Profile for Krykie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 396

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Krykie RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie Canine Formula with Roasted Bison & Venison, 30-Pound Bag
Price: $45.99
28 used & new from $27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my dog so I get this food!, May 24, 2014
The ingredients here are awesome. No cruddy fillers. I bought this to keep my dog healthy.

I live in a gated community where there are a lot of people out walking dogs. Folks are always commenting on how "healthy" she looks; look at her coat! I might at she's a basset hound -- not a breed known for looking healthy, but her fur -- due to the food -- makes her look like a cover model!

Recommend buying on amazon -- so easy to have it delivered to my door and not lug around in my car!

Crown Mark Pierce Chair Side Table, Espresso
Crown Mark Pierce Chair Side Table, Espresso
Price: $41.64
8 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, May 24, 2014
I bought this because of the success I had with the "Winsome Wood End Toby Table" also purchased on amazon. I needed a rectangular size, and this one fits the bill.

It looks good enough, but I will probably be replacing it. The finish on the interior of the legs is a little rough and doesn't look as nice as the outsides and the top. Also, there were no holes drilled for the bottom shelf. Hardware was provided, but the pinholes for the shelf itself are not sufficient. Not a show stopper (the shelf can "rest" on little ledges; it just sometimes flips over during cleaning as it isn't fastened in), but slightly annoying. I will replace due to the rough finish on the inside of the legs, but honestly, no one gets that low to inspect it, no one notices, but it just bugs me. From the top, it looks great and functions well next to the couch.

Normande Lighting JM1-884 71-Inch 100-Watt Incandescent Torchiere Floor Lamp with 40-Watt Side Reading Lamp
Price: $50.99
8 used & new from $44.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for spare room, May 24, 2014
This lamp looks good, and the scroll work on the bowl of the lamp is optional. The drawback to this fixture is that there is only one light switch, at the top of the lamp (bottom of the top bowl). I bought this to put next to a bed, but to turn of the light at night I have to get partially out of bed to reach the switch, or pull the lamp toward me in bed to reach it. I've moved it into the spare room because of that, and bought a different lamp for me.
PROS: It looks good, assembly was easy.
CONS: There is no secondary switch for the bottom light.

Winsome Wood Toby End Table
Winsome Wood Toby End Table
Price: $58.68
23 used & new from $47.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptical, but proven wrong!, May 24, 2014
What a great table. No wonder it is rates so highly on amazon -- I bought it because it was rated well, and cheap enough in case it looked cheap I could put it somewhere else. No need.

This is in my living room. I assembled it quickly and easily - one person about 15 minutes, and that's only because I was drinking coffee and watching TV at the same time. It looks as nice as the same tables I've seen in the stores for over $100. I'm even thinking of buying one and taking it to the consignment store, because they are so good I bet I could make money on the resale! ;-)

Sturdy, easy to assemble, looks great. Recommended!

Dog Waste Poop Bags, 300 Count Blue, by Bark+
Dog Waste Poop Bags, 300 Count Blue, by Bark+
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $9.84
5 used & new from $9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 24, 2014
I used to keep plastic grocery bags and newspaper bags on hand for walks with my dog. Crazy now. This item is so much easier, so much more perfect. I'm about halfway through the box and I've NEVER had a broken seam. They are easy to open (no fumbling with the static to open the right end!), deep enough to stick your hand well into the bag, and tie at the top. I've gone on very long walks and they don't break or tear either. Will definitely buy again and again and again!

Greenland Home Brentwood Decorative Pillow Pair, Ivory/Taupe
Greenland Home Brentwood Decorative Pillow Pair, Ivory/Taupe
Price: $32.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for price, May 24, 2014
These match the bedspread I bought -- perfectly. I also appreciate that they come with the pillow inside already on the small size. Great deal to finish off my bed, and help me delay getting a headboard.

Greenland Home Fashions Brentwood 3-Piece Bedspread Set, King, Ivory
Greenland Home Fashions Brentwood 3-Piece Bedspread Set, King, Ivory
Price: $118.97
4 used & new from $118.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I get comments, May 24, 2014
With my recent new home, people have a walk through to "see" the place. Believe it or not, I've had comments about my bedspread -- "Where did you get that". It looks great.
Pros:
*Looks good
*Washes well (I have a dog who sleeps with me, and though I try to lay down a towel... throw it in the washer, even white, and it comes out great)
*Colors are as shown

Cons:
*Doesn't hang down quite far enough on sides -- I have a king sized bed with a standard metal king bed frame. Top and bottom are okay, sides not so much.

I recommend, and would buy again.

Swingline Thermal Laminating Pouch, Letter Size, Standard Thickness, 50/Pack (3202017)

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for job, May 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These sheets performed well to the task; nothing exceptional or detrimental. The size of the pack is not bulky; not a square box but a fat envelope. I will buy again.

Lava Signature Round Enameled Cast-Iron Dutch Oven - 7 Quart, Cobalt Blue
Lava Signature Round Enameled Cast-Iron Dutch Oven - 7 Quart, Cobalt Blue
Price: $154.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like le creuset, February 27, 2014
Not a substitution. The outside looks similar, but the inside of the pot is matte black-- the instructions say to not use metal as it will scratch; that high heat may discolor; that medium or low heat should be used.

The seller should disclose and have pictures if the interior... Misleading.

It does not have the versatility of Le Creuset because of the very different interior finish.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2014 8:15 AM PDT

The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life
The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life
by Tony Horton
Price: $22.67
95 used & new from $4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars This is what Tony Horton is thinking beyond his one-liners..., February 4, 2014
I've been a fan of Tony Horton since Power 90, P90x, and now am half way through P90X3. When I saw this book announced on Facebook, I downloaded it to my kindle and finished reading it within a few hours.

The structure of the book is about Tony's "11 Laws," more like the principles he recommends for a better life. It isn't too in depth, more like a roadmap than a detailed guide. Nothing he said surprised me-- it certainly sounded like Tony. You'll recognize some of his one liners from the DVDs (for example a whole chapter on "do your best, forget the rest"), and some other insight on how is attitude toward yoga evolved. Also interesting is insight such as how he developed these programs for "in home" use (he was a trainer to Hollywood/music stars; they can't go to the gym or go for a run around the block -- they have to work out in their living room!).

This book is definitely centered around fitness, and reads almost like a beefy intro you might read before opening the plastic on a DVD to get you motivated -- with perspective and balance.

Overall, it was an interesting and easy read, filling in and adding color to what we thought we already knew about Tony.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20