Profile for Amazon Sucks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Sucks "Amazon Sells Your Private Information" RSS Feed (North Pole)

I Remember Charlie Parker
I Remember Charlie Parker
Price: $10.99
53 used & new from $1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal, February 11, 2010
This album didn't immediately "wow" me when I first heard it, because I had already heard Virtuoso I and Virtuoso II. I was also in my teens when I first listened to this album. I began listening to this album again a few years ago and this time my reaction was completely different. This album along with Virtuoso, Virtuoso II, Virtuoso in New York is pure genius. What's more amazing is this is a prime example of how well Joe can play. This is not a solo recital of pre-arranged, pre-written music for solo guitar. Joe can take the melody and harmony, weave in bass lines and single note lines, change the tempo, reharmonize a tune (with beautiful and original harmonic concepts) several times in one track and do it all on the fly. It doesn't sound stitled or memorized like a classical piece of music. It flows unlike any other solo guitar playing I've ever heard. Enough with analyzing this album. It's beautiful music and I highly recommend it. It seems that everytime I listen to this album, I like it better.

Virtuoso In New York
Virtuoso In New York
Price: $13.69
41 used & new from $4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Virtuoso In New York (Audio CD)
How is it that these tracks never got released when Joe Pass recorded them? It's mind boggling. The guitar playing is tremendous and every bit as good, if not better than his Virtuoso II album. JP was the king of solo jazz guitar. His work is timeless. This album is a must own for jazz afficianados.

Firefly
Firefly
Price: $10.99
41 used & new from $5.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible guitar playing, April 16, 2008
This review is from: Firefly (Audio CD)
Emily Remler was an amazing guitarist. This album is a must for anyone who loves traditional, "straight ahead" jazz.

Terror and Consent : The Wars for the Twenty-First Century
Terror and Consent : The Wars for the Twenty-First Century
by Philip Bobbitt
104 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Globalist Propoganda, April 16, 2008
This book is a blatant attempt to indoctrinate the ignorant into believing that we must give up our liberty and dismantle the U.S. Constitution to be safe. This of course is an outright lie. This book is biased towards a Globalist world view and reads like it was written by someone who had the entire Bilderberg Group and Council on Foreign Relations looking over his shoulder as he was writing.

To the remaining patriots out there and those who love freedom and justice, make no mistake. Mr. Philip Bobbitt is an enemy of the American people and an enemy of freedom.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 5, 2009 11:58 PM PDT