Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Ms_TJ38 > Reviews

Browse

Ms_TJ38's Profile

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ms_TJ38 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
2 pack combo [Apple MFI Certified] Charging Cables for iPhone 5 5S 5C 6 6 Plus, ios 8 Compatible with Authentication Chip Beam Electronics¬- 1 Meter in Length (3.3 Feet), 1 A/C Wall Charger 1.0 A, 1 Dual Car Charger 2.1 A (2 Pack Combo)

1.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this from Amazon in September and I like to wait with these things to do a review ..., April 25, 2016
I purchased this from Amazon in September and I like to wait with these things to do a review because, for the most part, they start off great it's what happens in a few months that matters. I used one for a back up at home, I keep the one that came from Apple in my car, my husband used the lighter adapter in his car, and he keeps the one from Apple in the house. His, the car adapter, died first. After about two weeks, it said it was not compatible. He then took it inside to use and charge at work. The one I was using in the home lasted about 3 months, then it became unstable for some reason. It would charge sometimes and then I could charge it all night and it would be like 30% charged in the morning. Then it just stop showing the charge symbol and would charge like 10% the entire night.Then it just finally fell apart, the piece ended up stuck in my phone.

iPhone 6 Plus Case, JETech Apple iPhone 6s/6 Plus Case 5.5 Inch Bumper Cover Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back for iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 Inch
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $7.49
2 used & new from $7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars ... this for about a week and so far so good. I have the clear case for the iPhone ..., September 21, 2015
I've only had this for about a week and so far so good. I have the clear case for the iPhone 6 Plus. The back is a harder plastic than the rubber like sides. I did not want a bulky case because this phone is so big and I don't know if I will walk around with it in my hands like I did the iPhone 4. I also have the glass shield on the front. I've already drop this phone and so far there is nothing on it. I dropped it about 4 feet, getting out of my car it landed on cement (in my garage), the glass shield has little chips missing around the bottom edge but my phone is intact, no cracks anywhere.

Revelations: Book One of the Lalassu
Revelations: Book One of the Lalassu
Price: $4.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Revelations: A Different Succubus Tale, May 8, 2015
Dani is what is commonly known as a succubus has been fighting that part of herself for years. She has fought for so long that she has altered what should have just made her powerful into something more twisted. Michael is a psychometric (he can feel and see people's thoughts/feelings) and has never known there were other people like him. Both of their powers will be needed to help and save the people they love.

I liked the characters and the world Jennifer Lewis created. I felt the story was a little slow going and we spend a lot of time hearing the same thoughts because the perspective keeps changing. I don't mind cursing but at times I felt the words were just thrown in there and instead of making Dani hard it made the line corny.

I don't know if I want to read more of the same for a next book. I thought this would be a stand alone but it looks like this is the beginning of a series.

T-Power® ((6.6ft Long Cable)) Ac dc adapter for Epson PART NUMBER P/N: APT0615Z APT0615Z1-1 AC ADPATER Power supply cord Replacement Switching Power Supply Cord Charger

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase for Epson LW-400, September 22, 2014
The user's guide for the Epson LW-400 label maker has this listed as the part number for an adapter. This adapter does not fit, it's to large. I'm waiting to see if I will be 'approved' for a refund.

Candle Warmers Etc. Original Candle Warmer, White
Candle Warmers Etc. Original Candle Warmer, White
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $10.99
14 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Warmer good for candles and coffee mugs., June 26, 2014
I got this for my office to see if it would keep my coffee warm. It takes a while of course for it to warm up the cup but I turn the warmer on first thing. While I'm getting the kids ready for school and all that I leave my candle on there and by the time I get home it's good and warm. Then, I make my coffee and get to work and it keep my coffee warm with this method. I'm buying another one for my living room candles. So far (2 months), not to bad for under $6.00.

Romantic Suspense Books 1: Burn's World (Romantic Fiction, Romantic Crime): A Romantic Suspense Love Triangle Series
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Burn's World, June 11, 2014
Burn's World was a great read. I was looking for something light with a little humor. Though there are some very emotional and disturbing moments in the book, Burn did get some chuckles out of me.

Burn and her sister Angel live with their aunt and her two daughters. Burn is 17 and has way too much responsibility for a 17 year old (and she has been taking care of herself and her sister long before this age).

Burn's life is going on like normal (normal for her life) until several events turn our happy go luck Burn into a confused and brokenhearted Burn. She is pursed by two men, both with their own life issues, she has a guardian angel and a fiery (her words) godmother and then there is the gift.

I will warn you that there are a lot of things in this book that rub people the wrong way (racial slurs, stereotyping, racial issues, cursing, abuse (emotional, physical), child endangerment, sex, abortions) but I think it stays and shows the world and life that the Burns' of the world live. I found myself wondering, "Where are these kids parents?" a lot. It was explained for the most part, why all these kids seemed to raising themselves be it because they were privileged, the parents/guardian just didn't care or were not around.

The ending I sure did not expect. I thought Burn would have made better choices but then again, she is only 17/18 so...
I will definitely be reading part II; I have to see how this will end, though I have an idea.

There are some errors and though the story has some paranormal elements, I feel it would have done just as well without, though the fiery godmother was just as crazy as Burn. The story did it's job. It made me laugh, made me shake my head, made me cry and even made me want to move right on into Part II.

3 Tymez Dirty: Chopped and Screwed (Dirty South Trilogy)
3 Tymez Dirty: Chopped and Screwed (Dirty South Trilogy)
by Darrell King
Price: $14.95
22 used & new from $8.35

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 TYMEZ DIRTY, June 2, 2014
In 3 Tymez Dirty, we follow Godiva (a pop star), ATL (a rap star) and Anna (Godiva's long time friend and personal assistant) as they navigate their way through industry. Both Godiva and ATL are at the top of their careers and even though Anna did her best to keep them apart the two were drawn to each other. Both with enough issues that they should have been trying have been getting together with counselors instead of another person.

I'll be honest; books about hip hop just don't really do it for me. I like them best when the characters are all fictional instead of name dropping real artist but I guess that is a way to draw some readers in and build up that world for the story. For about the first 20% (up to chapter 3) I was kind of bored, then Anna met with ATL and that is when the story picked up for me.

I found myself feeling sorry for Anna because sometimes it's hard to say no when you feel you owe someone a big debt but other times I was like why would you do that, that was so stupid. ATL and Godiva keep you on your toes, waiting for the fallout of their choices, but I think Anna kind of grounds the story. I kept waiting and thinking okay they are going to get theirs, no not this chapter maybe the next one. No not the next chapter maybe the following chapter and that is how the author kept me wanting to read the story. I was a little upset at the ending and I really can't say why without spoiling the story but I think the author should have taken the story out a little farther.

There is plenty of sex, drugs and I like the idea female drug lords. I wanted more of them in the story but I'm sure they will appear in the next installment also. The story moved along at a casual pace but with all that was going on and should be happening I expected more action. A lot of time was spent on the sex and drugs of ATL to a point where I wanted to skim because until the home visit. I found the tension between him and Anna was great and I love how she handled him and helped him. The story could also use another once over for editing. It's not so distracting that it takes away from the story but another once over could remove a lot of the simple errors.

(I received a copy of this story in exchange for an honest review).

War Angel II: Where Angels Fear to Tread
War Angel II: Where Angels Fear to Tread
by Keith Kareem Williams
Price: $15.00
12 used & new from $11.70

5.0 out of 5 stars War Angel II: Where Angels Fear to Tread, March 1, 2014
War Angel II – Where Angels Fear to Tread picks up where War Angel left off (if you have not read book one, stop reading now). Yes, in order to understand and follow the story, I feel you need to read War Angel. Jahaira and Lenox, after their run in with Anna and the twins (Anya and Anika), try to put as much distance as they can between them and the past deeds that haunts them.

The story’s narration is in 3rd person. The genre is fiction but War Angel gives you a host of other genres and subgenres (romance, paranormal, thriller, suspense and fantasy) and Keith does a good job of keeping it all balanced.

In War Angel II, we follow Jahaira and Lenox through her pregnancy. Since they have removed themselves from the normal, fast pace lifestyle they were use to in Brooklyn, they are forced to focus on all the events that have transpired. Their love for each other was tested in book one and continues to be tested in book two. The burden gets to be too much at times and Lenox falls into some bad habits while Jahaira feels alone and becomes overly trusting. Will Jahaira be able to forgive Lenox for killing her parents? Will Lenox realize that he sacrificed too much of himself, his soul, by loving Jahaira? Can you love someone to much? What happens when family is at its most basic level? When family is just a scientific ranking and the only way to survive is to be stronger and/or more conning than the next member; you will see in Where Angels Fear to Tread.

Part II also introduces us to several new characters. I didn’t think Jahaira and Lenox would have to deal with anyone more unstable than the twins and Anna but there are others that give the twins a run for their money. Lenox and Jahaira have to face their old and new foes as well as deal with ghost from their past. Every decision, every choice, has life or death consequences and Jahaira is up for the challenge. No longer is she the fragile girl that Lenox had to protect from her dysfunctional family. No, Jahaira has changed!

Get ready, War Angel II - Where Angels Fear to Tread is going to take you on a ride of love, murder and mayhem. I could say much more but I don’t want to give away not one detail of the story. The best part of all of this is trying to figure out which move in this game of life the players will make. Lenox (like in book I) had me yelling at him by the time I was about 50% into the story. War Angel II - Where Angels Fear to Tread is about 260 pages and I would be remiss if I didn't mention the flaws I found. There were a few typos and one of the character’s, that ended up being a big part of the story, needed a bit more to build the backstory.

Lady Swagger-The Beginning
Lady Swagger-The Beginning
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Swagger, February 15, 2014
Lady Swagger-The Beginning is a fast paced introduction into the lives of Nikki and Dream. Nikki decides to celebrate her birthday at club Lady Swagger and after catching her lover, Dream, with another woman the drama in the parking lot quickly escalate. The night for Nikki doesn't end all to bad because is still able to celebrate and achieve a high that has nothing to do with alcohol.

Dream has major issues and she can't stand to see Nikki with anyone else. Nikki is hers and she will do whatever it takes to make sure that no one else gets her Nikki.

A lot happens when these few pages and you will not have a dull moment. There is a fight, a love scene, confessions and death...and this is just The Beginning.

ASHES
ASHES

1.0 out of 5 stars ASHES, January 3, 2014
This review is from: ASHES (Kindle Edition)
I gave one star because one, this story needs to be edited. The format is off, worded are missing, extra words are added, wrong words, missing punctuation, wrong use of lower / upper case, wrong name used, etc. This was like reading a second draft.

As for the story, I don't feel like the plot line was developed enough in this short story to make me want to keep reading. Also, I really don't like detailed descriptions of incest.

I would not recommend this story to anyone as it is currently written.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8