Profile for D. A. Tarver > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. A. Tarver "Commander76" RSS Feed (The Burbs)

MiniX Neo X7 Mini TV Box Android 4.2.2 OS Quad Core Rockchip RK3188 1.6GHz 2GB/8GB BT WIFI RJ45 IR Remote Control Black With Tronsmart TSM-01 Air Mouse & Keyboard

2.0 out of 5 stars J to the U to the N to the K, October 13, 2013
The box is so underpowered/Android is so buggy it freezes constantly. In 2 months I've been able to watch 5 things all the way thru. I've applied every fix and this box still acts like it's on 1994 DSL despite being hardwired via Ethernet cable to 30mbs of broadband.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Complete Collection One [Blu-ray]
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Complete Collection One [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Maxey Whitehead
Price: $30.49
23 used & new from $30.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply put...it's the G.O.A.T hands down., April 6, 2012
I've been following anime since the early 80s. I've seen it's highs and lows..and believe me lol, it has WAY more lows. Anime is a lot like my other favorite genre in Horror..its has tons of entries and tons of crap. That's why the decent ones like say Dragonball Z and Kiddie Grade resonate...it's why we take notice of the better than average one's like Vampire Hunter D, Naruto, & Big-O and why we stand up for the few masterpieces like say Wolf's Rain, Chrono Cross, and Death Note. The first run of FMA was the best anime series I'd ever seen..barely edging out Wolf's Rain while still taking a hit on the much quoted "weak" ending and weaker feature film. Then came Death Note and that was number 1 all the way to stay seemingly. But then the FMA did something unexpected and wonderful, they listened to the fan gripes and redid the series keeping it faithful to the manga this time around. The result is so much better than the original run it's outright staggering IMHO. I really can't see another series topping this. The pacing is flawless and the story keeps you glued until it's over..yet leaves you yearning for much more. It's a story I could follow indefinitely. I will say this tho...the original run had the superior soundtrack IMO:-p So whether you love anime or are simply curious...BUY this.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2012 6:38 AM PDT

Stranglehold Collector's Edition (Includes Hard Boiled) - Playstation 3
Stranglehold Collector's Edition (Includes Hard Boiled) - Playstation 3
Offered by gamedynasty
Price: $56.99
35 used & new from $5.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal on two very good items in one!, December 12, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
People were saying that Hard Boiled wasn't actually a blu ray film...that it was a dvd 480i rip and thats simply not true. You get the original film in all of its glory plus the sequel game. The film is old...its from the early 90s...and it wasn't shot with a hollywood budget to begin with. Translation? This 1080p release isn't going to look great...as I only noticed the splash of colors on a few scenes myself.

As for the game its an instant classic! I wish more classic films allowed their stories to be told this way...although with that being said I'd still LOVE to see this translate back into the film genre real soon.

For 70.00 bucks you can't beat one of the better PS3 releases and a throw-in blu ray classic!