Profile for Tex-Talk > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tex-Talk RSS Feed (TX United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
Calphalon No Peek Waffle Maker
Price: $97.99
18 used & new from $67.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Second One Works Well, June 7, 2014
Got one of these last month and the top of the waffles did not cook enuf. Returned it and got another because it's a nicely designed and easy to use waffle maker. This second one works much better. Tops of waffles are nearly as dark as the bottom.

Very easy to use, just set it to your desired shade, pour two cups of batter evenly around the bottom plate, close the top and it will beep when they are ready. Very fast cooking. No sticking and no need for oil on the plates. Need a plastic or wood utensil to remove the waffles so you don't damage the non stick coating.

Good product, does it's job. Tho it did take two tries, this second one is very good.

Harper Trucks PM22Y-HDC Pot Mover
Harper Trucks PM22Y-HDC Pot Mover
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Made Pot Mover, March 18, 2014
Just received this a few days ago. No box, just a plastic bag over the item. All rubber tips and handle in good shape. More solid than I thought it would be, well made and sturdy. It's a little small, but does show max. limit to be 75 lbs, so it's right sized for that. We have a very large ceramic pot with a built in saucer on the bottom. I thought the saucer would get in the way but it didn't. This mover has two prongs which extend out from the bottom with rubber tips to grip the pot, then it has a moveable hook which you push down into the pot at the top to hold the plant. Push it into the soil as far as you can because this is all that is holding the plant. Lean it back and walk.

Our pot weighs about 60 lbs., is 16" across the top and 15" high, and that is about as large a pot as I feel this mover can handle. Just my opinion, but that's what it feels like. Larger and I think the plant could fall to the side.

Nice, well made, fair price for what it is.

Apple iMac MD093LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Apple iMac MD093LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
11 used & new from $900.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Computer, December 28, 2012
I got this computer last week from Apple. I ordered thru Apple because I wanted the memory upgrade to 16GB. On the 21.5 model you can't upgrade memory later, so be sure to get what you think you'll need when you order it.

I've always used PCs so this is a slight change, tho easy to readjust to due to my use of the iPad. Very similar usage between the new iPad and this iMac.

Good Things:

*stable system
*initial set up allows easy transfer of files, pics, music, etc. from other computers on your network. Easily transferred all my things from my old PC.
*high quality screen, clear
*very good looking
*good sound

Bad Things:

*if you enlarge fonts on pages with the zoom function, they revert to small at each start up. At least in Safari.
*keypad too small.
*magic mouse takes some getting used to. very different than standard mouse use.
*they claim the screen doesn't reflect, but it does.
*the iCloud's sending everything to all your devices. Don't want everything on all my devices so haven't set it up.

Overall, so many things to learn about to master all the interesting things available on the machine and available thru the iMac app store I'm sure this will be a great computer as I learn it all.

Above are just my initial impressions. Great upgrade from my PC experience, recommended highly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 12:42 PM PDT

Perfect Coat Gentle Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo, 16-Ounce (I610EA)
Perfect Coat Gentle Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo, 16-Ounce (I610EA)
Price: $6.34
15 used & new from $4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dog Shampoo, August 7, 2012
Our dog has many skin allergies. We've tried numerous brands and types of shampoo searching for something which would leave her beautiful coat shinny and not aggrevate her allergies. This is the perfect product for that. No perfumes or harsh chemicals, rinses off easily (which is good because she is the size of a mini-van)and leaves her clean and looking great. We bathe her once a week with it.

Highly Recommended

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Bag goes a Long Way, August 7, 2012
I always use seaweed fertilizer for my vegetable gardens. Things grow so well with no chemicals. Twice a month veggies are watered with this and they produce well.

I've previously used the liquid formula, this is my first experience with the dry type. I find it better because I have gardens at a Community Garden and have to bring this with me. The liquid, ofcourse is much heavier, so transporting this is easier. It disolves quickly and works well. I've used it all summer according to their instructions for dilution in a 2 gal. watering can (2 TBSP) and there is enough left for at least 2 more years.

Highly recommended.

Empire Replacement Battery for ZTE C70, C88, E520, F160
Empire Replacement Battery for ZTE C70, C88, E520, F160
2 used & new from $11.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Battery, Description Wrong, August 7, 2012
I got this battery and it was not made for my model cell phone. Their ad specifically listed my phone so I was really annoyed. Tho when I notified them they did send the correct battery quickly. It does not fit the F160.

So sloppy company performance but they are honest.

Snugg iPad 3 & 4 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Black Leather) for Apple iPad 3 and 4
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: $59.98
3 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient, Well Fitting, Nice Cover, April 9, 2012
Received this Saturday, only took a few days to get here after ordering. I read all the reviews here plus the many comments and thank all who have posted before me for excellent advice and overview of the product.

As stated by many, this cover fits well, feels soft (not real leather, but nice pseudo stuff) and is comfortable to hold, the magnets activated the on/off function without my having to set anything in the Settings area as recommended by some reviewers. All the cut outs are in the right place and allow easy access to necessary functions.

After reading numerous negative reviews of screen protectors being used with the Retina display, I've decided to just go with this cover and no screen protector. The case seems like it will do an excellent job of protecting the iPad when being carried and when I'm using it, I don't want the beautiful screen quality diminished by a piece of plastic stuck on to it.

So this case is on it's own.

Good price for the quality, highly recommended.

Chef'n FreshForce Self Sharpening Pizza Wheel
Chef'n FreshForce Self Sharpening Pizza Wheel
Price: $16.56
9 used & new from $16.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pizza Cutter, November 26, 2011
I've had this cutter for about 3 weeks and find it probably the best one I've ever had. At first I was cutting my pizza on it's metal baking pan, which was a mistake with this cutter. It has a very fine, sharp edge which can dent easily so I switched to putting the pizza back on it's cardboard packing shape and then cutting it. Perfect. No dented cutter, excellent, clean cuts with no toppings squishing out all over the place. It's sharpener came in very handy for my mistake on the metal and easily resharpened and shaped the blade and it was sharp and straight again.

When in the drawer, the sharpener/cover works well to keep it from getting banged up by other utensils. It's heavy weight and firm blade all make it a quality product.

All-Clad 3021 Hard Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Square Griddle Specialty Cookware, 11-Inch, Black
Price: $47.99
21 used & new from $43.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Not "LTD" as shown, tho decent, September 8, 2011
I ordered this because it was shown as All Clad LTD and I have many LTD pieces and thought this would be the same. It isn't. It's some cheapened version of All Clad which for some reason Amazon is claiming is "LTD". LTD used to be a higher line, better internal components, than plain All Clad.

They used to make all their items in the USA, then they shifted some production to China (can't anyone make anything here anymore? This stuff is plenty expensive enuf to be made here!)and now they've reduced quality as well as production off shore.

So it arrived with no notation of LTD on the box nor on on the bottom of the pan where there used to be an LTD logo.

It's just plain old anodized aluminum as far as I can tell, with no stainless under the non stick coating. Seems to me this pan should sell for about $30 as it's not really what they claim.

Seems like a decent, tho very thin, pan. I haven't used it yet as I was considering returning it for false representation, but it's not really bad just inferior to their previous products.

I guess All Clad is not the old All Clad many long time users have come to expect. Times change and so have they....for the worse.

Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with Full 1080p HD Video (Red)
Offered by Wall Street Photo
Price: $256.41
27 used & new from $69.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Red Color Has Smooth Finish, July 28, 2011
Many excellent reviews already posted by experienced photographers. So I'll keep it brief and mention a few things I've found. I found the black model at Walmart and thought the texture (like sandpaper) was terrible and if that was all they had, they could keep it. On line I found the red and gray, and they are smooth textured, much better. I ordered the red from another retailer as they had a free case with purchase.

Very nice, well built camera, made in Japan which usually indicates more quality. Auto is great for quick shots and most use, many settings also available for more experienced photographers. The auto focus can focus on something other than what you want, if that happens, switch the button on the back from auto down to the camera icon, choose P mode and set the focus to Center (check owner's manual for full instructions). It will stay that way so anytime you want to better control focus all you'll have to do is switch the button down.

Nice clear, colorful pictures. Good low light ability so you don't have to blast the flash all the time. I don't use it for movies so can't comment on that.

Personally, I'd stay away from the sandpaper black edition if buying this camera.
Comment Comment | Permalink