Profile for C. Bayne > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2016

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Bayne "katluvr_1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pure Protein Greek Yogurt Nutrition Bar, Strawberry, 6 Count
Pure Protein Greek Yogurt Nutrition Bar, Strawberry, 6 Count
Offered by Empire Depot
Price: $9.54
5 used & new from $9.54

3.0 out of 5 stars High Protein but too sweet for me, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There is a lot to like about these bars - there are 20g of protein to keep you full, and only 4 g of sugar (19g of carbs) & 4g of fat. There is also only 1g of fiber, which I wish was a little higher. (If you eat high protein, you kind of need high fiber too or you get, um, kind of stopped up. Just saying.) This is pretty good on the vitamin front as well. You get about 25% of almost everything - A, C, E, various B's

Sadly, the only thing I didn't like was the flavor. It certainly wasn't cardboard-y, There really are strawberry pieces (with enough sugar & fructose & dextrose & corn syrup to sweeten them up - there's not much sugar in the whole bar, but it's all in the strawberry pieces). This was just too sweet for me, which I didn't think was possible.

I only ate half, though honestly I was full for quite a while after.

If you like your strawberry flavor very intense and sweet, you'll probably like this. I'm giving it 3 stars because it was too strawberry-candy flavored. And if I don't like the taste, I won't eat them.

Samsung Electronics 64GB PRO SDXC Upto 90MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-SG64D/AM)
Price: $69.99
10 used & new from $63.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds lots of pictures & saves them quickly., July 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One problem with digital cameras taking such large pictures is that it takes forever to write to the disk, and I can't take another picture right after taking the first one. OK, some has to do with my camera, but a lot has to do with the card. This does speed up picture taking.

And it holds a zillion pictures.

(2 Pack) 1 ft Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable Type A Male to Type B Male For Printer / Scanner - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by PC Micro Store
Price: $7.00
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic cables, July 17, 2014
Basic USB cables, but they do what they are supposed to do. I bought these to bring to work to charge my phone. These are stiffer than regular cables, but I like that because they hold my phone in place when my desk gets jiggled.

Now Foods Elderberry Liquid Concentrate, 8-Ounce
Now Foods Elderberry Liquid Concentrate, 8-Ounce
Offered by Nature and Herbs
Price: $10.10
11 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy way to take vitamins, July 17, 2014
I mix this with a little cherry juice concentrate. Then I dump the mixture into club soda and have a yummy, healthy carbonated drink. I have tasted this on its own, and it's good plain too.

The Complete Season 5 Collection
The Complete Season 5 Collection
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars He's a Voice Winner to Me!, July 17, 2014
I confess - I'm a confirmed "Champ". I follow him on FB & have bought his other music. Will has a great voice, and even though these are not his songs, he does a wonderful job interpreting them. My favorites are "Carry On" and "Demons".

Crazy Cups Coffee, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, 22 Count, 10.1 Oz
Crazy Cups Coffee, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, 22 Count, 10.1 Oz
Price: $14.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells just like peanut butter & jelly & coffee, July 17, 2014
This smells great while it's pouring. It does need a bit of sweetener, though. Turns out Jelly should be sweet, even though coffee shouldn't. (Yeah I know - some people like sweet coffee. In that case, add a LOT of sweetener!) But this is good.

LorAnn Oils Emulsion, Rum, 4 Ounce
LorAnn Oils Emulsion, Rum, 4 Ounce
Offered by Stuff4
Price: $2.47
14 used & new from $2.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Not to flavor coffee, July 17, 2014
I bought this to add to coffee, not to flavor desserts. So even when I add a lot of sweetener, this is very medicine-y. If this was marketed as a coffee flavoring, I would have given this 1 star, but I'm using it wrong and I don't think this product should be blamed. I suspect this is good in desserts and will update this review if I ever bake again.

Sadly, I'll have to stick to real rum in my coffee.

LorAnn Oils Emulsion, Banana, 4 Ounce
LorAnn Oils Emulsion, Banana, 4 Ounce
Offered by LARKS Cake & Candy
Price: $7.99
17 used & new from $2.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for flavoring coffee, July 17, 2014
I bought this to flavor coffee, not to flavor desserts, and it does make my coffee banana flavored. My coffee still needs a little sweetener or it would taste a little medicine-y but this does exactly what I want it to do.

Cool Shield No Allergy Waterproof Pillow Protector (1) - Breathable Cotton Terry Zippered Encasement Protects Against Dust Mites, Allergens, Bacteria, Mold and Fluids - Machine Washable - 10-yr Guarantee - Size: King
Offered by The Demelle Group
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving our mattress one cat mess at a time!, July 17, 2014
We need this because we live with several cats, some of whom like to throw up hairballs willy-nilly. For some reason, they don't seem to care where these hairball land. We had just bought a new mattress and needed something to protect it. We also live in Arizona, where the electric bills in the summer are insane if you actually keep your air conditioner at a comfortable level. So nights are warm.

This mattress shield does NOT make the mattress retain heat. And while there haven't been any feline mishaps yet, sweat doesn't seem to get through the shiled.

Betty Crocker Dry Meals Suddenly Grain Salad, Harvest, 6.7 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Betty Crocker Dry Meals Suddenly Grain Salad, Harvest, 6.7 Ounce (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really sudden, but very good!, July 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Surprisingly good! OK, this really isn't "sudden", unless you think a half hour is sudden. No, it doesn't take forever, but you're not allowed to microwave it either.

So, you boil water and dump the mesh bag with the grains in it. DO NOT open the bag. There are instructions for those who don't read the directions first, but it's easier to keep the bag sealed. Boil the bag for 17 minutes. While you're waiting, mix the dressing powder with a tablespoon water and a tablespoon oil. If you're going to keep the salad in the fridge, the directions say you can put in a couple more teaspoons of oil to keep it from drying out. I put another tsp in, and it's not too oily.

After 17 minutes, dump the water and the bag into a colander and run cool water over the bag to cool off the contents. Let it drain a bit & then dump into the bowl with the dressing. Pour in the almonds & cranberries and mix.

This tastes pretty good at room temperature, but letting it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours to marinate & cool down is even better. This makes a good side for dinner.

One thing I like is that there are only 170mg of sodium per serving (4 servings per box). There are 3g of fiber and 4 of protein. There are 3.5g of fat before adding the olive oil, and about 7 or so once prepared. This is actually pretty healthy. There is some added sugar. I guess you can make your own, but this is so much easier.

I might have to invest in more of these...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20