Profile for Akiraro > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Akiraro "aki" RSS Feed (Montreal, Canada)

Bluedio HT(shooting Brake) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Headphones (Black)
Bluedio HT(shooting Brake) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Headphones (Black)
Offered by Bluedio
Price: Click here to see our price
16 used & new from $23.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Bluetooth Headphone, September 22, 2014
Good Bluetooth headphone for the price (30$). Personally, I don't like the default EQ setting. The bass is too strong. I have to use the apps EQ to adjusted it to my taste. Bluetooth range is very good (30-35 feet no problem). Pairing is quick and works great. I have no problem pairing this headphone with my android devices (S3, Nexus 7, Nvidia Shield, Pipo M9, Minix X8-H). Battery life is very good. I use it for the last 3 weeks (around an hour a day) and I still hasn't recharged it yet.

Pros:
Good sound for the price
Bluetooth range and stability
Battery Life
3.5 MM Line IN

Cons:
Quality of the plastic is cheap.
Uncomfortable to wear after a long period (1h+). It is too tight to the head.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 2:23 PM PST

NVIDIA SHIELD Portable
NVIDIA SHIELD Portable
Offered by Cybertron Merchandise
12 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Portable gaming system, August 19, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm just a casual gamer now and I was looking for a good portable gaming system. With the new price drop, I believe it is the best system as of now. I had the original Gameboy, Sega Gamegear, GBA SP and the first PSP. The only other Handheld game system I still have is the NDS. The Nvidia Shield is far more then just a portable gaming system.

Based on Android OS, the Nvidia Shield does everything you smart phone / tablet can do (except phone calls). It can emulate all the portable gaming system mentioned above perfectly except for the PSP. PSP emulation is a hit or miss. Lucky me, my favorite PSP games work perfectly (ex: Burnout Legend, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter Alpha 3, FIFA Soccer). You can use it as your entertainment system for Netflix, XBMC, Tune In Radio, Movie & Music player.

There is over 1000+ games available on the Play Store. I did enjoy Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Temple Run and Candy Crush with the touch screen on my phone but for other games, I really need a real physical controller. The Nvidia Shield is very comfortable to hold just like a Xbox360 controller. There are many good Android Games that work perfectly with the Shield (Leo's Fortune, ShadowGun, Rochard, Riptide GP2, Asphalt 8, Modern Combat, Sonic 4) just to name a few. For other games that required touch, you can use the GameMapper function which works great. You can also find popular ports like GTA Series, Max Payne, Half-Life 2, Portal.

For people complaining that there is no AAA games title available on Android, there is also Nvidia Grid Beta (Cloud Gaming) that works just great. I'm from Montreal Canada and I was able to stream and play Darksiders 2 and Street Fighter X Tekken on my Shield hook up to my 50" LED TV with no problem at all... More High-end games will become available. So far, I use my Shield in Console Mode in my living room more often than as a portable device. Console Mode will simply turn off the screen on the shield and output the signal out to your TV in 1080p. You can use your Shield as a gamepad or connected another Bluetooth, Wifi Direct or USB gamepad if you want to go wireless or play with another player. I have my Shield hook up to my TV with a 15 feet cord MiniHDMI to HDMI. I will probably get myself the New Nvidia Shield Wireless Controller in a few weeks.

There is also PC Streaming but I don't have games on my PC so I can't comment on that.

Pros:
- Powerfull Tegra 4
- 1000+ Android games and Apps
- Emulator Powerhouse (Nes, SMS, Genesis, SNES, NEO-GEO, GBA, PSX, PSP, N64, Dreamcast)
- Console Mode (TV out)
- Build Quality
- Battery Life
Cons:
- Weight (Would be great if the system was around 350 or 400g instead of 600g)
- Screen Size (They could have fit a 5.5 or 6" screen on it)

Overall, I'm very please with my Nvidia Shield as a Gaming System.

Pros:

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and inexpensive combo, March 8, 2013
I bought this combo to use it with my Android Mini PC (Imito MX1) in the living room with a 46" LED TV. It works great. The keyboard is light and compact. The optical mouse and keyboard are very responsive even at 12 feet away from the TV/Mini PC. Overall, I'm very happy with it. I'm planning to buy another one for my parents who just got a Android Mini PC as well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2013 6:05 PM PDT

UDONs Art of Capcom 2
UDONs Art of Capcom 2
by Matt Moylan
13 used & new from $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great artwork by UDON, September 10, 2010
This review is from: UDONs Art of Capcom 2 (Paperback)
The art in this book is incredible. It deserved a 5 stars with great artist like Joe Ng, Omar Dogan, Long Vo and the rest of the UDON crew. I was really impressed by the art of Alvin Lee on the Street Fighter Comic Book a few years ago. This is how I first discover UDON. Now I own many great books from them (Art of Capcom, Street Fighter Tribute).

The only reason I give this book a 4 stars is because of the book itself. The page are very thick but not of the best quality. It has less pages compared to the first "Art of capcom" book but this one is thicker. Colors are a little washed out, you don't have any deep black. The binding of the book can't hold the thick pages. You can't open the pages very wide otherwise you will break the spine of the book. This is a commun problem with all UDON books I have seen so far. I really wish they will eventually go with another company for their books. I have many other huge artwork books that don't have this kind of problems at all (ex: Art of Top Cow, Expose). I plan to buy their re-release version of Street Fighter: The Ultimate Collection and Vent: Volume 1 but I'm afraid of the quality of the book itself. They should fixed this problem.

PlasmaCar Red
PlasmaCar Red
Price: $56.99
36 used & new from $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Ride on toy available, November 3, 2009
This review is from: PlasmaCar Red (Toy)
This is easily the best ride on toy you can get for the kids. The first time I saw that thing was at a shopping mall. A 3 years old girl was riding on it following her parents. I was very impressed by the concept and how easy it is for the little girl to move around with it. I asked her father what this thing is called and I finally bought one for my first son when he was around 18 months old. He has 2 other ride-on toy (Pixar's Lighting McQueen and generic horse ride on) but this one is his favorite. He no longer played with the other ones. At first, he used his feet to move the Plasmacar around just like the other ride on toy he has. Simply by watching me and me wife riding around the house using the wiggle movement, he got the idea real quick. At 2 yrs, He was able to steer the Plasmacar around the house perfectly with his hands only. He rides the Plasmacar everyday for the last two years. I can already tell that he will play with the plasmacar for many years to come. Thanks to the Plasmacar, he has very good hand coordination.

I strongly recommended to upgrade the wheels because the original plastic wheels is loud and can easily scratch the floor. [...]. Same material as Rollerblade and Scooter Wheels. It makes a huge difference. These wheels will not scrath your floor (wood, tile) and it will improve the overall ride (smoother and quieter). Really worth it.

It took me around 15 minutes to assembly the Plasmacar. It's very easy. Some revievers complain about the steering wheel becoming loose after a while. Make sure to secure the nut of the steering wheel as tight as possible. My wife did the assembly on one Plasmacar for her sister's daughter. Her hands are not strong enough so the steering wheel became loose after a short period of play. I will recommend a man or someone with strong hands to do the job.

So far, I bought 3 other Plasmacar as present for my nephews (age 3,5,8) and everyone loves it. Now I have to buy another one because we have another baby coming.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 3, 2014 10:44 AM PST

KETTLER KETTCAR Grand Prix Pedal Car
KETTLER KETTCAR Grand Prix Pedal Car

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pedal Go Kart, September 28, 2009
This is easily the best car you can get to your kids. I bought this one for my 3 yrs son. At first, I hesitated between this and a motorized Power wheels Jeep. I'm so glad I made the right choice. My neighbors has motorized Jeep for their kids and they all want a Pedal Go Kart now. It is so well built and It will last much longer then any motorized vehicule. It fits most kids between 3 to 9 yrs. The high back seat has 3 adjustable position.

The car is lightweight (30 lbs) compared to a motorized car (75-90 lbs). When I'm not around, my wife can easily put this pedal car in our hatchback car by herself and drive it to the park. This thing can go very fast. Faster then any other 4 wheels vehicule in the neighborhood. My son stuggled the first few days because he was not used to it but now, his legs are so strong and he has no difficulty at all pedaling this thing all day. He is 4 yrs now and knows how to use the gear shift (freewheel) and the handbrake properly. Thanks to this pedal Go Kart, he is in much better shape then most other kids of his age. He can run faster then his 6 yrs friend who has a Motorized Jeep that he doesn't fit in anymore after 1 summer. I can tell that my son adore this car and will ride it for a couple of more years. He likes to pretend he is a mechanic and a Racer.

Pros:
- Great looking Go Kart (even adult and teenagers stare at this thing at the park)
- Solid Steel frame with durable powder coat resistant
- Lightweight (30 lbs)
- Fit most kids between 3 - 9 yrs.
- Good exercise for kids.

Con:
You have to remove the back seat with a screwdriver to change the position. Could be very annoying if you have 2 kids with different height size. Luckily for my son, he's taller friend doesn't fit well in the first position that the car is in now :)

Overall, I really recommended this pedal Go Kart

The Kung Fu Master (Special Edition)
The Kung Fu Master (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Gordon Chan
13 used & new from $17.82

4.0 out of 5 stars I really good tv serie from Hong Kong, September 6, 2004
I'm vietnamese/chinese and I grow up watching TV series from Hong Kong TVB and ATV since the early 80's. The Kung-Fu Master (known as Hung Hei-kwun in HK) is in my opinion, one of the best kung-fu tv serie made by ATV. This TV series was made in '94. This version has been cut down to only 4 DVDs of 2 hours each. The original version is almost twice as long. Usually, I hate when they cut out things simply because they think it doesn't work with the western culture. But for that tv series, I actually prefer the cut version because they have only removed the long and boring parts that wasn't well made and drag down the story.

Remember, this is a TV series (ex: Buffy the Vampire) not a theatrical movie so it was made with a low budget. Still, the serie has some great characters, a good storyline with many great fighting scenes. The biggest flaws is that a lot of fight scenes has been speed up too much, it doesn't look good and doesn't make any sense. The english subtitles is very well made. I really hope more HK TV series will be release over here so that my friends can also enjoy them with english subtitles. Especially TVB series like "The Condor Heroes Trilogy, Demi-God Semi-Devils '96 .