Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Enforce (Eagle Elite)
Enforce (Eagle Elite)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Most Read!!!, January 12, 2015
This book is Elect but from the guys point of view, and it was great!!! I always love finding out the guys point of view as well. It gives you a better looking into what each one really feels and loves. It was funny and heart warming and had a few sad moments as well. But over all I loved it. I think I may even like it a little more than Elect which was also a great read!!!

Whispered Music (London Fairy Tales Book 2)
Whispered Music (London Fairy Tales Book 2)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spin on Beauty and the Beast, November 4, 2014
This was a great book. This book was based on the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. Isabelle Hartwell finds herself being taken away from her family and home by Dominique Maksylov, Royal Prince of Russia also known as the Beast. Even though she was actually sold to him by her own mother, she finds that she starts to be attracted to him. As their time together passes she tries to help him heal from his tormented past. This book is full of healing, love and beauty.

Upon A Midnight Dream (London Fairy Tales Book 1)
Upon A Midnight Dream (London Fairy Tales Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read!!, November 4, 2014
Ok so this was not my favorite book from this author. I am not sure why, it was written well but it took my a little ways to get into it. It was still good and I am glad i read it. This book is based on the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. Rosalind finds that she is marry Stefan, the future duke of Montmouth, who has quite the way with words, especially when he is proposing to her. They are to marry because of an old curse put on their families. At first Stefan decides he will not marry Rosalind just because of some silly curse, family members begin to die and become ill. So when Stefan goes to find Rosalind and say they should marry, she wants him to woo her and show he cares. She really does not want to marry unless its for love. There is some twist in this story, funny moments, and a lovable horse named Samson, in the end I am glad I read it.

Shame (The Ruin Series, Book 3)
Shame (The Ruin Series, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story with a strong message, October 7, 2014
Another Great book from Rachel Van Dyken. This book is very different from Rachel's other books, even from Wes and Gabe's stories the first two books in this series. One thing the each book in the series does have in common is that they are all there to love and support one another through their very different trials.
Lisa is haunted by her past. She keeps trying to leave it behind and move forward, however it keeps getting thrown in for face from an unknown source. Lisa is strong and never gives up. My heart was breaking for Lisa while reading what she had went through and was going through.
Tristan sought our Lisa to get some answers of his own, but what he did not expect was how drawn he was to her. Although he is her professor and should stay away, he finds himself helpless to do so.
This book deals with some very real life issues, but is written very well.

Pursued
Pursued

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and Clean Romance!!!, October 3, 2014
This review is from: Pursued (Kindle Edition)
This was a great little story. I felt like I was reading someones true life experience. I felt connected to the characters. It tells how God can take a bad situation and turn it into something even better than what was before, if we just trust in Him.

To Tempt an Earl
To Tempt an Earl

5.0 out of 5 stars Bethanny's Story, September 30, 2014
This review is from: To Tempt an Earl (Kindle Edition)
This book is about Bethanny, the oldest of the Duke of Clairmont's wards. She has been in love with Lord Graham for quite some time now. Now that she has come of age, she is trying to figure out how to get the Earl to notice her and not just as his friends ward. She is a clever young lady and with the help of Lady Southridge this makes for a fun loving read. There were a few sad moments but It had me laughing and swooning as well. This was actually my first book from Kristin Vayden and after I read it i went looking for more books from her.

Ruin Series Boxed Set
Ruin Series Boxed Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Over all Great read, very touching!!, September 30, 2014
Ruin
When I first read the description of this book it did not sound very appealing, however I am a huge fan of Rachel's books and with the third book in this series getting ready to come out i thought i would give it a try. And am I ever glad I did. I loved it! I laughed, I cried and just truly enjoyed it.
Weston Michaels is the handsome quarterback who seems to like to keep to himself. That is until school starts and he runs into freshman Kiersten. She is shy and is going through life in kind of a numb state of being. Weston decides to take it upon himself to draw Kiersten out of her shell and help her start living again, all while dealing with huge struggles of his own. He never anticipated her saving him just as much as he saves her. This book is about love, hope, and triumph over the hardships of life.

Toxic
WOW, what can I say about this book, but it was amazing. In this book we meet Saylor she is a good girl freshmen with a music major and is just trying to work hard and get through school. One day she runs into Gabe a handsome tattooed bad boy. I can not find words to describe just how touching this story is. I laughed and cried quite a bit and just took in all the great emotions of this book. I truly loved it.

Fearless
Is a novella that tells more of Wes and Kiersten's incredible love story. It also gives a little in sight into Lisa's story which is the third book Shame.

What the Duke Wants
What the Duke Wants

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read this book, September 30, 2014
I really Enjoyed this book. Carlotta was having a bit of misfortune and needed to find a job. When someone told her that the Duke of Clairmont needed a governess for the three wards he had taken in. As soon as the Duke saw her he had an attraction to her and tried to talk himself out of it. Although he tried to have self control and avoid her he found that whenever he was near Carlotta that he could not resist his attraction for her. So yes there is kissing in this book but I believe it is written very tastefully. This book was funny and heart warming.

The Only Reason for the London Season
The Only Reason for the London Season
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Novella, September 30, 2014
I really enjoyed this book. Even though it is a novella I thought it still was a fun and sassy romance. Sometimes with novella's they feel very rushed like there is a lot missing, i did not get that with this book. You could still feel the emotions. It is a great introduction book for What the Duke Wants and To Tempt an Earl. It gives you the story of Lady Southridge.

The Dare (The Bet Book 3)
The Dare (The Bet Book 3)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma Nadine Strikes again. A most read in The Bet Series!, September 15, 2014
Grandma Nadine is at it again. You will not believe the kind of mischief she causes with Jace and Beth, never a dull moment when grandma is involved. This book had me laughing out loud and enjoying every minute of it. If you like romantic comedies you will love this book. And If you have not read any of this series yet I highly recommend you do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3