is also only 1g of fiber, which I wish was a little higher. (If you eat high protein, you kind of need high fiber too or you get, um, kind of stopped up. Just saying.) This is pretty good on the vitamin front as well. You get about 25% of almost everything - A, C, E, various B's

Sadly, the only thing I didn't like was the flavor. It certainly wasn't cardboard-y, There really are strawberry pieces (with enough sugar & fructose & dextrose & corn syrup to sweeten them up - there's not much sugar in the whole bar, but it's all in the strawberry pieces). This was just too sweet for me, which I didn't think was possible.

I only ate half, though honestly I was full for quite a while after.

If you like your strawberry flavor very intense and sweet, you'll probably like this. I'm giving it 3 stars because it was too strawberry-candy flavored. And if I don't like the taste, I won't eat them.

Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO SDXC Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-SG64D/AM)
Price: $44.99
16 used & new from $41.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds lots of pictures & saves them quickly., July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One problem with digital cameras taking such large pictures is that it takes forever to write to the disk, and I can't take another picture right after taking the first one. OK, some has to do with my camera, but a lot has to do with the card. This does speed up picture taking.

And it holds a zillion pictures.

(2 Pack) 1 ft Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable Type A Male to Type B Male For Printer / Scanner - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by PC Micro Store
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic cables, July 17, 2014
Basic USB cables, but they do what they are supposed to do. I bought these to bring to work to charge my phone. These are stiffer than regular cables, but I like that because they hold my phone in place when my desk gets jiggled.

Now Foods Elderberry Liquid Concentrate, 8-Ounce
Now Foods Elderberry Liquid Concentrate, 8-Ounce
Offered by evitamins
Price: $11.88
10 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy way to take vitamins, July 17, 2014
I mix this with a little cherry juice concentrate. Then I dump the mixture into club soda and have a yummy, healthy carbonated drink. I have tasted this on its own, and it's good plain too.

The Complete Season 5 Collection
The Complete Season 5 Collection
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a Voice Winner to Me!, July 17, 2014
I confess - I'm a confirmed "Champ". I follow him on FB & have bought his other music. Will has a great voice, and even though these are not his songs, he does a wonderful job interpreting them. My favorites are "Carry On" and "Demons".

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20