Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for D. C. Staley > Reviews

Browse

D. C. Staley's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. C. Staley RSS Feed (Peoria, IL USA)

Ridgid R4510 Heavy-Duty Portable Table Saw with Stand
Ridgid R4510 Heavy-Duty Portable Table Saw with Stand
Price: $729.99
3 used & new from $566.58

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, March 12, 2012
A part fell off of my table saw stand, and Ridgid customer service replied that they do not cover the stand under the "Lifetime" warranty- it is covered for three years, and none of the parts are available. Without the part I'm in need of, the table saw stand will collapse without warning, making it extremely dangerous. Ridgid wasn't interested. I'll buy a Bosch or about any competitor next time, never again a Ridgid.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 8:06 PM PDT

Williams 11692 5-Piece Metric Double Head Flare Nut Wrench Set
Williams 11692 5-Piece Metric Double Head Flare Nut Wrench Set
Price: $63.19
3 used & new from $45.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Made In Taiwan, January 9, 2012
The wrenches seem to be well made, with a matte shot blasted finish but do not expect them to be like the American made JH Williams or Snap-On tools you may be familiar with, these are made in Taiwan and are not of the same caliber. If you're looking for decent get-me-by wrenches, they will work OK but don't expect them to be the go-to set for daily use.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 6, 2015 10:37 PM PST

How to Rebuild & Modify Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors (S-a Design)
How to Rebuild & Modify Rochester Quadrajet Carburetors (S-a Design)
by Cliff Ruggles
Price: $19.47
71 used & new from $15.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Quadrajet book you can buy, September 10, 2009
I have four books on Quadrajets, including the old (now out-of-print) Doug Roe book and the David Vizard book on carburetors, and this is the first book you should buy. The Vizard book is good and includes some extra information, but this one is a must. It goes into detail on every circuit, one-by-one, and explains how they work, when they need to be modified (if it's needed) to calibrate for non-stock applications, and how to make the changes. It honestly turns the voodoo into scientific, repeatable parameters you can adjust on purpose to get the results you need.

Bosch 35618 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Brute Tough Drill/Driver Kit
Bosch 35618 18-Volt 1/2-Inch Brute Tough Drill/Driver Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so impressed so far, March 21, 2008
I bought this today from Lowe's when the battery in my Craftsman 19.2V drill died pretty quickly. I've had the Craftsman drill for four years now and I know it's disposable as I only paid $80 or so for it, so I expected more from the Bosch after paying $240 (+ tax) for it.

The high/low transmission is my major beef with this drill. Today I was installing a new door in my home which required a little bit of framing work, and when I tried to shift the drill from high gear to low (not while running of course) it would often fail to switch- the selector was in the low speed position, but it spun at full speed (not great when trying to drive a heavy deck screw) and of course lacked control and torque. Revving it a couple times usually somehow caused it to complete the shift. It did this many times. It often popped out of position (into Neutral between the high and low speeds) and sometimes the selector didn't seem to want to engage in either position. The transmission often makes an odd sound when the trigger is released. Also, when it started to get dark out I noticed that the drill sparks a lot more than any other tool I own- often the sparks flew out the side of the vent slots!

It had pretty good power and although the battery didn't last long, NiCad batteries usually need a few cycles before they're really up to full strength. The charger did charge both batteries quickly. The chuck seemed OK too.

I have several other Bosch (high end jig saw, palm sander, worm drive circular saw), Milwaukee (1/2" Magnum drill, 9" grinder, two 4-1/2" grinders, sawzall, portaband), and DeWalt (3/8" angle drill) tools, so I'm used to quality yet this one just didn't seem up to the same level as the others. I plan to return it tomorrow and try a Milwaukee, Hitachi, or maybe a DeWalt instead. After being so impressed with my other Bosch tools, I'm disappointed that it didn't quite measure up.