Profile for Jono VK > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jono VK "jono" RSS Feed (Somerville, MA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
IOS 8 SUPPORTED--Kinps ® Apple Iphone 5 /5S 4200mah High Capacity External Rechargeable Spare Backup Battery Charger Case --Black
Offered by Kinps
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Product 4 stars, Customer support 2 stars., November 18, 2014
great, but only for a while. I bought 2 of these for our iPhones. They worked great for a couple months, then they started giving us the "not a supported device" error message on and off throughout the day. Then one of them stopped holding a charge at all (would not charge phone, lights would not indicate charging battery). I contacted Kinps tech support to see if there was something I was doing wrong or if this was an indication of a failure of the battery and if it was time to buy a new one. The response was less than helpful: "Sorry, you purchased them more than 30 days ago, there is nothing we can do." So what, you can't even tell me if this is a battery failure or if I am doing something wrong? The battery was used extensively on a daily basis for 2 full months before it failed, so I understand if you can't replace it, but at least let me know if that is what I need to do.
Bottom line: Decent product, especially when new, may not last very long, but don't expect ANY support when you have a problem.

PT# 1181RP PT# # 1181RP- Sanitizer Hand Cal-Stat Plus 15oz Isprp Baby Pwd Pump Ea by, The Steris Corporation

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hand sanitizer!, April 28, 2012
Love this stuff - started using it when visiting BIDMC in Boston. while the aroma is strong, the sanitizer leaves my hands softer and feeling better than before using it - unlike Purell or other sanitizers I have tried.

Tazo Passion Filter Bag Tea, 24-Count Packages (Pack of 6)
Tazo Passion Filter Bag Tea, 24-Count Packages (Pack of 6)
Price: $30.89
4 used & new from $29.96

4.0 out of 5 stars for Great Iced Tea!, March 24, 2012
Great iced tea and good hot tea, too! I use 5 bags in 1 quart hot water, let steep until cool, then add another quart of cool water. Makes a great refreshing iced tea - easy to drink and not too strong. Best of all, no caffeine so I don't get that buzz when I drink it in the evening. Only downside is that the price increases every time I buy it...

Griffin Technology PowerJolt Micro (Flat) 2A x 1 USB Power Charger for iPod/iPhone/iPad (Black)
Offered by Web's Best Deals
Price: $8.50
2 used & new from $8.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, but won't work, February 16, 2012
bought one of these, plugged it into car and got nothing. Needed pliers to remove it, tried it in different power port, still nothing. Cable works fine - allowed me to sync and charge with computer and iPhone plug block. Returned it and waiting for credit. will try again with another product.
Car: 2005 Camry XLE

Superb Choice New Li-lion Laptop Replacement Battery for Apple Macbook Pro 15" . Replacement for A1175 Ma348 Ma348*/a Ma348g/a Ma348j/a

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent batteries from same seller, September 26, 2011
Bought one of these in August. Great battery - looks almost the same as the Apple battery except missing the Apple logo and fit is slightly off. Charged it up out of the box and it works great. I like it so much I decide to order another one. The second battery I receive is gray plastic and looks very different from both the first order and the original Apple battery. It is a bit more difficult to insert - fit is not great. After a couple hours of use, I notice that my Trackpad does not respond properly. (2006 MacBook Pro 15") The laptop seems overly warm, so I shut it down and let it cool off. After a couple hours, turn it back on and it works again for an hour or so, then the cursor jumps around on the screen, selects random areas of text/screen/icons etc. Will not click when I do, clicks when I am not touching it. Turning it of and cooling it down does not help this time. After many diagnostics, attempts to disable the trackpad, use a mouse, nothing. Turns out that the plastic battery swelled up and is pressing the back of the trackpad against the button. remove the plastic battery and reinstall the first, metal battery and everything is back to normal. Return plastic battery to Amazon. Consider trying again. Price increased by $10 since last purchase.

All Terrain AquaSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
All Terrain AquaSport SPF30 Natural Sunscreen Lotion (3- Ounce)
Price: $10.57
12 used & new from $4.01

4.0 out of 5 stars greasy but works, August 5, 2011
This is a good sunscreen - relatively non-toxic (per Environmental Working Group), but somewhat greasy and smells like slightly funky oil. The product goes on white and needs to be rubbed in to become clear again. It leaves a slick in water, but seems to hold up well. Used on head, neck area and used QuikGel Sport Spray SPF50 4.7oz on body. burned a bit on body, but no burn on head and neck.

Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
Bodum 1308-16 Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot
Price: $49.95
22 used & new from $42.46

5.0 out of 5 stars best press pot ever, February 7, 2011
I bought my press in 2003 and used it almost daily ever since. How many of you can say the same about your glass press pots? When I bought it I was drinking coffee every morning. It makes the best coffee and it keeps the coffee warm between cups. The pot is nearly indestructible, though it does have a small dent or two from when I dropped it. I have since given up coffee and drink tea daily. I use the press for my tea and love it! I add the tea, pour in the boiling water and wait for it to brew. after I finish the tea, I dispose of the leaves and stick the whole thing in the dishwasher. Tea residues do build up in the pot, but a quick scrub with a non-stick safe scrubber takes it right off. The one part that does not hold up forever is the strainer. I need to purchase a replacement after 8 years of use.
I also have the 12-cup: Bodum Columbia Thermal 51-Ounce Stainless-Steel Coffee Press - it is almost as good as the 8-cup, however the pour spout on the 12-cup needs work. If I am not extremely careful pouring, the liquid runs down the sides of the pot and pools on the counter. Never have this problem with the 8-cup.
Do yourself a favor and buy one of these. The glass pots are pretty, but they break so easily that you will quickly make up for the extra cost of this pot.

Felknor Ventures 82506 Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Tomato Planter
Felknor Ventures 82506 Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Tomato Planter
Offered by Gifts 'n More
Price: $3.92
95 used & new from $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, February 2, 2011
save your money: too heavy to hang on any but the sturdiest of mounts, watering every day is not enough, plants try to grow up and then stalks twist and split from the weight as they get bigger. much better results in a plastic bucket: drill some holes in the bottom, fill with soil, plant seedling and watch it take off.

Built Extra Relish Lunch Tote, Black
Built Extra Relish Lunch Tote, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars quite small for a Large!, November 26, 2010
Bought this to pack lunch and dinner for long days at work. does not even hold lunch. can handle 1 soda can, 1 small container and not much else. maybe nice for a kid or someone with a tiny appetite. nice for small snacks. Well built and looks great thus the 4 stars.

JBuds J3M Micro Atomic In-Ear Earbuds Style Headphones with Mic (Jet Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Saturday ORDERS placed before 11AM Central time will ship Saturday! Hope's Store For Fun (No Sales Tax) Delivers SUPERFAST SHIPPING and GREAT SERVICE!
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars good sound, when they stay in my ear!, September 9, 2010
these earbuds have great sound. however, they will not stay in my ears! I have tried all of the included adapters, but none of them help. I loop the cord over the top of my ear and then into my ear canal so they don't fall off completely when they pop out of my ear. At least they stay in a bit better than the standard iPhone earbuds. The sound carries enough that I can still kind of hear them when they fall out and dangle near my ear canal.
The cord seems pretty strong, though it took a while to get used to the sound conductivity (the cord itself conducts sound into my ears from things like bumping against my chest when I walk or run, rubbing against my shirt, etc.
The earbuds do NOT have a volume control - you must use the control on the phone.
Microphone seems to work fine - people can hear me without much distortion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3