Profile for slug bait > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

slug bait RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Midland XTC280VP1080p HD Wearable Action Camera with Image Stabilization, Submersible Case and Universal Mount (Black/Silver)
Offered by DEALATHON
Price: $74.83
63 used & new from $55.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected..., July 23, 2014
I have been looking for an affordable action cam mainly for recording my hiking adventures in the mountains and the desert. In the past I have just been using my old Canon elph point and shoot camera with video recording capability. Though the still mages are great on my point and shoot, the video isn’t. I’ve decided to try the Midland XTC280 based on the numerous positive reviews here on Amazon. The price of the Midland is affordable, compared to other well known action cams in the market, what really convinced me to pick the Midland over other action cams is the “image stabilization”, supposedly built in the camera. This is an important feature for me as I am tired of “shaky” videos from my old point and shoot camera. I tested the camera indoors and outdoors and the video quality is decent, the colors just right. Overall video quality is “average” I expected this as I am not really looking for something of cinematic quality, I just wanted a decent action cam with a decent image stabilization, this is were this camera totally failed. The supposedly built in image stabilization is non existent. No image stabilization whatsoever, the videos were shaky, it’s just as shaky as the video on my old point and shoot camera. I tried my very best to get some stabilization, I’ve strapped it around my head, my pack, my chest, nothing worked. And this is just testing the camera around the block, I have not taken it on a full hike in the wilderness. I’ve contacted Midland’s support via e-mail about this issue, I got a reply the next day and was told the camera has image stabilization but I need to attach it to a “steadicam” to keep it stable and not get the shaky video. Wow, I thought image stabilization means, the videos are not shaky or at least some minimal shakiness while the camera or the person or thing it is attached to is in motion. Other not so good things about this camera, the supplied universal mount is useless, there is nothing to attach the camera to. Also, if you want to watch the video, you have to download the video to your computer (usb cable is supplied). You cannot plug it directly to your flat screen tv. For an HD camera this thing does not have an hdmi port. It only has a mini usb port. Good luck finding an hdmi cable for this camera, ‘cause there ain’t any. I am trying my best to like this camera because it really is a step up from my old point and shoot camera. This camera has hd video, it is affordable, it is small and lightweight, but the image stabilization is a total let down, it is non existent, also an hd camera with no hdmi port? Not good. I think I will be returning this camera.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 6:12 PM PST

Fook(Remastered)
Fook(Remastered)
6 used & new from $12.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing, 3 cd masterpiece, amazing sound quality!, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Fook(Remastered) (Audio CD)
Newly remastered Limited Edition 3-CD re-issue of 3 classic albums, FOOK, WASHINGMACHINE MOUTH and TRUTH WILL OUT. It's very hard to describe the amount of mayhem recorded on these 3 albums, this is Pigface at its finest. The "music" is relentless, totally out of this world. Call it industrial, industrial-rock, grindcore, however you want to categorize this type of music, it's going to blow you away. The sound quality on this remastered 3 cd edition is amazing. Three classic Pigface albums in one package, it can't get any better than that.

Meddle
Meddle
75 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Pink Floyd album to get high to..., May 1, 2008
This review is from: Meddle (Audio CD)
The music on this album flows seamlessly from the beginning track to the epic 20 min.+ "Echoes". In my opinion the greatest Pink Floyd album of all time, I absolutely trip out to this album, the feeling is 100% euphoria. Best enjoyed with high quality headphones on. Get "up" there, sit back and enjoy the trip.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2009 11:46 PM PST

Homotopy To Marie
Homotopy To Marie
4 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the reissued and remastered version, much cheaper..., February 20, 2008
This review is from: Homotopy To Marie (Audio CD)
Great album, disturbing sounds, perfect soundtrack for some esoteric film. This album has been reissued and remastered, everything is so much better on the new version sound quality and packaging, please do not be a sucker and buy this for $50.00 or more considering also the old copies maybe suffering from DISC ROT.

Nikon DK-10 Small Rubber Eyecup for D100, D70, N60, N70, N80, Pronea Cameras.
Nikon DK-10 Small Rubber Eyecup for D100, D70, N60, N70, N80, Pronea Cameras.
Offered by Idaho Camera
Price: $5.99
4 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, December 20, 2007
i found one on a bus stop, must have fallen off a photographers camera. i took it home, glued it around my front door's peephole. since then, i now look forward to and enjoy looking through the peephole when someone bangs on my door.

Union
Union
7 used & new from $41.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another stellar recording from the true masters..., December 7, 2006
This review is from: Union (Audio CD)
Chris and Cosey truly are the "sound" behind TG. But the sound of Chris & Cosey is far more polished & sophisticated compared to their old band Throbbing Gristles (not that it's a bad thing), and the glut of so-called experimental artists out there today, with their music sounding more like a fart in the wind and calling it "Ambient" doesn't even come close to the genius that is Chris & Cosey. "Union" does not disappoint, superb sound quality and a solid live performance, this recording has everything you're looking for in an ambient/experimental album.

Folks, pick this album up or any Chris & Cosey albums, even their solo works or other collaborations, I guarantee you will never be disappointed.

Static Burn
Static Burn
4 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars pure listening pleasure..., December 6, 2006
This review is from: Static Burn (Audio CD)
Description from Soleilmoon's website:

"His second noisemusic CD moves into deeper, more disturbing areas. Dark, rich, clear sounds from the center of the earth."

It's a great album, it's Daniel Menche, what more can I say?

Screaming Caress
Screaming Caress

5.0 out of 5 stars sound masterpiece..., December 6, 2006
This review is from: Screaming Caress (Audio CD)
Description from Soleilmoon's website:

Deep, dark, powerful album created from somatic (from the body) sounds, in particular the skin, larynx, chest, lungs, heart and fist. Additional sounds were obtained from stones, sand, salt, wood, bamboo and crude electronics.

I think he'd be well known or sell more albums if he'd use a moniker instead of using his full name, how about "Lustword?", "Nurse your Wound" or "Throbbing Whiskers?" Or some really silly name like "IRR. APP. (ext)" - a NWW wannabe. You can have the most obscure name in the world for your "band" but if your music is bland and weak, your music is just bland and weak. This is not true with Daniel Menche, his music is never bland or weak, nor does he try to sound like any other artists in this genre. Though I've listened and owned a lot of albums by the "well known artists" (NWW, Hafler Trio, Zoviet France, etc.), I can honestly say, Daniel Menche's style maintains a sense of originality and integrity. Very rare in this time and age do we encounter an artist of this caliber, Daniel Menche, flex your muscle!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Scattered Remains
Scattered Remains
Price: $15.98
3 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful!!!, December 6, 2006
This review is from: Scattered Remains (Audio CD)
Double cd of early works by this absolutely talented sound artist Daniel Menche. One can classify his music as experimental, industrial, post-industrial, power electronics, noise, musique concrete, dark ambient, whatever genre you want to label his music, Daniel Menche's style surpasses classification. If you're into Merzbow, early Nurse w/ Wound or Whitehouse, you'll definitely like this cd, but compared to the mentioned artists, Daniel certainly holds is own.

For goodness sakes people, definitely check this artist out. You will not, never, be disappointed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Incineration
Incineration

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss out on this great artist!, November 12, 2006
This review is from: Incineration (Audio CD)
Daniel Menche is probably one of the most under appreciated "noise/experimental" music artist of our time. The man has released so many recordings and had many live performances here (US) and abroad yet still very few know of this great talent. Is it because the pool of the so-called "noise/experimental/avant garde/musique concrete" artists are dominated by Europeans?

Daniel Menche is local homegrown American experimental music straight from the Pacific Northwest, the awesome landscape and harsh beauty of the environment definitely reflects in his compositions. I really dislike comparing his style to other known artists of the genre, but here it goes: think Lustmord on steroids; think Hafler Trio times ten; Merzbow laced with plutonium and the mother of them all, think Nurse w/ Wound on a juiced up electric chair. Daniel Menche most definitely holds his own. There isn't an ounce of pretention on his music, just pure, honest, unadulterated power. Serious listeners should not neglect this great American experimental artist. Buy his albums, listen to them (I already have 5 of his recordings, one is a very limited edition release) I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2011 6:53 AM PDT