Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for William N. Macfarlane > Reviews

Browse

William N. Macfa...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William N. Macfarlane RSS Feed

Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul
Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul
by Saint Faustina
Price: $5.96
100 used & new from $5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Mercy in My Soul,, May 19, 2013
Jesus, the Son of God, dictated to His Secretary Of Mercy, St. Faustina, His words of wisdom and dire warnings imploring us to be Instruments of His Divine Mercy, in this current Age of Divine Mercy. The critical importance of "Divine Mercy in My Soul", was further emphasized by Pope John Paul Ii when he canonized St. Faustina as the First Saint of the New Millennium, and made Divine Mercy Sunday an international feast day to be celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter, again starting at the beginning of the New Millennium. In addition, while still a Cardinal in Poland, Blessed John Paul was instrumental in having theologians review and correct the mistakes in the translation of the original diary which caused it to be under restriction for 20 years from 1956 to 1976. Finally, Blessed John Paul, finished his mission on earth and left us within an hour of participating in the Divine Mercy Sunday Vigil Mass on April 2nd 2005. I have read and studied and made presentations on hundreds of Catholic books, and novels, and Church Documents, and none, other than the Holy Scriptures, compare to Divine Mercy in My Soul with regard to the supernatural content and lasting impact that it has made on my spiritual life, my marriage and family life, and my evangelical life, as a totally Consecrated Member of The Mystical Body of Jesus Christ.

Bud Macfarlane, M. I. Militia Immaculata of St. Maximilian Kolbe

Fatherless
Fatherless
by Brian J. Gail
36 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Classic Catholic Novel of Our times, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Fatherless (Paperback)
"Fatherless" is truly "The Splendor of The Truth" about the Catholic Church two generations ago cleverly "cloaked in fiction", and the characters are real people living in the real world that we all can appreciate based on our own life experiences. "Fatherless" was stand alone exciting, when I read it a few years ago, but now, as the introduction to Brian Gail's unprecedented depiction of our current times and the near future with his Trilogy Sequels, "Motherless", and the Finale, "Childless", they all rise to level of greatness beyond my ability to adequately praise and recommend in human terms. Please see/read for yourselves. Bud Macfarlane, M.I.

The Party Girl Diet: "Keep the Party Going...While You Lose the Weight!"
The Party Girl Diet: "Keep the Party Going...While You Lose the Weight!"
by SFN, Aprilanne Hurley
Price: $6.98
24 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars One in a Thousand, April 26, 2011
I know there must be at least a thousand diet books and I have read at least a dozen, and three of them which were huge best-sellers 10 to 15 years apart, had a major impact on my weight, health and quality of life over the last 40 years. The Party Girl Diet is now the fourth major influence and in a much more intriguing way, because it adds common sense and fun to the usual effective combination of the right food and the right amount at the right time, combined with the proper amount of the proper exercise at regulated intervals. Fortunately I was and am very disciplined and strong willed so that I can easily maintain the vital disciplines to get the predicted results. The Party Girl Diet is also quickly achieving the promised results but adds good counsel to its uniquely effective diet/heath/psychologically satisfying fun/formula. I frequently thank my daughter for enthusiastically introducing me to The Party Girl Diet, so that I can now have a fun-time easily achieving and maintaining my ideal weight and good health. This will probably/hopefully extend my exercise/diet/health regimen for another 10 years until that fifth major diet/health classic is written and enters and enhances my life.

Bud M.

Triumph Through Trial: The Untold Story Behind the Cannonization of Sister Maria Faustina Kowalska
by Joseph P. Kenney
Price: $9.99
24 used & new from $6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended Inspirational True Story, May 18, 2009
":Triumph Through Trial"
The untold story behind the canonization of Sister Maria Faustina Kowalska,
By Joseph P. Kenney

Review by Bud Macfarlane, M.I., Militia Immaculata of St. Maximilian Kolbe

On Divine Mercy Sunday, at the 3:00 P.M. Holy Hour at St. Mary's Church in Barnegat, N.J., I unexpectedly received a very special "Gift" that I had prayed for just a few hours earlier: Joseph Kenney's book, " Triumph Through Trial "
That morning after Holy Mass I read the front page article in the Sunday Asbury Park (N.J.) Press about John and Marta Kulhan and their daughters, and their unplanned but truly remarkable contribution in expediting the canonization process of St. Faustina just in time for her to be declared by Pope John Paul II as the first Saint of the new millennium on April 30th 2000, and his equally significant designation of the first Sunday after Easter to be officially observed internationally as Divine Mercy Sunday, beginning in 2001.
After reading this article I prayed that Joseph Kenney and his wife Sonia, (the 4th and youngest of the Kulhan's 4 daughters ), would be at my parish, St. Mary's for the 3:00 P.M. Divine Mercy Holy Hour, because they lived near the Church. They and their 2 children were the first persons I met as I entered the Church, and the large crowd of parishioners were additionally blessed as Sonia's parents, John and Marta Kulhan and their daughters were also there, and brought 2 first class relics of St Faustina for the veneration of and blessing from for all the faithful after the Holy Hour. Then I, along with many others, received an autographed copy of Joseph's fantastic book and spent time talking to the Kulhan family.
It wasn't until 2 days later when I finished reading this inspiring and enlightening journal that I realized just how great was " The Gift " of Joseph's book that I had received on Divine Mercy Sunday.
I knew that Father Ron Pytel of Baltimore, Md. was miraculously cured of a very serious heart ailment after being blessed by St. Faustina's relic, and was the final authenticated miracle required for her canonization. I was thus blown away at the outset of this very special story which narrates the Kulhan's heroic, and faith strengthened struggle, survival and escape from communist Slovakia, and subsequent Holy Spirit guided emigration to America.
Ironically, John and Marta Kulhan's family struggle, survival and triumph over the Nazi's and aetheistic Communism is in a very real way a parallel to their contemporary Pope John Paul II's similar experiences, ( John Kulhan was born in 1922 and the Pope in 1920 ) prior to becoming the first non-Italian Pope in 450 years. JP II was also in a major and direct way, prior to becoming Pope in 1978, and subsequently, intimately involved in reviewing and promoting Jesus messages in St. Faustina's diary, "Divine Mercy in My Soul" and the Divine Mercy Mission and Devotion.
"Triumph Through Trial" effectively documents how the unknown and humble Kulhan family was inspired to complement the Holy Father's efforts by, relatively speaking, coming out of nowhere, to also make a major contribution by their unprecedented and

Holy Spirited inspired intense and highly organized efforts to research and expedite the medical verification of Father Ron Pytel's miraculous cure, and providentially just in time for the first new millennium canonization. ( St. Faustina )
The writing and publication of this captivating book by a novice family member author is also a mini-miracle of sorts, and once again I thank God for "This Gift". It is a well deserved recognition of the humility and holiness of the seemingly ordinary Kulhan family, and their extraordinary dedication to accomplishing an important but seemingly impossible assignment dropped in their laps out of the blue by the Holy Spirit. They fully personify what it means to really and truly be an active member of the Mystical Body of Jesus Christ.
For sure, "Triumph Through Trial" is a must read for every devotee of the Divine Mercy Revelations of Jesus for the world through His Secretary of Mercy, St. Faustina. It will also be a source of great inspiration and understanding for every Catholic regarding our individual and real potential, as members of the Mystical Body of Jesus Christ to be Instruments and missionaries of His Divine Mercy, in this Divinely proclaimed Age of Divine Mercy.

Bud Macfarlane, M.I. Mothers Day May 10th 2009 .

To order additional copies of "Triumph Through Trial" for family, friends, Priests, Religious, parishioners, organizations and fellow apostles please call Joe or Sonia Kenney at : 609-597-3926 or email them at : sonyka@aol.com This Holy Spirit inspired book is a great gift for all of us to utilize to educate and energize the faithful to help our important Mission of spreading Jesus' Divine Mercy Message and Devotion.