Profile for ESchool > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ESchool RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
VICTORIO VKP1140 Stainless Steel Multi-Use Steam Juicer, 8 Quart
VICTORIO VKP1140 Stainless Steel Multi-Use Steam Juicer, 8 Quart
Price: $92.99
14 used & new from $92.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a terrific product and works well, December 4, 2014
This is a terrific product and works well, cleans well and served me perfectly for steaming juice from my plus, while simultaneously sanitizing it for fermenting.

Zadro UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, White
Zadro UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, White
Offered by Showerdoordirect
Price: $11.37
6 used & new from $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, so that's certainly a factor in its ..., December 4, 2014
It's cheap, so that's certainly a factor in its favor. It's cheap, so that's why it only gets three stars. The lid closure and hinge relies on the flex of the plastic, so it's bound to break sooner, rather than later. The light works as expected, so it's doing what it's supposed to, at the moment. Later on, I'll edit my review to tell you how long it took before it failed and how quickly it eats up batteries.

February 1st Update: Two months later it still works and is running on the same two batteries I loaded it with originally. That's a record for any UV sanitizer I've ever purchased before. As some reviewers have also commented, however, the cover gets harder to open the longer you own it. Anyone with arthritis or weak hands would be happy that the product works well, but sad that they can never get their toothbrush out.

Mohu Sky 60 Amplified Attic/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Mount
Mohu Sky 60 Amplified Attic/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Mount
Price: $149.88
13 used & new from $118.92

2.0 out of 5 stars but just had to buy a better amplifier from another company on Amazon because my Mohu ..., December 4, 2014
I purchased the Mohu antenna from Fry's, not Amazon, but just had to buy a better amplifier from another company on Amazon because my Mohu antenna does not work well at all. I live in a major metropolitan area, but can't pick up a station that broadcast a matter of ten miles from my house. The antenna works better without the amplifer turned on. Obviously, quality control must be an issue for Mohu, otherwise it would be the other way around.

I do not recommend this antenna under any circumstances. It has been a major disappointment. While it gets a few stations, it does not get anywhere near all of the stations in my immediate surroundings, let alone "sixty miles" away.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 8:24 AM PST

Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed
Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2-Speed
Price: $378.95
44 used & new from $312.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Quit Buying Jamba Juice, September 11, 2014
I purchased this for my wife wi Amazon points and she could not be happier. It is quite versatile. It is so noisy, however, chiefly due to the outrageously powerful motor, that it sounds like a construction site in our kitchen whenever she uses it -- and she uses it often. Jamba Juice has nothing on us now!

Violife VIO200 Travel Toothbrush Sanitizer
Violife VIO200 Travel Toothbrush Sanitizer
Offered by PORTMANTOS
Price: $24.41
19 used & new from $18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than others, December 30, 2011
So it's not made out of metal, but shiny plastic. You knew that already. Only really expensive stuff is made out of metal anymore. Having used a UVC product similar to this one for over two years, I was curious to see how the Violight would work. I had passed on it previously due to "died on me" reviews and the greater expense. This time, I decided to go the Violight route, since my last one worked, but not well. I have been pleasantly surprised.

I find it easier to clean than the UVC. It uses AA batteries, and I have plenty of rechargables since I use them with my XBox 360 controllers. So far, I've used it for about a month, and I have yet to change the batteries. I think the larger battery just works much better with UV lighting. It does not need to be tapped, prodded, shaken or jiggled to get the light to come on. You just close the cover and it works the way it is supposed to.

I don't like the fact that it uses a clear screen instead of a protective screen for the cover, but you'll train yourself to "not look at the pretty blue light."

Overall, an improvement over my last UV sanitizer.

The final update -- it continued to work for about three years. I finally retired it in October of 2014 due to total failure. I'd say that's satisfactory, given the initial price on Amazon.com.

Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower
Price: $292.04
12 used & new from $229.00

4.0 out of 5 stars One year later and it is still going, December 30, 2011
I have had my Earthwise for one year and two months and it is still going just fine.

What I Like:
Works well, dealing with high grass. Does not like dealing with thick-bladed wet grass, but if fully charged, will handle my fairly large back yard and front (probably .2 acres). The mulch plug works very well. I like the auto adjustment for height, the easily removable battery for indoor charging or moving the mower around, and the fact that this is electric and doesn't make the noxious fumes I have been used to in lawn mowers for years and years. Even my wife likes using this thing, a testament I heard from other husbands too.

What I Don't Like:

The bag is wimpy, with a really small mouth that clogs up when you try to dump it. For that matter, the exit port for the clippings to the bag could be larger too, and thick grass will clog. I've learned how to avoid this and when to expect it, however, so it's become less of a problem over time. It is heavy, but not excessively so. The wheels do seem wimpy, but mine are fine and my yard is not level or smooth. The "starter" handle is plastic, but it doesn't seem in danger of falling apart yet, and I've whacked it on tree limbs more than a few times already.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this purchase and the performance I have received. It is what I expected from an electric mower.

BATTERY UPDATE: I completed three years of moderate use over the winter and this spring the battery is going kaputt. As it is, a yard that used to be good with a single charge now takes two charges to finish. At $149 for a new battery, I am experiencing a slight amount of buyer's remorse in making this purchase.

ChargerCity® OEM CAR CHARGER VEHICLE POWER CABLE CORD ADAPTER FOR GARMIN STREETPILOT C510 C530 C540 C550 C580 ZUMO 450 550 650 AERA 500 510 550 560 GPS COMPARABLE TO GARMIN 010-10747-03 W/FREE CHARGERCITY MICRO SD CARD READER. **INCLUDE MANUFACTURE DIRECT REPLACEMENT WARRANTY **"
Offered by Charger City
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but doesn't last, December 30, 2011
I purchased this car charger for my Garmin just a little over a year ago. I do not use the GPS extensively, but the charger fell completely apart, beyond repairing, just a few weeks ago. Charger City hid behind the "our warranty only lasts for one year" statement, and that was that. I will not be buying this brand of car charger again.

Usagi Yojimbo Volume 8: Shades Of Death (2nd Edition) (Usagi Yojimbo Usagi Yojimbo)
by Stan Sakai
7 used & new from $64.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of Sakai's Finest Stories Are Here, November 2, 2011
"Shades of Death" features Stan Sakai's storytelling and art at its best. My favorite story from the entire series is contained in this volume, involving a mother and a Jizo idol she places by a roadside for her murdered child. Through the uncommon use of a static scene, Sakai creates real feeling for the mother, her son's fate and our unknowing hero, ronin rabbit Usagi.

The other great story, "Shi," finds Usagi defending a small village against unscrupulous men and their hired assassins. Shades of "High Noon" and outstanding use of chiaroscuro makes this story one of my top ten for its crisp artwork.

"The Dragon Bellow Conspiracy" and "Grasscutter" are Sakai's most famous volumes in his series, and rightly so, but next to these, the prior volume (number 7) and this volume (number 8) are must haves for the Sakai/Usagi collector.

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - PlayStation 2
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - PlayStation 2
29 used & new from $9.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's not be harsh!, December 14, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Wow! There's some harsh reviews in this space. Is this a PSP port, with all the associated reductions in graphics quality expected as a result? Yes. Is it a Ratchet & Clank game? Yes. So, despite the weak graphics (really just an equivalent to the graphics of the original game, Ratchet & Clank), is it still a lot of fun as a platformer? Of course! Ratchet & Clank in general has better level and story design than most games and this one continues that tradition. It's not my favorite R & C either, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. "Cars" wasn't a great Pixar movie, but it was still a great movie compared to the hundreds of animated films out there. So give Size Matters a bit of a break -- it is Ratchet and Clank, after all.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2011 5:27 PM PDT

Teora English-Romanian and Romanian-English Dictionary
Teora English-Romanian and Romanian-English Dictionary
by Andrei Bantas
27 used & new from $21.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Binding poor, contents great, September 3, 2009
Teora's bindings are routinely poor, with awful durability. If you treat the book carefully, however, it will last. The contents of this dictionary are far superior to any other (and we've bought many) that's on the market, other than Teora's Romanian-English and English-Romanian specific dictionaries, which feature an even greater number of entries.

Page: 1 | 2