Profile for Chasten Ruin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 49

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chasten Ruin RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Black
KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder with Stainless Steel Blades, Black
Price: $19.99
86 used & new from $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Messy, hard to clean, inconsistent, guesstimation based grinder., April 17, 2015
See that pile of ground coffee next to the grinder? That's exactly how this grinder operates. It puts coffee everywhere around your grinder. Then you have to hold the entire grinder to pour it into your filter.

How long do you grind for a coarse grind? I dunno, maybe 4 seconds? 5 seconds? It's a crap shoot. You hold it down until it "feels" right. This leads to inconsistency. It's so modern it must be one of those new kinesthetic grinders where you "feel" your way to perfection.

You can buy the Krups, it does the job. It's just not a very efficient or consistent grinder. However, if you end up with an intruder in the middle of the night, this can double as a great blunt force weapon.

Dr. Martens Airwair Usa Llc -- Women's 1461 Lace-Up Fashion Sneaker,Pewter Patent,8 UK/10 M US
Price: $48.87

4.0 out of 5 stars The only shoes whose quality I feel confident buying online..., April 17, 2015
Love these shoes! Only issue is they are a little narrow but other than that they fit like a glove and the color is great.

If you are a guy, order a size 1 up from normal. I wear a 9 normally, but needed to get a size 10 on these shoes for the fit I wanted.

Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection [HD]
Star Wars: The Digital Movie Collection [HD]
DVD
Price: $89.99

1.0 out of 5 stars With special pricing by Nute Gunray..., April 7, 2015
$89!?!?!?!?

$8.99 each, sure. I'd pay that and consider that a premium price. $89 for 6 movies is a complete rip off, especially for a digital only copy with 2 downloads. You can buy the physical Blu-Ray media, with a download, for cheaper.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2015 10:39 AM PDT

Dr. Martens Men's Saxon 3989 Wingtip Oxford
Dr. Martens Men's Saxon 3989 Wingtip Oxford
Price: $93.64 - $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Shoes. Ever., March 12, 2015
These are the only type of shoes I've bought for the last 25 years. They are quite simply the best bang for the buck. They are comfortable (after breaking them in for a week of hell) and last for years. They are great both socially and for work. I've never completely worn a pair out, I just get to a point where it feels like maybe I should get another pair. It's usually 2 years after the last pair and because I want a different color or style. Not to mention, the cute women tend to compliment me on my shoes much more.

If you cant afford a Ferrari, you can at least buy a pair of Docs.

Vandor 99068 Star Wars Yoda 18 oz Oval Ceramic Mug, Green
Vandor 99068 Star Wars Yoda 18 oz Oval Ceramic Mug, Green
Price: $10.50
37 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 12, 2015
The Force is with me every morning. Thank you Master Yoda.

Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold - PC
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold - PC
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $6.32
26 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I've put hundreds of hours into this game and I still get excited playing it..., March 12, 2015
If you like deep strategy and empire building games, this one will make your brain seize and cramp.

You're going to quit and restart over and over and over again. Youll either blow up your economy with insane debt, piss off your friends who keep trying to bail your deficit spending ass out with cash, or invite the strong militaristic regimes who notice you are weak and declare war. You'll get frustrated. You'll play for days before realizing as you are looking through submenus, OMG I can adjust that? Then it's all going to start clicking.

The learning curve is pretty high, but when you start sending columns of tanks, drones and stealth bombers down to Mexico and Central America like a locomotive of death and destruction, you're hooked. Then you start figuring out how to use navies. Then this game makes crack seem non-addictive. Entire weekends will disappear and you still wont have Metal Storm Weapons Pods and Stirling Solar Generators.

This game is a joy to play for deep strategy nuts. If you're that kind of gamer, then you have to get this game. There is no instant gratification and flashy graphics here, you have to work for everything. That makes it more enjoyable in my opinion.

The Man in the High Castle [HD]
The Man in the High Castle [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars "He only understands the world he can see.", January 17, 2015
Better than I could have ever expected for an adaptation of one of my favorite books of all time. Truly an amazing first episode on every level, devoted lovingly to the world depicted in the source material and executed flawlessly. The depictions of the cultural styles between Eastern and Western cultures in an America torn asunder are just as revelatory on screen as they are in print.

This show has the chance to become a cultural phenomenon. It's an easy decision to order a full season.

Speed House Gourmet Dark Addiction - Whole Coffee Beans - 2.2lb Bag - Rare Dark Addiction Blend! Highest Quality Delicious Dark Blend Coffee Beans, Love It Or Its Free!
Offered by Life Made Better
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark Addiction is a surprisingly excellent cup of coffee, November 18, 2014
Dark Addiction is a surprisingly excellent cup of coffee. I needed a stopgap between my regular coffee subscription and decided to take a flyer on Dark Addiction and was really blown away with what I got.

It's a very rich, full flavor coffee that is very smooth and holds its own against some of the best coffees in the world. It has the strong, dark roast flavor that I've craved but has been so elusive to find. That was probably the most eye opening aspect of this blend.

I cant give it a full 5 stars though for a couple of reasons. For one, it's really not that competitively priced compared to other roasters. I actually paid more than I do my normal coffee, and maybe its partly personal preference, but while good it still isn't at the same level of mastery of a cup of Prodomo or Gran Filtro Dark. It's quite good, like better than a majority of the coffees youll find, and let me tell you that's a serious accomplishment, but its not artisinal. You can still find qualitatively better coffee for a lower price.

Make no mistake though, Dark Addiction is very good coffee. It's not quite elite, but its better than a vast majority of roasts in the wild. It's even better than some of the marketing driven whiz-bang blends in the designer bags. I would probably order it more regularly if the price were more competitive.

KontrolFreek FPS Freek Ultra - PS4
KontrolFreek FPS Freek Ultra - PS4
Offered by KontrolFreek
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It could work for you, but it didn't for me, November 7, 2014
I got it and was excited, but it didn't really improve my game (or my aim). I ended up taking them off because the extension of my thumb led to some of the most painful hand cramps I've ever had.

Some people swear by them, but I just didn't really see any improvement and felt like I had better control (and more comfort) without them.

Supreme Ruler - Cold War [Download]
Supreme Ruler - Cold War [Download]
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore strategy game for hardcore strategy nerds, November 7, 2014
You have to be a certain kind of strategy nut to appreciate this game and what it is capable of actually doing. If you want big explosions, cut-scenes and a story driven narrative, this game is not for you.

If you want a game where you shape the direction and strategy of a nation's military, economic, diplomacy, and technological development and enjoy micro managing these details while waging a diplomatic war, that very well may turn violent (so far, I've found it is not easy to stay out of war), then this is the game you want to play.

You'll realize just how difficult it can really be to grow a nation, militarily develop it, technologically upgrade it, outflank your enemies (by any means necessary) and keep it profitable without going into an abyss of debt or pissing off the entire world.

Honestly, this game is really good. You just have to be ready to play it. If you're not one of those guys who stayed up 36 hours straight to play any version of Civilization you probably wont enjoy it. If you are, then there is a lot to love about this game. As an old skool gamer who used to play Supremacy games that lasted 6 months long with a bunch of nerds in the 80s, this gives me the same satisfaction and a whole new level of realness without trying to get a bunch of married middle aged dudes together to relive my childhood.

I enjoy Supreme Ruler: 2020 more (there's cooler technologies) but this game has the novelty of the Cold War and that is even more appealing considering current events in Europe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5