Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 141

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Predestination [Blu-ray]
Predestination [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ethan Hawke
Price: $9.99
42 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradox explained, July 20, 2015
This review is from: Predestination [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is an excellent movie. It follows the Heinlein story fairly closely, with a few twists at the end. It does a great job showing how time travel could be used - and the paradoxes that could result from it. Hawke's did a great performance. Its full of action sequences, is well directed, and very memorable.

The Utterly Uninteresting and Unadventurous Tales of Fred, the Vampire Accountant
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I ran across Mr. Hayes writing originally in a ..., July 11, 2015
I ran across Mr. Hayes writing originally in a collection of different authors - but his story stood out so sharply that I immediately went and and located some books he had penned. These are short stories, and are in a somewhat humorous vein. They are fashioned around an accountant who becomes a vampire. But still prefers the way he dressed before and instead of hunting the night for victims just buys whole blood - something few of us would think of if we were in that position. In many ways Hayes reminds me of Spider Robinson - try one and see what you think.

Super Powereds: Year 3
Super Powereds: Year 3
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this writer - I have yet to find a ..., July 11, 2015
I like this writer - I have yet to find a story he wrote that I did not enjoy. This is the 3rd in a series, and while its not necessary to first read the other two, you will enjoy it more if you do. This continues to follow a group of people who are in college and a program that teaches them to be heroes - such as you find in Comic Books. For reasons they don't really go into, only a limited amount of people can eventually attain 'hero status'. Different powers and ways to use those powers are presented. If you ever thought you might like to fly, be really good at hand to hand combat, or be super strong, you would likely enjoy this. As much fun as that is - its the character's interaction that is the most enjoyable. The pace is fast moving and does not bog down anywhere. If you have enjoyed any of the recent movies based on comics, then you would be an ideal audience for these books - and this writer.

Galaxy S5: The Missing Manual
Galaxy S5: The Missing Manual
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars for example - very useful. And many other things that I did not ..., July 3, 2015
This book should come with the phone! I know - phones and electronics no longer come with instruction books. If your looking at this your interested in learning to use your phone more efficiently. And it does that job admirably. I had an S3 for a couple of years before getting an S5 active - and this showed me several things I did not know you could do. Different ways to write messages by dragging your finger, for example - very useful. And many other things that I did not know it was capable of. If your considering getting a book, I seriously recommend this one. Its large and is filled with numerous pictures so its easy to follow.

WIRED
WIRED
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife recommend this book to me - and she was correct, July 3, 2015
This review is from: WIRED (Kindle Edition)
My wife recommend this book to me - and she was correct! (Sure, its hard to argue with her taste as she married me). This is one of the best books I have read. If I were going to compare him to another writer who also uses correct science it would more Arthur C. Clarke than Michael Crichton, although at times there is something of the flavor of either or both. The pace never gets bogged down, but varies from steady to very fast. The main characters are developed, and show growth as the book progresses - something that is rare. It is well written, suspenseful, and a bestseller - I am glad of the latter but place little faith in the quality of the book from that alone. There is a plot that holds your attention, action, even some romance. I highly recommend this book.

OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM BMW CAN-bus edition
OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM BMW CAN-bus edition
Offered by Fenders Cycle and Motorsport, Inc.
Price: $80.91
13 used & new from $80.91

5.0 out of 5 stars ... same issues (4 x so far - I can't recommend BMW). In contrast, June 29, 2015
This device works well - bought it for a BMW GS that continues to have the same issues (4 x so far - I can't recommend BMW). In contrast, this device is easy to use - comes programmed for a CAN/BUS type machine - although its easy to change. It has a powerlet socket termination but it also comes with a set of cables that clip to the battery terminals - Just unplug the powerlet and attach the clip on cables.

Super Powereds: Year 2
Super Powereds: Year 2
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Science Fiction with a heart, June 29, 2015
Hayes is very talented. This takes a group of people and follow their lives through their second year of college - where they are also involved in a program to develop heroes. I had a harder time putting this aside than I normally do, as I became involved with the characters and wanted to see what would happen next. The way in which the characters change and grow through the series keeps one's attention. There are 5 main protagonists and it really seems like it would fit well in the school where the X-Men reside. Adding a bit of interest is that each years class is smaller than the previous one, so you either get better or are left behind, with little or no chance of going further. If you like good science fiction you will likely find this one enjoyable to read.

LSE Lighting compatible UV Bulb Lamp 18W for Honeywell UC18W1004
LSE Lighting compatible UV Bulb Lamp 18W for Honeywell UC18W1004
Offered by LightShopDirect
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is an easy change form the factory one that needed replacement, June 25, 2015
This bulb works. It is an easy change form the factory one that needed replacement. I expect it will last as long as that one did.

Galaxy S5 Active Case, SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (SM-G870A Water and Shock Resistant Version Smartphone), Frost Clear/Black [Not Fit Samsung Galaxy S5 Regular Version and Galaxy S5 Sport Version]
Offered by BrilloTech
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $14.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Great protection for your phone!, June 18, 2015
This case is easy to apply and fits over the Luvvitt Tempered glass screen protector. It is designed to that the screen does not sit directly on whatever you sit it on. Its sticky enough to make sliding more difficult - the naked phone is fairly slick, although not as much as a regular S5. Still, I would prefer the black edging to be sticker - although in truth I have had no issues with it. The edge of the phone has molded in grooves which work well. The back is translucent (And is flexible - not sure you can make something like that totally transparent) so that the colour of the back does show through. An excellent case that I would buy again.

LUVVITT® Samsung Galaxy S5 TEMPERED GLASS Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - Crystal Clear (Only for Galaxy S5 ACTIVE - not compatible with regular S5)
Offered by Luvvitt
Price: $12.99
3 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding protection for your phone!, June 18, 2015
This is the first time I have used glass to protect the glass of a phone. And I have used it for a month or so. The clarity of the screen is greater than the plastic film. It is very easy to apply - easier than plastic, in fact. And yes, it can be repositioned. It does not interfere with at least the Supcase Uniform Beetle model, and I don't believe it would with any. It is more prone to glare, but its easy enough to get into a shadow. Very good design which I recommend highly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15