Profile for P. Svensen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Svensen "I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure." RSS Feed (Alice Springs, Australia)

Page: 1 | 2
Bridge to Terabithia [Blu-ray]
Bridge to Terabithia [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Josh Hutcherson
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $8.87
76 used & new from $2.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney plays a bold move., August 16, 2007
Well this movie is straight out of left field for Disney. I cannot remember when Disney last released a movie with so many issues tackled in it. Talk about a roller coaster of a ride, we are taken from levity to despair in the matter of 60 minutes.

I must congratulate Disney for having the fortitude to tackle all the issues it has in this movie some of which are love, death, imagination, fantasy, abuse, poverty, creativity, freedom of expression, and the list goes on.

On a technical note I found the BD version to be excellent in both video and audio transfers. However the standout for me is the performances of the children who are just fantastic.

Dante's Peak [HD DVD]
Dante's Peak [HD DVD]
DVD ~ Pierce Brosnan
Offered by Start The Cart
Price: $15.95
20 used & new from $1.23

5.0 out of 5 stars My new HD-DVD video reference title, August 16, 2007
This review is from: Dante's Peak [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
WOW!!! This video transfer is the best HD-DVD video transfer I think I have had the pleasure of viewing. It is absolutely brilliant, it may not be everyones "cup of tea" as far as storylines go but you cannot fault the transfers they are fantastic.

Enemy of the State [Blu-ray]
Enemy of the State [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Will Smith
Price: $10.53
53 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie., August 16, 2007
This is an excellent thriller/drama movie with a very relevant plot for todays society. It may have been far fetched when it was made but it is more of a blue print for todays reality.

The audio and video transfers are excellent and definitely rate a tier 1 presence for Blu-Ray.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2013 9:29 AM PDT

The Patriot (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
The Patriot (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Price: $8.04
133 used & new from $3.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray version, July 19, 2007
I really enjoy watching this movie and now it is on BD it is truly a vision of splendor. The clarity and sharpness makes the picture gorgeous to look at. The audio transfer is also extremely good.

I am thankfull that the version that made it to BD was the extended version which I think adds a greater depth to the movie.

Overall this BD title is just brilliant and definitely top tier 1 level.

Ghost Rider (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
Ghost Rider (Extended Cut) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Nicolas Cage
Price: $14.98
129 used & new from $0.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Made for the under 12 boys market., July 14, 2007
What a complete load of garbage this movie is. Honestly I have not seen such a pathetic movie since I unwittingly watched The Core.

The technical side of this BD version are extremely good just a pity the story line is just so darn bad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2007 11:09 AM PDT

Invincible [Blu-ray]
Invincible [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
Price: $9.21
124 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie., July 14, 2007
This review is from: Invincible [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Beer and football, need I convince you further to see this movie? Seriously this is an excellent movie and the Blu-Ray video and audio transfer are absolutely superb. I just loved the music score and that kicks off right from the very start.

Rocky [Blu-ray]
Rocky [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by RareFlix-N-Classix
Price: $19.95
41 used & new from $3.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray version, July 3, 2007
This review is from: Rocky [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This rates as my all time worst HD video transfer, I would not be surprised to find that it has been transfered from a VHS version of the movie as it is so bad. There is bucket loads of grain, total lack of definition it is just absolutely terrible.

Casino Royale [Blu-ray]
Casino Royale [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $12.48
117 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray Heaven, June 30, 2007
This review is from: Casino Royale [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I must sympathize with the makers of this movie as it must be one of the hardest BD titles to sell. Don't get me wrong it is reference quality in video and audio but with Sony's marketing ploy of giving this title away with every sale of a PS3, really the market has been saturated with freebies. I know a lot of people have received 2 or even 3 free copies of this BD movie and they are themselves giving their free copies away on forums.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest  [Blu-ray]
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Johnny Depp
65 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray Heaven, June 29, 2007
The video transfer on this BD is definitely one that would be classed as reference material. I have watched it a few times now with my PS3 set to 1080P feeding my JVC HD1 1080P projector and the picture quality is the bees knees.

Even with my ageing Denon AVR-2802 I can quite clearly hear the quality of the audio. I am expecting to take delivery of the new Onkyo 875 in the next few weeks which I am sure will give me a better idea of how good the audio transfer really is. Suffice to say that with my current equipment I believe the audio transfer is up there with the best available.

Apocalypto [Blu-ray]
Apocalypto [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Rudy Youngblood
Price: $10.55
59 used & new from $4.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu-Ray Heaven, June 29, 2007
This review is from: Apocalypto [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Absolutely pristine video transfer and audio transfers make this a reference BD title.

I was not sure if I wanted to see this movie due to it being in Mayan dialogue with english subtitles. However as strange as this may sound I actually understood most of what was being said with only minor glances at the subtitling. Truely an awesome movie, if you want to see a Mayan Rambo then check this movie out.

May I just add that anyone who has put off seeing this movie because of Mel Gibson then I would respectfully suggest that in this instance you are doing yourself an injustice. I am sure Mel had a hand in this film but in all honesty after watching the extras on the disc I think even Mel would acknowledge that there were many, many people who made this film what it is. This truely is a masterpiece when it comes to engaging a predominantly english speaking audience into a non english speaking movie.

I had a couple of friends over tonight to watch it, knowing full well that they are both very anti Mel. They watched the movie and were blown away by it to be honest, the comment that I thought was interesting was when they said that they had deliberately not watched it due to Mel's involvement. However, they thanked me for putting it on as they thought it was a wonderful movie and very thought provoking for them with their beliefs.

Page: 1 | 2