Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Profile for Larkhall > Reviews

Browse

Larkhall's Profile

Customer Reviews: 218

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Larkhall RSS Feed (FL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Premium Ultra Plush Cloud-like Mattress, Queen
Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Premium Ultra Plush Cloud-like Mattress, Queen
Price: $345.76
2 used & new from $339.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sleeping on this Zinus, February 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had no idea what to expect with the Zinus Memory Foam 12 inch mattress.

It arrived in a rather small box as it is packed very densely. By small I mean tall and narrow.

I was thinking this would be like a mattress topper, so I got help lifting the rolled up and sealed item as I am not able to lift items. Was told it didn't feel extremely heavy but I can't do it so can't comment on its weight. I supervised!

He was able to put it on top of my Queen sized matress, and within about a minute, cut the plastic off and being to unroll the Zinus. All I heard was air being released as this is truly vacuum sealed. I didn't smell any odd odors as the Zinus was ready to go.

Within a couple of minutes I got the bad news and great news.

This mattress expanded into a full sized Queen mattress. Gee, is that what the 12" was? Well duh to me. So the bad news is I now had a regular sized mattress on top of my pillow top!

It was pretty funny as I tried to get up on this giant bed before being told "This replaces your mattress, it's not a topper." I laughed because sometimes my train takes a while to reach the station.

So now comes the Great news: I had him remove my older pillow top mattress, and left the Zinus in place.
This memory foam mattress is so incredibly comfortable! I couldn't wrap my head around how such an economically priced rolled up mattress was more comfy than my expensive albeit old pillow top.

The first night sleeping on it was perfect. I didn't do my usual tossing and turning as I do have sleep apnea, back problems, etc. I slept comfortably.

I've now slept on it for three nights and really love this mattress, and have replaced my pillow top permanently.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced extremely v comfortable mattress, I highly recommend this Zinus.

Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect alternative to another cable box monthly fee, February 5, 2016
This makes a great alternative to being forced to rent another cable box for a TV in our guest room/office without the monthly fee and the inconvenience of having to put the TV nearest to the cable outlet.

From unboxing to hooked up and plugged in was about five minutes.

I didn't need a cable box with 340 mainly useless channels for this room I'm using the Fire Stick in and Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBOGo amongst other apps are exactly what I needed.

Having it portable to move or travel with makes it even better.

The voice remote works great and it is simplified with just a few buttons.

Got this for a great sale deal on Amazon.

StarTech.com DP2HDMM2MB DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable, 6-Feet
StarTech.com DP2HDMM2MB DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable, 6-Feet
Offered by America's Distributor
Price: Click here to see our price
65 used & new from $23.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you gave a DP port, February 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Please note, this is Compatible with DP enabled computers so make sure this is the cable you need.
It's a quality well made cable. You plug the HDMI end into your TV and plug the other end into your PC. Bam, you have excellent picture.

I've used HDMI to HDMI in the past for great PC to TV viewing. But this StarTech is great for DP enabled PCs.
I knocked off a star for the pricing. My HDMI cable I used with one of my laptops provided an excellent picture at a much cheaper price.

[3-PACK] Motorola Google Nexus 6 Screen Protector - Tempered Glass - Package Includes Microfiber Cleaning Wipe and 3 x Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - by TruShield
Offered by _TRU_
Price: $16.97
7 used & new from $6.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh not so great, January 28, 2016
Finding a tempered glass screen protector for the Nexus 6 has been a pain. I'm not thrilled with these screen protectors.

Pro: You get 3.
Con: You'll need all 3.

The first protector went on OK but there was a bubble that was likely a speck of dust. I've learned to put the plastic ones on well, but these can be a little challenging. Once it was on I couldn't lift it to fix the problem, so in the garbage #1 went.

#2 went on and other than a slight halo, it looked a lot better than the prior Orzley protector I had.

Pro: minimal halo (I accept Nexus 6 protectors WILL have a slight halo due to the curved screen)

Con: the glass interferes with the touchscreen. As garbage looking as the Orzley was, it had flawless touch capabilities.

The 2nd screen protector cracked/chipped from a short drop from a chair seat. We are talking maybe 2 feet. I sat it on the seat of a chair at doctors, didn't realize the seat was curved, and down it slid to the floor leaving a chip.

So now I am faced with either using the final protector or trying a different brand because the touchscreen issue is driving me crazy. Is the glass *that* thick? My screen has been cleaned, my hands cleaned , and still I'll have issues.

Do I recommend this? Eh. Not really. It's OK but take note of the problems I've listed.

I have had the same Zagg protector on my often dropped LG3 for almost 2 years (granted the guy at the store had to use a second Zagg after the first one looked terrible. But have had it ever since. Not one crack or chip. This is the second brand that has not only not looked great, but has chipped on it's First (low!) Fall.

I'm believing the main problem definitely lies with the curved screen. Dumb idea. It leaves the edges exposed and as I've experienced, will easily crack.
I haven't seen the Zagg get great reviews, and if it's still perfect on my G3, it has to be a phone design that is causing these protectors to not be able to last or work as intended. Yes, it protected my screen by chipping the protector (at least I hope so, I haven't removed it yet) but I can't afford to keep replacing them, nor do I have the patience to put them on.

Sunbeam Massaging Xl Renue Heat Therapy Wrap, Lavender
Sunbeam Massaging Xl Renue Heat Therapy Wrap, Lavender
Price: $52.05
3 used & new from $47.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Less a massager, Great large Heating pad, January 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Sunbeam is definitely an XL as it conveniently wraps around your shoulders to cover your neck, shoulders and back. The heating aspect made good use of the large area itv covers unlike similar smaller wraps or "buddies".

I've used a simple flat uncomfortable drug store heating pad for years that I happily replaced with the Sunbeam. Definitely recommended as a heating pad.

It falls short as a massager offering some vibrating massaging but don't expect any deep type of kneading. The light massage compliments the heat, but I'm mainly using this for the comfy heat on my aching back shoulders and neck.

Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
Price: $91.92
4 used & new from $91.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived damaged, Nice Quick Assembly, January 19, 2016
I'll start off with the negative: The top of the desk arrived damaged on the front left corner. This was disappointing because I really like this desk! I'd have given it 5 stars if it arrived looking new without a cracked corner, but since it was well packed I can only guess it was shipped this way which means there's a lack of quality control. That kinda pisses me off because I had someone cutting down the outer boxes (it came in several boxes within a box) so sending the desk top back would be a real pain if I needed to repackage it.

As for what I like: literally everything else about this desk. I am past the point of putting dozens of screws together and due to other health issues, I had someone pull the desk out and in seconds it was unfolded and together. Simple. Just latch the back and its ready for the desk top. I removed the corner packing from the corners of the desk top and discovered the cracked corner. Not happy, but just let him put it on and slide the latches in place. All Done In a few minutes. It doesn't get any better or faster than this desk.

I really want to recommend this Origami desk, but if the possibility of receiving slightly damaged merchandise is a deal breaker, I can't recommend it.

If Origami is able to fix their quality issue, I'd recommend this as a great quick to assemble/unassemble desk.

Edited 1/26/16: I'll add that the desk has a slight wobble to it. Not horrible, just slightly annoying. I don't use the desk much, so still not a deal breaker for me. Still useful and for $93 worth not having to spend an hour or two putting together some particle board junk with 50 screws.

NOCO Genius Boost Sport GB20 400 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
NOCO Genius Boost Sport GB20 400 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
Price: $77.00
49 used & new from $77.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than my Emergency Kit with Jumper Cables with Multi-Uses, January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've thought about getting a portable booster like the NOCO Sport booster for years, and never got around to it. I've had the same emergency road kit in my car for about 10 years now, which includes jumper cables and some random tools and flashlight. Oddly, this NOCO booster is smaller than the emergency kit and does so much more.

This is only about 8 ½' x 6” with the cables neatly wrapped around it. It comes partially charged and using the enclosed cord, I charged it up fully in a few hours.

On one side is the USB output, as well as a 12V. Next to it is the Inputs: 12V and Micro USB. This can come in handy in recharging a portable device, especially a cell phone. It's also great that you can recharge this booster by using power from a device such as a tablet or phone – or just plug into a wall adapter.

On the opposite end is a large LED Flashlight. Press the light bulb icon on top of the unit and it will shine very brightly, hit it again for lower brightness, and it also can be used to “Flash” a light for emergencies.

I hope I don't ever have to use it as I have been lucky in the car battery department for many years (knock wood) but having been in a position of being stuck with a dead battery in years past, waiting hours for roadside assistance, or asking people to help with a jump, I feel a lot safer having a booster in my vehicle that I will be able to use. I've relied greatly on a plug-in air pressure portable device that has helped me tight spots with a tire losing air, so I'm putting my chips on this NOCO battery booster to carry with it in case of emergencies.

I've waited a month to see if I would need to use it, and other than using it to charge up my tablet on a trip, I can't verify how well it works in jumping a dead battery. Overall, it's a very neat, compact device with it's various uses.

Nexus 6 Case, Spigen® [Stand Feature] Nexus 6 Case Wallet **NEW** [Wallet S] [Black] Premium Wallet Case with STAND Flip Cover for Google Nexus 6 (2014) - Black (SGP11247)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative wallet/phone case, January 13, 2016
This Spigen wallet type phone case is a really nice alternative for when I don't want to carry my wallet and just need essentials like a driver's license and credit card for a night out.

This is a pretty big case so carrying a wallet with it would be cumbersome. It feels twice as large as my other slim case but as a wallet/phone case it's cool.

I'm not going to use it for my daily case, but definitely will switch into it for those times a wallet isn't needed.

And the price is excellent.

Ringke Shock Absorption Scratch Resistant Drop Protection Bumper Case Cover for Nexus 6 - Smoke Black
Offered by Ringke Official Store
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, classy, slim case, January 13, 2016
I finally got around to using this case (my third Nexus 6 case) and I surprisingly like it. It's really slim and comfortable in my hand. It has plastic covers over the USB and headphone slots to keep dust out. The power and volume buttons are easily pressed.

There is a high edge surrounding the phone for protection but didn't add much bulk to the phone itself.

Unbelievably I haven't dropped the phone in this case yet but it's only been two days. I can't verify how much protection the case offers, but I'm trusting it enough to use this case because it's so comfortable to hold. The back is clear showing off the cool Moto logo and large Nexus logo.

If I get a test drop unexpectedly (which I hope I don't!) I will return to update my review. If I get great protection I'll up it to five stars, if not drop it to three.

Soma Sustainable Carafe & Plant-Based Water Filter
Soma Sustainable Carafe & Plant-Based Water Filter
Price: $49.99
16 used & new from $23.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Unique Design, Doesn't Filter Much, January 7, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wanted to love this filtration system. Just look at it.

The Soma water filtration is one of those products that comes across as confusing to me. For all of it's “Green” advantages such as a compostable plant-based filter as opposed to plastic/carbon, and it's being organic, made in the USA and the company clearly states it donates to charity – I mean what's not to appreciate about this unique looking pretty water filter/carafe?

Well, the important thing is what standards does it adhere to in water filtration? The box states it is “Tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor.

HUH? This kinda takes away from all the feel-good beautiful packaging and marketing if it's just reducing chlorine for taste and odor at a high price point.

I also use a Maytag UKF8001 PUR refrigerator Filter which claims to be NSF Tested and certified for Standard 42 AND 53.

Standard 42 is to reduce non-health related contaminants like chlorine. Standard 53 is to reduce health-related contaminants such as lead – yet the Soma only claims Standard 42. Please check out the NSF website to see the difference.

The Soma definitely gets high marks for it's design, but if it's not filtering out harmful contaminants, what's the point? The plant-based filter lasts 2 months and the carafe holds 6 glasses of water. A year of pre-paid filters can be purchased at their website for $60 or $12.99 every two months. Again, Pretty pricey but it's for convenience to be sent to you. Enclosed was an offer for a free filter in addition to the one that comes with the carafe.

I wouldn't be dazzled by the looks of this Soma, and look for a filtration system that filters more harmful contaminants.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20