Profile for J. Holbrook > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Holbrook RSS Feed

Never Girls #3: A Dandelion Wish (Disney: The Never Girls) (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))
by Kiki Thorpe
Price: $5.39
80 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books for reluctant readers, August 20, 2013
My youngest daughter (just turned 9) does not love reading. She reads well, but she just doesn't get lost in a book the way her siblings do, and as I have always done. I picked up the first book in this series without much hope. She loves fairies, and Tinkerbell in particular, but other stories involving Tink haven't managed to capture her attention. But these - WOW! I don't quite understand why - I read them, and while I think they are cute and well-written and definitely nothing I have any objection to her reading - I don't understand why these seem so different to her. But they do and that's all that matters! She read the first one in two days, she's never done that before with a chapter book, the second one in half that time and immediately asked me for more. I pre-ordered this third one and she loves it just as much. She tells me all about them, she gets lost in them, and most importantly she wants to read them without any prodding or suggesting from me. And that, for me, earns five stars!

Pressman Pokeball Flip Game
Pressman Pokeball Flip Game
Offered by nyc0123
Price: $12.88
14 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A really fun game for Pokemon fans!, November 27, 2008
This review is from: Pressman Pokeball Flip Game (Toy)
This game is a lot of fun! It's a timed game, with a timer that goes for five minutes, and cards to draw that gives players different things to do. Every once in a while you draw a card where you have to "flip" the card on the Poke paddle - not an easy task! Some of my children are young, so we pause the timer when anyone is using the paddle, otherwise they were getting really frustrated, but with that modification, the game is easily played by children from ages 4 and up. The whole family had a great time playing this together, with lots of laughing and cheering all around. If there is a Pokemon fan in the family, this game would make a great gift!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2009 6:14 AM PST

ALEX® Toys - Artist Studio My Art Spinner Refill 167R
ALEX® Toys - Artist Studio My Art Spinner Refill 167R
Offered by S.W. Randall Toyes and Giftes
Price: $7.95
4 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun for kids (and grown ups too!), November 27, 2008
I bought the My Art Spinner for my 9 yo son's birthday and bought the refill pack to go with it. I am VERY glad I did because the kids used up all the supplies that came with the Spinner and most of the refill pack within the first few days. They love this toy and it makes some really cool pictures. I have read reviews that says the spinner is hard to clean but I haven't found that the case at all, just wipe it out before the paint dries and it's clean in seconds. Definitely get the refill pack if you're getting the Spinner, you will need it on hand during that first excited burst of use!