Profile for Mr. Deeds > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 642

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Deeds "Opportunity is limited only by imagination. -Charles F. Kettering" RSS Feed (Columbus, Ohio)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Polk Audio Striker Zx Xbox One Gaming Headset - Black
Polk Audio Striker Zx Xbox One Gaming Headset - Black
Price: $89.95
8 used & new from $61.76

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Xbox One headset yet, April 28, 2015
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Polk Audio Striker Zx is the third and by far the best gaming headset for Xbox One.

Here's why:
* Comfortable. I have a huge head (7 5/8) and this headset is light and fully encloses my ears.
* Sound. The audio is amazing. Clear, crisp and I can hear every detail (for example, shell casings falling to being me to the right). This enables me to detect enemies and eliminate them in the heat of gaming battle (Titanfall, Call of Duty).
* Mic. The boom microphone tucks in when not on Xbox Box Live (or when you don't feel like chatting there). When in use, this mic performs perfectly. It even broadcasts a little bit of your own voice (like old-fashioned telephones) which eliminates the "talking inside a bubble" effect. I can hear people well and they tell me my voice comes through loud and clear, too.
* No battery. Since the Polk Audio Striker Zx connects directly to your controller, there is no need to worry about another battery. I haven't noticed a significant drain on the handset battery.

Dings
* The only ding is in my opinion an Xbox One software issue. And that is that periodically (maybe once every three hours of game play) the sound cuts out for a few seconds. I have seen this occur in the other 2 headsets I've tested for Xbox One that do not use a separate base station (connect directly to the controller).

If you've been looking for an exceptional headset for your Xbox One, you've found it with the Polk Audio Striker Zx. Two thumbs up from me.

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Counch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, USA Flag
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, bold & beautiful, April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The DII Home Essentials USA Flag is large (50x60''), extremely soft and comfy, and looks fantastic in our family room. It was instantly a family favorite -- even our dogs love this blanket.

The reverse side from the flag is a plush sherpa microfiber material that really is softer than fleece. This washable throw would even look great on the wall. But ours is staying on our comfy sofa and will continue to get much use. I salute the DII Home Essentials USA Flag and recommend it!

Antec X-1 Cooler for XBox One
Antec X-1 Cooler for XBox One
Price: $29.99
20 used & new from $26.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and reduces the heat, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I recommend the Antec for Xbox One's inside a closed media cabinet. I've experienced around a 25% reduction in it's temperature at full-tilt (mainly Titanfall) Xbox Live gaming.

If you have an open-air configuration (your Xbox One is not enclosed) then I'd say try it. The heat reduction is less but still advantageous. But the noise will be audible.

Centon Electronics Flash Memory Card (S1-SDXU1-64G)
Centon Electronics Flash Memory Card (S1-SDXU1-64G)
Price: $21.72
11 used & new from $21.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Doubled my camera's storage; no loss in write time, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using the Centon Electronics Flash Memory Card (S1-SDXU1-64G) for the past few weeks in my Samsung digital camera and also my Sony digital videocamera. This high-performance SD card, with an impressive 64GB of storage, doubled the capacity of my previous SD cards. While not an issue with my digital camera, the card has already eliminated the nuisance of running out of storage on my video camera (with 16GB of internal storage) while traveling/sightseeing.

The Centon SD card eliminates the need to connect either camera directly to my computer in order to download the photos/videos. My iMac has an SD slot but I use a USB SD card reader for my MacBook Pro while traveling. And it is fast, and that means I can take more photos faster... and I also don't have to wait for my video camera in-between shots. In addition to cameras, this Centon SD card is also compatible with some models of Android smartphones.

Two thumbs up for the Centon SD card!

Bialetti Granito Nonstick Saute Pan, 12-Inch, Gray
Bialetti Granito Nonstick Saute Pan, 12-Inch, Gray
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like cast-iron but cooks like Spago, March 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tested the Bialetti Granito Nonstick Saute pan for about 2 weeks and it's been elevated to be the favorite pan in the kitchen.

Light and durable, the Bialetti pan distributes heat evenly and gets hot fast. With minimal olive oil I have cooked perfect pancakes, eggs, corned beef hash, salmon, steaks, hamburgers, brats and a fantastic Reuben sandwich.

With our old non-stick pans, which are chipping, I usually lose one pancake to the botched flip and one egg breaks open during flopped flips, too. They just stick no matter what in some spots.

The Bialetti pan was also very easy to clean. I literally wiped it down with a wet, soapy paper towel and it was clean.

This pan is built to last and I recommend it for your kitchen. I've not yet experienced one flipping accident since I first started testing the Bialetti Granito Nonstick Saute pan. Two thumbs up! (My wife is starting to think I went to chef school!)

Holmes HAP9240-NWU HEPA-Type Desktop Air Purifier
Holmes HAP9240-NWU HEPA-Type Desktop Air Purifier
Price: $33.64
24 used & new from $27.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeping my allergies at bay in my home offiice, March 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I work from home full time and I've been testing the Holmes HAP9240-NWU HEPA-Type Desktop Air Purifier for several weeks. I have extremely bad allergies, particularly to tree pollens and weeds. And now that spring has sprung here in central Ohio, I am seeing the benefits of the Holmes desktop air purifier.

The unit rests on a small table next to my desk and it is so quiet on the lowest setting that I can barely hear it over the wrrrrr of the two computers running each workday. My wife and I have been using a larger Holmes HEPA air purifier in our bedroom for a couple of years and that's when I really learned the value of these machines.

The desktop version, like it's big brother, has two filers: one HEPA and another sponge-like carbon filter. I haven't had to change either yet but based on my experience with the larger version, the carbon filters generally last one month and the HEPA anywhere from 4-6 months.

I did test removing and replacing both filters in the Holmes desktop air purifier and it only takes a few seconds. Fast and easy like the larger version. I've also been using the ionizer but haven't noticed a difference with it on or off. I believe it's designed mainly to mitigate smoke.

While early yet in allergy season the Holmes HAP9240-NWU HEPA-Type Desktop Air Purifier is keeping my eyes and sinuses clear -- two thumbs up from this allergy sufferer.

The Honest Kitchen Halcyon: Duck & Ancient Grains Dog Food, 4 lb
The Honest Kitchen Halcyon: Duck & Ancient Grains Dog Food, 4 lb
Price: $57.99
5 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Two paws up! Our dogs love this food, March 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our dogs love Honest Kitchen Halcyon's wet food. And while expensive with two 100-pounds dogs to feed every day, I have been mixing it in with our dogs' dry food to make it last longer.

Honest Kitchen Halcyon comes in a powder-like form. You mix it with hot water, with the amount of recommended dry-to-water on a chart on the back of the package. Although both of my dogs are under the "giant" category on this chart, I've been using the "small" dog recipe and then added a cup of dry to mix in.

The consistency when adding hot water to the Honest Kitchen Halcyon food reminds me of the instant oatmeal (also just add hot water) I ate as a child for breakfast on winter mornings. I loved that oatmeal then; my dogs love their canine version of it now -- only theirs is much more nutricious.

Our dogs are cherished members of our family and we try to always give them the best of everything, which is why Honest Kitchen Halcyon is now on our shopping list. A bit of a hit on the wallet but worth it for the piece of mind this nutricious (and the dogs would agree "delicious") food delivers. Two paws up!

Philips 452391 65 Watt Equivalent LED BR30 SlimStyle Dimmable Soft White Frustration Free, 2-Pack
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Matches the rest of our recessed lights perfectly, March 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My indoor flood-lights just got skinny! I tested 2 of these lights in our kitchen, which has several recessed lights using traditional 65-Watt indoor flood-light bulbs. Upon first opening the package I was doubtful that the Philips SlimStyle bulbs would 1) fit and 2) match the rest of the lights. To my surprise, they did on both counts!

I replaced 2 of the kitchen lights with the Philips SlimStyle and asked my wife if she could tell which ones were the new bulbs. She wasn't able to even tell the difference! The thinness reminds me of those old TV westerns that used thin store fronts along main street -- props with nothing on the other side. The only difference is that these thin light bulbs deliver the goods, too.

It is not easy finding a good, dimmable LED light bulb. I've tested several brands and the light is too white -- overwhelms and creates a bleached out look. The Philips SlimStyle delivers here with a more natural light that matches the light from our traditional 65-Watt indoor flood-light bulbs.

A closer look at light quality
I couldn't tell a difference between traditional 65-Watt indoor flood-light bulbs and the Philips SlimStyle bulbs. However, compared to another (65-Watt equivalent) LED flood-light (of another brand, which was traditionally shaped), the light from the Philips had a slight yellow hue. When looking at them side by side, I preferred the slightly softer yellowish hue to the extreme white light of the other (65-Watt equivalent) LED bulb.

I'm slowly replacing all of the lights in my home with LED bulbs and now the Philips SlimStyle bulbs are on my shopping list for our 65-Watt indoor flood-light bulb replacements. Two thumbs up!

Stainless Steel 30" Cable Chain Necklace 3.1MM
Stainless Steel 30" Cable Chain Necklace 3.1MM
Offered by SilverCloseout
Price: $20.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my St. Christopher medal, March 17, 2015
This is a very high-quality chain and it looks great, too. I purchased it for a WWII-era St. Christopher medal. I am getting a couple more of these chains!

Munchkin Auto-Close Designer Safety Gate, Dark Wood
Munchkin Auto-Close Designer Safety Gate, Dark Wood
Price: $68.39
7 used & new from $68.39

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best dog gates I've ever tested, March 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My household's "munchkins" are two giant lab mixes and this gate keeps them out of trouble around here.

I installed the Munchkin Auto-Close Designer Safety Gate (Dark Wood) in the doorway leading to our back two bedrooms and one bathroom, for this is the domain of our little cat, Miss Kitty. She doesn't always appreciate her big brothers.

Installation took about 5 minutes. It was a matter of tightening the screw-clamps until they firmly held in place in the doorway.

The gate looks beautiful and operates perfectly. We have a traditional white-coated metal gate in the entrance to our formal dining room and I am ordering another Munchkin Auto-Close gate in dark wood for that.

This gate adds class to any doorway, operates as advertised and this dog-loving house recommends it for your munchkins, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20