Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for rsd22 > Reviews

Browse

rsd22's Profile

Customer Reviews: 97

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rsd22 RSS Feed (Bradford, Vermont)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sabrent USB 3.0 to SATA Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station for 2.5 or 3.5in HDD, SSD with Hard Drive Duplicator/Cloner Function [4TB Support] (EC-HDD2)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $49.99
36 used & new from $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me with no problems, April 24, 2016
Only used once so far, to clone a small SS Windows 10 HD from a laptop to a much larger spinning drive, and it worked perfectly. First, DISCONNECT the USB cable. Install the source and target drives in the Sabrent. DO NOT CONNECT THE USB CABLE but make sure the Sabrent power supply is plugged in. Press and hold the clone button (on the opposite end of the box from the much more prominent on/off switch) until the LED starts blinking, then go get a cup of coffee. When the LED stops blinking you are done. In my case about 10 minutes for 50Gb. I almost took one star away for the cryptic instruction sheet, but I took another look at the wording and it actually does tell you exactly what to do using an absolute minimum of words. The only negatives, neither really the fault of the Sabrent, are (1) after cloning a small drive to a larger drive you'll need a third party tool (like Minitool Partition Wizard) to extend the partition on the larger drive to the size you want (assuming you want a larger partition than you started with), and (2) if you're replacing the small drive with the large drive--at least in a Windows 10 machine--Windows may think it is no longer activated due to the hardware change. I don't know how common this problem is; it did happen to me. This may or may not be difficult to correct; it wasn't in my case because I had plenty of previous Windows 7 installation keys to refer to. I haven't used it as an external drive bay but I did verify that the computer sees a drive in the Sabrent as a USB device.

Anker® Ultra Slim 2.4G Wireless Compact Keyboard with Dedicated Hot Keys for Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compact keyboard, April 6, 2016
I didn't have much hope for this keyboard when I started using it because it is SO light. However, it's become one of my favorites - in fact it's now dedicated to the computer I use most of the time at home. This happens to be a Linux machine, incidentally, for which no obscure drivers were required - the keyboard just worked. The 'feel' is OK; the keys need a determined press before they register, but once one adapts to this characteristic, it's dead reliable. There is no off switch but it doesn't seem that one is needed. This unit has been 'on' for more than 3 months continuously, using ordinary alkaline batteries (not 'max' or lithium) and it's still going strong. A minor feature of the inexpensive construction is the fact that the key labels are not printed, they're decals that have visible borders, but they're not showing any signs of wear and for the price...I can't complain. This keyboard replaces a Logitech bluetooth board which had a much more 'solid' feel, but (1) the Logitech sometimes took a few keystrokes before it would 'wake up', (2) the Logitech had only 5 rows of keys - this has 6 with a dedicated row of function keys, which I think is important, and (3) this Anker is even more compact but still big enough so that you don't feel like you're working with a toy.

Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector, JETech Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, February 22, 2016
The protector didn't cover the screen as completely as I had expected, plus there was a small piece of debris on the back (sticky) side of the protector that could not be eliminated. Although it didn't degrade the performance of the screen on the phone at all, I couldn't stand the deficiencies and removed it after a couple of days.

UV Blacklight Flashlight Pet Stain & Urine Detector - Best Ultra Violet Torch to Use With Natures Miracle, Anti Icky Poo to Find Stains & Keep Urine Off - Include 3xAAA Alkaline Batteries Installed
Offered by The Prime Merchant
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, January 23, 2016
Works fine on urine stains left by our "guest" dog, and our own dogs breathed a sigh of relief when we were able to establish that they weren't the culprits.
Added later: Just discovered that this light is a fantastic counterfeit bill detector. Genuine bills have a stripe and a series of numbers showing the bill denomination printed in a scatter pattern, all of which show up only under UV. The flashlight has just migrated to my wife's gift shop.

Multipet Bouncy Burrow Fox 20-Inch No Stuffing Dog Toy
Multipet Bouncy Burrow Fox 20-Inch No Stuffing Dog Toy
Price: $5.94
8 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs love these, October 23, 2015
Our dogs (2 collies and a lab) love these toys. They're nearly indestructible (the toys) and are just perfect for a game of tug of war. Also, the squeekers are totally soft plastic, so when they get torn out they're benign. The lab in particular will walk around for hours squeeking continously, like a 4-year old with a toy drum. We have both the raccoon and the fox; basically identical.

Multipet Bouncy Burrow Raccoon 20-Inch No Stuffing Dog Toy

Offered by SARC Enterprises
Price: $158.00
6 used & new from $158.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, September 17, 2015
I've had this printer connected to my Linux Mint box for more than a year. I have Canon, Epson, and Brother printers also on my network (connected to machines running Windows 7, Windows 10, and Mac OSX-Mavericks). This Samsung - by far the least expensive of the lot - is the go-to unit when one of the others acts up. Print quality is excellent and the duplex has been flawless. I'm not sure that I even know how to clear a jam because I just haven't had the need. I will admit that I consistently use premium paper in all the machines because I just hate to touch or look at chintzy material, and this might have had an impact on the perfect performance of the Samsung (where other users have had problems). Still on my initial toner unit, but I did just order a backup because it's telling me I need to.

Tripp Lite 2-Port VGA Switch, Manual (3x HD15F) (B112-002-R)
Tripp Lite 2-Port VGA Switch, Manual (3x HD15F) (B112-002-R)
Price: $11.63
136 used & new from $11.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Claims to be plug and play and is - for VGA, September 10, 2015
This only works if you are satisfied with SVGA resolution on your monitor. I wanted to alternately connect my work MacBook Pro using the Apple Thunderbolt to VGA adapter to a Samsung SyncMaster 2343BWX monitor that I also use with a PC running Windows 10. Both of these combinations work fine when the monitor analog input cable is connected manually to one computer or the other; the monitor runs at its optimum 2048 x 1152 resolution. However, with the switch in place, neither computer can get the monitor above SVGA resolution. In fact the Mac just gives up quickly and pretends the monitor isn't there. Opening the switch up I note that many of the conductors are not switched (or connected in fact). Without digging into the hardware plug and play protocols I suspect that the computers are simply not fully communicating with the monitor and don't really know what is on the output ends of the VGA cables. My error I guess, should have taken their word for it that it's only VGA.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2015 7:01 AM PDT

Electrolux EIFLW50LIW IQ-Touch 4.2 Cu. Ft. White Stackable Front Load Washer - Energy Star
Offered by 1 Stop Camera & Appliances
Price: Click here to see our price

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Purchase Decision, June 8, 2015
We have owned this machine for less than a year and it has already required 2 service calls, once for failure to drain and once for leaking. The service person blames dog hair for the problems, but we had the same dogs for many years with no problems with our 15-year old Frigidaire top loader. Apparently (according to the service person) there was a recent cosmetic change to this model that turned the drain filter from an easily accessible and cleanable component to one that requires major disassembly. Others have commented on the odor emanating from the rubber gasket; I can confirm that it's strong and obnoxious. This was a bad purchase decision on our part - I expect to bite the bullet and replace it soon. (The companion dryer, in contrast, seems fine).
Update 1 week later:
Now three service calls, again for leaking.

Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android3.0+
Logitech Tablet Keyboard for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android3.0+
Offered by Number 1 Distributors
Price: $46.99
49 used & new from $17.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on a Linux Mint desktop, June 4, 2015
I paired this with the Satechi USB 4.0 Bluetooth adapter on my Linux Mint 17.1 desktop machine, and it works perfectly. I didn't need to load drivers for either the keyboard or the Bluetooth adapter. I wanted use this keyboard in order to minimize the required desk space while not losing anything except the number keypad, and it has filled that requirement perfectly. The keys feel solid, the spacing is easy to adapt to, and it looks good. To my surprise, the Bluetooth even becomes active before the sign-on process begins (on my machine anyway) so I don't even have to have a hardwired keyboard available for user name and password entry.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10