Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Mark Grotto > Reviews

Browse

Mark Grotto's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mark Grotto RSS Feed (Houston)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars These don't sound like my other Apple headphones, May 11, 2015
These don't sound like my other Apple headphones. While they look like it, the wires are thinner between the earphone and control. They sounded tinny as compared to the original Apple headphones.

If they are real then why does the box not say Apple on it?

Taken (Quest for Truth, Book 1)
Taken (Quest for Truth, Book 1)
by Brock Eastman
Price: $12.99
39 used & new from $3.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 22, 2014
My 10 yo son enjoyed this book so much, he shared it with his friends, who also enjoyed it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 9:05 PM PDT

ESTES 303160 NC-5 Nose Cones (5) ESTT3160
ESTES 303160 NC-5 Nose Cones (5) ESTT3160
Offered by All Around Sporting
Price: $6.74
7 used & new from $1.51

2.0 out of 5 stars TINY!!, August 12, 2014
These nose cones were tiny. The biggest one was no more than a centimeter wide and four centimeters tall. I would appreciate a nose cone diameter. At the time, "fits tube sizes bt5" made no sense to me. So, if you are looking for a big nose cone, these are NOT for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2015 3:55 PM PST

The Three Little Pigs Big Book (Paul Galdone Classics)
The Three Little Pigs Big Book (Paul Galdone Classics)
by Paul Galdone
15 used & new from $241.54

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too violent, August 22, 2012
I prefer a version in which the pigs run to the next brother's house (rather than being eaten by wolf); also, I prefer the wolf being scorched rather than being eaten for dinner by the third little pig. Maybe I'm too much a product of the times (realizing that Grimm tales et al were violent, as well).

Sommer Direct Drive Opener 3/4hp #1 Selling Garage Door Opener
Sommer Direct Drive Opener 3/4hp #1 Selling Garage Door Opener
Offered by 365 Garage Door Parts
Price: $295.28
4 used & new from $295.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice opener, March 14, 2012
My old 15 year old screw drive was making a lot of noise from the screw flopping around inside the casing. I tried grease and it helped a somewhat but occasionally I found grease on the floor and the kids tracked it inside the house.

I plunked down the money and bought this opener about a month ago and I am pleased. Upon opening I did not get the impression it was cheap or stout but something in between. The motor although very quiet, seems like it's pretty well loaded even though the garage door is balanced with adequate springs. Its very small too. I suspect that its not over-sized like the old opener. Maybe it wont last as long. Its worth a try because of its performance. Sometimes I open and close the door twice just to experience how quiet it is. Guess I am easily entertained. Love the no grease concept.

Not worried about the plastic parts plastic....just as long as each is engineered not to crack or deform.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
by Al Perkins
58 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "Better than the movie!", July 20, 2011
My children (7 and 5) watched the movie, prior to the book, embracing it with great delight. After a few months passed, I introduced them to the audio book. My son typically enjoys audio books, as long as he's strapped down on a car ride. However, faced with many other "active" options, once back home, he rarely asks to continue listening to many audio books. This one was the exception. Both my children LOVED it. And, when I asked which was better, the book or the movie, my 7 year old boy heartily replied, "The book!"

Living Cookbook 2011
Living Cookbook 2011
Offered by coolfamilystuff
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $45.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrated! Ingredients in recipe not matching ingredients in shopping list, June 26, 2011
This review is from: Living Cookbook 2011 (CD-ROM)
I'm prepared to change my negative rating, if someone is able to give me a simple solution; however, I've wasted an afternoon on what should be a very basic operation of the program. I started by adding selected recipes to the calendar ("meal plan"). When I then attempted to generate a shopping list, I noted that there were several ingredients that I did not recognize. For example, "1% lowfat milk" and "sliced white mushrooms" were two ingredients in the base recipes. However, on the shopping list generated, they appeared as "lowfat buttermilk" and "Campbell's Chicken and Barley Mushroom Soup". Why can't the ingredients shown in the recipe be automatically transferred to the shopping list? That seems pretty basic. And, if I can't rely on the shopping list generated, what good is it??

I've sent an email to Radium Technologies. I'll update you as soon as I hear back.

Update: I do appreciate the quick response from RT; however, the ingredient database linking issues are still very frustrating. I just spent several minutes entering a new recipe into the database. It was a web recipe, and I used the web pasting function. I turned linking back on and noted 50 percent of the ingredients directly entered from the recipe were not recognized. I then went to the trouble of linking the ingredients that were indicated as not recognized. For example, I changed "finely shredded mozzarella cheese" (not recognized) to "Mozzarella cheese shredded". After performing this operating for several ingredients, the calorie computation was still different (from that shown on the source website (and yes, I did enter the correct number of servings).

If I turn all the linking off, then my shopping list is not categorized, which makes shopping rather time consuming. And on the topic of shopping list, I prefer Mastercook's presentation. It's cleaner. With Living Cookbook, it's difficult for me to sift through all the needless detail (e.g. the recipe from which it comes) in order to see the ingredient I need. This information could be fine, if shown in another column.

Also, relating to Mastercook, although it seemed to have imported all my old Mastercook recipes successfully, I do have widespread ingredient issue (described above) that require remediation.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2011 4:26 AM PDT

Ask
Ask
Price: $34.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Blatantly evolutionist worldview, May 12, 2011
This review is from: Ask (Magazine)
Our first issue arrived. I will quote various articles and examples of the very blatant evolutionary viewpoint: First article - "Humans Just Big Babies": "Why so big? After our ancestors came down from the trees to live on the ground, bigger babies might have had a better chance of survival." The next spread is a cartoon, entitled, "Stone Age." Another article, "Tale of the Dog": "During the last Ice Age, about 60,000 to 12,000 years ago, ancient humans and wolves had much in common." Next article, "Wild Lives": "While Mr. F's ancient ancestors cozied up to human beings, tigers were evolving wild in the forests of India and Asia."

I was not aware when I subscribed that this evolutionary thread would be running through virtually every article presented, and I offer these examples to other parents so that they can make an informed decision when evaluating this magazine.
Comment Comments (46) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2015 2:37 PM PST

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Kit
Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Kit
3 used & new from $37.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Mat too thin, February 18, 2011
I returned this, as it was almost like doing floor work on the bare hardwood floor. The mat was simply too thin for my taste. Instead, I purchased a 5/8-inch mat, and I'm very pleased so far.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Fisher-Price Rainforest Healthy Care High Chair (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Care has been a sturdy, safe, functional chair for 7 years' use, July 16, 2010
We purchased the 2003 version of FP's Healthy Care high chair. Seven years and 3 kids later, this chair looks and functions like new. Our version does not have the wheels and a few "bells and whistles" that the newer models include; however, it has held up well and has been easy to use, clean and has kept our children safe.

Page: 1 | 2