Profile for Mr. Deeds > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 657

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Deeds "Opportunity is limited only by imagination. -Charles F. Kettering" RSS Feed (Columbus, Ohio)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black & Decker SC1004D Slow Cooker, 4 Quart, Black/White
Black & Decker SC1004D Slow Cooker, 4 Quart, Black/White
Price: $29.12
10 used & new from $23.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Low. High. Warm. You can't improve on perfection!, July 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I remember growing up (long, long ago!) when mom would put the fixin's for a stew or chili in the crockpot before we headed out for school and she and dad left for work in the morning. Us kids got home first and the entire house would smell delicious!

Black & Decker's SC1004D 4-quart slow cooker is just as good but looks a lot better than the old red crockpot did of day's old with its black dots.

I haven't yet deviated from mom's main 2 crockpot dishes (stew and chili) but I did see a great recipe for pulled pork that I am going to try next week.

The Nutro Company Large Breed Weight Management for Dogs with Chicken and Rice Formula, 12.5-Ounce
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 2 giants love this food, July 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our family's 2 lab-rescues are large, active and still young (3 years each) but the vet told us that both should lose some weight.

"But they are so hungry!" I explained.

After that we have tried a few different weight-control dog foods, dry and wet, and they won't eat it (or much).

That's why I was so excited with I got to test Nutro's new Large Breed Weight Management Adult Chicken and Rice Formula. Opening the can you can see large chunks of chicken sitting in a bath of gravy with rice.

We filled both bowls and set them down at the same time.... Success! Both boys loved the new Nutro! I'm hoping for some good marks when we take them back to the vet for their shots in a couple months. Come to think of it I should get on a diet myself.... wish I had something this good to help with that! :)

Tempus TC6236RF Contemporary Commercial Wall Clock with Frame and Quartz Movement, 13", Black
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 3 o'clock clock!, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Tempus TC6236RF takes me back to my high school days when I'd watch a clock very much like this one during the last period of the day.

Some rooms of our high school had electric versions of the Tempus but a few had the distinctive "tick, tock, tick, tock" of quartz/battery-powered clocks. I remember the teacher giving us a test and telling us we had 30 minutes. The room went silent: except for the "tick, tock, tick, tock" of the large wall clock above the door. I wouldn't call it PTSD but when I'm the room with this Tempus clock I've had a couple of flashbacks to those days. (kidding!)

All kidding aside, the Tempus is a large, classic commercial-style wall clock, It's powered by one AA battery. The clock face is cardboard. The rest of the clock a study plastic. It is a noisy clock if you have it in a "quiet" room (bedroom, etc.). But if you have it in your family room like we do at my home you won't hear it over the sound of the television, etc.

I give the Tempus clock to thumbs (wanted to say "hands" but that would mean something else entirely). :)

Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Tidmouth Sheds Deluxe Set
Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Tidmouth Sheds Deluxe Set
Price: $434.39
19 used & new from $356.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Big kids love Thomas, too!, July 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I setup this HUGE 102-piece Fisher-Price Thomas the Train set in our recreation room atop a custom-made plywood tabletop for when our friends visit with their little children.

I collected trains years ago and in setting up and testing this set I fell back in love. The set comes with a large Thomas storage box which has a cushion but I've never put anything back inside since the train set looks great -- adds a lot of fun to the room.

I grew up with Fisher-Price toys and most of my toys were made of wood, like this Thomas Train set. Built to last. Even the storage box looks great on the carpet next to the train set. And it's proved to be a convenient seat for our little visitors when they aren't busy at the tracks.

I highly recommend this to kids (of all ages).

Selfie Stick,URPOWER® 3-In-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter for iPhone 6 Plus 6 5S 5C 5 4S, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 2 (Black)
Offered by COCO-Vision(US Shipping)
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $12.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy to use & fun!, July 17, 2015
Length:: 0:58 Mins

The URPOWER Selfie Stick is very simple to setup and start using. Just charge it, turn it on, pair it with your mobile phone via Bluetooth and you're all set to go.

My short video review goes into more detail along with the photo and video examples. This is my first selfie stick and I must say I don't know how I got along without one this long. :) I hope my review helps and feel free to ask question in the comments section.

Cat's Pride C47512 Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Premium Scented Multi-Cat Scoop Litter, 12-Pound Jug
Offered by ShopChanute
Price: $28.09
5 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Picky Ms. Kitty even likes it, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a very picky girl cat (her name is Ms. Kitty) and we've gone through a few brands of litter before finding one that suits her finicky needs. She has embraced Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Premium Scented Multi-Cat Scoop Litter. And I love the easy to handle-and-store jug. And it's very light, too.

I also love the very low amount of dust that gets kicked up when adding new litter. Cleaning is also easier because the litter clumps up and leaves very little if any wetness or odor behind once I clean it up the litter box.

Cat litter is definitely a product I hate picking up at the store because of it's weight but Cat's Pride Fresh and Light Ultimate Care is light -- and best of all can be delivered to your door.

Two scoops up for Cat's Pride!

Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, Apple Devices, Black
Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones, Apple Devices, Black
Price: $299.95
2 used & new from $299.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing noise canceling; makes great ear plugs without, too!, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tested many pairs of headphones over the ears and without a doubt the "Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones" rank No. 1 for in-ear noise-canceling, sound quality and overall comfort. The noise reduction matches if not exceeds full-sized headphones.

I have been testing the pair designed for Apple devices but can confirm it also works on my Kindle. The magic happens when you power-on the rechargeable base -- which at first glance appears to be a little too close to the little jack that plugs into the iPhone's headphone port. But when testing out running I discovered that this was because when on the move, had it been placed any higher the weight would have tugged at the earbuds. So when my iPhone is tucked away in my pocket, the Bose base conveniently fits too.

There is a little controller the is easily accessible when with earbuds in place that lets you pause, adjust the volume, and a button that tones down the noise reduction (called Aware mode) in case you need to hear what's around you (crossing the street for example).

The shape of the earbuds is very cool... looks like Mr. Spock's ears. Just make sure each "tip" points forward when putting them in. I didn't see a "R" or "L" on either one so that's a trick I learned.

The battery life is amazing. I've never been able to drain it and the lifespan is reported to be up to 16 hours of playing time. I've fallen asleep with them in and they were still going strong when I awoke the next morning. Speaking of which, they work just fine even without power -- just basic headphones in that mode.

And if you wear ear plugs at night to block out noise (I live near a busy street) then try these Bose headphones without music but just turn them on. Amazing! Most comfortable pair of ear plugs I've ever used.

Two thumbs way, way up for the Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Canceling Headphones!

Kelty TN 3 Person Tent
Kelty TN 3 Person Tent
Price: $299.95
10 used & new from $299.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bug-free star gazing, July 12, 2015
This review is from: Kelty TN3 Person Tent (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This summer my family has been using this Kelty TN tent for star gazing - though a camping trip is planned for August. It's by far the easiest tent to setup I've ever used... and I've been camping since I was a Boy Scout and that was some time ago. :)

The tent's light weight and compact size when in the bag also makes it easily fit into my backpack and I've gone though a couple test-runs before our big adventure next month in Ohio's Hocking Hills State Park. Once setup there is an amazing amount of interior space.

I'm staking my precious vacation on this tent and from the testing I've done in the yard so far this summer I'm sure there will be happy trails ahead.

Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
Price: $99.98
9 used & new from $99.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly light and powerful!, July 9, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Shark Rocket handheld vacuum is the perfect solution to the challenge I've had with keeping our carpeted stairs free of dog and cat hair. It has also proven its mettle cleaning my Jeep of dog hair -- our family has two large retriever-mixes that shed copiously.

The canister fills up fast with every light hair plus dirt and dust that I couldn't see until they were sucked up and deposited safely inside. Just pop it out and empty the mess into the trash. It's that easy. The crevice attachment cleans up the edges of the stairs plus some areas under and around air-conditioning/heating vents.

The mighty Shark Rocket handheld vacuum is a must-have for pet-owners with carpeted stairs and those whose dogs get frequent rides in the family car. For me this little vacuum has solved a huge problem and I give it two thumbs way up.

LG G4, Black Leather 32GB  (Sprint)
LG G4, Black Leather 32GB  (Sprint)
Price: $609.99
2 used & new from $479.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Look snazzy snapping awesome photos; shooting videos, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The LG G4 (32GB) -- wrapped in luxurious black leather -- looks, feels and even smells good. It's the best of Android packaged around a large 5.5-inch IPS Quantum display that is perfect for watching videos and viewing photos.

Speaking of which, to me the best thing about this phone (and this is huge) is the camera and videocamera. It is leave-the-cameras-at-home-when-on-vacation good. And by good I mean fabulous! And by adding your own 2TB microSD card there is little chance you'll ever run out of storage even on a 2-week vacation (or around town). I actually use this LG as a dash-camera and delete the videos every evening. I do that just in case I get into an accident or see one (or something noteworthy). I am very impressed with the quality of the videos.

I also love the preloaded dashboard that shows the time, temperature and weather forecast -- along your mail and the ability to quickly add your favorite apps. And everything is updated automatically, which is very convenient. No more approving updates.

So if you want to finally ditch your camera and camcorder, and have an excellent Android smartphone, too, then this LG G4 is the smartphone you've been looking for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20