Profile for Donna G. Thompson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Donna G. Thompson RSS Feed (USA)

Silence
Silence
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
It definitely had a good story line but a lot of details were left unfinished and very poor writing, like a 10 year old wrote it, lacking in detail, barely scraping by to keep the reader occupied, pluses the story is rushed way to fast.

-justareader

Wash The Dishes
Wash The Dishes
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars wast of time!, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Wash The Dishes (App)
Ok so if you are downloading this just to see what it is I will tell you, you swipe your finger across the screen for thirty seconds while a overly cute fish makes annoying sounds, save your time!

Ultimate I Spy - Nintendo Wii
Ultimate I Spy - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Bargains Direct
Price: $15.75
71 used & new from $0.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun, but......, January 1, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The game was fun enough that we stuck with it for the day it took to complete it. I had a couple of issues with it though. I purchased it for my very detail oriented 5 year old. My expectations were not high since I got it for $10 out of the Wal-Mart bargain bin - at the very bottom no less. He really loved looking for the items but we almost immediately discovered this is not a game he can play on his own. Most notably he was frustrated by the hard to complete mini games. First and foremost, many of the mini games seemed incredibly glitchy - even on our brand new system and remotes. Beyond that, when we finally did figure out how to force the mini games to work, it was frustrating that if you didn't complete a particularly tricky game on the first try, you lost all credit for progress made and had to start back at the beginning.

Another problem we had was that within the main games some of the items were hidden in dark shadowy corners and you couldn't actually see them until you accidentally clicked on them and then they were highlighted. After googling for clues to find a few seemingly impossible to find items, I realized that randomly clicking dark spaces very often solved the problem.

So my son and I worked through it together and we finished it and had a good time. it was certainly worth the money I paid, but I'd probably would have been annoyed if I had paid the $20+ Amazon is selling them for.

Melissa & Doug Cook's Corner Wooden Kitchen
Melissa & Doug Cook's Corner Wooden Kitchen
Price: $95.53
51 used & new from $73.32

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, compact, difficult to assemble, December 28, 2010
Like most reviewers I am happy with this kitchen set. It is compact and overall seems pretty durable - although I give the faucet two weeks tops before it is snapped in half. I was fortunate that all the pieces were properly marked and free of dings and scratches.

It was, however, a giant pain in the be-hind to assemble. I have put together more than my share of boxed furniture, and this was by far the most difficult. It took me close to three hours. It would have been much easier with another set of hands, but my husband had to keep the little ones out of sight since they woke up long before the job was complete. The directions were fairly straight forward, but too often failed to clearly indicate which side was up on a given piece. Even though I am fully aware of this issue in assembling furniture and looked for clues to guide me, I still guessed wrong a couple of times and had to undo my work and start the steps over. Usually the side with letter i.d. label is the back, but that wasn't always the case with this assemble. And about those labels - several of them did not come off cleanly and left gooey smudges on visible areas of the piece - not a big deal except when you a frantically trying to finish the job to get Christmas morning started.

All that said - when it was all done it turned out to be a really sturdy, cute, fun and functional piece of play furniture. I'm glad we bought it, but I wish I'd had a heads up that it would take so long to assemble.

UPDATE: Another reviewer mentioned how annoying it is that the sink bowl doesn't stay attached - in her case because the bowl gets lost around the house. Yep - very, very annoying - except at my house it is because my toddler likes to crawl on top of the piece and shimmy into the hole where the sink should be and get herself stuck 15 times a day. :0)

On a positive note, the faucet hasn't broken yet - knock on MDF.

Update #2 It took a little longer than I thought it would, but 47 days after being put into service, the faucet has been snapped off at the base by my 18 month old little girl.