Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar UP3 $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Labor Day Savings with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Ethan Winning > Reviews

Browse

Ethan Winning's Profile

Customer Reviews: 751
Top Reviewer Ranking: 397

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ethan Winning "Ethan Winning" RSS Feed (Walnut Creek, CA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Brooks Men's Addiction Walker V-Strap Walking Shoe,Black,10.5 EEEE
Brooks Men's Addiction Walker V-Strap Walking Shoe,Black,10.5 EEEE
Offered by Sea Breeze Products
Price: $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Comfortable Shoes EVER, August 10, 2015
There was a book written some time ago, "When I Am Old, I Will Wear Purple." Well, if I had written such a book it would have been, "When I Am Old, I Will Wear Velcro!" These are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The Velcro straps make "fitting" them in every way a breeze. Minor adjustment to the width is just a matter of pulling the straps snugly (and sometimes pulling up to the tongue). The length is a perfect 10.5, and the cushioned support makes them like walking on a cloud all day long. An overstatement? Well, two days after I bought the first pair, I bought the second. And no I don't care if 10 of us wearing them in one room look like a physical therapy class! When it comes to my feet, comfort is EVERYTHING! Being able to wear these every day is the second greatest thing about retirement right after not having to wear a tie!

Two notes: I wear a D width not EEEE, but can't seem to change it. And second, the top velco strap is a bit short, but that is a GOOD thing. If it were as long as the bottom one, it would catch on all kinds of stuff like including socks, ottomans, and even athletics pants.

Amprobe BAT-250 Battery Tester
Amprobe BAT-250 Battery Tester
Price: $7.95
3 used & new from $6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a small battery tester than you can hold in one hand. And it's accurate on alkaline and rechargeables., July 12, 2015
Finally, a small battery tester that can really be used with one hand. The battery fills the slot on the left side, and you instantly know how good (or bad) the battery is. Tests alkaline and rechargeable AA and AAAs and "ordinary" 1.5V batteries. I don't use Cs or Ds, but I assume it works as well with those. Great price, too.

Hanes Men's Short Sleeve Pocket Beefy-T, Smoke Grey, X-Large (Pack of 2)
Hanes Men's Short Sleeve Pocket Beefy-T, Smoke Grey, X-Large (Pack of 2)
Price: $13.00
3 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great value, fits XL perfectly including the perfect length. Better than Carhartt and much better than Fruit of the Loom, July 12, 2015
Although I don't know if these will shrink, I've been wearing these on long walks in fairly hot weather. They're as comfortable as the old Docker's (no longer made), smooth to the touch, lighter than medium weight, but heavier than a t-shirt to be worn under a dress shirt. Unlike the Carhartt's pocket T's which are fairly heavy, knowing what my wife does about fabric, we doubt that these will fray and pill at the color (as every one of the Carhartts has). The bottom doesn't curl and it's not a cheap material as were the Fruit of the Looms that I tried last year. I normally wear an XL, but was a little wary after what people said about sizing, but these are a perfect XL and the perfect length to boot. After we get through a wash, I'll be buying these in navy, black, and gray. And at this price for two, I don't even care if I'm overstocked.

AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable Batteries (12-Pack)
AmazonBasics AAA Rechargeable Batteries (12-Pack)
Price: $18.57

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Longest Lasting Rechargeable Batteries I've Ever Used, March 20, 2015
They really hold a charge. I use AAA batteries in sound sensitive lighting on stairways, and the batteries last about three months before needing recharging. Considering how often those lights go on and off in a day, that is remarkable. The one I've got in a portable AM radio has been in for over three months.

Sangean DT-120 AM/FM Stereo PLL Synthesized Pocket Receiver
Sangean DT-120 AM/FM Stereo PLL Synthesized Pocket Receiver
Price: $34.25
108 used & new from $34.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Great AM Radio; Good FM. This is my second one, and I'm still staisfied., March 20, 2015
As I said about the Sangean's predecessor to this model (which takes two batteries instead of just one like this), these radios pick up AM stations beautifully even though we're in an area surrounded by mountains. But FM - which is line of sight - can be problematic. FM selections have deteriorated to the point where I no longer listened after the last true pop and true classical stations changed formats, but unfortunately "my" baseball team broadcasts on FM now, and that would be one reason for getting this radio. AM gets 5 stars; FM gets 5 stars but only because the signal is broadcast from only 10 miles away. I cannot pick up FM from more than 20 miles. Ten station memory buttons (5 AM, 5 FM) is great even though I only use two of each. If you keep this radio in your pocket while listening, lock the radio on the station (button in the back). Otherwise, the change channel buttons on the front are very sensitive to any touch and they will change just by moving around.

Amped Wireless High Power 800mW AC1200 Wi-Fi Router (RTA1200)
Amped Wireless High Power 800mW AC1200 Wi-Fi Router (RTA1200)
Price: $129.99
40 used & new from $107.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Distance is great; stability of the connection leaves something to be desired., March 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
"User-friendly" is a very relative term. The last time I installed a router was some eight years ago. It's not as though I deal with routers every day, so when I got the AC1200, I was apprehensive even after viewing the disc and simplified instructions. My primary concern was that if it didn't work, would my computer still recognize my old Linksys router (which was an absolute bear to hook up). I still don't know the answer because I finally did accomplish installing the AC1200. It took almost an hour, but part of that is just the physical setup of my computer. (Update: I called Amped's help line to get an answer about reverting to the old router, and they returned the call within 90 minutes though I had completed the job. The answer is "Yes, the old router will keep its settings.")

First, why I wanted a new router. I live in an old two-story house. I saw it being built and I know there's chicken wire between some walls. That creates problems with signal strengths from room to room. We have two offices that are only 16 feet (and one wall) apart. The Linksys router gives a reading (on a great Amped App that I got free from Amazon) of 100%. So, there is no problem with our most important network connection. The bedroom which is only 20 feet and two walls away, however, gave a reading of 74%. Downstairs I got a reading of 70%. I didn't even try the garage because I never use my tablets there.

I took readings after I finally got the AC1200 working: Office = 100%; Bedroom = 100%; Downstairs = 90%. I was darn near ecstatic until I took second and third readings. The office remained at 100%, but the bedroom was between 85 and 100%, and downstairs was 75 to 92%. (Just for the heck of it I took a reading of my next door neighbor's wi-fi and it was an amazing 70%, but dropped to 56% not that I really cared, but I was interested to see how much better the range was with the new router.)

So kind of easy to install, but not as stable as I'd like. For the price of this model, I would expect much more stability even in a house that has some chicken wire but is mostly just wood. Would I install a new router if I had known that the "net" result was just a little better? Probably not since I have to give the router a plus for stability if not for strength. I should mention that we don't do much downloading, have never watched a movie on any computer or tablet, and have no problem with YouTube or Wimp videos or streaming music. So for us, the expenditure wouldn't make much sense.

Anbesol Maximum Strength Oral Anesthetic Gel, 0.33 Ounce Tube
Anbesol Maximum Strength Oral Anesthetic Gel, 0.33 Ounce Tube
Price: $6.27
18 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediately Numbs Whatever It Is That's Ailing Your Gums!, March 7, 2015
I can't tell you how many years I've been using Anbesol, but well over 20. I don't get cold sores in my mouth or sore gums - maybe once a year - but when I do, Anbesol numbs the area in a snap, and keeps it numb for hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the ingredient isn't the same one the dentist uses to number your gums before administering novocaine.

Tweezerman Professional Deluxe Toenail Clipper Grooved To Catch Clippings
Tweezerman Professional Deluxe Toenail Clipper Grooved To Catch Clippings
Offered by Beauty Envy
Price: $10.71
16 used & new from $6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts clean; sharp; easy to handle and doesn't slip., March 7, 2015
After four years using Tweezerman's previous model, the blades were no longer sharp. Toenails will do that. I bought these, and I love 'em. They have a better angle though it's still easy to clip straight across. The angle is needed to clip at the corners so that you won't get ingrown nails. I also like that they put these in a removable cover (the black part). Well, I don't care that it's removable: I care that the cover gives some bulk, makes it easier to hold and handle, and prevents slipping like the all metal clippers that are out there.

FUNLAVIE Desktop Cable Organizer Cable Clips & Cord Management System for Power Cords 18 Pcs
Offered by Fun Lavie
Price: $8.16
2 used & new from $8.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I have all the USB, power, and charging cables organized and (relatively) neat, February 24, 2015
Finally, I can hang the numerous wires behind my desk and with one zip tie bundle them together. I have one mini-USB charging cable that I leave on my desk. It kept falling off, and I'd have to fish it out from the rest by leaning over the backl of my desk and stretching to get it. With one of these stuck to the top back of the desk, that will no longer be a problem. Love them.

SureSport Ultra 8 Compression Foot / Ankle Sleeve (L/XL)
SureSport Ultra 8 Compression Foot / Ankle Sleeve (L/XL)
Offered by SportingDoc
Price: $16.95
3 used & new from $16.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Although it fit, it didn't do much good, February 24, 2015
It fit my 10½ foot size, but became uncomfortable after four hours or so. Further it did not help my ankles. After two hours of walking trails in the hills near our home, overall my feet were fatigued and my arches ached. I had a foam rubber compression sock about 10 years ago that worked much better. Unfortunately, I lost it and can't find a replacement.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20