Profile for Brucer > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2006

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brucer RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Orbit 58369 Lawn & Garden 5/8-Inch Male Brass Heavy-Duty Hose Mender
Orbit 58369 Lawn & Garden 5/8-Inch Male Brass Heavy-Duty Hose Mender
Price: $9.56
11 used & new from $2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Will outlast your hose., November 18, 2014
I bought this to replace the end of a hose I use for the flush port on the hull of my boat. I particularly like the rubber collar as it provides a grip when turning the female fitting. No tools required and should be reuseable when the rest of the hose fails.

Winegard DS-3000 J Pipe Mount for Antennas
Winegard DS-3000 J Pipe Mount for Antennas
Price: $22.71
53 used & new from $14.28

5.0 out of 5 stars One tough pipe!, October 28, 2014
It's a pipe so there's not a lot to say about it. It's a sturdy pipe that should support an antenna even in high winds if mounted properly.

Ahmad Tea Rooibos & Cinnamon Infusion, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Ahmad Tea Rooibos & Cinnamon Infusion, 20-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 6)
Price: $20.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, October 28, 2014
I'm not really a tea drinker but I really like this stuff. Good cinnamon flavor and a little bit tart. I drink it straight with no sugar or honey.

Rip Curl Men's A1105 - GUN K55 "Tidemaster" Stainless Steel Gunmetal Watch
Rip Curl Men's A1105 - GUN K55 "Tidemaster" Stainless Steel Gunmetal Watch
Price: $343.28
6 used & new from $339.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Tide Watch but check my photo for true color, October 28, 2014
I bought this watch primarily for easy legibility of the tide indicator as I live on the water and like having that information available at a glance.

As the specs in the description show, this is a big, heavy watch. I like big, heavy watches and this is about as big and as heavy as any I own at 15mm (5/8") thick and a bezel diameter of 44mm (1 3/4") plus the crown. It weighs in at 7.6 oz - just short of half a pound so if you wear this daily one bicep may end up larger than the other! That said, I have a large wrist and I'm used to wearing watches of this size.

The one thing about the description that is decidedly NOT accurate is the color rendition - which is the same as on the Rip Curl website. The color shown (at least as it appears on my monitor and tablet) is a light gray while the actual color is much darker being more of a charcoal gray and in some light almost a deep bronze. I've attached a photo that is pretty accurate - at least on my screen. The dial color shown in the description is about right but, again, a little darker. While the color surprised me when I opened the box I don't have any others that color and I do like it. If it were my one and only watch I might feel differently but this watch adds variety to my collection.

The bracelet has a generous 16 links which is what I need plus the clasp has two adjustment holes allowing for the equivalent of one more link in half link increments. Many watches, even larger ones like this, don't provide enough links for larger wrists so I appreciate their foresight in providing enough.

As I mentioned, the dial is a little darker that I expected but the bright orange hands stand out and are easy to read. I would have preferred to see the minute and hour hands a little thicker but that's just my preference. The minute, hour and tide indicator hands are treated with luminescent paint and glow in the dark if exposed to light beforehand. The screw-down crown provides protection from water but is a little difficult to tighten. I found that pushing in an turning with one fingertip is the best way to get it started.

Another reviewer complained about support not being good after the warranty. There is a 5 year warranty on the movement which is much better than what most other watches offer. They offer one year on the battery but it would hardly be worth the expense to mail it in when doing it locally is usually only about $10. I change my own batteries and gaskets which is not difficult at all.

Lamo Men's M0003 Slipper
Lamo Men's M0003 Slipper
Price: $43.69 - $58.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice - but only for a two months, October 17, 2014
This review is from: Lamo Men's M0003 Slipper (Apparel)
When I first put these on I was very pleased. They warmed up my cold toes and fit perfectly. However, after about a month the fleece lining on the sole was matted and coming of in pieces. At two months they need to be replaced. I didn't expect these to last forever but I was hoping to at least get a year out of them

Komputerbay Dell - Memory - 2 GB - SO DIMM 200-pin - DDR2 - 800 MHz / PC2-6400 - unbuffered - non-ECC MEMORY RAM FOR DELL: Inspiron 13 1318 1410 1420 1501 1510 1520 1525 1526 1545 1720 1721 6000 630m 640m 9400 E1405 E1505 E1705 Mini 12 Mini 9 Latitude D410 D420 D430 D510 D520 D530 D531
Offered by Komputerbay
Price: $22.29
2 used & new from $22.29

Laddie the Superdog a Little Golden Book
Laddie the Superdog a Little Golden Book
by William P. Gottlieb
8 used & new from $5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past!, October 14, 2014
55 years ago I had this book and loved it. I t was a unique kids book because of the trick photography and the fact that the boy in the story is named Bruce (my name!). I'm not sure what made me think of it after all these years but it popped into my mind, I looked it up, and now, thanks to Amazon, I have it again. I'm looking forward to sharing it with the grandkids.

3' x 5' Premium Synthetic Turf. Rubber Backed with Drainage Holes. Fesque Color 46 Ounce.
Offered by bayareaturf
Price: $39.50
3 used & new from $39.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, great quality., October 2, 2014
Much better than anything you'll find at a home center. Soft on the dogs paws and easy to rinse with the drain holes.

Blue Gold Tone Table Lamp Full Range Dimmer Rotary Switch 2 Way
Blue Gold Tone Table Lamp Full Range Dimmer Rotary Switch 2 Way
Offered by uxcell
Price: $5.34
3 used & new from $4.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival, August 27, 2014
Item was DOA. Wouldn't work at all - returned. Not much else to say but I was disappointed that it didn't work. I'll order something different.

iMBAPrice iMBA-PS-25MF 25-Feet Gold Plated 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Female Extension Stereo Audio Cable
Price: $11.99
6 used & new from $10.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made cable, August 17, 2014
Works perfectly with no degradation of sound quality that I can hear. Very convenient to extend headset jack from TV.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20