Profile for Shelley Hitz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 106

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shelley Hitz "Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur" RSS Feed (Colorado Springs, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Will the Real You Please Stand Up: Show Up, Be Authentic, and Prosper in Social Media
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid advice for any business owner on social media, January 8, 2015
Kim Garst not only teaches about social media but actually DOES what she teaches successfully. Great tips and reminders on how to be authentic and truly connect with your audience on social media. Recommended!

Christmas Lodge
Christmas Lodge
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming movie for the holidays, December 25, 2014
Great movie to watch with family during the holidays. The beginning was a bit slow but overall I enjoyed the storyline.

Recommended.

Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business
by Chris Ducker
Price: $10.72
74 used & new from $8.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for getting started with virtual staff, November 24, 2014
I have been outsourcing for years but am ready to add more staff. This book was an easy ready and gave tons of actionable advice I can apply as I begin my search for a GVA.

I also appreciated all the templates and bonuses Chris provided within the book (no opt-in required).

These bonuses include:

Recommended!

Kill the Elevator Speech: Stop Selling, Start Connecting
Kill the Elevator Speech: Stop Selling, Start Connecting
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars So refreshing! Takes the focus off of me and onto others PLUS no need to memorize an elevator speech., November 21, 2014
This book is great for any communicator. Lots of great tips, but most importantly takes away the need to have a memorized "elevator speech" when networking and meeting new people. Instead Felicia recommends putting the focus on the other person first.

I loved the list of questions to ask when meeting someone for the first time as it gives you a starting place.

Not only will you learn that you do NOT need an elevator speech (YAY!) but you'll also learn about how to create your signature speech and much more.

Highly recommended!

From Lackluster to Blockbuster: What REALLY Creates Brand-Building Videos That Get Results
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A step-by-step guide to improving your influence with video..., November 4, 2014
I have been creating videos for my business for years. And I agree with Debz that video is one of the quickest ways to create a connection with my audience where they grow to know, like, and trust me.

This book is not about all the technical aspects of videos (although Debz is an expert in that too) but in setting up a system for success. She takes you through the steps of her Wisdomography P.R.I.S.M. framework to set you up for success with video marketing.

P - Purpose
R - Resistance
I - Influence
S - Systems
M - Money

This book has caused me to reflect on my own video marketing efforts and how I can improve them. Highly recommended!

Trust Funnel: Leverage Today's Online Currency to Grab Attention, Drive and Convert Traffic, and Live a Fabulous Wealthy Life
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book for online business owners with clear step-by-step instructions for success, October 22, 2014
Loved this book. I resonated with so much of the content and it confirmed I'm on the right track with my online business.

Great job, Brian G. Johnson! Now it's time to go add incredible value and solve some problems.

Highly recommended.

Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build A Business You Love, And Live The Life Of Your Dreams
by Jeff Walker
Price: $11.35
60 used & new from $10.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Proven content about product launches from the author's personal experience, September 22, 2014
I have over 10 years experience in internet marketing and have read a lot of books and taken a lot of trainings. I loved the fact that Jeff Walker is writing from proven experience in his own launches as well as his student's launches. This isn't theory...it is real-life experience. He shares what works!

The content in the book was outstanding as well. He gives a template for a pre-launch activity (survey). I was able to use his template successfully for a launch coming up next month to generate hundreds of surveys with feedback I can use to create this course as well as information I can use on my sales page.

I highly recommend Launch for online business owners!

From Stuck to Success:Conquer Your Fears and Achieve Your Writing Dreams
From Stuck to Success:Conquer Your Fears and Achieve Your Writing Dreams
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your book done!!, May 24, 2014
I have heard it said that 80% of people want to write a book someday. If this is you and/or you are stuck in the writing process, get this book. It is filled with encouragement and action steps to help you succeed.

~ Shelley Hitz, best-selling author and owner of "Training Authors"

The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead Book 1)
The End Came With A Kiss (Beautiful Dead Book 1)
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but I enjoyed it, March 23, 2014
I have read this author's other books (mystery/suspense) and loved them. I wasn't sure I would be into this book as it is about zombies, the end of the world, etc. However, the book surprised me. It took just a little while for me to get into the plot at the beginning, but once I was hooked, I was hooked until the end.

There is not much blood and gore, but plenty of suspense and plot twists along with a love story. The book also had themes of finding hope in difficult circumstances and enduring/faithful love in marriage. Well done!

Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Lies (The David Chance Series Book 3)
Lies (The David Chance Series Book 3)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely keeps you guessing..., January 20, 2014
I have loved this series and this book did not disappoint. I finished it within 24 hours. :) I do recommend reading the other books in the series first as there are many ties to things that happened previously.

This particular book did have a bit more of a science fiction feel to it for me because the main character Jon kept referring to the demons as aliens. However, it kept my interest and kept me turning the pages to see what was going to happen.

Recommended!