ARRAY(0x9b744ce4)

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

avidreader RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
LBL Lighting HS472AMSCLEDMPT Cylia - Monopoint Low-Voltage Pendant, Choose Finish: SN: Satin Nickel Finish, Choose Lamping Option: LED
Offered by EliteFixtures
Price: $300.00
6 used & new from $300.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Color looks nothing like the photos!, February 21, 2014
Online photos make this fixture look like a cheerful, sunny iridescent amber. There's one daytime pic from LBL Lighting that even shows a group of them dangling above a dining table and it looks pretty like a sunset.

So imagine our surprise when we opened the box to find a very dark, mostly purple piece of glass. We were expecting iridescent, but the fixture is almost entirely purple and at some angles has a striped look. The only part that looks amber is the inside of the globe. I guess it's a really neat looking light, but completely misrepresented by the pictures online.

It was so unlike the photos that the retailer's customer service department even thought the warehouse must have sent the wrong color (when I sent them a photo showing what we had received). So they ordered a replacement globe from the vendor, but when that arrived it was exactly the same.

It didn't go with the room at all so we sent it back.

Lorell Replacement Chair Tips with Felt
Lorell Replacement Chair Tips with Felt
Offered by Beach Audio
Price: $16.47
10 used & new from $14.26

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great - fit 3/4" legs perfectly - now my chairs are quiet!, February 13, 2014
I searched high and low to find something that was gray/silver and 3/4" to fit my chair legs. The felt on the bottom of these was a bonus.

Also, the bar stools we used them on have slightly curved/bowed legs and there's a "crossbar" (for lack of a better word) very close to the ground, so I was half expecting these not to fit. What I didn't realize is that these are even made of slightly flexible plastic so they conform perfectly to the shape my chair legs.

Now the chairs slide quietly and easily. These are perfect and I'm glad the pack came with extra so I can simply replace whenever one wears out.

It's the little things that count and this was a simple, effective product and a great buy!

Guidecraft Kiddie Rocker Couch (Blue)
Guidecraft Kiddie Rocker Couch (Blue)
Offered by Cymax
Price: $71.53
22 used & new from $71.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going after 8 years and ready for another family, January 27, 2014
Truly built to last! This chair was a gift when our first child was a toddler. Eight years and two kids later, they are finally outgrowing the chair, but it's still in perfect condition, so it will go to another family really soon. We've loved it so much we'll be sad to see it go! This is one of the best purchases ever made for our kids - a good value on a quality item worth every penny and more. Our 30lb dog even took to sleeping on it for awhile and the chair is no worse for the wear. :) Sometimes adults have sat in it with the kids and it is sturdy enough to handle that. It's so rare to be able to find a children's products of such high quality these days. We did put different fabric on the chair soon after buying it (grandma made a replacement zip-off slipcover from IKEA fabric using the original zip-off cover as a pattern), but we stuff it with the same foam and the foam has lasted all this time, too.

7Day Touch Thermostat
7Day Touch Thermostat
Offered by Planet Stuff
Price: $122.95
48 used & new from $59.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So impressed with this thermostat!, September 7, 2013
Wifi access, 7 day programming and a more user friendly programming interface were our top needs when replacing our old thermostat.

Initially we just figured we would get the expensive, but much talked about, Nest. However, when we started reading about its temp swings and sometimes glitchy behavior, which also seems to be fairly common among all "smart" thermostats, we decided we'd rather have reliable control over the unit instead of having a thermostat with a mind of its own.

So we intentionally avoided the competing "smart" products too and instead went for this more affordable and surprisingly well designed Honeywell! The reliable name and the fact that our a/c installers talked about Honeywell's solid customer support also influenced our purchase.

From the first moment I used this thermostat I was incredibly impressed. The touch screen was easy to use without having to read any instructions. Such an intuitive interface was a relief after years of various programmable thermostats that were clunky and confusing with so many buttons to press to set up each day's schedule. With this guy, I had all 7 days (each is different for us) set up in just a few minutes. This alone makes it a great product!

It also has a clean and attractive design that is low profile, yet wide enough to cover the blemished area of the wall where our old thermostat was. With the Nest we surely would have had to patch, which might have detracted from its aesthetics anyway.

The wifi was also easy to set up and we are impressed with the app, too. You can pretty much do everything via the app that you could do if you were standing right in front of the thermostat. When first connecting I think it took 2 tries to get the app and thermostat to "talk to" each other. That was 4 days ago and so far it has worked beautifully since.

We have a second a/c unit and are thinking about buying a second one of these thermostats for that system, but we will give it a few months to be sure it continues to live up to our now high expectations.

**UPDATE**
One month in and we still love this thermostat! Never had a connection problem with it so far. We are contemplating buying a second one for downstairs b/c we're so happy with it.

KAVU Rope Bag
KAVU Rope Bag
Price: $39.95 - $50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless outer pockets and other flaws, June 27, 2013
This review is from: KAVU Rope Bag (Sports)
I'm quite sad to be giving this bag a so-so review, but there's just no ignoring its flaws.

First, it is a nice looking and very high quality bag. The colors of the Kavu bags are always so vibrant and fun.

Also this bag has surprising capacity for its size. I used it on a trip to Disney World for all 5 days and it held everything we needed.

I like that it's easier than a backpack when you know you'll need to access the contents of the bag often while out and about. You can sort of twist the bag around to your front with one hand and access then zippers. And I like being able to clip a water bottle to the rope strap (since it doesn't have a water bottle pocket).

But there are problems. First and most obvious to me was that the outer small zipper pockets are almost useless. The larger one is not even big enough for a cell phone or sunglasses. The width is okay, but lengthwise it's barely long enough to fit credit cards. I keep my cards in a very slim cardholder, but that wouldn't fit. So right off the bat I saw that I could not easily access the items I need to reach most. The other tiny exterior pocket is even less useful. I ended up putting two hair elastics and a tiny tin of mini mints in there. That's about all it can hold.

Also I was surprised to find that it doesn't actually work well to wear the bag over my left shoulder, which I prefer, because it doesn't lay right across the back. It kinda sticks up and is awkward. Instead it must be worn on the right shoulder. I thought I could get used to this, but it drives me a little crazy.

Third, the thick rope strap began to rub my shoulder/neck after the first few hours of wearing the bag during my travels and by day 5 I was having to take it off and on at intervals because of the irritation.

And fourth, because if its uneven weight and lopsided shape, the bag often doesn't hang well on the back of a chair at a restaurant (falls off constantly) and anytime you set it down on a flat surface it falls right over.

Overall I wish I had noticed more of this stuff before my trip so I could have returned it. I really wanted to like this bag, but I'm afraid it's just going to sit in my closet now.

Baggallini Only Bagg
Baggallini Only Bagg
Price: $58.84 - $95.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough structure or organization, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Baggallini Only Bagg (Apparel)
I have owned this bag for over 5 years and have probably only used it a dozen times or less and pretty much grab it for travel only because it's lightweight, but I do not find it very functional for everyday use. It was originally quite expensive so I keep trying to like it, but more than once I've contemplated throwing it into a garage sale pile. Although they seem to have redesigned the interior pockets somewhat, the bag is mostly still the same.

It is really durable and holds quite a lot and I love that it is so lightweight when empty. My problem is that the material is so floppy that it doesn't hold things in well and doesn't perform well when only holding a small amount of stuff because items get completely lost inside. Also, when you try to fish something out of the bag, if it's not full, the sides are constantly falling in on your hands so it is difficult to even see inside and you get confused which pocket you're reaching into. I also wish the large side sections of the bag had different interior colors or something to make them not identical because when I do use this bag I am constantly looking in the wrong side for items that are inside the interior zip pockets and then realizing "oops, that's on the other side."

The bag's lack of structure is as much of an annoyance when the bag is full because the contents shape the bag, instead of the sides of the bag holding in the contents, thus the sides of the bag tend to bulge when it's very full and then it is hard to zip. You have to set it down, use your hands to push in the sides of the bag in order to get it to zip. Only then do the sides of the bag kind of "hold in" the items.

Overall not a good purchase. Disappointing because I generally like Baggallini's designs.

Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver
Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver
Price: Click here to see our price
51 used & new from $30.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Started out great, but suddenly won't hold charge, June 5, 2013
*ANOTHER UPDATE*
It has been 5 months now since the purchase date and Logitech is about to send me a replacement keyboard. Their customer service was polite and efficient and I didn't even have to ask for the replacement. They just asked me a few questions and then immediately asked for a shipping address so they could send a new one, so I was at least impressed with that and am giving them a star back for now to reflect the great customer service. It took me awhile to contact Logitech since my last updated review, and the problem with the keyboard holding a charge only got worse over time. I tried putting it in all different locations in direct sunlight, even leaving it all day long outdoors in direct sunlight on a clear 90-degree day, and nothing seemed to charge the battery enough to last more than 30 min to an hour. Yesterday it only worked for about 10 minutes, so then I left it by a sunny window for the rest of the day and this morning it wouldn't even work at all. I hope this is just a lemon and that the next one will last longer, but I see there have been a few other reviewers with this same problem, so I'm not going to hold my hopes too high.

*UPDATED REVIEW*
Sadly, I have to take back all the wonderful things I said about this product because after 4 months of flawless use, it suddenly doesn't seem to be holding its solar charge well. This started a little over a week ago. I run out of power constantly, at least hourly while trying to work, and have to move it into directly sunlight and leave it there for at least 30 minutes to get it working again, and even after that it doesn't last but an hour at most. I'm not sure what happened to it, but this is very frustrating and I'll be contacting Logitech to see what can be done about it.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I can't remember the last time I made a technology purchase that was so easy and seamless. All I did is plug in the universal receiver on my laptop and voila! It all works. No complaints whatsoever. Keys are a tiny bit louder than my last keyboard, but I quickly got used to it. The feel of the keyboard is good; keys have a nice, sharp "click" to them, which I like. The low profile and slim design made more room on my desk too - not to mention no wires and the universal receiver is so tiny.

Neck Wallet, Black
Neck Wallet, Black
Offered by Sacks & Such
Price: $4.79
3 used & new from $4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, works fine, more comfy strap might be nice, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Neck Wallet
The only way I could suggest improving this product is to make the strap more comfortable, maybe more of a flat shoelace-type string instead of such a thin string. But for the price, this is just fine. We used them at Disney World and also wear them to the pool and swim meets. This pouch fits a lot of stuff! I put my phone in the larger zipper pouch, cash and a credit card in the smaller zipper pouch, ID in the clear part and there's still a ton of room for more miscellaneous little stuff.

DandyCase Neon Green Waterproof Case for Apple iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One, iPod Touch 5 - Also fits other Large Smartphones up to 5.3" Including Galaxy S3, HTC One X/X+, Droid RAZR/MAXX, Nexus 4, EVO 4G LTE, Droid Incredible, LG Optimus G, Nokia Lumia, Droid DNA, Windows Phone 8X - IPX8 Certified to 100 Feet [Retail Packaging by DandyCase]
Offered by 247 Cases (USA Seller)
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, good for the price, June 5, 2013
I didn't want to buy an expensive case just for the pool, and I hate thick cases like Otter Box b/c I like having a slim phone in my pocket or purse. This sleeve is great b/c I can leave my slim Speck case on the iPhone, slide it into this DandyCase, which hangs neatly on my bag, neck or wrist, then head straight to the pool. When swimming time is over, just pop it out and all is back to normal.

I haven't dropped my phone in water (and hope that I don't), but have texted and used my phone to read (Kindle app) with wet hands and plenty of smaller droplets of water have landed on the phone. So far this case has worked beautifully to protect against that sort of thing. Also it keeps the sunscreen from hands off my phone too!

For the most part I can text, type and read on the iPhone screen while it's inside this sleeve. Also I've taken a couple of pictures and they do seem clear (though I haven't made a conscious effort to test this). The only button that is hard to press when it's in the sleeve is the off button, but I can hit it; I just have to put a little effort to move the black clip aside and press the off button on top of the phone. Also, talking on the phone doesn't work all that well when it's in the sleeve; I can dial and hear others though it's a bit muffled, but it seems people can't really hear me at all.

For the price, it was worth it. I don't expect it to last forever, but it does what I need and cheaply enough that I can replace when needed.

Wildkin Big Dots Good Times Rolling Duffel Bag, Aqua
Wildkin Big Dots Good Times Rolling Duffel Bag, Aqua
Price: $61.90
5 used & new from $54.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Very roomy, but wish it had more structure to it, June 5, 2013
My family has owned many Wildkin products, including backpacks and lunch bags. While the size of this bag is great (it holds much more than I thought it would!) and it fit perfectly in the overhead bin when traveling, it has some drawbacks. The bottom of the bag is stiff and sturdy, but the print fabric is thinner than I expected and provides no structure whatsoever to hold the packed items in a particular shape.

If you don't fill the bag up all the way, the items inside shift around a lot. The fabric part collapses completely flat when empty, which is actually kind of nice for storing it away when not in use, but when traveling and actually using it this lack of structure makes the bag awkward to handle and difficult to stack with other luggage. As the items shift around the bulk of the bag does too, sort of like a feather pillow. I also would be worried about checking the bag because everything inside would be smashed flat as a pancake so if you have toiletries that are not well cushioned or surrounded by other hard items (shoes?) for protection they might get pressed and leak. And there are no compartments or pockets at all inside the bag, just a flimsy outside zipper pocket.

When the handle is extended the bag won't stand on end; it falls over. This happens with a lot of rolling duffels though so I don't really mind that.

The wheels do seem like good quality and my child found the bag very easy to wheel around corners, over curbs, etc. Another soft-sided duffel we have from Target is actually slightly better quality than this Wildkin bag in every way except the wheels. The price on this bag was very reasonable and I'd give it 4 stars if only it just had a little shape, structure and sturdiness to it, maybe just from some lining or piping up the sides of the bag? The Wildkin backpack we own is much more structured/sturdier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6