Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM
Profile for A. Gruenenwald > Reviews

Browse

A. Gruenenwald's Profile

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Gruenenwald RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Altura Photo Professional Flash Kit for NIKON DSLR - Includes: I-TTL Flash (AP-N1001), Wireless Flash Trigger Set and Accessories
Offered by Digital Goja
Price: $124.99
2 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Unit, January 12, 2016
Very happy with this flash unit. It performs very well and for less than half the price Nikon wants to charge for their cheapest unit. Plus it comes with the wireless remote flash accessories which all work wonderfully.

EMB Professional EB21CD DJ Turntable With Remote - CD/MP3 Player - PLL Radio / Aux In / Clock Alarm / USB / SD Encoding For Home DJ Performance Club Bar Pub Studio Stage Show Entertainment
Offered by AUDIO WATT STORE
Price: $149.99

1.0 out of 5 stars A real stinker of a product., October 20, 2015
Functionality: First and foremost the unit I received does NOT include an integrated cassette player, contrary to the product description here and the operating manual that came with it which describes one. This turntable also does NOT include a stereo speaker or internal amplifier, so you either have to have an external amplifier or listen using headphones. Additionally, the turntable I received does not respond to the remote control at all (I have verified the remote control does work). You have to re-program the clock every time you turn the unit off and on (not unplugging, just turning it off and on). That's pretty lame seeing as how it does remember the radio station presets. Lastly, the "strobe" light to check the turntable speed does not strobe at all. All of these issues I place squarely on the manufacturer and not the seller, who worked very hard with me to address my concerns.

Construction: I expected a product that touts itself as "professional" to be constructed of something a little more beefy than just a lightweight plastic box. In fact, the construction and style of this turntable remind me of the Encore Technology 3CD Stereo System With Turntable I bought this turntable to replace. I do, however, really like the compact-ness of this unit which is the main reason I picked it over other similar units for sale.

The turntable itself is nice, and FM turner and CD player function as expected. Have not yet tested the card reader or USB inputs.

UPDATE 1/12/16: I have confirmed that the turntable outputs mono sound only (right channel) so I've dropped this from 2 to 1 stars. It fails to perform properly for everything I bought it for.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 10:57 PM PDT

IOGEAR 4 Port VGA KVM PS2 Switch and USB (GCS1724)
IOGEAR 4 Port VGA KVM PS2 Switch and USB (GCS1724)
Price: Click here to see our price
123 used & new from $81.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied!, October 14, 2015
Very Satisfied! I bought this to replace the Belkin 4-Port SOHO KVM VGA & PS2 / USB Switch (Belkin SOHO KVM Cables Included), F1DS104J I bought 3 years ago and has always been a little flaky. The IOGear is nice, heavy construction so cables won't pull it off the table. I have a mix of machines from Windows 98 to Windows 7, PS/2 and USB all sharing a USB keyboard and mouse. Have found no issues so far--everything works great. Cables are convenient with 1xUSB and 2xPS/2 on each one so no need for adapters, and they don't include audio I/O that I don't need like the Belkin does. The only minor issue I've discovered so far is using this KVM, a keyboard press or mouse click no longer wakes my IBM ThinkCentre from sleep mode, and sometimes the nice clean "beep" when you switch ports becomes a noise-filled "beesheshesheep".

NETGEAR Powerline 500 1-Port Extra Outlet Essentials Edition Starter Kit (XAVB5421)
Price: $49.99
47 used & new from $30.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Curious little devices. Hope your power lines are quiet., October 13, 2015
I've been using these for about a month now. They are either very sensitive to line noise or my power lines have more noise on them from external sources (outside my house) than inside. I set adapter 1 near my router and went around the house with adapter 2 trying to find a good outlet. The initial outlet I picked had the Pick-A-Plug LED green 90% of the time. During the next two week or so it migrated to amber to finally red 90% of the time, even though during this time ABSOLUTELY NOTHING changed in my house. I have full control over the electrical devices here and nothing was added, moved, or removed. I tried installing a couple of X10 and INSTEON filters but they had zero effect. The only thing that could have changed was OUTSIDE of my house. At this point I decided to try a different outlet for adapter 1 and voila! Solid green ever since. However I'd like to note that even when the Pick-A-Plug LED was amber (meaning 50-80MBps) these adapters were still faster than my supposed 114MBps wireless adapter I had been using. I do get occasional "server not found" errors while browsing but I cannot say if it's because of these devices losing connection with each other or my cable modem being quirky. Yes they block both plugs on a wall outlet. Get over it. Buy a power strip. I am happy with the performance I am getting (now). Only thing better would be an actual wired connection.

Casio fx-260 SOLAR Scientific Calculator, Black
Casio fx-260 SOLAR Scientific Calculator, Black
Price: $8.97
267 used & new from $1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-purpose calculator, December 18, 2014
Excellent all-purpose calculator to have for office or home. I just wish Casio would make a battery-powered version of this for low-light situations.

Toshiba Consumer, DVD Recorder/VCR Combo (Catalog Category: DVD Players & Recorders / DVD Recorders)
Offered by DiscountsJungle
Price: $204.95
4 used & new from $204.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality on the finished product, but has some quirks., December 18, 2014
Signal output from the device no matter the source (VCR, DVD, L1 and L2) to my TV via HDMI lacks contrast and is washed out (blacks are dark gray, white is light gray). Component video has better contrast but is still washed out.

The VCR's picture quality seems to be of lower quality than a SONY unit I have so I've been hooking my SONY up to L2 and recording that way. Have transferred half a dozen VHS tapes to DVD this way. The quality of the recorded DVD is excellent, or at least as good as it can be from a VHS source; the DVD's I've made are indistinguishable from the original VHS tapes. Have not yet used the internal VCR to make a DVD so I cannot compare the output quality in that respect.

My LG DVD player does not recognize the custom chapter marks I make with the unit. Have not yet tried playback on other devices.

Do not know why some people say the unit is cryptic or confusing to use. I spot-read a few key sections of the manual and referred back to it a couple times at first, but aside from that the unit is easy enough to use.

So, in summary: excellent quality on the finished product, but has some quirks.

Lavolta Elevated Riser Platform Shelf Stand for 15" to 27" Monitor Screen Display LCD TV Flat Panel Computer All-in-One PC - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 27, 2014
I like this product a lot. I have it holding up around 20 lbs of electronics over my workbench and so far it's held up. Just the right size. For a fancy piece of plastic the price is ridiculous though (I paid around $133 total). Amazon.co.uk has the same item for around $40 USD. Almost worth having a friend in the UK buy it and give him the money to ship it to me. Would be cheaper.

Analog-Digital Trainer Single Board
Analog-Digital Trainer Single Board

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some issues but can't complain too much for the price, July 27, 2014
Not a bad product for the price. Has all the basics you might need for circuit design with a few issues: 1) it lacks an on-off switch which would have REALLY been nice (plugging and unplugging that DIN power connecter is a pain), 2) upon arrival the shaft on the "amplitude" pot was broken so the pot had to be replaced, 3) the circuit board thickness could be higher to support aggressive work on the breadboards (for example. the Professional Development Board for the Parallax Basic Stamp is 0.1 inches thick and is nice and solid), finally, the fact that when not being used the logic indicator lights flicker and flash is a really strange circuit design. I understand the designers wanted to be cute and have bi-color LEDs to indicate two logic levels, but they should have tied the inputs to GND with 10k resistors or something. Normally logic indicator LED in prototyping stations don't flicker and fluctuate if you're not using them. Thank goodness there's an on-off switch for them.

What I do like is the +9VDC power supply rather than a more typical +12VDC (my designs typically use 9V rather than 12V). I also like that the breadboards are laid out horizontally rather than the more typical vertical layout.

Getting Started with Arduino
Getting Started with Arduino
by Massimo Banzi
Price: $14.99
66 used & new from $0.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic and slightly out-dated, January 9, 2014
Very, very basic book aimed at people new to electronics and microcontrollers. The book is slightly out-dated (the current Arduino Uno comes with an LED tied to pin 13 so you don't have to build the blinking light circuit). It teaches you just enough to make you realize you need a better book to do anything worth while. I suggest buying Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches instead.

Panasonic KX-TCA400 Over The Head Headset
Panasonic KX-TCA400 Over The Head Headset
Price: $13.33
160 used & new from $2.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic headnet, January 3, 2014
I guess this works pretty good. I was talking to someone and in mid conversation switched from my handset to the headset and they said they didn't even notice any difference. To me that says they must work good. Volume is also good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5