Profile for M. Wolf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1305

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Wolf RSS Feed (Pacific NW)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Making Conflict Work: Harnessing the Power of Disagreement
Making Conflict Work: Harnessing the Power of Disagreement
by Peter T. Coleman
Price: $19.71
43 used & new from $9.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Acknowleding reality and harness the power and insight., September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Conflict happens. I work in medicine at I see it all the time. Unfortunately it is always not used to its potential.

We are often taught that conflict is bad. This book looks at ways to harness the power in work and as a leader to make your business, work life, team, patients, customers, co-workers better through conflict.

This book address both how conflict (when used properly) can enrich teams but also some of the hazards found in conflict gone wrong.

This book is not just based on mushy "learn to listen better". It tackles a complex issue in our lives in a methodical research based approach.

This book is evidence based! Not just a mushy compilation of rehashed business ideas.

It is for those in leadership and the "worker bees". The truths apply to all types of relationships where conflict can arise.

OXO Good Grips Professional 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife
OXO Good Grips Professional 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Little things make this a great knife, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
with paring knives it is the small things that matter...
The handle has a nice soft grip
The top / blunt side of the knife is wide making a relatively comfortable place to rest your thumb.

Overall simple knife with simple feature that promote ease of use

Epson Expression Premium XP-520 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier
Price: $118.24

4.0 out of 5 stars small printer for small spaces, September 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great printer for small spaces.

- nice small foot print with visually streamlined look (would not stand out as a clunky printer in the front room computer station)

- Easy set up (my steps slightly different than recommended because I fail to read instructions)
1. followed the screen instructions to use the button on my router to connect this printer to my network
2. went to Epson to download newest drivers (maybe because I have other Epson printers the site recognized my operating system and knew which operating system I was using)
3. Installed the drivers
4. as part of the install the drivers checked and updated the firmware on the printer
5. ready to use in about 10-15 minutes

This was a much easier install than some of the older EPSON printers I have used.

Print quality (both text and photos) pretty darn good for the price point.

Very pleased with this printer--

Metrokane 6419 Rabbit Push Button Electric Corkscrew, Grape
Metrokane 6419 Rabbit Push Button Electric Corkscrew, Grape
Price: $29.87
11 used & new from $22.30

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use appears quite durable, September 21, 2014
I've had a manual Rabbit wine opener for years. -- have even given a few as gifts.

This item works much better than I thought an electronic corkscrew would.
I like the fact that it has rechargeable batteries.
A foil cutter is nicely inlaid into the top -- making it easy to find and put away.

(74997R) Classic Designs Tie Dye Print Racerback Hi Lo Maxi Dress in Jersey Spun Spandex (Sizes S-4X) in Fuchsia Tie Dye Size: 3X
Offered by Classic Designs
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars lounge in comfort, September 21, 2014
This is a great pool side cover up,
or
a evening around the house dress,
or a walk along the beach dress..

loose fit and comfortable fabric.

The Pocket Spine, Second Edition
The Pocket Spine, Second Edition
by Camden Whitaker
Price: $32.80
27 used & new from $30.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Wide ranging yet condensed with lots of information., September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Impressive, concise and a wealth of a wide range of facts.

As a social work in primary care I encounter many people with various "back pain" and spinal conditions. I got this book to raise my understanding of spinal conditions.

WOW... likely much more clinical that I needed but yet provides some great information.

I'm impressed by the quality of the images (x-ray/MRI/etc.).
The information is condense and dense.

The Causes of Structural Unemployment: Four Factors that Keep People from the Jobs they Deserve (Work & Society)
by Christopher Oliver
Price: $9.57
33 used & new from $8.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Technology is not new... The digital age is not the first age of mechanization., September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a social worker I often am sitting alongside of someone who has earnestly been looking for work for years. People who have "retrained" only to be locked out. People who have given up and stopped looking. As I sit with these people I am often transported to the mid 80 when many of my friends parents lost jobs.

This book helped me gain some macro prospective on what I see day to day in the micro.

It is not just technology, or international trade, or outsourcing, or if multinationals can be trusted. It is a complex web of factors that need to be faced. What factors that diminish one sector may invigorate another. Sometimes with this change income rise sometimes they fall.

An amazing book to gain a broader understanding of some of the forces that sway unemployment and the economy.

InterDesign Coffee Pod and Beverage Place, Clear
InterDesign Coffee Pod and Beverage Place, Clear
Price: $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean look for the kitchen counter., September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This looks much better than I thought it would!

The way it was displayed it looked great for the office but thought it would be too bland for home -- I was wrong. It is great to organize tea bags (on the top) along with sugar packet. The bottom fits 18 K cups.

The doors slide smoothly back and forth (not always true with plastic on plastic)

Nice way to keep my AM ritual organized.

NCAA Oregon Ducks Beads with Logo Medallion
NCAA Oregon Ducks Beads with Logo Medallion
Price: $12.75
16 used & new from $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Declare your loyalty, September 21, 2014
Wonderful team spirit.
My granddaughter loves this -- will be a great bribe to help her wear the "correct" colors come the Ducks vs Beavers civil war. (she comes from a tragically house divided).

NCAA Oregon Ducks Argyle Sweater Vest, X-Large
NCAA Oregon Ducks Argyle Sweater Vest, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Ugly sweater or team spirit -- versitile., September 21, 2014
Ugly sweater meets team spirit.
If you want to show your team spirit and wear the ugly sweater this meets both needs!

However this is also a nice well made sweater vest. I like it so much I bought it for my step son... It was his idea that it would also work at an ugly sweater contest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20