Profile for Jeff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff RSS Feed (Orange County, CA USA)

FIJI Natural Artesian Water, 33-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
FIJI Natural Artesian Water, 33-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 12)
Price: $31.05
6 used & new from $31.05

5.0 out of 5 stars WATER, February 8, 2014
If you enjoy water, then this water is for you! Perfect blend of H, 2, and O that make for a refreshing beverage that tastes like... well.. water!

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms
Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 8 ms
14 used & new from $239.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Monitor - NO ANTI-GLARE COATING ISSUES, February 8, 2014
I was wary of this monitor a bit after reading several reviews talking about the heavy anti-glare coating on the screen, rendering the monitor useless as the coating was so distracting to the user. My experience has been that, yes, there is a SLIGHT coating on the screen that I can BARELY see when my face is about 4 inches from the monitor itself AND I am working in a dark room. The reality of my situation is that I work during the day, in a brightly lit room that has several windows. When I am working in these conditions, the anti-glare coating does what it is supposed to do, and is not visible to me. I keep the monitor at 100% brightness and level 100 contrast as I work mostly in Excel, read PDFs, and browse the web. I feel like this monitor was made for an office environment, and it executes its purposes flawlessly. Additionally, at the time of this review, this monitor is going for $205 and free shipping with Prime. Cannot beat that.

PROS:
- Viewing angles. Thanks to the IPS display
- Super bright. Excellent for working during the day in a well lit room
- Configurations. This monitor can rotate, twist, and raise/lower like a champ
- Size. For me - 23" @ 1920X1080 keeps text size just right, but pixel density good enough for amazing photo and video clarity.
- Colors. Comes out of the box almost perfectly color calibrated, Very impressed with this from an office monitor.
- Menu. Super easy, making adjustments (brightness, contrast) take less than 3 seconds due to the well designed menu interface.

CONS:
- Bulky bezel. While not major or that noticeable, this monitors bezels are thick and chunky, which is not super aesthetically pleasing.

Overall I am very satisfied with this monitor, and it will serve its purpose well for the next several years.

Arkon Travel iPad and Android Tablet Stand for Apple iPad Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Galaxy Tab Nexus 7
Price: $12.99
15 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says it does..., April 28, 2012
Just got this bad boy yesterday, and I am already impressed with how compact it folds down, and how sturdy it keeps my Asus Transformer Pad 300 steady. The rubberish (very soft) grips will keep any tablet from sliding around too much while in the stand, and the back part can easily be adjusted to set your tablet at almost any viewing angle.

Overall the build quality is good, and it flat out does what it is supposed to. Not for very much money either!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2012 5:16 AM PDT

ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue) 2012 Model
ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue) 2012 Model
Offered by Firemall LLC
Price: Click here to see our price
72 used & new from $96.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet - Some Display Issues, however, April 25, 2012
I first ordered this tablet the day that it was available. After doing much research on the Prime vs the TF300, I figured that the TF300 would fit my needs perfectly, and I would not have to spend an additional $120 for the Prime. I also was able to get the keyboard dock (which is a REALLY nice addition) for $125. The end result was getting the TF300 and Dock for about the same price as JUST the Prime itself. A great deal if you ask me!

The only issue I had with the TF300 was that the first one I received had "light bleed" on the top and bottom of the display. I read that the original transformer had issues with this as noted here [...]. I could not find this issue relating to the Prime (probably due to the Super IPS+ display, or that Asus has become aware of the issue).

Overall a great Android tablet. One of the best on the market.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2012 9:56 PM PDT