Profile for C. Bayne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 666

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Bayne "katluvr_1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXO Good Grips Chopped Salad Scissors, White/Green
OXO Good Grips Chopped Salad Scissors, White/Green
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, but a little hard to cut with, March 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I very much wanted to love these - I like to make cole slaw, and though I buy the already shredded cabbage, the pieces are too long. So I have been using regular scissors to cut them up. (No, I don't get them out of the desk drawer - these are only used on food, and they are washed after every use. But they ARE standard cutting sheers.) These are actually a little difficult to use for chopping cabbage. Maybe it's because I'm used to thinner blades, but these are unwieldy. Also, they are a little stiff. They fit in my hand well, and they are quite sharp, but I feel I have to squeeze harder than I do with regular scissors.

Jackaby
Jackaby
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, quick read., March 1, 2015
This review is from: Jackaby (Kindle Edition)
This was a fun read. I bought this yesterday and just finished reading it today. I think it's technically a young adult book, but at double (or triple) the standard "young adult" age, I thought it was a blast. It's the story of Abigail Rook, a transplant from across the pond, who comes to America in search of adventures and finds a job with R.F. Jackaby, a "seer" who can see the way things really are, i.e. the magic beneath the mundane. Jackaby is a bit Sherlock Holmes, but with a paranormal bent.

I am very much looking forward to the next book in this series. At least, I hope there's a series...

Barilla White Fiber Rotini Pasta, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla White Fiber Rotini Pasta, 12 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $24.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy and filling!, February 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really liked this. It tasted really good - no overpowering flavors, just something to enjoy pasta sauce on top of. The description says it cooks in 5 minutes, and that might be a little optimistic. I like just slightly softer than al dente, and that took about 8 minutes. There are 6g of fiber and 6g of protein, so one 2 oz serving really is filling.

Somerset the Cat's Belgrade Mysteries(1): The Case of Old Mrs Popovic
Somerset the Cat's Belgrade Mysteries(1): The Case of Old Mrs Popovic
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet. Fun read!, February 21, 2015
This was a very quick read, but it was a lot of fun. Somerset is a talking cat who lives in Belgrade. He witnesses a shady character leaving a neighbor's apartment and sets off to find out who that person is. When it turns out the neighbor was murdered, he figures out how to bring the killer to justice.

Again, a very quick read - less than 30 minutes - but worth the fun.

Barilla Plus Penne Pasta, 14.5 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Barilla Plus Penne Pasta, 14.5 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $15.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes good under sauce. And has protein. Mmmmm!, February 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I cooked these for 11 minutes to al dente, and they turned out really well. The noodles were firm. I could have boiled them for another minute, but I grew up with mushy spaghetti, so I like mine a little more tender than some people. I'm not entirely sure what they taste like plain because I made them with chicken and an olive oil/corona/basil/garlic/onion sauce. These really complemented the chicken & sauce.

The fact that this is full of protein and has a bit of fiber in it doesn't hurt.

Doctor's Best 5-HTP Enhanced with Vitamins B6 and C, Vegetable Capsules, 120-Count
Price: $17.19
16 used & new from $16.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if it works., February 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know if this works for a sleep aid. The directions say to "take 1 capsule 1-3 times daily". Since there is l-tryptophan in it, I didn't want to take it in the morning, so I stuck with 1 pill at dinner. I've been having problems sleeping, so I figured any amount of help would help, but there didn't seem to be any change in my sleep patterns.

Something More (The Voice Performance)
Something More (The Voice Performance)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful version!, February 5, 2015
I have listened to this version about a dozen times, and it's so beautiful. I watched Kristen on The Voice, and I went to the Voice concert, and Kristen was there, bopping around the stage and singing so beautifully. I love her voice!!

Patons Metallic Yarn (95628) Metallic Orange
Patons Metallic Yarn (95628) Metallic Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Copper color, soft yarn - love it!, February 5, 2015
I bought this elsewhere - if I had only seen the picture online, I wouldn't have bought this, but it's much prettier in real life. This is really more of a copper color than orange. (Though I guess "copper" is really another word for "metallic orange". "Copper" sounds better than "Orange", don't you think?)

This yarn is not fuzzy, so the crochet hook doesn't catch when you pull it. It is very soft. A skein is 85g (3 oz). It's approximately 230 m (252 yds) long. I found that a size G (4.25mm) crochet hook works really well, though the package suggests size H (5mm). I tend to crochet loose, so I have to use a slightly smaller sized hook. According to the package, one ball will make a hat, two will make a scarf, and 6-10 will make a sweater.

Little Miracles Organic Energy Drink, Green Tea and Ginseng, 11.16 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $33.22
2 used & new from $33.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, not sure about energizing., January 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the flavor of this. It tastes kind of like cranberry juice, which is mostly because of the acai. It's not too sweet. This isn't like drinking syrup, which I appreciate.

This is marketed as an energy drink, though right after I drank this, I took a nap. But I did have a lot of energy after the nap. Now, I don't know which was more to do with being energized.

Let Her Go (The Voice Performance)
Let Her Go (The Voice Performance)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, January 23, 2015
Beautiful voice, and beautiful execution of this song.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20