Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Lyman K > Reviews

Browse

Lyman K's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lyman K RSS Feed

Benro C2682TV2 Travel Angel II Tripod Kit Carbon Fiber Twist Lock Legs with V2 Head (Black)
Price: $459.00
2 used & new from $459.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, October 1, 2013
I did a side by side comparison at B&H with comparable Mefoto, Gitzo, Oben, Induro and Manfrotto travel pods. Workmanship, design, apparent stability and feel were on par or better than the higher priced kits. I chose the Benro due to its tool-free conversion to monopod or walking stick configurations. Initially I chose the lighter 1682TV1 model but decided to go with thicker diameter legs; 15mm vs. 12mm small tubes. I ordered the 2682TV2 from Amazon to compare it with and decided to return the lighter model. Though the TV2 is a bit longer, it still fits easily in either of my 20-22" carry on suitcases. The size and extra stability paid off when shooting video off a lawn next to a Manfrotto 190X equipped with a similar camera rig; Canon 7d/70-200mm combo. Neither tripod was weighted in addition to their camera mounts and the 190X shook noticeably in the occasional 10-25mph gusts and was very slow to dampen. The carbon Benro moved with the peak gusts but dampened immediately. There's a hook on the post that can be used for additional weight for better stability. The new V2 head's feel, movement and adjustment knobs were smooth and solidly locked down when tightened. The 5d3 gripped with 70-200/f2.8 (my heaviest configuration) is rock steady in portrait mode.

I am completely satisfied with the value, quality, workmanship and performance of this Benro carbon tripod.

BlackRapid RCH-2E0 Connectr (CR-2) (Black)
BlackRapid RCH-2E0 Connectr (CR-2) (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars Loose pin..., April 24, 2012
The pin that keeps the snap lever in place failed while on an overseas trip without a spare. Fortunately it came apart while I was securing the connector so I didn't lose the tiny piece. I needed to creatively hammer the pin and jam it back in place before securing it with the barrel lock. Though it is locked, I don't have the flexibility of removing the strap from the camera as often as before without unscrewing the fastener from the camera. This will be a great connector when the pin issue is fixed.

Fender Black/Yellow/Red Monogrammed Strap
Fender Black/Yellow/Red Monogrammed Strap
Price: $14.65
31 used & new from $11.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap copy of original vintage strap, August 24, 2011
I presently have two new Fender logo straps... one original that came with an American Strat and another ordered through Amazon. Two different products; the original is slightly thinner with higher quality stitching. The 3rd party strap has a fluffier vinyl padding that wraps around the edge bordering the front logo design. The replacement strap was much longer and probably better suited for low slung bass guitars. When used with a small body guitar, the strap buckle sits over my shoulder vs. further down my back (I'm 5'11").

Over the past twenty years I've had two other Fender logo guitar straps. I like the comfort, look and simplicity of the design and keep gravitating back. The bottom line: this logo strap is not an "original" but a low quality substitute.

Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap (Black)
Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap (Black)
Offered by GenCoDeals
Price: $61.90
158 used & new from $45.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Generally secure and comfortable but with issues, August 13, 2011
Reviewing an RS-7 with FastenR-3 which I have been using for 10 months with a Canon 7D. As previous reviews mentioned it is an excellent concept and design however:
- The carabiner will scratch the camera if mounted directly. I did not recognize the probability until it was too late.
- The extra strap length tends to loosen and flop around; the carrier may not notice but look at other users and it becomes obvious.
- The hinge pin on my carabiner got loose and fell out on an overseas trip.
To solve the scratching issue, I use gaffers tape on the camera, tripod mounting plate spacer or attach the camera grip. I wrapped up the loose strap and tied it with velcro which works but makes it cumbersome for "on the fly" adjustments. BlackRapid's strap is very flexible and light and not made of the toughest grade strapping material. If the manufacturer upgraded their product to at least stiffer backpack grade strap material, the strap might lay flatter and eliminate the issue. Lastly for the snap pin, I found it and secured it by smashing it a few times with a pair of borrowed pliers. However, regardless of the pin's security, there is a sleeve on the carabiner that will firmly lock the assembly and confidently secure the camera. If you don't remove the strap often it shouldn't be a problem but I always remove the strap when I'm done using it for the day.

SANYO 2700mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
SANYO 2700mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst shelf life on any rechargable battery, December 20, 2010
The cells were purchased new approximately 7 mos. ago and consistantly fail to hold their rated capacity. Unless charged and used immediately, I would not trust these cells to provide the expected performance of their labeled rating. After a discharge-charge cycle, I isolated and set the batteries aside and checked their voltage/capacity after a week - 1.17volts and 5% charge remaining. Wasted purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2013 1:19 AM PDT