Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD
Profile for C. Bayne > Reviews

C. Bayne's Profile

Customer Reviews: 807

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Bayne "katluvr_1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Healthy Meal Prep Containers - Certified BPA-free - Reusable, Washable, Microwavable Food Containers with Lids (7 Pack, 28 Ounce) with Meal Prepping Ebook
Offered by LIFT Co.
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, November 23, 2015
These are pretty nice. They seem like they're kind of cheap, but they hold up in the dishwasher, and you can nuke lunch in them as well. They fit together even after washing in the dishwasher - yay!

Boogie Board Jot 8.5 LCD eWriter, Gray (J31020001)
Boogie Board Jot 8.5 LCD eWriter, Gray (J31020001)
Price: $21.59
31 used & new from $16.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun little toy, November 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is pretty cool. You write notes on it like you would write on a chalk board, and then when you're done, you hit a button and it erases. There is no way to save your notes on the device. There is an app, but it's currently only available for Apple products. Since I have mostly Android products, that doesn't work for me. :( I guess I can take pictures with my phone though.

This actually reminds me of a toy I had when I was a kid. There was a black wax thing in back, and a plastic sheet in front. You wrote with a stylus on the plastic, and it would stick to the wax where the stylus touched, and you can see what you wrote. You erased it by pulling up the plastic. On this, you write with a stylus, and you erase it by hitting the button.

This does not leave a mark just by resting your hand on it. You have to use something a little sharper, but not sharp enough to scratch. The stylus is perfect, and you can use your fingernails too. Turns out a cat's claw will do it too.

There is no way to just erase part of the picture - it's all or nothing. The board will make a mark all the way to the edges. You can use the stylus as a kickstand, but you can't use it as a stylus at the same time. (Well, duh. :) ) There is an app to help you save your notes, but it's only available at the Apple appstore. Hopefully there will be an android version soon. There are magnets on the back, so you can attach it to your fridge. It's kind of hard to detach the stylus when it's attached to the fridge, but it's easier to write on when it's on a horizontal surface anyway.

This is $27.97 as of this writing. That's a little pricey for what's really a glorified whiteboard. But it's a really cool toy. If it was a little cheaper and if the app was available for Android, I would probably give this 5 stars.

SPRI Rotating Push Up Grips
SPRI Rotating Push Up Grips
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The pain had better be worth it!, November 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ow. I'm assuming these work really well because I'm really sore right now, and I couldn't even do the recommended number of reps.

But I will!

You can do two kinds of push ups with these - wobbly ones or rotating ones. With the rounded bottom, you have to use extra muscles to stabilize your arms as you move. (Do not rotate these while using the rounded bottoms!) With the rotating bottom, you get more range of motion action.

And with minimal muscle tone, it's going to take a while to work up to these. If you can't do more than a couple of regular push ups anyway, these will certainly help strengthen you, but it's going to take a while before you're bouncing up and down like they do in the commercials. My husband, who actually CAN do about 20 push ups in a row without falling over, had to work harder to use these. I could do 3, and that was the "girl" way or "bent leg" version. But, darn it, I'm going to be able to do 8 before Christmas!

The hand grips are comfortable, and the rotating mechanism works smoothly. There is an exercise guide included that has pictures and explains how to do different types of push ups. The people in the pictures have much better muscle tone than I do. It is very easy to get the rounded bottoms on and off.

If you ACTUALLY use this, you will get an amazing workout. Not only does this work your arms and shoulders, but it gets your core as well. Think planking with movement. You get a slightly different workout depending on how you hold your hands (vertical or horizontal) and whether you're rotating or wobbling. This is waaaayyyy harder than a regular push up.

View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
View-Master Virtual Reality Starter Pack
Price: $19.97
35 used & new from $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A great update to an old favorite. SO MUCH FUN!, November 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had a Viewmaster when I was a kid in the 70s. Every vacation, we would get a set of reels. I remember when they came out with 3D ones - the static images were offset so that it looked like the images were 3D. Totally cool.

This blows that little toy away. Yes, you have to have a rather large smartphone to make this work - mine is a Galaxy Note 4. It fits perfectly if you take it out of its case, which is something I forgot and then couldn't figure out why it was so darn hard to get out of the Viewmaster. Oh yeah - duh.

You have to download an app to make this work. It seems to me that I couldn't find all of the apps on the Amazon appstore, but I found them on Google Play. I also received 3 packets with Destinations, Space, and Wildlife. These are add on "games". The VM comes with a preview reel that lets you play with it out of the box (once the app is downloaded), but I was actually having so much fun playing with the full versions that I didn't really care about the preview reel. The reels are not needed, but you do need the apps. You can look at the reels and see a cute little 3D hologram thing - cool, but not worth the price of admission. The apps, on the other hand, are really neat. With this up to your face (phone in, turned on, and running the app), you can look around and see things from all angles. There is a button on the side (kind of like the lever you used to push to advance to the next picture) that will let you select things.

I am of an age where I can't focus terribly closely any more, and even though my phone was literally inches from my eyes, I was able to see the images clearly without glasses. This is good because there is nothing on the VM to let you adjust the view. I guess you can wear glasses with this as long as they aren't too bulky.

If you go out to YouTube and type in "Google Cardboard Videos", it will bring up several free videos that you can use this with. This is basically a glorified Google Cardboard device, so you can certainly view those. In fact, there's (at least) one video that will show you how it works. As of this writing, this is priced at $30, so it's in-between the prices of the actual cardboard devices (mostly $10-$20) and the higher end phone VR things (mostly $30-$45). While this won't hold up to repeatedly dropping it off the roof of your house, it will withstand slight drops (i.e. from experience - off the sofa), and it will hold up to crushing and water better than cardboard will.

There is no head strap - you have to hold it to your face. I prefer this, but I can see where some people might get annoyed. If you are using the VM games, you have to have your hand on the device anyway to select planets or animals or whatever. If you are watching a movie, holding it to your face would get old.

This should fit phones in the 5-6" screen range. It will fit the larger iPhones (with the included adapter) and the Galaxy S4-S6 and Galaxy Notes 4 & 5. The list on the back of the box includes Moto X (2014), Droid Turbo, LG G3 & G4, HTC One, and Nexus 5 & 6.

You do have to have your phone on and running the app for this to work. That means it burns through the battery. You cannot have your phone plugged in to anything (headphones or charger) when it's inside the VM. My phone (Galaxy Note 4) got a little warm after about half an hour.

Since I am apparently a 6 year old at heart, I think this is one of the coolest toys I've ever played with. (The fact that I had an old style one growing up might play into that. :) ) This would be a great gift for someone in the 6-12 year old range. Someone in the 12-15 year old range would probably like it too, but they would roll their eyes at getting such a "baby" gift. Someone in the 46-year-old range would laugh at getting such a "gag" gift, but assuming they know how to work their phone, they would LOVE it.

Dr. Seuss Does Die Hard
Dr. Seuss Does Die Hard
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute & R rated, November 12, 2015
If you like
Your kabloom and kersplat
Yippie kai yay m*** f***
This is where it is at.

But not for kiddies, please!

IRIS USA CLF-5 Cat Tree, 3-Tier
IRIS USA CLF-5 Cat Tree, 3-Tier
Price: $86.46
4 used & new from $60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Another perch for the kitties to destroy..., November 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have several kitties, and some of them are kind of huge. This is not a large cat tree, but it still will hold 3 cats. Our Maine Coon (who is small for an MC - he's 14 lbs) loves the little house on top.

This is pretty cute, but it's not as easy to clean as it should be considering cats like to hork up hairballs unexpectedly. The screws that hold the "trunks" in place are open to the air, so they can get goop inside. I'm not entirely sure how easy this is to clean - I'm used to carpet and this is kind of like velour. It feels great now though. I'm not sure how it's going to feel after cleaning vomit off of it a few times.

This seems to be pretty sturdy. The kitties have explored it quite thoroughly and haven't knocked it down yet.

This is fairly easy to put together. I did it by myself in about half an hour. The top two bits (the house & stand) went together very easily. getting the main (bottom) trunk attached to the two floors was a little harder. It would have been easier with another person holding the pieces together while I screwed the bits together. But I made it, darn it! The instructions were easy to follow.

This is good! It's probably best if you have smaller cats, but since big cats like little boxes, it works OK for big cats as well.

Though to be perfectly honest, the kitties were absolutely delighted with the box it came in.

Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Microwave Pasta Cooker, Orange/Beige
Joseph Joseph M-Cuisine Microwave Pasta Cooker, Orange/Beige
Price: $15.00
8 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster spaghetti. How come I'm not losing weight?, November 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is brilliant! Spaghetti in 14 minutes instead of... Well, I'm not sure how long it takes to boil enough water, but it's that plus 9 minutes. Which I'm pretty sure is longer than 14. The instructions said that this is good for microwaves up to 900 watts. My microwave is 1100 watts, so I had to use this on power 8. I used whole wheat spaghetti, and it took 14.5 minutes to cook it to just past al dente. That was for 2 servings.

You can cook up to 4 servings of spaghetti in this. A serving is 2 ounces of dry pasta. If you're using spaghetti, there is a circle in the bottom of this to show you how much spaghetti is in a serving. There are also little hatch marks in the back to tell you how much water to put in. Then nuke it for a while. When you're done, there's a lip around the container to hold and keep you from scalding yourself on the steam. There's a colander built in, so you just tilt it over the sink to drain the water. Add your favorite sauce and too much Parmesan cheese, and you're good!

Super easy! And as of this writing, this is all of $15. Not bad for such a handy, time-saving toy.

Brita Space Saver Water Filter Pitcher, Red, 6 Cup
Brita Space Saver Water Filter Pitcher, Red, 6 Cup
Price: $18.97
7 used & new from $14.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty and the water tastes much better than out of the sink., November 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I did not have the problems with the lid staying on that other reviewers had. There are grooves in the bottom that hold the filter, and it turns out that the filter has to be oriented correctly, otherwise the lid won't close at all. I'm not sure about the counter that tells you when to change the filter. I don't know how it knows how often I change the water. It also doesn't know that I live in Arizona, where the water is so hard that it's almost crunchy. So if it's just counting how many times I open the lid, it might wear out before the counter tells me.

The water pouring out is pretty good. At any rate, it's much better than what's coming out of the sink. And it's not crunchy at all.

Invicta Men's 21474 Pro Diver Analog Display Swiss Quartz Black Watch
Invicta Men's 21474 Pro Diver Analog Display Swiss Quartz Black Watch
Price: $66.99
2 used & new from $66.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, November 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will start with the good parts. I like the style of the watch. It is heavy and the band it thick leather with stitching. It looks good.

Now the bad:

They put numbers on the face that are too small to read. There is a needle pointer to indicate the date but it would be hard to tell if it was pointed at the 4 or between the 4 and 6 to indicate 5.

Others have already indicated that this does not live up to the title of Pro Divers watch. I echo this here because it cannot be said enough that this is not waterproof and does not have a screw down crown. It says water resistant to 100M on the back but I don't believe it.

The instructions for the watch are general for many, many Invicta watches. You are expected to select the watch based on the functions it has to find the page that explains how to set it. For the price, it can have its own instructions.

There is the crown and two buttons. The top button advances the day of the month the lower button advances the 24 hour dial. Both these buttons function whether the crown is in our out so you will need to make sure you don't press it accidentally.

Lastly I will say that the price is ridiculous. It is listed as a $900.00 watch and sold at 90% off making it a $90 watch. I can honestly say I would buy a Casio or Timex for $25 and be much happier with my purchase.

In summary, for a nearly $100 watch you can do much better with a little bit of shopping. This is a good looking watch but has little else going for it.

Campbell's Fresh-Brewed Homestyle Chicken Broth and Noodle Mix for K-Cups, 2 Count (Pack of 10)
Price: $45.88
3 used & new from $45.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Tasty but salty, November 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was very curious about this product - it seemed like a brilliant idea, but how does it taste? Is it worth the money? Is it convenient?

As long as you have a K-cup machine, this is very convenient. I don't have access to one at work, so this only works for me at home.

As far as taste goes, this is very Top Ramen-y. I think it tastes good, but that's probably because of all the salt. There are 750mg of sodium in one cup. There are also 4g of protein, so this isn't completely horrible for you. But that's about a third of the maximum amount of sodium you should have in a day, and actually, if you have high blood pressure, it's about half the sodium you should have. And because of all the salt, my mouth was still hungry. My stomach was fine, but I wanted more food.

As to value - at the time of this writing, 20 servings is $38.06, which makes it close to $2.00 each. A 6-pack is $14.79, which is closer to $2.50. There is a 16 count that's going for $26.08, which is $1.64 each.

I actually used 8.5 ounces of water instead of the recommended 8. I think next time I'll use 9 or 10 ounces just to dilute the salt a little. It tasted just fine with a little extra water. I'm sure a little more won't ruin it.

So - as an occasional snack, this is OK. It is tasty, but not really healthy. I'm not sure about the value. It's cheaper on Amazon than at the grocery store, but I don't know if it's cheap enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20