Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for J. Hirth > Reviews

Browse

J. Hirth's Profile

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Hirth RSS Feed (Somewhere, ME USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
POWERGEN Dual USB Wall Charger, 12-Watt, White
POWERGEN Dual USB Wall Charger, 12-Watt, White
3 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't want to totally blackball this product, since ..., January 7, 2015
I don't want to totally blackball this product, since it has helped to charge other devices I have except the one I specifically bought it for, my 80gb classic iPod.
I left my iPod plugged into the A usb socket for five hours at least, and there was no increase in battery power.
This product may work for other devices, but unfortunately not my iPod, which was the only thing I needed a charger for.

All Hallows' Eve
All Hallows' Eve
DVD ~ Catherine Callahan
Offered by Jumpin Joes
Price: $7.69
24 used & new from $3.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Art the clown is honking his horn., March 29, 2014
This review is from: All Hallows' Eve (DVD)
I rented this and was surprised that the movie was better than I was expecting.
It looks like a budget movie but has a bigger feel to it, much better made than a lot of other cheap crap I have seen lately.
There are quite a few shout outs to various horror films, some subtle, others not so much.
I thought the wrap around plot with the video tape was actually really original in how it is found and then sets things off.
There are plenty of genuinely creepy moments, jump scares and some gore thrown in for good measure although the alien story has no gore at all, just suspense, sometimes that is all that is needed.
I will warn people that the movie doesn't have a happy ending...its a horror film after all.
Certainly not as pretentious as many other films, its a straight forward horror film but then again, its not.
I hope there is a sequel because I was left wanting to see more strange and weird scenes unfold...there many unanswered questions after viewing it but I think they help this sort of film and gives viewers something to talk about and speculate on.
Its a straight up creepy, bloody homage I think but also stands as its own monster to contend with.
I wouldn't mind finding this film in my bag of candy.

Darklore Volume 7
Darklore Volume 7
by Greg Taylor
Price: $15.95
29 used & new from $7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, part 7?, March 23, 2014
This review is from: Darklore Volume 7 (Paperback)
I remember when the first book was released and had hoped more volumes would keep getting cranked out, guess my wish came true.
I have every book in the series and so far it has been worth it.
The quality of the subject matter hasn't degraded and I still as interested as ever, its a very exciting series of books, especially for those who think they have read everything related to various strange phenomenon.
Some familiar subjects do arise but are shown from different perspectives and new facts and ideas have come to light as a result.
I would have given this a five star rating but the articles that interested me the most seemed too short, almost like a tease of a bigger picture
Anyway, all of the contributing authors did a great job digging up some very interesting topics and everything is so well written.
Another great addition to an amazing series.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a non official product., March 17, 2014
Not an official Nintendo product but you might not even see the difference.
All buttons on the remote work great and I haven't found any problems with motion sensing.
The motion plus works as well as the official product and I didn't see any lag or jittery movements.
The silicone protective jacket for the remote seems to be made of rubber rather than silicone but at the same time seems to be more durable thus far than the silicone.
The nunchuck attachment works like a charm too except in my case I heard something loose inside the shell, so I opened it up (please be very careful if this happens to you) and found a loose piece of metal that thankfully was not part of any of the components, must have been something overlooked during manufacturing.
The nunchuck still works like a charm, the whole deal is great because of the price and you get the built in motion plus for the remote and a nunchuck too.
On top of that it works just as well as the official products.
Great deal, don't pass this up if its what you're looking for at a reasonable price, hopefully you don't get stuck with an odd loose piece of metal but its a minor problem and can be fixed by anyone who has a screwdriver, just be careful when putting the nunchuck back together.
That's all I have to say.

Zettaguard Classic Controller - Nintendo Wii
Zettaguard Classic Controller - Nintendo Wii
Offered by GyroTek
Price: $11.99
7 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good deal., March 17, 2014
I have to say I was surprised at how well
this controller functions.
I mean, its nothing special but considering
it is not an official Nintendo product I took
a chance and it seems to have paid off,
All of the buttons, A, B, X, and Y work perfectly.
The shoulder buttons work just as well, same goes for the analog sticks, which are very
responsive and of course the home button
along with the + and - buttons do what they are
meant to do.
I would actuallt give this controller a five star
rating if the directional pad had better function.
Up, Down, and Left work well enough but I found that pressing Right, I had to really almost jam my thumb down to get a reaction.
The controller is very light weight and feels comfortable, you just might end up using the analog stick more than the d-pad.
For the price, this was a pretty good deal
so I can't complain much beyond what I already mentioned.
I would say that this controller is worth getting and as far as the d-pad thing, maybe it will work better once I use it more over time or I just got stuck with a shoddy build, whatever.
In any case, yes, this is a good product for the most part.

Airborne Vitamin C 1000mg Immune Support Supplement, Effervescent Formula, Orange, 30 Count
Price: $17.45
35 used & new from $17.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great if you ask me...go ahead, ask me!, December 2, 2013
Well since you asked, I have to say that this product did help PREVENT me from catching the cold from an entire house of sick people.
If you already caught the common cold then this might help fight it, but it's really made to prevent it and it does, or at least it did for me.
The flavor is good in a bottle of water but seems a little weak unless you use a smaller glass or bottle than usual, it tastes a lot like Gatorade to me.
Anyway that's my opinion of Airborne, it works if you use it correctly and if it doesn't work for you...then see a doctor, just kidding!
It might not be for everyone but I believe most people will find some benefit from taking this stuff.
I still take it as a vitamin supplement even when there is no danger of sickness, that's how much I like this product and I was not paid to say anything, it's great for boosting your immune system and is also a vitamin.
One more thing, I have tried many products over the years and as an unexpected side effect, this stuff has helped clear my skin, I only know this because I started to see a difference not very long after I began using this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 9:13 PM PST

Binary Domain - Xbox 360
Binary Domain - Xbox 360
Offered by ELM Deals INC
Price: $14.72
152 used & new from $3.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you really human?, June 13, 2013
Wow, where to begin?
Great gameplay, storyline, characters..
just about everything in this game is amazing.
Sure there are a few hiccups with the AI but everything else makes up for it.
Its more like an experience than simply a game.
The enemy designs are awesome, especially the bosses.
If you enjoy third person shooters and are also a fan of the cyber-punk genre, this is for you.
It never got boring or tedious, and the graphics and very detailed.
I originally played the demo on Steam but it seemed more like a console game and so I play it on the X-Box 360
None of the conventions are really anything new to gaming in general but it takes a lot of the best aspects and uses them well.
Think of this as a cross Blade Runner and Mass Effect, sort of.
It is a very hard game to put down and is very addictive and mostly just plain old fun.
Too bad the game was not a big financial success and I
would love to play a sequel.
Guess that's what happens when certain games don't get enough exposure to the public.

Mondo Sex Head [Explicit]
Mondo Sex Head [Explicit]
Price: $10.79
34 used & new from $4.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Zombie tested, fan approved., June 6, 2013
Just had to throw in my two wooden nickels because it seems this remix album doesn't get the justice it deserves.
I will go on the record and say that its not for everyone, Zombie fans or not.
If you simply dig the original tunes then stick with those, otherwise its time for something a little off the beaten path.
The first track by JDevil (Jonathan Davis) is pretty awesome and the rest are a weird assortment but they can grow on you if given the chance.
My only true problem is wondering why Thunder Kiss gets remixed so much?
Like I said, the JDevil version is great just like the original song but of the entire Zombie lineup it seems Thunder Kiss gets the most attention.
Anywho the tracks take the originals into new directions than you might expect, especially the final track...its great.
I know Zombie remix albums are generally seen as inferior by the public at large but I say to hell with that, try a different take and have fun.
Not the best but pretty dang good.

Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor (Explicit Version) [Explicit]
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who love the monsters., June 6, 2013
Listen to them, children of the night...what music they make.
Well what can I say, this album really rocks.
Like many others I have been a Zombie "psychoholic" since the days of La Sexorcisto and its been a crazy rollercoaster ride with only minor bumps along the way.
I thought The Sinister Urge was good and even better in hindsight, the next two albums after that were good and had a few gems but something seemed missing.
Don't get me wrong though, Educated Horses and Hellbilly 2 were good in their own right but Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor puts Zombie and his gang of ghouls back in the upswing and even if it didn't, I am still a diehard fan.
I love the references to the fringes of the horror genre in relation to the ongoing decay of the entertainment scene these days, and just society in general.
Some say his lyrics are just word salad but to me its more like the tale of a crazed poet cutting and pasting his delerium alongside the thunder of drums and electric guitars.
I will admit that Ging gang gong de do gong de laga raga does sound pretty nuts but it also reminds me of the crazy screaming of the zuni fetish doll from the Trilogy of Terror.
Yet I find that song endearing, like some depraved battle cry.
All in all Zombie delivers yet again and older fans and new comers should check this out and have fun.
Crank up Teenage Nosferatu Pussy and see if the neighbors flip out.

Mother of Tears (Unrated)
Mother of Tears (Unrated)
DVD ~ Asia Argento
Offered by Mediaflix
Price: $4.82
37 used & new from $0.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming...but still entertaining., March 27, 2013
This review is from: Mother of Tears (Unrated) (DVD)
I hate to be a critic, I really do.
I don't want to mislead anyone about this film, so I tell it like it is from my pov of course.
The final say is whatever you think, I am just sharing my humble opinion.
This is the movie that could have been a great finale to a trilogy whose story is epic, surreal and of course frightening.
I realize Dario is much older now, and its obvious this film didn't have a huge budget.
Of course budget size just means the director and everyone else involved should make do with what they can and really stretch their creativity.
I thought the practical effects were well done...the cgi and digital effects not so much.
I say that not just because I personally prefer practical effects, but because everything else looks so cheesy to me.
Of course I have never made a film so I can only say these things from an audience perspective.
Maybe I had my hoped too high when I saw other poor reviews and figured what the heck, lets give it a go anyway.
I am not new fan to Argento, I have been for many years and I think I can say without any doubt that this isn't the worst Argento film, but it comes close.
The things that bothered me were the atmosphere and those silly witches that show up from around the world who all look like stereotypical punk rockers from the 1980's.
This movie just didn't have that mystique that drew me into the first two films, Suspiria and Inferno.
I think Dario is probly a better writer than a director at this stage in life, because I just get the sense that this could have been more sincere and imaginative.
I also sense that the story for the third film was probly bigger than the limited resources could allow, but Dario still could have pulled it off, but in the end it falls kinda flat.
I have watched plenty of bad films and I get the crazy sense that Dario was channeling The Howling 2 when he filmed this, make of that what you will.
Asia holds the film together and keeps it on its wobbly toes, she is the best thing going for this film.
The so called witches in this were so over the top it was laughable, but there is plenty of blood and gore, being an Argento film after all
Back to the witches again...did I mention they looked and acted ridiculous?
Anywho, some people enjoyed this film a lot and some people just hated it, I am stuck in between.
It feels and looks like a Dario movie...and then again it doesn't.
Obviously get the unrated version if you really want to see everything for all its worth, including all the nudity and a spear (very much like the one in Phenomena) is used to kill a woman in a very ummm...well just watch and see.
Speaking of nudity, not that it bothers me, but I do believe Dario really went crazy with it a lot more than usual.
I don't know what else to say except imagine if the final Lord of the Rings film had been made for TV or was direct to video...that's what this felt like.
Maybe Dario waited too long to make this and should have done it sooner?
I would have given this only two stars but I love the films of Dario Argento so much, I am a little bit biased.
Of course just watch it and decide for yourself.
In the meantime I will stick with the older films that mean alot more to me.
I am just so bummed out that the Story of the Three Mothers had to end in such a weak way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5