Profile for C. Bayne > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 642

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Bayne "katluvr_1" RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bodum Bistro Universal Knife Block, Red
Bodum Bistro Universal Knife Block, Red
Price: $48.57
11 used & new from $48.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile knife block, December 13, 2014
This is actually the 2nd of these blocks that I've purchased. We keep getting sharp knives, and it turns out one will only hold so many. This is sturdy. It grips the knives well, yet releases them easily. I like to get the highest quality knives I can afford, and I haven't noticed a problem with the blades getting dull faster than with the old wood block version I have. The red is a little more orange than the picture.

OMOTON Amazon Kindle Voyage Case Cover -- The Thinnest and Lightest PU leather Case Cover for the Latest Amazon Kindle Voyage with 6" Display and Built-in Light, Rose Red Map Case
Offered by DealBarn
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my Kindle Voyage, December 13, 2014
This is absolutely one of my favorite cases for Sinbad, my Kindle Voyage. I also have the origami case, which I really love. Both of them wake Sinbad when I open them. Both are super thin, yet seem very sturdy. (I am not going to drop Sinbad just to see how well this will save him from a fall. If he falls while in this case, I'll update accordingly.) I love the map design. The only thing I don't super love about this case is that it's really hard to get Sinbad out. But then, this case was $6.99 when I bought it. It's $14.99 as of this writing, and that's still a really good deal.

All of the holes line up. The case is hard plastic with a soft cover on the inside of the flap to keep the glass safe. The outside of the case is bumpy, but comfortable. The front flap folds all the way around easily, and wakes Sinbad when it opens. I can hold it like a book or fold the cover all the way back and hold it like an e-reader. Because this is so thin, it doesn't make my thumb stretch any further to reach the buttons. I'm not sure exactly how much it weighs, but it only adds a couple ounces to Sinbad.

Sea-Band Anti-Nausea Ginger Gum (Pack of 2)
Sea-Band Anti-Nausea Ginger Gum (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for me, December 13, 2014
I suffer from motion sickness, and these work really well for me. The ginger flavor is strong, but not painfully so. I like it. I have used this in cars and airplanes, and it usually does the trick. I also used it in a cruise ship that was going through rough waters, and I was fine. I had even started getting a little queasy on the ship before chewing this, so it stopped the nausea as well as prevented it on other occasions. I even got a friend hooked on them.

I'm not going to try reading in the car just to see if these work in the worst case scenario, but they saved me when my husband & I drove along a very winding road.

Big Mango Multipurpose Bling Diamond Rhinestone Cell Phone Pouches PU Leather Bag Crossbody Purse for Apple Iphone 4 4s Iphone 5 5s,5c Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 Galaxy Note 2 Note 3 HTC Money Key Cards with Long Shoulder Strap & Magnetic Snap Buttom Closure -Blue
Offered by La Provence FBP
Price: $5.05
7 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price, December 13, 2014
I bought this to take on vacation. I just got a Galaxy Note 4, and I needed something that I could put my new phone in and still dress up. For the price, this is very nice. The magnet closure lines up perfectly. The seams are straight and seem to be tight. The blue is very close to the color in the picture. The shoulder strap is nice and long - I like to use it as a cross-body bag.

ValuMax 2010B-24 Disposable Polypropylene Bouffant Cap, Fabric Thick Enough To Keep Hair Fully Contained, 24", Blue, Pack of 100
Price: $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Halloween costume, December 13, 2014
I bought these to use on Halloween. Turns out it's cheaper to buy the real thing in bulk than to buy one fake costume part. So I will either be some kind of medical professional next Halloween, or I'm on my way to being ready for the next Ebola outbreak. Whatever. This was comfortable and light, and I didn't end up with elastic marks around my face.

OXO Good Grips Coarse Grater
OXO Good Grips Coarse Grater
Price: $11.99
9 used & new from $6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly grates cheese., December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is pretty awesome. Yes, it's just a cheese grater. I suspect you can grate things other than cheeses, but that's pretty much what I'm going to use this for. And it works exactly the way it's suppose to. I used a hard-ish cheese and pushed it along the grates, and grated cheese came out. The handle is nice and sturdy. I pushed pretty hard, and nothing bent. This is dishwasher safe. It's not the smallest thing in my junk drawer, but really it shouldn't be - it needs to be large enough to grate cheese. It's not too large though. And the price isn't ridiculous.

Grohe 30205000 Ladylux Café Touch Pull-Down Spray Head Kitchen Faucet
Grohe 30205000 Ladylux Café Touch Pull-Down Spray Head Kitchen Faucet
Offered by Homeclick
Price: $363.00
10 used & new from $363.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Do-It-Yourself-er. Even the handy DIY-er., December 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
OK, I know that when you complain long and loud, you kind of look like a jerk who deserves everything that happened. It depends on how you complain, but still, complaining makes you look bad. That said, I can't really say anything nice about this faucet, so this whole review is going to be one long complaint. Sorry. I'm actually a nice person!

So here are the reasons for this rant. First of all, I was excited to be offered this on the Vine program. I have wanted one of these faucets for a while. But the price is a bit steep.

1 - You need two people to put this in. And if one is an actual plumber, so much the better. (Yeah, I know all faucets are like this, but I'm annoyed and going to put in every annoyance.) My husband & I have put in many faucets and know how to do it by now. This was beyond us.

2 - You need to take EVERY piece out of every box, envelope, and bag before you start. There are some very important pieces that you need at the beginning that are not packaged with the things they need to go with. (One box had a part that you need at the beginning hidden under parts that you don't need until the end. We looked but didn't see it. So LOOK CAREFULLY!)

3 - It helps if you are good at reading emojis. Really. The instructions were mostly in picture form, and they weren't as clear as they could have been.

4 - The electronic box that controls the touch sensor has a wire that has to connect to the faucet. This wire was so short that the box has to go behind the hoses. The box has a cover that has to screw in in four places. If the wire was longer, the box could go off to the side of the sink, making it easier to access, say for replacing the battery or changing the touch settings. Oh, also when they talk about a yellow "hose" that connects from this box to something metal, they are talking about a yellow "wire".

5 - There were no screws to attach the electronic box to the sink cabinet. You'll need to get some - maybe an inch and a half long.

My husband, who has put in several faucets in his life, said, "You know how hard that looked? It was actually a lot harder." Before we even got the water turned back on, he said, "this had better work really well or I'd give it just one star."

See that rating up there? One star. The yellow "hose" that's really a wire? That has to connect to something metal. If you have a stainless steel sink, you can connect it to that. If you have a solid surface sink (like we have), you have to find something metal under there to connect it to or the touch thing doesn't work. And that wire isn't very long. Youtube videos mentioned that you can hook it to your dish washer. Of course, we attached it to the other side of the sink before watching the Youtube videos. If we put it closer to the dish washer, it would have to go behind the disposal. Yes, we took the disposal off to put in this faucet, but taking it off every time we need to change the battery or the sensitivity setting seems a little much.

We managed to get the water to go on and off on purpose with the handle. But the touch function only works sporadically with the most sensitive setting, and it will turn on by itself with the most sensitive setting. On the next setting down, the touch function doesn't work at all, even if you grab the handle with your whole hand. This might work better if we can find a better metal thing to connect the yellow wire to, but there aren't a whole lot of choices down there.

On top of that, this is shiny silver. I wasn't going to gripe about that because I knew it was shiny silver when I ordered this and I normally don't complain about something that I knew about before ordering, but I'm so frustrated with this faucet that I don't care now. Stupid shiny silver shows fingerprints really badly - not good when it's supposed to be touched to turn it on. Not that we can use that function anyway, but still... (I bet the touch function will work when I try to wipe the fingerprints off.)

This is pretty, the handle works, and the sprayer works.

So that's my rant. If you have a metal sink, access to a plumber, a high tolerance for fingerprints (or are good about cleaning this often), extra screws, a healthy back, and already know how to put this in without looking at the pictures, you might like it. Otherwise I'd avoid it. Just get a cheaper faucet that you have to turn on by hand.

(Hmm - just read the other reviews, and they were awesome - all 4 & 5 stars. They all mentioned that you need a professional plumber to install it though. And a few of them said something about not installing it yet. Well, if you're a DIY'er, don't get this. If you can afford the $500+ price tag and a couple of hours of plumber time, go for it.)

Sakkas 2100 Bridget Renaissance Dress - Cayenne - One Size
Sakkas 2100 Bridget Renaissance Dress - Cayenne - One Size
Offered by Sakkas Store
Price: $129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 4, 2014
This fit great. I'm a little on the large side - size 14-ish - and it wasn't too tight. There wasn't a lot of room left, but it fit! I'm also about 5'4" and this wasn't too long. I love the Medieval look to it. The color is a deep, dark red. It's very light. I've washed it twice, and it hasn't fallen apart yet. I put it through both the washer and dryer on the gentle setting. I washed it with other red clothes, so I don't know if the color runs.

HAMMERHEAD HLLT24 Digital Laser Level, 24-Inch
HAMMERHEAD HLLT24 Digital Laser Level, 24-Inch
Price: $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My counter is 1/2 a degree out of level, December 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is pretty neat. Not only does it tell you if something is level, it tells you how out of level things are. It has magnets so you can stick it on something metal and walk off. The display turns over when you turn it upside down. It comes with batteries. You can use it to check for plumb. It comes in a very nice case that zips up. The laser is pretty cool too. At least the cats thought it was nifty. I can see where it would come in handy if you want to make sure something is level with something way over there, but the cats seemed to really like it.

Marley Coffee, Spiced Root Rum, 24 Count
Marley Coffee, Spiced Root Rum, 24 Count
Price: $15.26
6 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Spiced Root Rum, December 4, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wanted to like this. Adding rum to coffee is a tasty treat, so rum flavored coffee should be tasty too, right? Well, this isn't really flavored with rum. Actually, this kind of tastes rum like, but it doesn't really smell like rum to me. Since coffee is almost as much about the aroma as about the flavor (and sometimes it's MORE about the aroma) this didn't work for me.

I tried this black and also with a little sugar to bring out the flavor, and neither worked for me. To be honest, I haven't tried it with actual rum in it. I might have to do that with the remaining K-cups.

This isn't bad, but it's not as rum flavored as it should be.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20