Profile for Matthew C > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew C RSS Feed

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 21, 2013
I don't write many reviews- but I had to write this one. This product is perfect. It supports plug-and-play for Windows 8 so I was online as soon as I logged into my account on my computer. It is also very small and includes a small form factor adapter. It does not require dedicated power. I did have one problem initially- I could not connect to my 2.4 GHz network, just my 5 GHz network. Simply letting Windows detect any problems and fix them fixed my problem.

Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook (Wi-Fi)
Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook (Wi-Fi)
5 used & new from $185.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite computer, August 22, 2012
I find that Google is the easiest ecosystems to become a part of. Consumers who use Google applications don't need to have an Android phone. They don't need to buy a Chromebook. They don't need a Nexus 7. They don't need to own any Google hardware to use Google products. They basically just need a web browser on any popular platform. Before I started buying Google products, I already felt immersed in the ecosystem. I used Gmail, Docs, Google Play Music, Chrome, and others. I used all of these from either a Mac computer or a Windows 7 computer. It didn't matter which operating system I had. The specifications of my system did not matter either. It always worked.

The first Google product I bought was a Galaxy Nexus. All I had to do was sign into my Google account. Everything was there. My contacts were there, my email was there, my music was there, etc. I liked that. Since school was starting up again I decided to get a Chromebook. When I first opened the lid, I was amazed at the quality of the hardware for such a low price. Then it powered on. I connected it to my WiFi network, and it downloaded the updates and installed them right away. Once it restarted, I signed into my Google account and felt right at home. Once again, everything was there. No bloatware, no virus protection to install. I love it.

What I mainly use it for is schoolwork and a Chrome Remote Desktop connection to my work computer. That is a must-have for anyone who is afraid of missing out on legacy windows applications. Setup takes 5 minutes. It is as fast as Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection Client and setup is more simple (in my opinion). The computer is light, looks great, has an awesome keyboard and track-pad, and boots up in ~5 seconds. After receiving this Chromebook Series 5 550, my girlfriend could not stop using it and talking about it. I just finished ordering her one and it is coming in 2 days.

I have never looked forward to using a computer as much as I look forward to using this one. I have a powerful desktop I built for 3D rendering and gaming, yet I always want to use this one instead. As of right now, this is one of the best purchases I've made this year. That's why I bought a second one. Hope this helps anyone who uses Google web products. Once again, for those people who want a more traditional experience, Chrome Remote Desktop is amazing.

I recommend this product fully. I hope this review has answered any questions people have had.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great banana plugs, August 3, 2012
PROS:
-Fit my 12 AWG wire perfectly.
-Could tell sound difference when putting these on. Connection makes all the difference.
-Easy to install.
-Great quality at great price.
CONS:
-Had to "break-in", would not easily slide into place right away.
-One of the covers on the plug is stuck out of the box. Will not twist off.