Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Mark W Richards" RSS Feed (Charleston, SC USA)

Woods 430 6-Foot 18/2-Gauge SJTW Flood Light with Stake, Green
Woods 430 6-Foot 18/2-Gauge SJTW Flood Light with Stake, Green
Price: $9.33
18 used & new from $7.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive way to light up back yard for a party, December 23, 2013
I was looking for a temporary but bright lighting system to "up-light" some trees in the backyard for a party. These turned out to be perfect.

Some minor assembly was required but it only took about a minute to do. The only complaint (and it is minor) is that the plastic stake is pretty flimsy. If you have very rocky or dense clay soil, you may be disappointed.

For the price, you can't beat these flood lights.

230 lb Rubber Bumper Plate Set
230 lb Rubber Bumper Plate Set
Offered by NEW YORK BARBELL OF ELMIRA CORP.
Price: $264.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Shipped fast and just what I was looking for, October 23, 2013
This review is from: 230 lb Rubber Bumper Plate Set
Best value on the web for rubber bumper plates. Excellent quality. Packaged well. Shipped fast. Used them today doing squats and cleans. What else could you want?

XMark  Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Bench XM-7630
XMark Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Bench XM-7630
Offered by VirVentures
Price: $283.00
11 used & new from $283.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, well built bench. Perfect for big guys., October 22, 2013
I have looked at a bunch of benches for my garage gym and this one blew them all away. At 6'4" tall and a 250 pounds, I am not comfortable doing any serious work on most of the consumer benches that are on the market. This one is an exception.

Assembly was simple and straightforward. The fastener kit includes the tools you'll need to do the work which will take about 20-30 minutes. The number and type of fasteners isn't onerous and they come neatly packaged and labeled to simplify the process.

The range of motion for the incline and decline is fine. When assembled, the bench feels sturdy. The extra thick stops for the incline inspire confidence when doing that kind of work.

I highly recommend this bench for anyone doing serious work in their home gym and even think it would do well in an institutional gym too. It is that well put together. Even my picky trainer was impressed with it.

80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on making great choices in marketing, October 7, 2013
My number one reason for recommending this book to time starved entrepreneurs is it offers a clear path to marketing success amid a sea of choices. With so many different ways to market a product or a service, I sometimes feel like a deer in the headlights. Should I focus on social media? Is content marketing what I should do? Ads? Should I even consider direct mail? Through his well written book, Perry answers these questions and a bunch more.

After reading it I felt like Archimedes with a long lever and a place to stand. I could move my "marketing world" with a few important actions and effectively ignore the rest.

Pit Posse 903 Overhead Storage Shop Aluminum Cabinet Race Car Enclosed Cargo Trailer Shelf
Offered by Chrome World
Price: $283.46
3 used & new from $269.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built, all welded, worked like I needed them to., October 7, 2013
I bought these to use for one of my companies trucks. The cabinets arrived on time, were all welded aluminum, and looked great. The only disappointment (and a minor one at that) was the way the doors are made. They are not a full door but rather a sheet of diamond plate aluminum with a slight "brake" on one edge to give it some stiffness as opposed to a full door. But, this is a pretty minor issue for most folks including us.

The Killer Instinct: How To Master It And Achieve Anything That You Want
The Killer Instinct: How To Master It And Achieve Anything That You Want
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A little machiavellian for my taste but a great quick read, October 7, 2013
This is a great little book that I recommend to budding entrepreneurs and folks entering the workforce. It is a quick read, is well written, and flows nicely. For some, it may seem that the author is espousing selfishness. But I think a better way to look at it is the only way you will be a net positive contributor to the world is to be clear about what you want to achieve and to go after that without distraction. It's worth a read.

leeclowsbeard
leeclowsbeard
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Knew a Beard Could Be So Wise..., December 8, 2012
This review is from: leeclowsbeard (Kindle Edition)
I love this book even though I am not in the advertising biz. I picked it up because I work with a woman that owns an ad agency and wanted to better understand her world.

The most impressive thing about this book is that the wisdom imparted from a collection of tweets is useful in any creative endeavor. I believe this book will be interesting to you if you do creative work and/or you are an entrepreneur or aspire to be one.

My only caveat would be for you to purchase the dead tree version of this book. The kindle version is tedious because of the way the book is formatted. You will find yourself flipping back and forth between "e" pages trying to read some of the pithier text. It takes away some of the magic.

In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best Ideas Have Something Missing
In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best Ideas Have Something Missing
by Matthew E. May
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than some of the reviews would imply, October 21, 2009
First of all, I have well over 2000 biz books in my library and this is one of my favorite books. It takes a very difficult subject, elegance, and does a credible job explaining what it is and what it isn't.

This is not a step by step book to creating elegant solutions or products. Rather, it presents a compelling argument on why subtraction can lead to elegance. Why doing nothing is so difficult for humans and organizations but is many times the right thing "to do". Why in-action or restraining your brain from wanting to add can lead to breakthroughs in elegant design.

The author works hard to give examples from a wide range of disciplines. Because of this broad stroke of the brush, the only complaint would be that he does not delve deep enough into some of these examples. But by leaving some space, it made me want to dig deeper into some of the examples. Engaging a readers curiosity to seek more is exactly what elegance is all about. And I think the author balanced this perfectly.

Do yourself a favor...ignore the negative reviews on here. Under no circumstance does this book deserve less than 4 stars. It is easy to read and engages your brain in a provocative way...what more can you ask from a book?

Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box
by Arbinger Institute
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the critics... read this book and decide for yourself, June 9, 2002
I am an avid reader with well over 900 books in my library that I have read and studied over the years. Because I have been subjected to some garbage printed on what were once perfectly good trees, I am sceptical of most self-help books and concepts. (for instance, I hated "Who Moved My Cheese") However, this book rates in my top 5 for the ability to provide the keys to positive personal transformation. I absolutely love the concept presented in this book. You cannot read it without being changed by it.
The beauty of the concept presented in this easy to read book is that it can be implemented in your life immediately with positive feedback coming instantly. You will not need to get the other people in your life to read this book to make it work for you. Powerfully transforming. I recomend this book without hesitation.
Ignore the negative criticism presented by a few naysayers in the 55 posts below...