Profile for Peter Huboi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Huboi RSS Feed

NETGEAR AC1750 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C6300)
NETGEAR AC1750 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router (C6300)
Price: $216.99
53 used & new from $179.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow DNS response from cable provider problem solved, April 23, 2015
Very fast. I bought it because I was getting very slow DNS server response from my cable provider and their cable modem they were renting me for $10 per month did not let me set an alternative DNS address. Now that I'm using Googles public DNS , my pages load immediately . I liked the fact that I could easily back up my cable modem router settings before I changed anything. User interface was intuitive, even in the "advanced settings" . I did not have to look up anything in the manual.

Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with Speakerphone
Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with Speakerphone
Price: Click here to see our price
39 used & new from $46.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 6, 2014
Great sound from a small portable device.

Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
by Brian Solis
100 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars "We are media", April 21, 2010
I titled my review with the Brian's leading point in Chapter 19 "Unveiling the New Influencers". If you are looking for a crash course on Social Media and it's influence on your brand and where your potential customers are getting their information, this is a great book at a very decent price.

Marketing messages are no longer just carefully crafted press releases, company edited web content, and polished brochures. Through blogs, twitter, linkedin, youtube, facebook and many other social media venues, the collective "We" are the new influencers. In short, "WE ARE MEDIA". Our opinions collectively surface for consideration when the customer searches the internet in the research phase before making a purchase decision. Sometimes an articulate end user can appear to be a more trusted source than the purveyor of the product.

If you are in marketing, not only do you need to understand SEO (Search Engine Optimization), but you now need to understand SMO (Social Media Optimization). You can read a lot of Brian's content found in this book on his blog. Sample it there. Then buy this book (just so you can dog ear pages and step away from your media screens).

Winter Guitar
Winter Guitar
Price: $18.76
17 used & new from $1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars This Holiday CD makes a great gift, August 28, 2009
This review is from: Winter Guitar (Audio CD)
This CD (along with the Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas CD) is one of the Holiday season CDs I play most often. It's usually the one I continue to play after Christmas when I've "had enough" of my other Holiday CDs. Makes a great gift. Laurence Juber's guitar playing is incredible. Great production value and simple. It's solo guitar... not over orchestrated and layered with a lot of other instruments that don't need to be there. Just one master of the guitar doing what he does best.

Audio-Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
Audio-Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
Offered by Tri State Camera
Price: $28.99
25 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lapel mic for the price, August 28, 2009
The Audio Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone appears to be a nearly identical replacement lavalier mic from the recently discontinued Audio-Technica ATR-35S Lavalier Microphone.

Reading some blog advice about video podcasting and playing around a bit with making YouTube videos, "sound" in video is usually the part that makes video quality bad. So I was looking for a reasonably price lapel mic to use. The ATR-3350 is quite inexpensive considering that you can easily spend $200 for a professional model lapel mic.

If you read some of the "1" (hate it) reviews from the ATR-35S, they pretty much all related to "low volume issues". You may see some similar reviews here as time goes on. Plugging the ATR-3350 directly into my Dell laptop PC mic in or camera mic in, I also thought the volume is not high enough. However, plugging it into my video camera, it sounded great. Just the right volume. Not too loud or soft.

I went to the support site for ATR and asked my question on volume on my laptop PC mic in. Support on the ATR site was good. I got a quick response back on my question about volume on my laptop. The advice was "Look for MIC Boost in the Advanced Controls for microphone in the Volume Control window of Voice recording under the Voice tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties of Windows to boost the level of a microphone. (Windows XP example given.)".

I'm giving it "5" for the product considering value for the price and the support I got. I'm sure the quality does not get anywhere near professional mics with XLR inputs. Those mics are in a different class. Certainly not in this price range.

Be careful if you have a rolling chair and use this mic near your PC. The cord is thin and probably easy to make the mic "nonfunctional" if you were to roll over the cable with all your weight pinching the thin cord under a wheel.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2012 10:15 AM PDT