Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Profile for Lee Anderson > Reviews

Lee Anderson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lee Anderson RSS Feed

Need for Speed - Xbox One
Need for Speed - Xbox One
Price: $39.99
84 used & new from $35.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A good game to bring it back to it roots... Still not quite the same as the beginning though., November 13, 2015
Let's get this review started by saying that Need For Speed is one of my favorite guilty pleasures-- the Arcadey speedy goodness. Lately I have been feeling unenergized by the past few games of Rivals, Hot Pursuit, and The Run. They felt rehashed and too Burnout like. I missed the days of Underground 2 and the original Most Wanted.

This game was a good change. The game brings the game back to its roots- underground racing and customization. You can start off with a selection of a few okay cars and then you're on your way to becoming the Ultimate Icon. The game mostly consists of cell phones calls vibrating through the game screen and your goal is to become an icon in the five different racing styles, Style; Speed; Outlaw; Build; and Crew. And that consists of over 70 total events from the beginning to the end. You can also race around and challenge other plays in multiplayer scenarios (even though most of them just slam into them and then drive off). The police are almost non existent except for strategically placed hard events where they are there to mess you up.

Overall this game was a good game. But I wasn't blown away. I was more interested in getting my achievements and meeting Nakai-San. But by no means was I blown away- the graphics were decent but not as good as Rivals. You have to determine what your play style is when driving- grip or drift. The handling will feel off until you make it your own. The races are okay except for the drift trains. The drift train races were my biggest pet peeve of this game. If you enjoy getting your 25000 point drift get ruined by some other AI because you can't fall too far behind or go too far ahead- be my guest.

Also to those that didn't care for the darkness/rain, it didn't bother me at all. It reminded me of the old Underground games. I felt it was pleasant.

Bottom line- the game is about a 3.8 stars. It was a good return back to what made the series great. But could still work on the overall experience.

Good Customization
Enjoyed the handling customization
Decent graphics
Good length- it took me 5 full hearty days of playing to get to the end!

Poor acting/story
The constant ringing/talking
Drift trains
Online required (however I did not experience much glitchy ness except for one server reset)
Lack of manual mode

Nu Finish Paste Car Polish
Nu Finish Paste Car Polish
Price: $8.99
18 used & new from $6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes IT STINKS... but man it works!, May 28, 2015
This review is from: Nu Finish Paste Car Polish (Misc.)
I decided to change up my normal wax that I use on my car and decided to get this "once a year car polish" instead. I never plan on letting it go one year for one... there is something relaxing and comforting to washing and waxing my car that I do it at least twice a month, sometimes every week.
I get home and tear open the package and start reading its a polish and decided to come to this Amazon page to see what other consumers had recommended to do with this Nu Finish stuff I had never used before. I had read the reviews with bad smell, hard to buff out, but many saying that it did last long and was a good buy. So I tested it out on my very own 2011 Chevrolet Malibu. Here is what I found:

The good:
It does polish and make the paint feel darn good! Dare I say almost like glass?
I washed and used a clay bar and then rewashed and gave this puppy a try. The polish goes on a little strange with a different kind of haze that almost pasty. I was nervous about the other reviewers comments on how hard it was to get off. I DID NOT have this problem. The polish came right off with a little elbow grease but not much more than what I had had with Meguiars wax. I am starting to think that it could be due to how much I work on my car and keeping it clean (or that I just had clay bar'd the car.)... I could be wrong but I had zero problem getting it off. Park your car in your garage or in the shade to do this... or wait until sundown. Doing it in the sun will make it hard to get off! Also do it on a cool car, not one thats been parked all day or just driven.

The shine is 9/10. I wasn't disappointed by this product but I wasn't blown away like OMG!. It performed about as good as my normal wax that I use each summer. it is good enough for me to use it a couple times a year as more of a sealer and then follow up with my normal wax.

It goes on easy! I felt like it was liquid enough to rub in every inch without worrying about it globbing up. This is always a fear of mine.

The BAD:
YES this stuff smells to the high heavens or the bowels of hell... whatever you want to choose. I tried not to breathe in too much of these fumes as it did remind me of paint thinner. Blergh... It definitely can give you a headache.

The paste reminded me of cottage cheese without the curds. It is pure white and pretty messy if you're not being careful. Take your time getting used to it and how much you truly need or you might get messy.

As other reviewers stated, it does fill in your chips and scratches and make them more visible. I am not as concerned about this as a couple coats of wax will make it much less noticeable. But there was definitely some new chips on my hood that I had never noticed before in a new white haze.

Overall this product gets a 5/5 from me. It does what it says it does! We will see truly how long it lasts on my car and how it looks a week from now.
The negative doesnt make it any less of a 5 star rating.. just things to note.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Road
The Road
Price: $3.99
54 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely country... Hardcore Staind fans, be prepared., November 19, 2012
This review is from: The Road (Audio CD)
Aaron Lewis, in my opinion, is one of the reasons of why Staind became famous. His lyrics, his voice, his tone, his emotions, and his storytelling all have made him one of my favorite artists. First with Staind and then with introduction to country in Town Line. Now that The Road has finally been released after such a long wait with record deal problems, it is safe to say that Aaron Lewis went all country on this one--

The Road is very much a country album. In my opinion, Aaron Lewis' EP Town Line was minimal country; almost a blend of what Aaron Lewis wanted to do to enter the market. With some of his success with the song 'Country Boy', Aaron Lewis decided to go all the way. The music is twangy, the music is bold, the music is very much sorrowful. To all the hardcore Staind fans, this is not like the latest self titled album from Staind with hard songs like 'The Bottom' or 'Now'. This really isn't in my opinion like Town Line with the exception of 'Endless Summer' and 'Forever'. This album fits on GAC or on a great local Country station. Much of the lyrics fit with the country lifestyle. However, some of the lyrics are very repetitive in quite a few songs. 'The Road' being one of those songs... the same line is repeated. The variation is mediocre and could have used some more creative lines for these songs. This is my only complaint about the album. I knew the album was country and it most importantly *FITS*. This album is good and the musical outline may help to explain why I feel this way.

Musical Outline:
The Road starts off with the song '75' speaking of Aaron Lewis rolling down in his "bedroom" down the road 75. A basic tale of an artist's trouble with being on the road. Getting tired of the same old, tired of the drive, tired of missing his family. We then continue onto The Road, the same basics as the first, and then off to the melody of 'Endless Summer'. Fans who listened to Town Line will be pleasantly happy with this single as it is not too country... not too twangy, very upbeat, very happy- "Zoe- go and grab the fishing poles." Red, White, and Blue and Lesson's Learned move onto a very American filled lyrical style. I am happy to see that pride displayed. 'Forever' is a somber song in which Aaron Lewis describes the trouble filled life style of being on the road and what could ultimately be interpreted as speaking of his wife. My personal favorite, "Granddaddy's Gun' is heart filled and speaks of an old 12 gauge that Aaron Lewis keeps above his mantle and the stories behind it. Anyone's who's fired a gun will be able to relate. And lastly, "State Lines', 'Anywhere but Here', and 'Party in Hell', finish out Aaron Lewis' solo album with basic country themes that will keep you awake.

I rated this album 3 out of 5 stars as I felt that this is a good album but perhaps not the best lyrically. I will always see Aaron Lewis as my hard rocker badass from Staind but I have enjoyed seeing him come into his own with country. The lyrics are decent and the music isn't bad. To the Staind fans who like hard rock, you may want to pass on this one. Or listen online first before buying with a service such as Rdio... this is country. Not a blend. If you like it, buy it by all means.

Thank you for reading.

Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Offered by Doremi Music USA
Price: $23.50
509 used & new from $3.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome work!, November 7, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Without Bungie behind the helm, I was a little skeptical about the future of Halo. To me, Reach was a development of Halo that didn't focus on what made Halo famous... Master Chief. Master Chief is iconic to the Halo Franchise. And now 343 Industries has brought him back. Below is my favorite and least favorite parts:

*Same voice actors. It is absolutely fantastic that they have brought back everyone who made this game so wonderful. Their voices sound fantastic. And now Chief actually talks!- more than just a couple lines! I do still miss Johnson but he's been dead for 5 years now... Time to move on for me.
*Multiplayer- The multiplayer is one of the most smooth multiplayers that I have played in quite a while. The addition of the gun customization leaves you to create what you think will help you to be the best in the game. Fantastic job on this account!
*Campaign story- the story is very good. At times I was scratching my head a little but for the most part, it still FELT like Halo

Least favorite:
Length of the campaign- I felt that the campaign was a little short. It was definitely fantastic but man did I blow through it.
Lip movements- At times the lip movements are off sync and they do not open as much as you would expect.
Disc installation- Beware if you have a 4GB Xbox...... this is huge if you want to play multiplayer as it has to be installed onto the harddrive.

Overall, I think that the game is fantastic. Do I think it is the best one? No, I don't as I still think Bungie created a feel that could never be replicated. But do I think it's second best-- you're damn right. I would recommend this game to anybody.

007 Legends - Xbox 360
007 Legends - Xbox 360
Offered by Shark Distributors
Price: $26.92
47 used & new from $8.75

2.0 out of 5 stars A 007 game that I wish was better, November 2, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I can honestly say I am like a kid on Christmas when a 007 game is released. It's something about the 007 theme that makes you feel as if you are really a secret agent. I've been playing the 007 games since Rare came out with the infamous Goldeneye on the N64 and I haven't stopped since. With that said: let's get to the review.

The Graphics:
are simply underdone. I remember when Blood Stone came out a couple of years ago and I was in awe of the graphics even on my then non-HD Television. I put in 007: Legends and I am shaking my head on my new television. My HD Television looks weak with this game. The shading looks pitiful as do the scenery. The game reminds me of the last generation graphics on the PS2 and Xbox. Basic. Blotchy. There's pixelation on the top of the screen. (Note: this is not my television.) The only thing that might save the game's graphics is Daniel Craig's face but even then its not near as impressive. The developers did not try and push the graphics that are so common for today's games.

The Gameplay:
The gameplay is very sketchy at best. There seems to be no flow to the game. I have played on the middle difficult of Agent and it felt like I could never get to that sweet spot. The AI changes so rapidly and inconsistently that is it hard to find a middle ground. I enjoy hard games but this game was just making me frustrated with it's poor gameplay. The AI's are also very strong for their type and theres no seconds to catch your breath before a hit marker pops up on your HUD. Even on Operative, I still felt the inconsistency. The AI's are also very generic and say the same phrases over and over, "He's wounded!". At the end of one of the five phases that are the movies, my head hurt and I had to step away. Now onto the environment... it does not feel like 007. It feels like a very cookie cutter map. You can only really blow up barrels. There's no 007 stunts that make you think, "Hey, Daniel Craig would do that in the movie." You also use your camera for practically everything which is okay but it's interesting at times to try and figure out what you are doing with the different settings. The guns are a saving grace. The customization on the guns allow you to change up what you are doing at key points and add attachments that can really help cut down some AI when you can lock onto them.
The length is quite decent and you keep going through the side objectives and the like.

The Story:
The storylines are the best part of the game and I feel like the developers wanted to keep the same feel of the movies in the game. I feel like they have accomplished this and I did enjoy seeing the famous 007 scenes. However, I wish there was more of a tease of Skyfall. I know that Skyfall is supposed to come out as a separate DLC but I guess it would be easier for them to just release the game with Skyfall included in a few weeks... but hey more bucks down the road.

I wanted to like the multiplayer on Xbox Live but I just couldn't. The graphics are pretty terrible and the movement feels like you have something blocking your path when you run. (Like In COD: Black Ops when someone runs too close to you and you slow down.) The same customization really exists in multiplayer as it does in the campaign but it doesen't leave much to the imagination. I feel like this is a rehashed second gen Goldeneye again. It is also quite choppy gameplay that leaves you shaking you head.

The classic story
Gun customization in campaign.

Terrible graphics
Choppy gameplay
Inconsistent AI
Fight Scenes that you either make it or break it and get reset back.
Multiplayer very slow and non-imaginative.
At times- very boring.

Bottom Line-
I just do not think that this game is the best that it can be. 007 is such an epic franchise with so many beautiful moments (and women) and I think that Eurocom gave a half attempt at it to bank some money. I hate to say it but I think that the remade Goldeneye made actually be even better than this game. I can only give it 2 stars as it just doesn't make you feel the way that 007 should make you feel.

Thanks for reading.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2015 7:27 PM PDT

True Blood: Season 1
True Blood: Season 1
DVD ~ Anna Paquin
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $24.99
72 used & new from $3.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 1: What began the craze, August 29, 2012
This review is from: True Blood: Season 1 (DVD)
Just to start off: I will admit-- I am a huge True Blood fan. I have been since I stumbled across the show at the beginning on Season 2. The show= amazing. But this is for the product so I will stick to the actual product.

The case is very strong and durable and good quality. The DVD's contain not only commentary, but also scene selections, both before and coming next scenes, and some background content. They are very high quality for DVD's and look fantastic.

Now for the cons: Even with the extra content, a standard DVD would be able to hold more than 2 episodes per disc. It is tiresome after only two episodes to have to get up and change the discs. Laziness? Perhaps... but I feel it's a waste to have so many discs. However, I do have the Season 2 Set as well and it is smaller so I feel that they figured that as well. Also, one small con- there is a paper piece that comes on the back and just hangs out in the packaging. So when you open up the packaging- it just falls out and you wondering, "Where do I put this?" It doesn't slip back into the case sleeve.

Other than that, this is an amazing set. Something like this will last for a long time. And is way worth it!

A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire)
A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire)
by George R. R. Martin
Price: $21.00
470 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars From Book 1 to 5... the everwinding road., June 3, 2012
I have read through many of these reviews and most of them have a consensus... One in which I agree with.

I started with A Game of Thrones and read all the way to the end of A Dance with Dragons. A long and testing quest... with many characters and many stories. And now that I have completed all 5 that have been released-- I have to voice my opinion.

A Game of Thrones: 5/5 of stars.
A Clash of Kings: 4.5/5 stars
A Storm of Swords: 4/5
A Feast for Crows: 2.5/5 (My least favorite book... Cersei just rubbed me the wrong way and she was in it way too much.)
A Dance with Dragons: 3/5

George R R Martin is a fantastic writer... one who can create worlds with such elegance that is just unreal. But I feel like that A Dance with Dragons; the counterpart to A Feast for Crows, just dragged on and did not have much action in it. A few good "Oh man!" parts that I saw in the first three books but just not enough. Martin is keeping us waiting... and waiting... and waiting... for something to happen. Not much does here.

My advice: Make sure you got lots of time, caffeine, and patience to make it through A Dance with Dragons. I was disappointed in this ok but not so grand book.

I love you Martin but lets make The Winds of Winter the book we cant put down... we all need it.