Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for John > Reviews

Browse

John's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John RSS Feed

Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop
Lenovo Y580 15.6-Inch Laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be a very nice laptop, December 24, 2012
I have had the computer for only a couple days now, but so far I am very impressed. It is very fast, and the two USB 3.0 drives are really, really fast when paired with a USB 3.0 external drive. For me, the most impressive thing is how "cool" the computer is - as in temperature. After a couple hours of battery use, there is maybe one small spot on the bottom of the computer that is slightly over room temperature. The rest of the computer - you would hardly know the computer has been running from holding it. That's a big change from all the other (admittedly older) laptops I have used, which create a ton of heat regardless of what you are doing.

The lack of extraneous heat probably is what gives the computer the nice battery life - I haven't taken it down to zero battery and timed it, but I still have significant battery after 3 or 4 hours of use. My Galaxy Tab gets hotter when I use it to surf. Kudos to Intel/Lenovo for the efficiency.

The lack of 5 stars is due to a pretty significant cosmetic defect - a one cm crack in the front of the case. But functionally, I have nothing but praise for this laptop so far.