Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Woosterchick > Reviews

Browse

Woosterchick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Woosterchick RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Columbia Women's Buga Plus III Omni Heat, Sea Salt/Twili, 7 M US
Columbia Women's Buga Plus III Omni Heat, Sea Salt/Twili, 7 M US
Offered by 6pm, LLC
Price: $52.99
5 used & new from $52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap hardware, not as stiff as I'd like, not like models of years past, January 22, 2016
I ordered these after returning the basic Bugaboot model, which I found to be far too flexible, and with puffy padding that made them fit oddly.

These boots are indeed better, and more like the older Bugaboo2's that I'd had for many years (and a previous Bugaboo model for 10 years before that). While they are not as stiff as the older models (which is disappointing, as I like a good stiff boot), they are stiffer than the lower model, and the hardware is *marginally* better. Barely. I don't know why Columbia seems to have given up on the solid metal grommets that were attached TO the boot, rather than these loose-on-a-ribbon things. Pulling on the (thin!) laces tugs them at a weird angle, and I'm afraid the awkward tension will be likely to make them fail earlier than expected.

These fit much truer-to-size than the lower model, as well. I normally wear a 7, and that's what I ordered, but I also like a snug fit - no 'leaving room' for me. My heel doesn't slip in these, and with my narrow heel, that's important.

I'm not a fan of the double speed hooks, or the height of the boot, but I'll put up with it, in order to have a stiffer boot. (It seems the softer boots are made in Vietnam, and the stiffer ones in China, like my last pair were. My kids' Bugaboot models this year are also rather soft, and made in Vietnam as well.)

I'm hoping these boots will last for a number of years, but they just don't feel like the same quality of years past, and that is truly disappointing, but it looks like this is the best I can hope for. Fingers crossed.

Columbia Women's Bugaboot Snow Boot
Columbia Women's Bugaboot Snow Boot
Price: $23.75 - $125.25

3.0 out of 5 stars If you remember how good Bugaboots used to be, skip these., January 22, 2016
I was quite disappointed with these boots. I'm very concerned that the quality of Columbia boots is declining.

I bought these to replace my previous pair of Bugaboo2 boots - somewhere between 5-7 years old. The rubber had started to crack/disintegrate at the toes. Prior to that, I'd had a pair of Bugaboo boots that had lasted for over 10 years of hard use.

These boots were *vastly* softer and more flexible around the ankle than my previous boots. For me, this is NOT a good thing - I like a good stiff boot, because a) it will be more supportive, especially on slippery or uneven surfaces, and b) it means that the boot is likely to be sturdy and last for a long time. Yes, the previous models often left some soreness at the calf...but after a couple of days, the boot breaks in, and your leg gets used to it, and you have a long-lasting relationship with your boots.

I could not expect that with this pair of boots - they were just FAR too flexible, both at the ankle, and at the back.

I also am QUITE unimpressed with the lacing. Not only are the laces really narrow (and round - I'm not sure how well they'll grip), but my old pair had solid metal grommets, attached TO the boot. These only have those flimsy ribbon things - and I'm not convinced they'll hold up to much daily rubbing and tightening.

As for sizing - that was off, too. I ordered my normal size (7) - because it's what I've always worn in Columbia boots, and because I like a snug fit. (If a boot is warm enough, and properly constructed, you shouldn't HAVE to 'leave room for two pairs of socks' - in fact, that's likely to leave your feet colder.) These boots have almost an excess of padding, including some very puffy padding around and above the toe area, which leaves them feeling as if they're too small. However, even though they felt small, I felt as if my heel was still 'lifting' in the back of the boot when I walked. A very odd sensation. (I will say that I have narrow heels - however, I've never had this problem with Columbia boots in the past.)

I returned these, and ordered the next model up (the III's - with the two sets of speed hooks). They are still not perfect, and not quite as good as the Bugaboo boots that I remember (still not stiff enough, and I'm still not impressed with the hardware), and taller than I would prefer (though not by a lot), but they are more like the previous models than this model is - and the sizing is better, with no weird fluffy padding.

Leading Lady Women's Plus-Size Padded Lace Underwire Bra, Black, 38A
Leading Lady Women's Plus-Size Padded Lace Underwire Bra, Black, 38A
Price: $18.76
5 used & new from $12.51

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 16, 2016
I had so many high hopes for this bra. A bra with larger bands, but smaller cups? Hallelujah, holy grail, all of that.

Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to the hype. Thank goodness for the return policy.

I ordered a 38A. When I put it on, I thought....gee, this seems snug. I then compared it to the 36A bra I had just taken off....and the band of this bra was 2 1/2 INCHES SMALLER than a bra that in theory, ought to itself be smaller.

Also, the size A cups were *extremely* flat. More like an AA size. They were barely acceptable for me, and I would have given them a go, except for the way-too-tight band.

In addition, the underwires felt very flimsy, and very 'flat' - like they would be incapable of helping 'shape' and support the bust - more like they were just there to be there. The fabric was also a lot rougher than I had expected - that's the most minor of the problems, though.

Given the issues, I'm not expecting a different size to be much of an improvement, so I won't be re-ordering. I only paid just over ten bucks for this one - and the cheap fabric was worth just about that. It's not worth the thirty-eight regular price.

Still really frustrated - and still searching for a good bra that comes in 38+ bands with A cups, that won't break the bank.

Bartelli Soft Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener - Red Battery Powered
Bartelli Soft Edge Automatic Electric Can Opener - Red Battery Powered
Offered by Top Auto Gadgets
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $19.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective., April 28, 2015
What can I say - it works!

It doesn't seem to automatically know when it's done cutting, so it just keeps whirring away - and pressing the button to stop it takes a split second before it responds, so the first time I did it, I must have pressed the button three or four times, wondering why it wouldn't stop/turn off! Just press it once and give it a second to turn itself off.

I haven't had any other issues with it, and it's great to not have to tire my wrist out with a manual one any more.

Set of (4) Liter 33.8 oz. Pumps
Set of (4) Liter 33.8 oz. Pumps
Offered by I M Merchandise
Price: $7.13
9 used & new from $4.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, March 9, 2014
I got these for my liter-size Nioxin bottles, as those suckers are WAY too heavy and stiff to be turning upside down and shaking/squeezing.

I was concerned they might not thread tightly enough, but they are just right. Saves my toes from my lack of coordination!

The first one I used, I had a dickens of a time trying to get it to 'pop up' and be usable. I'm not sure what finally did it, but it's working now, so all is good.

GLD Products Air Hockey Game Table Pushers/Goalies, Blue
GLD Products Air Hockey Game Table Pushers/Goalies, Blue
Offered by Bank Shot Billiards
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $6.75

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too big, March 9, 2014
I got these to replace a set that was missing one, for a 3-in-one game table (I think from Sears, got it off the neighbor). It seemed like they would be okay, but compared to the other one we still have, these are somewhat bigger (yet not full-size either - they're clearly designed for a home-size table, just one bigger than we have).

They still play okay, I guess, but I would have preferred the smaller size to match what we had.

Everest Pink ES Series 3/4-1/2 Violin Adjustable Shoulder Rest
Everest Pink ES Series 3/4-1/2 Violin Adjustable Shoulder Rest
Offered by Everjoy Music, Inc.
Price: $16.99
9 used & new from $11.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits, adds zing., March 9, 2014
I like that this shoulder rest is essentially all one piece - it tends to stay in the position you set it in, whereas I've had one of the biggest brand shoulder rests before that was nothing but fiddly hassle, pun not intended.

I give it 4 stars because sometimes when it's on the violin, it seems that the feet aren't 'gripping' properly - they seem a bit cockeyed. But the rest doesn't slide, so I guess it's okay.

Fits my daughter's 1/2-size just fine, and she likes the pink. Anything to make practice and lessons just a bit more fun, right?

Extra Large Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 5 Pack - 12 x 12 inch (Black, Grey, Green, Blue, Yellow)
Price: $12.64

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., March 9, 2014
I got these for my son to use to clean/polish his cello, and remove the residue from the strings. I haven't really checked to see how well they work for that, but I assume they do.

I do like the size - for a cello, an itty-bitty square isn't going to cut it, and these seem big enough for the job.

EatSmart Precision Premium Digital Bathroom Scale with 3.5" LCD and "Step-On" Technology
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $59.95
9 used & new from $28.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, easy to read., May 20, 2013
My previous bathroom scale seemed to be having a crisis of some kind. I would step on it, it would give me a reading that seemed not-quite-right, or would tell me 'error'. I would step off, then step on again, and it would give me another reading - usually 2, 3, or even 5 pounds less than the initial reading. I figured that was something that I'd just have to live with, until it began occasionally giving third readings - this time, sometimes even higher than the previous readings.

When it appeared as if it was determined to give the identical reading over the course of about two weeks, with not even .2 difference in either direction, I figured it was time to finally replace it.

I chose this EatSmart scale based on a) price, and b) the good reviews here at Amazon.

This is an attractive scale - sleek, and thin. The blue background for the reading is nice as well. The plastic is smooth, not cold, and feels good underfoot.

However - I've discovered that this scale also will give two readings - the first usually just a few pounds higher than the second.

As it turns out, neither scale is broken - this is apparently just a 'feature' of how digital scales behave, if you move them. Takes them a reading to 'recalibrate'. (I do find it amusing that the readings between this scale and my old one have differed by up to a pound - the amount not being consistent. Who can tell which one is actually 'wrong'?)

I am rather amused at the instructions given with the scale, however. They say that the scale should A) ideally not be moved, and B) should not be kept in humid environments.

Ah ha ha ha. This is, after all, a *bathroom* scale. Says so right in the name. Bathrooms are often humid places. Also, bathrooms are often *small* places as well. In my tax bracket, it's rare to find a bathroom that's big enough to set a scale down, and *leave it there*, yet still have it be out of the way so one will not trip on it, or soak it getting out of the tub/shower, or heck, be able to weigh your feet while you're sitting on the throne.

The only other places in the house that are uncarpeted are the kitchen, and the garage.....neither are places I'm inclined to weigh myself, nekkid, at silly-o'clock in the morning. And if you think a scale is in the way and underfoot in the bathroom, try next to the stove or the fridge.

With that in mind - what this scale needs is some kind of 'handle', or ridge or indentations suitable for your fingers, on the back of the unit. (I keep accidentally pressing the lb/kg button on the back when I pick it up.) Some rubberized 'feet' on the bottom edge of the unit might be nice too, so it doesn't slide when you lean it against the wall. The manufacturers need to realize that even though moving or storing a scale on-edge is not ideal, it's something that quite a lot of people find necessary, due to space limitations.

In all - nice scale, no complaints, just found that it has the same 'flaws' that any digital scale will have, so I probably didn't actually need to replace my old scale after all.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not effective as advertised, August 27, 2012
I've taken this product for two nights now, and I'm not impressed. I am a bit stressed at the moment, and although I can usually fall asleep as usual, my problem is with waking up in the small hours, and laying awake for anywhere from two to four hours.

The first night I took this, I took one at bedtime - and woke up like clockwork four hours later, only to lie awake for probably an hour before falling back to sleep.

The second night, I took one, and woke up about two hours later - fell back to sleep within probably 20 minutes, but then was awake again after another two hours - took another pill, but didn't fall asleep for about three hours more.

Oh, and the 'fall to sleep' bit doesn't happen right away either - it's seemed to take over an hour to feel sleepy enough to go to sleep, both times.

I don't know whether this stuff is waking me up, or whether my racing thoughts are simply too much for it to handle, but it's not working for me.

Also, I've noticed a slight racing heartbeat while I'm lying there awake - don't know if it's due to my thoughts, or the MidNite.

I've previously taken Benedryl when I know I'll be too stressed to sleep, but recently that's been useless for more than four hours, plus I wake up with a hangover. I'm not sure what to try next, but this product just is not working as advertised.

I gave it two stars because it is easy to take, and has a pleasant taste, but....it's just worthless to me otherwise.

Page: 1 | 2