Profile for Calvin Young > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 137

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Calvin Young RSS Feed (Troy, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Faucet Queens 16705 3-Way Ratchet Screwdriver
The Faucet Queens 16705 3-Way Ratchet Screwdriver
Price: $10.21

3.0 out of 5 stars Great features, just okay construction, July 28, 2014
I've been using my coworker's ratchet screwdriver and really like it so I searched specific for one just like it. The features are nice: controllable ratchet (clockwise, counter clockwise, or locked both ways), lockable angling "arm" and switchable bits including hex drivers for nut/bolts.

Unfortunately, on my first use the tool kind of fell apart on me. In its defense, I was not using it properly. I thought I'd be able to use it like a "normal" screw driver -- I put on the flat head bit and wanted to bang on something with it (wanted to break some thin soft plastic). I didn't apply a lot of force but when I used it this way, the little ball bearing that helps the bits stay in fell out.

I contacted the manufacturer through their website and never heard back. I figured it must have been put in some how so there must be a way to put it back. I tried social media but also couldn't find much help. After playing around with it for a while (and almost loosing the little ball as you can imagine how easy that might be), I finally figured out how to use the philips head bit point inward and a hammer to wedge the ball back in place.

Since fixing it, I've switch bit a couple of times. It seems to be holding. But now I feel like I need to be very careful (gentle?) with it so it doesn't happen again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars smells okay, works okay, July 12, 2014
Smells decent and seems to work okay. Definitely not like the typical sprays (seems less artificial). We find it better to spray on fingers than apply by rubbing.

50 Plastic Collar Stays Variety Pack, 3 sizes
50 Plastic Collar Stays Variety Pack, 3 sizes
Offered by Quality Stays
Price: $14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, July 12, 2014
Good quality replacement stays. Have used 2 so far (on 1 shirt). No problems. Seems to be as thick if not thicker than what came with the shirt. Not sure if I'll end up using all the sizes.

Weber 6550 Vinyl Cover for Weber Baby Q, Q-100 and Q-120 Grills
Weber 6550 Vinyl Cover for Weber Baby Q, Q-100 and Q-120 Grills
Price: $9.99
31 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good material, does not completely cover grill, July 12, 2014
The cover looks nice and is a nice thickness. The only draw back is that it doesn't complete cover the sides of the grill (not seen in pic). It wraps tightly around the grill and the sides have elastic to help with this. But the elastic will only go a little below the handles and not all the way down to the feet which means that the grill is not completely protected from the elements.

Taylor 5849 Quad Kitchen Timer with Whiteboard
Taylor 5849 Quad Kitchen Timer with Whiteboard
Price: $14.99
8 used & new from $14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars very smart, July 12, 2014
The timer is well designed functionally. Each of the 4 timers can also function as a stop watch by pressing the start/stop button. When using as a timer and time has expired, each timer beeps every second above the set time. When it does this, each timer uses a different number of beeps to indicate which timer is going off. After it passes zero, it starts counting up so when you get back to it you can see how much time has passed. It's very small and stays on the fridge nicely. Great little device especially for the price.

Fonerize Flip Leather Wallet / Card Case for iPhone 5 & 5S in White
Fonerize Flip Leather Wallet / Card Case for iPhone 5 & 5S in White
Offered by Fonerize
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking & fairly functional, April 22, 2014
I bought this for my wife who was looking for a more durable case that can also carry a few more things along with her phone (driver's license, etc.) She used it for a few weeks then gave it to me and I've been using it for a week or so. It does the job fairly well and I'll probably keep using it. For her, because she's also carrying other things in her purse anyway, there's not much advantage. But I carry 2 phones with me (work & personal) and this has helped me eliminate my wallet so I have one less thing in my pockets.

As others have mentioned, the lack of cutout for power port is a bit of an inconvenience (I might cut one out myself). The cutout for the phone jack is also very small and with some headphones that have a right-angle jack, it could be a problem. The card carry side of the case can hold about 4 cards before things get too tight. The button is magnetic and works well. I like it better than a regular (rivet) button because I can flip it open/close with one hand. The plastic that holds the phone fits tight - no worries about the phone falling out.

I find using the phone now takes a little getting used to. For instance, I have to hold the phone a little differently to type -- definitely if I'm holding it landscape.

4 out of 5 because of lack of cutout for power port and small cutout for phone jack. Otherwise, it's a very nice case.

JewelryWe 8mm Two Tone Mens Gold Color Inset Tungsten Carbide Rings Aniversary/engagement/wedding Bands (Sizes Selectable)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking ring, inset thinner than expected, April 6, 2014
Just got the ring a few days ago and have been wearing it since. Looks very good, very shape. Goes perfectly with my two tone watch. The inset is a little thin (seems thicker in picture) but still looks fine. My wife says this is her favorite of my rings. I have been wearing different tungsten rings for a few years with no problems with them fading/etc so I don't expect this one to either.

Silicone Semi Clear Rubber Skin TPU Soft Gel Case Cover For Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080 - Smoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple case, April 2, 2014
Rubber is very soft (bendable, easy to grip). Very easy to put on. Fit is not extremely tight. Good access to buttons/functions/ports.

SANOXY® USB 8Pin/USB Travel Kit with Car Charger, Travel Adapter & Cable for Apple iPod¨
Offered by A-ProStore
Price: $6.99
7 used & new from $4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Works just okay, cheap cable, April 2, 2014
Both chargers work okay. Doesn't seem to charge as fast. Retracting candle failed after a few months but able to continue using adapters.

Nintendo Wii High Resolution AV / HDTV / EDTV Component Cable (Bulk Packaging)
Nintendo Wii High Resolution AV / HDTV / EDTV Component Cable (Bulk Packaging)
Offered by Globalprice
Price: $3.21
10 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 2, 2014
Not much to say. It works. We've been using is with our Wii for a long time. Never an issue. Wires are separated enough that we can have the video go to the TV while the audio go to the sound system.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14