Profile for Elinor Denney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elinor Denney RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
T-Mobile NANO SIM Card (CUSTOM CUT) with Prepaid Activation Kit
T-Mobile NANO SIM Card (CUSTOM CUT) with Prepaid Activation Kit
Offered by Tech Trend
Price: $6.70
7 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Filling a much-needed niche., May 24, 2013
I paid extra for upgraded shipping and received the sim card in 2 days. It fit perfectly in the iPhone 5 and is functioning just as expected. I'm glad I was able to find this item for sale since T-Mobile refuses to supply the correct sim card for prepaid service with the iPhone 5 and I had no interest in trying to cut it myself.

Belkin Screen Overlay 3-pack for iPod touch 4G (Clear)
Belkin Screen Overlay 3-pack for iPod touch 4G (Clear)
Price: $14.99
8 used & new from $3.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, November 29, 2012
My husband, who has successfully installed screen protectors on iPods and iPhones before, struggled with these for an hour and a half before giving up. We went through all three and couldn't get a single one to satisfactorily install. Impossible to eradicate bubbles and scratches all over the surface of the protector from installation. Yuck! His favorite are the Halo brand, for anyone looking for another option.

Chantal Butter Dish, Apple Red
Chantal Butter Dish, Apple Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic butter dish!, October 8, 2012
We searched through hundreds of search results before landing on this butter dish. It met our criteria of having a lid with a handle and not being offensively ugly, so we ordered it. I'm happy to say that it is very well designed. There is an inner lip built into the bottom tray that the lid sits on so it doesn't get covered in butter. Having some experience with the Fiesta Ware butter dish that lacks an inner lip, I was pleased to find that feature.

The dish is relatively lightweight, microwave and dishwasher safe, and the lid and tray fit relatively snugly. The handle is useful and well placed, and it's even pretty quiet when you set the lid back on the tray. We buy the shorter, taller sticks of butter (Challenge vs. Land o' Lakes) and they fit fine, though I can tell that the longer skinnier sticks would, too.

I should note that the product information is incorrect in stating that this only fits a half stick of butter. The manufacturer does make both a half stick and full stick dish, but this is definitely the full stick version. I wish Amazon carried it in more colors!

Aprica Presto Stroller, Highrise Grey (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Aprica Presto Stroller, Highrise Grey (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great umbrella stroller!, June 18, 2011
I wanted a lightweight, good quality umbrella stroller that had a high weight limit since my son is in the 97th percentile for weight. The seat seems comfortable for him and it's very easy to push. The big canopy is a real plus and the basket storage is usually big enough to fit my diaper bag, and is easy to access from the side. I love the hinge free fold as a safety feature!

I do wish the handles were adjustable because it tends to feel a little short (I'm 5'6"). The wheels seem a little soft - they showed wear from our very first outing. I do think they are plenty sturdy, just that they don't look new for long. The fold can sometimes be a little stiff, but I've found that if I push it up against a solid surface (wall, car tire) it's a lot easier.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase!

Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Medical Department Stores
Price: $126.25
41 used & new from $69.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't work for me., June 18, 2011
I really wanted to love this pump. My son won't latch, so I pump exclusively for him. Before I purchased this pump I was using the Lansinoh single manual pump, which was working great in terms of keeping up milk production, but it's pretty slow going. I was hoping to spend less time pumping by purchasing a double electric.

Unfortunately, this pump just doesn't work for me. First, the flanges don't stimulate my milk releases properly. Maybe they are too big. The Lansinoh manual pump that works so well for me has soft flange covers, and I think they do make a difference in how much milk I get. The pump also seems loud, and the beep it emits with each pump cycle is very distracting/annoying.

More importantly, this pump is too slow for me. I tend to pump fairly quickly with my manual pump, because that's how my baby sucks, but even cranked to the fastest speed the Ameda pump is abysmally slow. The suction seems entirely adequate for my needs, but without the proper speed I get very little milk. I used it twice, and both times I pumped for an hour and got half the milk I would have gotten with my manual pump, plus my breasts still felt full. If I were relying on this pump full time my milk production would definitely suffer.

I've since purchased a second Lansinoh manual pump so that I can double pump. It's working fantastically well, so I'm very happy with this solution, but I really wish I hadn't spent the money on the Ameda pump.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2013 1:13 PM PDT

Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Infant
Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush, Infant
Price: $7.19
75 used & new from $3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby loves it!, June 17, 2011
We get lots of compliments on this toy! Baby loves to chew on it and it's held up well to his assaults so far. My only complaint is that the material that it is made of attracts lint/hair/whathaveyou like nobody's business. It's easy to wash off, but I'm sure my baby has eaten a lot of lint off of this toy!

Born Free Teether, Gum Brush, Silicone 1 EA
Born Free Teether, Gum Brush, Silicone 1 EA

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this, but my son didn't., June 17, 2011
My son has been teething for what feels like forever, so I've purchased a pretty wide selection of teething toys.

I really like the look and feel of this toy, but it doesn't seem to be one that my son picks first. I think maybe it's not firm enough for him to sink his teeth into. The bristles really do pick up anything and everything, so if you have pets (or you're a heavy shedder) you'll be washing this toy ALL.THE.TIME! Granted, toys like this are all about personal preference, so your baby may love it!

Teva Women's Westwater 2 Mary Jane
Teva Women's Westwater 2 Mary Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, supportive sandals., June 17, 2011
I love these shoes! I think they are just the right mix of sporty and casual. They look great with anything!

I did find that they run a little large. I usually wear a 9 1/2 or 10, but a 9 fit me perfectly. The sole also gets a little gummy after awhile, so I'd say the ventilation isn't great in the toe area. Sometimes I'll get some dirt in there and it's usually mud by the time I take the shoe off. That said, the soles seem to be made of sturdy material and they're very easy to clean with a damp cloth.

I'm seriously considering purchasing another pair in a different color, if they go on sale.

The Buddy System - Regular Dog
The Buddy System - Regular Dog
Offered by Etailz
Price: $26.00
5 used & new from $19.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, but a little short., June 17, 2011
I have a ~25 lb Jack Russell Terrier who pulls very, VERY hard whenever I try to walk with him. (Yeah, yeah, I know I should teach him not to.) This leash is great for making our walks more enjoyable. It's taken him a little while to learn what he can and can't do (i.e. what gets the leash stuck under his leg), but he's catching on pretty well.

I pretty much max out the waist length, but it's still comfortable. I only wish that the leash were a little longer. Maybe it's because my dog is smaller (shorter), but it doesn't feel like he has very much room to stop and sniff before he's being dragged along behind me. Just another foot would make all the difference, I think.

ERGObaby Teething Pads
ERGObaby Teething Pads
Offered by Kidsland
Price: $15.00
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a necessity!, June 17, 2011
These should be included with every Ergo purchased, in my opinion. Our son is teething (and drooling) like crazy, and when we wash ours and forget to put them back on our Ergo it starts to look stained very quickly. I definitely feel that the sucking pads will extend the life of our Ergo since we won't have to wash it nearly as often.

I do find that when I wash the pads the velcro will often stick to something, no matter how well I think I closed it. I would recommend washing them in a laundry bag to prevent that problem. That said, I've washed mine several times and they're holding up very nicely.

Page: 1 | 2