Profile for bijou2311 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 153

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bijou2311 "bijou2311" RSS Feed

Price: $7.59
22 used & new from $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars These work if placed correctly, August 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These insoles really do work. They make heels much more comfortable and help with the pressure on the ball of the foot. The caveat is you have to place them exactly right or the arch support is uncomfortable. Also, while these don't take a ton of room, if your shoes are tight this obviously just makes it worse.

Too Hot to Handle
Too Hot to Handle
by Victoria Dahl
132 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and ridiculous, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this book, but I just couldn't. I found both main characters annoying. The "heroine" always wanted or needed someone else (usually the hero) to fix her problems. The hero came off as dishonest and sulky. And don't even get me started on the secondary characters that were presumably created just to give our main characters a ridiculous reason to meet. Boring and implausible. Skip it.

In Love With a Wicked Man
In Love With a Wicked Man
by Liz Carlyle
190 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Predictable for most of the book but fun, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. While it isn't Carlyle's best book, it is enjoyable. I like the main characters although some of the secondary characters were a bit much. There were cliches on top of predictable plot points, but the author still makes it enjoyable. I would recommend to someone looking for a light summer read in the historical fiction category.

Christmas on 4th Street (Fool's Gold Romance)
Christmas on 4th Street (Fool's Gold Romance)
by Susan Mallery
Price: $10.72
223 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but predictable, July 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I won't summarize the story since that has been done countless times. What I will say is I found this to be a cute, light read although it was a bit predictable. This is part of a series and there are a lot of interconnected characters and references to characters from previous books. While I think you could start with this book and still enjoy it, you will understand more of what is going on if you read some of the others in the series.

Overall I would recommend, but don't expect it to be the best book in the series.

Love and Other Scandals
Love and Other Scandals
by Caroline Linden
Price: $5.99
162 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and entertaining, October 12, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, this book is so much better than the summary makes it out to be. While Joan has spent the past four seasons looking for a husband, her brother and his friend Tristan have spent them earning their reputations as rakes. When her parents have to leave her in the care of a slightly scandalous aunt for the season, and her brother asks Tristan to keep an eye on Joan, the two find out they have more in common than they thought.

I really enjoyed Joan and Tristan. They could have been cookie cutter characters but weren't. Joan is strong and mostly very independent. She is not quite so respectable as you may think, and definitely has a devilish streak. Tristan is also very strong willed and utterly unapologetic about his lifestyle. He knows who he is and is fine with it. But the more time Joan and Tristan spend with each other the more they like each other. The romance between these two is really the heart of the story and it is a good one. There are very few of the clichéd plot devices and the story moves well.

I would recommend this to those that enjoyed Caroline Linden's other books or those who enjoy historical romances.

Beach House No. 9 (Hqn)
Beach House No. 9 (Hqn)
158 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book - worth reading, October 12, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the start of Christine Ridgway's new series and it is definitely worth picking up. Griffin is a war journalist trying to write his memoirs, but he doesn't want to relieve his nightmares and all the suffering he saw. His agent hires Jane to help keep Griffin on track.

Ridgeway does a good job making the horrors griffin saw real. Griffin and Jane don't have an easy time of it, but that makes the story more believable. The secondary story with Griffin's sister and husband was also well handled. It didn't take away from Griffin and Jane, but rather made a good contrast. The children added some much needed comic relief and kept the book from being too dark.

Overall, I enjoyed the book, and would recommend it to those that enjoy a book that isn't all fluff. I hope the rest of the books in the series are as good

The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9)
The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9)
160 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite beach house book, October 6, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many other reviewers have summarized the book, so I won't spend much time on it. Basically, Gage comes back to Crescent Cove after a very bad assignment to visit with the woman who has been his pen pal. But, both Gage and Skye are keeping very big secrets.

Overall I liked the book, but it just isn't what I was expected from Gage and Skye. They both annoyed me a bit with their secret keeping. In both cases it was selfish. In Gage's case, he increased the worry his family had for him, and didn't give them enough credit. In Skye's case, she really should have warned her friends, so they could be more careful. I don't want to give anything away, but it just seemed weird. Maybe I am being harsh, but it just felt off to me. Also, I liked Gage and Skye together, but never got the same feeling from them as a couple as I did with other couples in earlier books. There was a secondary romance as well that I liked, but that also felt a little odd at times.

Overall, I would read this if you have read the others in the series but wouldn't recommend starting with this one.

Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, Book 2)
Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, Book 2)
123 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, October 6, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First, a quick summary of the book. Vance is a medic in the Army and is injured trying to save another soldier. When Vance can't save the other man, he makes a promise to spend a month with the dying soldier's daughter doing all the things he should have (taking her to amusement parks, etc).

While I liked the book over all and enjoyed the characters, the confusion around the Layla's age seemed forced and silly. I felt like Thea uthor could put come up with another reason for Vance to agree to spend time with Layla after her father's death. That being said, once I got past that part of the story, I enjoyed it. Both main characters we're smart and funny, as well as very complex. Layla has little family left, whereas Vance has more family than he wants. There are amusing parts, sad parts and parts where you want to smack people upside the head. But through it all, I was entertained and pulled in, and found most reactions fairly realistic.

I'd recommend this good for someone who is looking for something a step above a fluffy romance (it is a pretty easy read and is the deepest ok I've ever read but does have more emotional depth than some other romances). I would also recommend to those that have read the other bungalow books and enjoyed them.

An English Bride in Scotland
An English Bride in Scotland
by Lynsay Sands
Price: $7.98
220 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but predictable, October 6, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a very quick light read that was enjoyable. Like many other Lynsay Sands historical books, it had a lot of humor scattered through out the book. Both the hero and heroine were likable characters and the supporting cast was well written. The heroine being an oblate was an interesting twist and added some fun moments to the story. My only complaint ( and it isn't a huge problem) was the story was predictable. As soon as the villain showed up, I knew who it was. It was all just a little cookie cutter. That being said, if you want something light and enjoyable, definitely think about picking this book up.

Cristophe Professional Glossing Shampoo, 10 Ounce
Cristophe Professional Glossing Shampoo, 10 Ounce
Offered by Ruby Red Slippers
Price: $20.50
3 used & new from $15.59

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, September 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried this shampoo with no expectations, and I really liked it. It lathers well, so only a small a,punt is needed,even for someone with long thick hair like me. It also has a very nice light scent. Most shampoos seem to have a really heavy floral scent or smell awful. This had a nice light scent that lasted even after I was out of the shower and my hair dried. This also seems to have improved the shine on my hair a bit, and that may increase the longer I use it. Overall, I recommend this product - it leaves hair pretty, soft and moisturizer with a light scent.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16