Profile for David Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 98

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Smith "doctorjn" RSS Feed (Richmond, VA. USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Takeya Classic Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, Black, 22-Ounce
Takeya Classic Glass Water Bottle with Silicone Sleeve, Black, 22-Ounce
Price: $14.72
12 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is of excellent quality. The the cap is strong and secures ..., May 17, 2015
I've had this bottle for the last 8 months and take it to the gym regularly, and I also take it running. It is of excellent quality. The the cap is strong and secures firmly and there have been no leakage issues. The glass is thick, and it seems to be built to last. I bought this mainly because I worried about plastic and metal bottles leaching compounds into my water. I've liked this bottle so much that I ordered another 2 so I can clean them and and let them dry as I rotate them since I use them 6 days a week. The best glass bottle on the market I've come across! It's fantastic!

Professional Leather Laptop Briefcase Color: Vintage Brown
Professional Leather Laptop Briefcase Color: Vintage Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Professional with the Right Amount of "Distressed" Look, April 12, 2013
I've had this bag for only about two months, but I bring it to the office daily, and I really like it. It feels and appears well-made, and the pockets/compartments are nicely designed and accommodate all of the things I like to have with me in an attache case.

With that said, I will warn you that it's heavy, making it rugged, but also substantial. If you're shorter than 6', that strap will be a little too long, even at it's shortest setting, but using the extra rivets they give you, you can place them in the strap folded to make it shorter.

I especially like the closure it uses. I have been trying to find an attache/briefcase that uses this closure for years! They are absolutely the best in my opinion.

All-in-all, I have found it to be good buy.

Feit Electric 100A/25K/4 Decade 100-Watt A19 Household Bulb, White, 4 Pack
Feit Electric 100A/25K/4 Decade 100-Watt A19 Household Bulb, White, 4 Pack
2 used & new from $87.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, but w/ a Cost of Lumens, April 12, 2013
These bulbs are very well-made, close to the quality of Hytron light bulbs (they are harder to find). They have a brass base (which is better than the standard aluminum base). The filament is thick and strongly supported by five support wires in addition to the two lead wires. The glass has some minor imperfections (tiny bubbles) but nothing I would expect to cause a weak point in the glass or affect optics in any tangible way.

The frosted (soft white) version of this bulb purportedly puts-out 1,030 lumens, which is less than a standard 100-watt bulb by about 1,700+ lumens. The 1,030 lumen rating is more in line with rough/vibration service bulbs - which these are. Strength/durability comes at a cost of light output.

That being said, and the scarcity of incandescent light bulbs due to the ridiculous ban, these are worth picking-up.

If you're using these in garages, basements, porch lights, etc. then clear is the way to go as they will be a bit brighter. If indoors, frosted will be much more pleasant as all clear bulbs tend to cast unpleasant shadows from lamp shade supports, etc. and are better utility bulbs.

These bulbs are made in China, unfortunately. I prefer the American-made Hytron bulbs that last 10,000+ hours apiece, but the Feit Decade Bulbs are admittedly VERY good quality and I am pleased to own them.

Feit Electric 100A/CL/25K/4 Decade 100-Watt A19 Bulb, Clear, 4 Pack
Feit Electric 100A/CL/25K/4 Decade 100-Watt A19 Bulb, Clear, 4 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, But Comes w/ a Lumen Sacrifice, April 12, 2013

The clear version of this bulb purportedly puts-out 1,030 lumens, which is less than a standard 100-watt bulb by about 1,700+ lumens. The 1,030 lumen rating is more in line with rough/vibration service bulbs - which these are. Strength/durability comes at a cost of light output.

If you're using these in garages, basements, porch lights, etc. then clear is the way to go. If indoors, frosted will be much more pleasant as all clear bulbs make terrible shadows and are better utility bulbs.

These are made in China, unfortunately. I prefer the American-made Hytron bulbs that last 10,000+ hours apiece, but the Feit Decade Bulbs are admittedly VERY good quality and I am pleased to own them.

L'Equip 306150 480 Watts Mini Pulp Ejection Juicer, Gray
L'Equip 306150 480 Watts Mini Pulp Ejection Juicer, Gray
Offered by BoschMixers
Price: $99.99
15 used & new from $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Juicer!, December 22, 2012
I bought this juicer over a year ago and don't regret it. I use it all the time. It is easy to clean, powerful, and excellent quality.

Military Glass Signal Mirror
Military Glass Signal Mirror
Offered by P Coast Partners
Price: $20.71
5 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the real deal!, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Military Glass Signal Mirror
This is much much more reflective than the acrylic mirrors out there (I know I have one). Go for this one. If you're talking about a real survival situation, you will want the best chance of rescue.

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse
The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse
by Fernando FerFAL Aguirre
Price: $22.10
44 used & new from $19.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Book - Even for Seasoned Preppers, July 7, 2011
There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said here, but this book has so much real life, intelligent information in it, that even for the more seasoned prepper this book has alot of extra information to offer. It's not another one of those "go live in the wilderness" kind of books. You have to read it to understand, but it's the best prepper book Ive bought (and I've bought a number of them).

Oster Professional 10 Universal Comb Set Specially Designed to Fit Oster Clippers
Offered by cosmeticbeautyplace
Price: $24.93
23 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent combs for Oster 76, February 16, 2011
I bought these for my Oster 76 and they fit beautifully. I understand from some other posts that these combs are NOT completely universal on all Oster combs. These are Oster brand, and they are Made in USA!
A great buy and well worth the money.
They also come with a carrying pouch.

Remington SCC-100 Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable, Cordless, Haircut Kit, Black
Remington SCC-100 Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable, Cordless, Haircut Kit, Black
Price: $26.24
3 used & new from $26.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, but poorly constructed, February 16, 2011
I love the design! But it has poor battery life will eventually die completely, and cannot work corded. It's another one of those great designs screwed-up by making them with substandard Chinese quality.

Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head and Automatic Cleaning System for Men
Price: $144.99
48 used & new from $144.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Japanese Quality - Ditched My Norelco, February 12, 2011
I have been a Norelco user for all of my adult life. For many years, they made superb quality razors; but nowadays, their Chinese-made razors just don't measure-up to what they used to be. So I finally decided to look for another brand. I've always had good experiences with Panasonic, but I wanted to find a razor that was actually made in Japan and NOT CHINA. This one fit the bill and had amazing reviews.
After using this for a little less than a month so far, I can tell you my experience has been great. It cuts so close and smooth. I have a very heavy beard and this does the trick. I didn't have any irritation either when transitioning to this new razor. You can feel the quality when you hold this razor. Also the cleaning base works much better than I expected. It cleans and dries the razor better than any other system I've used.
I am really impressed. For those of you who are tired of buying cheap quality Chinese goods that never work that great to begin with and you have to keep replacing and want to start investing in quality, this razor is a good choice.
It's time we as consumers start putting our money back into quality items like this one and send a message to manufacturers.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10