Profile for Ethan Winning > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 300

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ethan Winning "Ethan Winning" RSS Feed (Walnut Creek, CA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fun Lavie 18 Pieces Design Smart Wire Cable Drop Clip Line Ties Organizer Holder Line Fixer!!
Offered by Fun Lavie
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I have all the USB, power, and charging cables organized and (relatively) neat, February 24, 2015
Finally, I can hang the numerous wires behind my desk and with one zip tie bundle them together. I have one mini-USB charging cable that I leave on my desk. It kept falling off, and I'd have to fish it out from the rest by leaning over the backl of my desk and stretching to get it. With one of these stuck to the top back of the desk, that will no longer be a problem. Love them.

SureSport Ultra 8 Compression Foot / Ankle Sleeve (L/XL)
SureSport Ultra 8 Compression Foot / Ankle Sleeve (L/XL)
Offered by Bracemart LLC
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Although it fit, it didn't do much good, February 24, 2015
It fit my 10˝ foot size, but became uncomfortable after four hours or so. Further it did not help my ankles. After two hours of walking trails in the hills near our home, overall my feet were fatigued and my arches ached. I had a foam rubber compression sock about 10 years ago that worked much better. Unfortunately, I lost it and can't find a replacement.

Moxie Classic
Moxie Classic
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Once You've Peaked, The Game Can Become Tiresome, February 24, 2015
This review is from: Moxie Classic (App)
The first 10 or so times I played, I really liked it and would have given the game 5 stars. However, after having all my scores over 1,400, it was darn near impossible to improve on them, and the game became (almost) tedious. While I have never missed a day in two years of playing their 7 Little Words, and the past six months of Red Herring, I've been skipping this for most of the week.

Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Price: $146.72

5.0 out of 5 stars We've Proved That You Can Avoid Plaque and Gum Problems With the Sonicare!, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Sonicare toothbrushes for almost 15 years. Five years ago, I bought two of the first "slim" Sonicares (one for my wife), and for the first time in a long life, I breezed through my six month checkup without any plaque! Cavities haven't been much of a problem, but after 60 my gums needed tending to, and the Sonicare DiamondClean was the answer. We bought TWO at Costco for $119 for both. Our gums are no longer receding, and when my battery started dying a couple of weeks ago, I got this Flexcare Plus.

The brushes are slightly different, but the replacements for the Flexcare will fit all the rest of the four slim models (I use "slim" to refer to the thickness of the handle). Brushes don't last three months, and they are rather expensive. (Costco again has the best prices for six.)

I would opt for the Flexcare Plus over other models because this has a "Massage" setting in addition to the Diamoncare's "Sensitive." It is even better for the gums, and now I will be buying my wife this model.

We have bought our "kids" Sonicares because they have each experienced gum issues. Neither has had a problem with plaque since they switched (one from a manual, and one from an Oral-B electric).

Does Sonicare really make a difference? It certainly does, and I'll bet I've saved much more in dentist visits than I'll ever spend on the brushes. I also no longer have to dread the possibility of surgery with a periodontist since brushing with the DiamondCare and now the Flexcare. (Note that my wife and I brush twice a day, and use the massage setting once a day. And we have gotten into the habit of flossing.)

BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
BISSELL SpotClean ProHeat Portable Spot Cleaner, 5207F
Price: $97.83

4.0 out of 5 stars The "magic" may be in the shampoo, not the appliance, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The kids and dogs are long gone, but that doesn't mean that we don't get stains on the carpet. Even though we remove our shoes by the front door, the carpets do get dirty which is why we bought a Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer from Amazon two years ago. At 18 pounds, you really have to be in the mood to do the whole house and that takes three or four hours. Still, drinking coffee in my "office" (one of our girl's bedrooms) or just being careless, there are the inevitable spots, and this Bissell Portable Spot Remover seemed like a great idea.

Once I got it together (take pictures of the machine when you first open the box: you may never be able to get it back in for storage or a return), and filled it with the Bissell solution and water, using the brush with a little elbow grease, the spots I was after were removed and the carpet returned to its soft state and matching the surrounding area.

The only problem I had was in answering my question: could I have done just as well with a stiff brush and the Bissell spot removing shampoo? Though I bought the Hoover for the whole house, I did get a gallon of the Bissell shampoo. So on a remaining spot, I put some diluted shampoo in a spray bottle, sprayed the stain, brushed the spot, and used an old soft towel to get up the excess water. Same result. The best things about the Bissell SpotClean ProHeat are the hot water and the vacuum suction in getting the carpet dry.

If we still had a dog (especially a puppy), I would buy this in a heartbeat, and probably do spot cleaning every couple of weeks, then every few months, and finally switch over to my now regular six month schedule of doing the whole house. At 8 pounds, after carrying this around for a while, even this became tedious ... especially on the stairs. So there are a few pluses, and if you have room for one more appliance, this may be a warranted purchase. Still, the magic may be in the shampoo, not the appliance.

Origin and Cause
Origin and Cause
by Shelly Reuben
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tale of Arson and Murder that Will Keep You Up All Night, February 11, 2015
This review is from: Origin and Cause (Hardcover)
Certainly a novel novel, this one of Shelly Reuben's kept me up half the night. Though this is almost 20 years old, it's one of her absolute best. If you like an author that can spin a tale in detail and has a wonderful way with words, then this is her finest. She weaves her story around quite a few characters, a Duesenberg, and another tale of arson (and murder) in such a way that you can't put it down.

Lyric 2619066 Supreme Wild Bird Mix, 4.5-Pound Bag
Lyric 2619066 Supreme Wild Bird Mix, 4.5-Pound Bag
Price: $7.99
14 used & new from $6.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Good seed, but for me, prohibitively expensive, and any seed will attract rats., January 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love birds. I don't even know why, and I've been photographing them since I was a kid. I don't have a "life list." I just want to see and "capture GOOD images" of new species to me. I also love to see them eat, whether I provide the seed, or I see goldfinches getting seed from thistle. And since I'm in a house with a small back yard, when I'm not in the field, I like watching the "hierarchy" of feeders, e.g., adult make house finches versus females versus first year or juveniles.

Several years ago, I was using up to 40 pounds of NON-GERMINATING bird seen per month, that is, bird seed that wouldn't become grass of sunflowers if they should take root when dropped on the ground. The bags that I got at the local "nature store" included mostly smaller seeds with very few sunflower seeds, and we has about a dozen species that would come down and feed. I can't explain it. but it was enjoyable ... until the price of seed went up and I was spending $56 a month. That's $725 a month (with tax), and there was no way to fill feeders every other day without feeling guilty that there was nothing for them every day.

And then there was "Sydney." Sydney was what I called "our" squirrel. For all I know, there were 25 Sydneys, but it didn't matter: they were all members of MENSA and there was no feeder or method to keep them out of the feeder(s). Having see the BBC's program on the inability of scientists and hobbyists to thwart squirrels, it was a defeat that not only did I have to accept, but consumed quite a bit of time to make room for the birds. Sydney was (and still is) cute, but it was like having a third kid.

As for Lyric wild bird mix, it works! Within three hours, we had seven species of birds from Oak Titmice, to Chestnut-backed chickadees, to both goldfinches, and house finches, and within three days, we had crows and SYDNEY! Crows seemed to feel that this was just another game while Sydney classifies this as "his/her job." Crows and Sydney ate the cracked corn and the sunflower seeds, still leaving a sufficient amount or smaller seeds for the smaller finches, sparrows, chickadees, and titmice.

The mess was anticipated. Comes with the territory. I didn't realize - or I forgot - that I could go through 4.5 pounds in three days. The cost would be prohibitive, but what killed the idea was that Norway Rats (aka Roof Rats) showed up on the thirds day. The one thing I won't stand for or deal with are rats. They're more invasive and less "well behaved" than squirrels. They do indeed carry disease, and they eat more than squirrels. They infest our attics, and before we knew it (the first time), they had infested the neighborhood.

I can't fault Lyric for these issues. They are part of the hobby, but so long as I'm able to walk the hills and other natural areas, I'm afraid that the birds will have to fend for themselves. I feel badly, but the rats "win" again. I'm going to go back to using two birdbaths to attract some of our feathered friends.

Violin Concerto No. 2 in E Major, BWV 1042: II. Adagio
Violin Concerto No. 2 in E Major, BWV 1042: II. Adagio
Price: $0.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Heifetz, January 21, 2015
I thought that this was the Jascha Heifetz re-mastered classic Violin Concerto No 2. It isn't Heifitz, and it isn't the
Violin Concerto No. 2 in E Major.

Sigalert.com - Live Traffic Reports
Sigalert.com - Live Traffic Reports
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If I ever get a smart phone, this will be my first app! Fantastic up to the minute traffic conditions., January 21, 2015
Something tells me that this is what every TV and radio station uses to tie into freeway and highway traffic cams and police reports. It's spot on accurate give or take five minutes, but then if you're on Rte. 80 or I-5 in California, expect red somewhere. I was listening to the radio the other day when the "Traffic and Weather Together" reporter complained "off-mike" that "I just lost the app." Since the Sigalert was invented in California, I'm willing to be this was the app. If I ever get a smart phone, this will be my first app.

Fellowes Pre-Moistened Screen Cleaning Wipes, 100 per Tub (99703)
Fellowes Pre-Moistened Screen Cleaning Wipes, 100 per Tub (99703)
Price: $7.18
78 used & new from $2.62

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing from a company like Fellowes. They're too small; they don't dispense; and they don't clean very well., January 21, 2015
Simply...the wipes don't dispense through the hole in the cap, and I have to open it up and pull from the center of the roll to get one out. The wipes are way too small especially with a 24" monitor. And they don't clean all that well. They streak as often as clean. But, in a pinch they're good for eyeglasses and that's the only reason I'm not giving them a one star rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20