Profile for R. Mullin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Mullin RSS Feed (Sioux City, IA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nexus 5 Case, Caseology [Leather Skin] Google Nexus 5 Case [Brown] Premium PU Leather Cover Shock Absorbent TPU Armor Bumper Nexus 5 Case (for Google Nexus 5 Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked)
Offered by MODN Mall
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking case, January 1, 2014
I knew from having an iPhone for 4 years that a good case is critical, so when I got the Nexus 5 for Christmas I immediately searched for a case. This one is just gorgeous and looks like it will do a good job of protecting my new brilliant phone. Perfect fit, thin, non-bulky. One real problem: the power button is really hard to use with this case. Really. Kind of a problem for the one button you will use the most!

MyDigitalSSD 240GB BP4 2.5 Inch Slim 7mm SATA 6G Solid State Drive (240GB)(256GB)
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $120.09
3 used & new from $120.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Really fast. (See Edit), May 2, 2013
Replaced the stock drive in my Dell laptop with this solid state drive, and I am astonished how fast my machine runs now. Even with the old drive defragged, it was s-l-o-w. This one cold boots in a few seconds, way way faster than the several minutes the stock drive took.

EDIT: Installed drive in my Dell Studio laptop with Windows 7 Pro & 4 GB ram. The drive IS fast, BUT it freezes up occasionally - usually for 3 to 5 minutes. During that time, the HDD light is lit up continuously and the computer is completely unusable. After the wait, the drive and computer are back to normal. Very occasionally, the drive will freeze up and after 4 or 5 minutes the system crashes with the Blue Screen of Death.

I have emailed the MyDigitaDiscount twice to seek a solution, but they have not responded.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2013 7:55 AM PDT

ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
Price: $123.99
135 used & new from $73.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Really first-rate, April 2, 2013
After suffering through various Linksys routers, this one is a real pleasure to set up and use. The security is easy to manage, and the wi-fi coverage is simply outstanding. Love it.

duogreen Cordless Telephone Battery for AT&T/Lucent 3101, 3111,BT-8001, BT-8300, SL82118

5.0 out of 5 stars These batteries work (some don't), January 31, 2013
After purchasing replacement batteries for my AT&T phones from another company, I had to dispose of them after a couple months - they all died. So I purchased these different batteries and we are extremely happy. First rate product, and quick shipping.

Stuhrling Original Men's 434.33152 Classic Ascot Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Band
Price: $64.00
5 used & new from $59.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin, nice, LARGE dial, November 19, 2012
The watch looks great and is quite thin - just what I wanted. The face is quite large though, and the strap is long. I am not a small person, but it looks a bit big on me. No problem - I like how easy it is to see the time (helpful if you don't have your glasses on at the time.)

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50 50-Inch 1080p 600Hz Full HD 3D Plasma TV (2012 Model)
2 used & new from $1,700.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon is Great - Panasonic Service: Not So Much, June 22, 2012
I purchased the 50" version and had Amazon deliver it. The white glove service was several days faster than promised and they did a wonderful job. TV was quite good - but not as good as I expected (I already own a 2-yr old Panasonic Plasma that we love.) Did the basic cnet settings and ran the solid color slideshow over a couple of nights to help with the break-in period. On the third day I turned the set off for a couple of hours and when I turned it back on the set DIED. Just got 7 blinks of a red LED on the front bezel (internet research showed that the blink code meant that one of the major circuit boards was fried.) So I called Panasonic's touted "Concierge Service" that claimed they usually repaired sets within two days. Two days later (with no call-back from Panasonic) I called them again -- they said they couldn't find anyone (yet) to fix the set at my home in Iowa, but maybe in a few more days they might be able to locate someone! That wasn't what I was expecting for a brand new plasma TV.

So I called Amazon customer service, and the rep immediately asked if I wanted a refund, a new TV or a different model or brand. I asked for a new TV, and he immediately placed the order. And he issued a credit for the difference in the price that had dropped $70 in the week since I purchased the TV.

The new new TV arrived yesterday (same white glove delivery guy) and I was immediately struck by how much better the picture looked right out of the box. I did the basic cnet settings and ran the solid color slideshow overnight and it again looks GREAT.

So, way to go Amazon! Excellent service and a very rapid fix to my problem. Guess where I will buy my next large TV!!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2012 9:53 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival Piece of Stuff, September 30, 2011
The original Dell adapter needed to be replaced after two years, and I purchased this just before the original died. UNFORTUNATELY, this replacement arrived as dead as a doornail. Had to order a different brand item (with next day air) at a higher price. Avoid this nasty thingy.

Wireless Motion Sensor Light - 10 Super-Bright LED
Wireless Motion Sensor Light - 10 Super-Bright LED
Price: $6.60
21 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, August 4, 2011
The light is very bright and works great. The motion sensor always comes on, and the light turns off after 30-seconds of no motion. Perfect for my closet.

Classic Tortoise Wayfarer Style Sunglasses
Classic Tortoise Wayfarer Style Sunglasses
Offered by Collectors Paradise (USA SELLER)
Price: $4.94
7 used & new from $0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Best inexpensive sunglasses ever!, August 4, 2011
The glasses seem to be of high quality with nice charcoal-grey lenses. The frames are rather large, but I am a 6' man and the glasses fit my face. Wouldn't work for my 110 lb wife, though. Overall a very good purchase.

Progress Lighting P2794-09 1-Light Bracket with Etched Glass, Brushed Nickel
Progress Lighting P2794-09 1-Light Bracket with Etched Glass, Brushed Nickel
Price: $44.91
21 used & new from $34.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful light, lousy packaging, July 28, 2011
Purchased three of these for our bathroom remodel and just love the style and the construction. However, two of the three had broken glass shades! I called the manufacturer and gave them the item number, they immediately agreed to send me two new shades at no cost. Very good!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3