Profile for RickE > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RickE RSS Feed (Boise, Idaho United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
HP Q5950A Q5951A Q5952A Q5953A Toner Cartridge Set (1 ea of Black / Cyan / Yellow / Magenta)
Offered by whizzotech
Price: $579.98
9 used & new from $562.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, January 1, 2015
Genuine HP product. Very satisfied.

Science and the Book of Mormon
Science and the Book of Mormon
by Wade Miller
Price: $13.46
10 used & new from $13.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Sad little book, June 29, 2014
I know of, and respect, some of the other reviewers of this book, but I cannot see how they came to their positive conclusions. I bought the book based on their recommendations, which makes me quite disappointed in how indiscriminate they were in their praise. There is absolutely nothing new in this book, and not even anything from the author's personal knowledge. Instead, he quotes John Sorenson and others extensively and uncritically. At one point he even reaches back to a 1988 book by Hugh Nibley for his "proof" about iron and steel. I can see why the book had to be self-published -- no respectable publisher would touch it, no matter how apologetic their interests. I'd like to return it, but Amazon would charge me shipping, so it's not worth the hassle. I will give donate it to DI. This book is a major dud from someone with the credentials to possibly have made a contribution!!!

The Lost Teachings of Jesus on the Sacred Place of Women
The Lost Teachings of Jesus on the Sacred Place of Women
by Alonzo L. Gaskill
Price: $13.20
56 used & new from $8.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Based on a hoax, April 11, 2014
Sadly, this book is based in large part on a source that the author knew to be spurious when he wrote it. As he explains in his blog post about the controversy his book has generated, Gaskill feels he was justified because the teachings of the false document closely align with the teachings of modern prophets. He also explains that because the book is intended to be devotional, not scholarly, he did not expect it to be held to the same high standards (of truthfulness?). Gaskill claims that he discussed the scholarly rejection of his source in the manuscript he originally submitted to his publisher, but Cedar Fort apparently complained that it made the book sound too academic, so he took that part out.

I personally am offended when I come across Church-related materials that could make me sound foolish if I quote them to knowledgeable people. I don't like to be tricked into strengthening my testimony, and there are already enough faith-promoting rumors to watch out for without adding this book to the mix.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 9:16 PM PDT

Downton Abbey Season 2 [HD]
Downton Abbey Season 2 [HD]
DVD
Price: $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Last several episodes stink, April 4, 2014
In the last several episodes, the writers seem determined to show there is no truly good person, as nearly all of my heroes in the show demonstrate their unfaithfulness. I won't be watching any more episodes or season.

Linksys Wireless Access Point N300 Dual Band (WAP300N)
Linksys Wireless Access Point N300 Dual Band (WAP300N)
Price: $87.00
37 used & new from $80.91

2.0 out of 5 stars Three bad out of three purchased, March 20, 2014
We bought three of these. One was DOA. The other two would not allow connections to iOS Apple devices. I hope I can find a way to return them.

Update 3/25/14: We discovered that the problem was with the iOS devices we were trying to connect, so after resolving those issues, the two WAPs functioned properly. We are still hoping to return the one that was DOA.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 1:29 PM PDT

Fogless Shower Mirror - HIGHEST RATED! - Includes Razor Hook - Modern - Anti-Fog Nanotechnology - Exclusive To Amazon
Offered by Cassani Company
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $13.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fogless, January 22, 2014
This mirror does not fog up at all, and even the water beads off of it if you spray it just before use. I'm glad I purchased it.

Kyocera Revolution 2 Piece White Blade Knife Set in Acetate Box
Kyocera Revolution 2 Piece White Blade Knife Set in Acetate Box
Offered by TEXASVALUEONLINE
Price: $47.90
11 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Given as gifts; received many compliments, January 22, 2014
I didn't use these knives, but the recipients of the gifts did, and they say they loved them. The price was good too.

Melnor 4200 Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler With Flow Control
Melnor 4200 Turbo Oscillating Sprinkler With Flow Control
Price: $21.99
16 used & new from $12.91

2.0 out of 5 stars One pro, but three cons, July 1, 2013
PRO:

* You can adjust how far forward or back the sprinkler goes in each direction independently. In some areas of our yard, I need to have it only water on one side; and while some other brands have settings for Full, Right, Left, and Center, you have to pick them up to adjust the pattern. This sprinkler makes it EASY TO ADJUST the coverage on-the-fly to fit your specific need.

CONS:

* The oscillation speed is TOO FAST, so if you do need to fine-tune the coverage pattern, the sprinkler does not give you enough time to get out of the way without getting wet. The previous Melnor oscillating sprinkler that I bought had a nice leisurely speed, so there was plenty of time to change things and escape.

* At full coverage, two of the jets of water are a little too far apart. The result is that I sometimes get DRY SPOTS in between them at the outer limits of the pattern.

* The base is too dark, so on very hot days, my lawn has gotten BURN MARKS where the base sat.

This sprinkler works, but I would rather have the model I used to own. Unfortunately, after several years of use, it sprung a leak where the hose connection goes into the base.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Latitude 10, May 1, 2013
This case covers up the Windows button on the Latitude 10. Also, because the case covers up the outside 3/4" of the face of the tablet, some Windows 8 gestures are impossible to perform.

Vangoddy Pink on Black Designer SOHO Smart Cover with Stand and Unique Rear Hand Strap for All Models of the Dell Latitude 10 Tablet (ST, Intel Atom Z670, Bluetooth, Windows)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Latitude 10, May 1, 2013