Profile for Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
History of a Suicide: My Sister's Unfinished Life
History of a Suicide: My Sister's Unfinished Life
by Jill Bialosky
Price: $11.83
205 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Poetry Garbage, May 12, 2014
I don't know what I expected from this book.I can tell you what I didn't expect though,a poetry book!
I grew so bored of all the poems and highlights from other books.
The author spends too much time telling mundane things about childhood,and not enough substance about the subject.
For instance,another reviewer asked why there are no photos of Kim.

Stopped reading halfway through,as it was so boring I was falling asleep.

The Devil's Chair (Unrated)
The Devil's Chair (Unrated)
DVD ~ Andrew Howard
48 used & new from $1.21

4.0 out of 5 stars I think I'll stand..., April 21, 2014
This review is from: The Devil's Chair (Unrated) (DVD)
I'm not easily scared or freaked out by horror movies at all.So it's pretty rare I come across one that leaves me totally creeped out.My boyfriend was asleep and I watched this by myself,and l could not stop watching.This is an edge of your seater for sure.
The premise of this movie is very interesting,revolving around this chair that can possibly remove the soul from the body.An invention created by doctors of an old abandoned insane asylum.A couple finds the chair,and the girlfriend ends up dead,while the boyfriend is put in a mental institution for not being able to remember exactly how she got killed.

A doctor believes the guy's story because of the asylum's history and other events involving the chair,and him and his team take him back there to try to uncover what really happened...
It kept me guessing throughout the entire movie.It was disturbing and creepy,but I LOVED IT!

Marina West 2 Piece Bandeau Tankini Swimsuit Set,X-Large,Red White Dot
Marina West 2 Piece Bandeau Tankini Swimsuit Set,X-Large,Red White Dot

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute,but hard sizing stuff bought online, March 25, 2014
This is a super cute swimsuit! I have to agree with others about the sizing though,although my problem is a tad different.I did NOT go by amazon sizing,but the company product sizing.Which says an X large is about a 9-11.I'm fairly certain I'm a size 10,but this suit is a bit too big on me.I probably could have gone with just the large.I feel a bit too much like I'm floating in the top (although not the chest area) so I may have to stitch the sides in some.

Dirty Rocker Boys
Dirty Rocker Boys
by Bobbie Brown
Price: $15.57
67 used & new from $8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars No more Cherry Pie, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Dirty Rocker Boys (Hardcover)
Very honest,sad,and gritty in your face book.Bobbie tells it like it is,and gives us a glimpse into the world of the sex,drugs,rock,and destruction that Hollywood breeds.
This book chronicles her life and the extreme roller coaster ride she went through with many rockers.
She also gives details about her marriage to former front man Jani Lane and his mysterious,tragic death.
Bobbie does not downplay her own bad behavior,and seems very humbled with regrets.
This book is a page turner,just wish it had a little happier of an ending!
Anyone who is a fan of the eighties,Warrant,tell-all books,or the beautiful Bobbie must get this book!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job!, May 6, 2013
I never thought I would get bed bugs.I didn't stay at hotels,and if I had to,I did a very thorough inspection of the bed and everything before I'd even put my stuff down.I check my bedding often and keep my place clean.

Then I had a family member over (my teenage nephew) and after staying a few days,right before he leaves he says,"By the way we have had bed bugs for a while now,so if you see any bugs..."
Are you kidding me??

After about a week,my daughter saw the first bug on her desk.We looked it up online and it was definitely a bed bug.Soon the bites started.We thought because we caught it early we could get it under control quickly,but my daughter's room was already infested and I had to throw out a bunch of furniture.

I have been using Diamotacious Earth and covered the rest of the beds with mattress covers and ordered this boxspring encasement as well.
First of all,it is really high quality.The fabric is thick and the zipper is very tight and goes all the way around which makes putting it on easy.I also see they have a 10 year warranty.So if you get a rip they will send you a new one free of charge.

With all of my efforts,I'm happy to say we have had no more bites or seen anymore bugs.
So if you want to protect against getting bed bugs,or already have them-this product is a great start and well worth every penny.

Witch World
Witch World
by Christopher Pike
Price: $13.42
116 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Witch World (Hardcover)
This is not your average garden variety "Witch" book.It has a whole plausible alternate universe theme that is really quite interesting and complex.

I have read it all in only a day and a half!
This book will give you endless things to ponder on.This is the best book I have read in ages.Christopher Pike still GOT IT.
READ THIS BOOK!!

Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Buff, 1 Ounce
Price: $12.99
13 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorstay foundation, January 25, 2013
This is my go-to foundation.Over the years I have tried different kinds,and I always come back to Colorstay.
It gives maximum coverage,and is not greasy or oily at all.For someone who has dealt with acne issues,it is a good option.
Maybe not the best option for someone with wrinkles,as you may want something more moisturizing.
I personally love the matte finish this gives.

My only complaint,is that I wish it came in a pump bottle so you don't have to put your fingers on the bottle or use a sponge.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Paula's choice is a good choice for acne!, January 25, 2013
I usually use acnefree 5% leave on foam,but I have been having trouble finding it, and on Amazon,the price is more then 4 times what it normally is.So I started looking for other options.I have read some of Paula's books,so I decided to give this product a try.I have to say,even though it is a little pricier then the acnefree normally is,it is a good product.

It is not irritating at all for benzoyl peroxide.It goes on smooth and dries quickly.It is odorless and does seem to be fine under make up.
5% Benzoyl peroxide is the best thing for me to use everyday to prevent acne,and this product is a good choice.It does not seem to contain anything that would make my acne worse like some products.I may start using this regularly!

Care Free Collection Human Hair Wig HH Diva Color: 4 (Medium Brown)
Care Free Collection Human Hair Wig HH Diva Color: 4 (Medium Brown)
Offered by YDBeauty (USA Seller)
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Human Hair, June 7, 2012
This wig is very nice,and a great price for human hair.It is extremely soft and silky and can be curled or heat styled.

The top is a realistic looking skin part.I would say the color is accurately shown in the photo,but with some SLIGHT reddish tints in bright light or sun which I found to be pretty.

The hair is layered which is fine,but I ended up trimming the ends a little.The bangs will also require some trimming or styling.I don't like bangs hanging in my eyes,so I always trim them some.

The wig will last a while if you treat it gently.Only use wig shampoo or baby shampoo and make sure to condition it as well.

It is very natural looking and a good choice for everyday wear! Again,100% human hair for this price is quite a deal.I definitely recommend it.

Spinning Dance Pole Kit Portable
Spinning Dance Pole Kit Portable

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a cheap pole..., May 31, 2012
I got this pole from Spencer Gift's at the Mall because I was interested in learning how to pole dance.They had three pole choices,but the other two did not list an option to bolt them to the ceiling.I didn't trust the kind that only use a tension rod after reading several reviews on Amazon about them falling down on people.I really wanted an X-pole,but settled for this until I can afford to get one.

My pole came with a dvd instruction video,and a bag to store the pole in if you decide to take it down.
The dvd was somewhat helpful,but could have been more so.I wouldn't have been able to install the pole myself,and the dvd even strongly suggests you get a "handy man" to help you.Altogether it took about a half hour to put up.

The reason the pole only gets 4 stars,is because it said on the box it can be used as either a static or spinning pole.
Two handy guys and myself could NOT figure out how it was supposed to switch to static,and the directions and dvd do not mention how either.So,mine only spins,which I find a bit more difficult to learn on as a beginner.
It also gets slick pretty quickly and needs to be wiped down often

Other then that,it is a decent pole and I have already learned quite a bit on it.It is sturdy being bolted to the ceiling and even my boyfriend and his buddy can't resist jumping on once in a while,and it supports them.

So,yes,I would recommend this pole.It is not the greatest,but it serves it's purpose for now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3