Profile for ED BAXTER (RYDELLHS@AOL.COM) > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ED BAXTER (RYDELLHS@AOL.COM) RSS Feed (QUEENS, NY USA)

Caddyshack
Caddyshack
DVD ~ Chevy Chase
58 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MOVIE, AWFUL DVD TRANSFER!, June 25, 1999
This review is from: Caddyshack (DVD)
IN ACTUALITY I WOULD GIVE THIS FILM A 5 STAR RATING AS A COMEDY. I HELD OUT FOR OVER A YEAR HOPING THAT WARNER BRO. WOULD PUT OUT A WIDESCREEN EDITION OF THE FILM. ANYWAY MY VHS COPY WAS SO WORN OUT AND OLD THAT I FIGURED AT WORST THE DVD WOULD AT LEAST LOOK SOMEWHAT BETTER. OH BOY!, WAS I WRONG. THIS DVD LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE! THE SOUND IS AVERAGE AT BEST, BUT THE PICTURE IS TERRIBLE. THE PRINT LOOKS SO WASHED OUT AT POINTS THAT I REALLY HAD TO WONDER IF ANY EFFORT HAD BEEN PUT INTO THE PRODUCTION OF THIS DVD. NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT THERE IS REALLY NO EXTRAS OTHER THAN A HORRIBLE LOOKING TRAILER. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND STILL CONSIDERING GETTING THIS DVD JUST TO HAVE A COPY OF THE FILM, DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF. NEXT YEAR YOU'VE GOT TO FIGURE THAT WARNER BROS. WILL PUT OUT A RESPECTABLE 20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. IN ANY EVENT STEER CLEAR OF THIS DISASTER, I WISH THAT I WOULD HAVE! JUST A REMINDER- THE MOVIE ITSELF IS AWSOME, IT'S JUST THIS DVD EDITION THAT IS AWFUL.

Ace Frehley
Ace Frehley
Price: $4.99
84 used & new from $2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars UNQUESTIONABLY THE BEST OF THE SOLO ALBUMS, March 3, 1999
This review is from: Ace Frehley (Audio CD)
I LOVE THIS CD, I ACTULLY LOVED IT WHEN I HAD IT ON 8 TRACK TAPE IN THE 70'S. THE SONGS ARE PURE ROCK AND THE GUITAR WORK IS FANTASTIC. SOMETIMES SPACEY, BUT ALWAYS FUN. ALTHOUGH PAUL STANLEY'S SOLO EFFORT ISN'T A TOTAL LOSS, MOST OF THE MATERIAL THAT IT CONTAINS SOUNDS OUTDATED. WITH CHEESY BALLADS AND LAME ATTEMPTS AT ROCK ANTHEMS. IT HASN'T STOOD THE TEST OF TIME THE WAY FREHLEY'S ALBUM DID. GENE SIMMONS AND PETER CRISS SOULD HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO KEEP THEIR ALBUMNS OUT OF PRINT, BOTH ARE MISGUIDED, BORING, AND VERY HARD TO LISTEN TO(ESPECIALLY PETER'S). BESIDES FEELING THAT THIS DISC IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER SOLO ALBUMNS, I THINK IT IS BETTER THAN ANY OF THE KISS ALBUMNS THAT FOLLOWED IT, FROM DYNASTY TO PSYCHO CIRCUS. ACE'S VERSION OF "NEW YORK GROOVE" ALONE MAKES THIS ALBUMN WORTH OWNING. I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT I AM A HUGE KISS FAN AND THIS REVIEW COMES STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

Rock 'n' Roll High School/DVD
Rock 'n' Roll High School/DVD
DVD ~ P.J. Soles

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY, A RESPECTABLE COPY OF R-N-R HIGH SCHOOL!, February 13, 1999
I HAVE A COPY OF THIS MOVIE ON VHS THAT CAME OUT IN THE EARLY 80'S AND EVEN WHEN IT WAS NEW, IT STILL LOOKED WASHED OUT AND SOUNDED MUDDY. THIS NEW DIGITALLY REMASTERED VERSION LOOKS AND SOUND TERRIFIC. IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE RAMONES, OR EVEN JUST THE MOVIE, YOU WILL BE THRILLED WITH ALL OF THE VERY COOL EXTRAS THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED. IF YOU ARE A TRUE RAMONES FAN, LIKE MYSELF, THEN YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF TO GET A COPY OF THIS DVD!