Profile for trouper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

trouper RSS Feed

The Wonder Years: Season 1
The Wonder Years: Season 1
DVD ~ Fred Savage
Price: $14.51
41 used & new from $10.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, This all-time fave!!!, September 22, 2014
This review is from: The Wonder Years: Season 1 (DVD)
My teen years come rushing back!!! Can't wait to get this and watch it with my kids. The Wonder Years has to be the best family comedy/drama ever made. Middle school & high school high jinx and heartbreaks, so truthfully presented. This is the one show I can recall that I could actually relate to. The issues and situations of every episode will be completely relevant to today's audience, too. Such a gem of a show.

The Midnight Special (6DVD) (Amaray)
The Midnight Special (6DVD) (Amaray)
DVD ~ AC/DC
Offered by Wiremill Products
Price: $35.25
19 used & new from $34.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the Past! So much fun!!!, August 24, 2014
OMG-I can't believe this is out! I used to watch Midnight Special when I was babysitting as a teen. Made me feel connected to that great music, even as I sat in someone's kitchen on a Sat. night eating chips. Loved this show. Can't wait to watch this and show it to my kids. Rock on!!!!

The Carol Burnett Show: Christmas with Carol
The Carol Burnett Show: Christmas with Carol
DVD ~ Carol Burnett
Price: $7.92
34 used & new from $1.58

5.0 out of 5 stars America's funniest Xmas "Carol", October 21, 2013
CArol Burnett is a national treasure, and I am sooooo glad this dvd is out in time for the holidays. We saw Carol speak last night at the Kennedy Center Mark Twain Award Show and she is truly a great American. Came from very humble origins and with grit, persistence and hard work she pioneered the way for women in TV. Her humor is family-friendly and side-splitting FUNNY. Watching these xmas sketches will be a new holiday tradition in my house, that's for sure.

Dean Martin Celebrity Roast-Collectors Edition
Dean Martin Celebrity Roast-Collectors Edition
DVD ~ Dean Martin
Price: $35.34
18 used & new from $31.34

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love You, Dean Martin!!!!, September 4, 2013
The Dean Martin Roasts are a blast! My husband and watched the roasts back in the 70s and have been waiting for them to come out on DVD. Amazing how great these masters of stand-up (Dom DeLuise, Don Rickles, Jackie Mason, etc) are as funny today as they were back in the day. TV back then really was pretty special and this proves it. Ever joke is razor sharp (and often pretty off-color...) Also, the bonus features are great --- lots of inside info about the show, the personalities and behind-the-scenes gossip. Mix a martini and enjoy!

Love For Levon (2xDVD + 2xCD)
Love For Levon (2xDVD + 2xCD)
DVD ~ Gregg Allman
Price: $23.49
12 used & new from $23.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin' Love for Levon, February 18, 2013
Really tragic that Levon died, and I really wanted to try to get to this concert but couldn't make it. But I'm looking forward to seeing it and I'm glad it'll be on BluRay.

The Carol Burnett Show: Carol's Favorites (Collectors Edition)
The Carol Burnett Show: Carol's Favorites (Collectors Edition)
DVD ~ Carol Burnett
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $34.42
28 used & new from $26.60

5.0 out of 5 stars The that TV can Be: Carol Burnett, October 8, 2012
Love this dvd. Laughed till I cried at Mama, Mrs Wiggins, As the Stomach Turns and Went with the Wind, and everything else. I could watch Carol go for the doorbell before it rings 9 million times and laugh every time. It's so great to be able to show my kids terrific comedy and music and not feel like I need to screen it first for "mature" content. It's so clear that Carol, Tim, Vicki, Lyle and Harvey are having a terrific time and that makes it all the more fun to watch.

This dvd set is a terrific value because my kids love it and I love it. So each disc will get well worn in the player!!!